FirstBank Employee Reviews

Growth
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 18, 2016
Not much growth available. You have to come in as a VP in order to get any sort of reasonable promotions. Otherwise you are strung along.
Good Workplace
New Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 25, 2016
There is no question about working environment. It is a very good company to start career. You will have growth opportunities depending on your performance. They offer pretty standard minimum wage and lots of other benefits. I liked it so far.
Productive and fun workplace.
Consumer Coordinator for Loan Operations (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 1, 2016
A very productive and fun environment with so many opportunities to grow mentally and personally. The team is absolutely amazing and makes the workplace a very fun place to spend my work days.
Pros
Lunch and benefits.
Cons
Salary.
Daily Routine
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, GAAugust 29, 2016
Answered between 75-100 phone calls daily. Stress level was high in that department. Loved my coworkers, but the environment was hard due to the call volume.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Overwhelming incoming call volume
My experience at the Bank, I would rate at 98% satisfaction
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIAugust 25, 2016
Fluid and cohesive interaction in meeting the goals of the company. A great staff to work with. Management was very complimentary.
Learned the art of pointed listening and resolving financial situations of clients.

The most difficult was being , at times, unable to assist financially, due to client inability to have gainful income due to medical ailment or other circumstances.

The interaction with staff wase one with many pleasantries.
Pros
Manager gave due recognition to employee accomplishments.
Cons
Customer Oriented and fun place to work
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, GAAugust 22, 2016
Strive to give the best customer service
Customer service skills
Management is understanding
Co-workers are easy to get along with
Bank merger with my former employer
Satisfaction in taking care of customers
Pros
FirstBank cares about its employees
Structural Operations and Procedures
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rio Piedras, PRAugust 3, 2016
The departament I worked is very structured and have most of their procedures established.

The financial/banking industry is very regulated and they visit us multiples times a year.
Pros
Free parking, Cafeteria
Cons
Gym/excersie facilities
Good place to work.
Real Estate ResidentialAppraisal Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 28, 2016
My typical work day for the most part were fast paced, working on several projects at a time working on line, by phone and in person with co-worker, customers and venders. For the last 7 years of my working career; I managed the real estate and environmental process of approval in our credit division.
Pros
Employee appreciations-free lunch, shirts, christmas parties, etc
Cons
Not having enough time to get to know my co-workers due to dead lines.
Tellers, Sales & Products
Representante de Servicio PT (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 14, 2016
Un dia tipico en el trabajo es dar Servicio a Clientes en los Procesos Bancarios como: Pagos, Retiros, Cambios de cheques, Apertura de Cuentas Nuevas y Venta de Instrumentos Negociables y Productos Bancarios, ademas de aclarar ciertas dudas en cuanto a sus Cuentas Bancarias.

La parte mas dificil han sido las ventas de cuentas por el deficit economico del pais, lo mas exitoso es que aun sabiendo este deficit, trabajamos en equipo para lograr las metas semanales, mensuales, trimestrales y anuales, logrando al paralelo la satisfaccion de la mayoria de clientes.
Pros
Personal Excelente y Buen Trabajo en Equipo
Cons
Poca Flexibilidad/Cumplimiento con Horarios por el Contrato
Receptionist at FirstBank
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 5, 2016
The day to day is busy, there is usually always something to do. Management will keep you busy. Co-workers are great not too much drama.
Pros
Great health and dental plan
Cons
Very few breaks, pay is not competitive
Fair
Teller (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 25, 2016
Really do not want to say anything negative but I have been in banking a long time and this was not a satisfying experience for me.
Wonderful benefits and an amazing and intelligent staff.
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Sun City West, AZApril 22, 2016
I enjoyed working for FirstBank because of the wonderful benefits and an amazing staff of people who I enjoyed seeing every day.

It is an "old-school" bank that is very personalized in its customer service approach and conservative in its lending practices. This ensures the bank is growing constantly, opening up to two brick and mortar branches, per year.

Despite its conservative lending practices, it offers products "outside of the box" that allows for many people with non-traditional income to buy or build the home of their dreams.

Overall, the officers and staff at FirstBank are great to work with. I also highly recommend this organization to anyone looking for a long term position with outstanding benefits.
Pros
Staff and customer appreciation events.
Cons
Low pay, to start.
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoApril 5, 2016
i learned how to work with multiple screens to reach the necessities of the customer. management was good, loved my coworkers and the hardest part of my job was working with angry customers.
Pros
Cons
no health care till given permanance
fast paced, always changing environment
Loan Specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 25, 2016
I loved working for the bank. I was able to establish a skill set in many different areas and was given the opportunity to advance into other areas of the banking world. I had many years in customer service where I provided anything from being a teller to taking visa disputes and sending wires. I also worked in the loan department where I reviewed loan documents, dispursed funds and made sure all transactions and documents were within guidelines. I loved my co-workers and became very close with some of them. What I loved most was that every file I touched was different.
Pros
Great benefits, ability to transfer locations
Cons
politics
Great coworkes
Sales & Service representative (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 14, 2016
Pick up calls from clients
Completed training in outbound and inbound calls.
Management showed to much stress when trying to reach monthly parameters.
Best part about my job was that everyone was very nice and liked to help.
Pros
Parties, healthcare, benefits.
Cons
Short breaks
productive workplace
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 29, 2016
Laid back atmosphere with excellent co workers. Flexible environment and small office so multiple hats had to be worn at times.
Great place, nice people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 19, 2016
FirstBank was a great company to work for. They care about their employees and take care of them. The environment is comfortable and the management is like family. Customers become friends and they enjoyed when you would greet them by name. I learned everything that most banks do and I loved working with money. It was a way to show responsibility. The hardest part was to make sure all transactions were done right and completely so I was able to balance at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and being part of a work family.
Pros
Free breakfast for meetings, great people
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJanuary 10, 2016
Great company if you are in it for the long haul. Entry pay is not great but advancement and pay rise fast.You are definitely rewarded for hard work.
Overworked and underpaid
Loan Ops (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 20, 2015
FirstBank is a very large Colorado bank. It employs thousands of people. Most of those people have worked with the bank for decades. The people who have worked their way from from tellers to the corporate sector do not take kindly to people who were hired outside of the FirstBank structure. They are disrespectful, rude and arrogant. Training is minimal and if you were told once how to do something, you better not ask again, or you will be ridiculed. The culture is borderline bulling.

Pay raises are given automatically at the end of the year and are not based on performance. There is no way to make more money at FirstBank other than sticking it out each year for one of the annual raises. The starting pay is very low (most new hires are offered a lousy $11.50 per hour), so don't expect to make a living wage for at least 10-15 years.

Once you get your foot in the door, you are stuck working at that position until you get your first 6 month review, then you can look at the internal job postings. You will not get a raise if you change jobs, though, so all you can do is just learn something different.

Most of the people at the corporate level who are not Officers, have worked their way up through the ranks. They are not formally educated and came to FirstBank straight out of high school. Their mentality never left High School, so expect your daily work life to be close to the movie "Mean Girls" and considering that the male to female ratio is about 20 to 1, it's like working in a hen house each and every day with a pecking order.

Bad behavior is not addressed
  more... by middle management even when complaints are made. Middle management is either passive aggressive, or super aggressive. Some managers would rather turn a blind eye to an incompentent employee than fire them, other's will fire you if you make one mistake. Working at FirstBank is like being a contestant on a psychologically/mentally abusive mind game show on a daily basis.

The entire staff is overworked and no one is happy. I would not recommend working at FirstBank.
Pros
Business hours, nice facility, fun Christmas party, bank holidays
Cons
Low moral, low pay, hostile work environment, tendency to hire only women, high turnover rate for those hired outside of the FirstBank internal structure
Easy Job, decent pay, great people
Teller (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COSeptember 21, 2015
Easy Job, decent pay, great people. Cons and pros as I listed. The company is very employee oriented, lots of early morning meetings, you really get attached to your co-workers, since you see them everyday. It's not a bad job, pay could be much much better.
Pros
Free lunch/Starbucks now and again, Balance incentive, pay raise for bilingual speakers
Cons
Worked Saturdays, Days off change, Changing lunch hours, no overtime allowed, Would have to take longer lunch hour in order to avoid overtime, have to stay from open to close everyday you work.