FirstBank

FirstBank Employer Reviews

Good compensation, Not much work-life balance or morale depending on your market
Banking Officer (Former Employee), Longmont, COFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: good compensation
Cons: not much work-life balance and an old school type of management
FirstBank is a good company that has a lot to offer. At the officer level however, the amount of responsibility that is thrown at you within the first couple years is a little too much. Depending on the market you work in, you will be thrown right into lending and difficult situations that you are expected to figure out on your own. Management is there to help but will act like they don't have the time of day to sit with you and help explain things a little more thoroughly. You basically have to me molded into the "FirstBank Officer" or you won't be successful even if you try to stray away from that persona a little bit. Good compensation but for the amount of hours most officers work with all the after hour events, early morning meetings, and opening and closing of the branch(50-60 hours per week, at minimum 45) it really limits your work-life balance and will burn you out in a hurry. Good place to gain a lot of different experience, I just wouldn't want to stay there for the rest of my career.
Good People
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee), Lakewood, CODecember 1, 2014
The IT teams and business sponsors are easy to work with and everyone is very intelligent.
Great community bank
Operations Administrator (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CANovember 3, 2014
One-on-one customer service is priority, pay is above average bankers pay and gotta love the bankers hours.
Good company
Lead Teller, Trainer, Customer Service, Cross Sell (Former Employee), Evergreen, COOctober 27, 2014
Good company and environment to work in. The job requirements vary depending on the position and locaiton. Extremely helpful in providing new hires with knowledge to be successful.
great experience
Service Representative (Former Employee), Ponce, PROctober 2, 2014
Pros: improve sells
Cons: benefits
Gained knowledge of checking and saving accounts, federal laws, improve customer service
Cant say much
Accountant Back Office (Former Employee), San Juan, PRSeptember 14, 2014
• Prepared institution’s daily cash position through the settlement desk and confirmation of investment transactions and collateral movements averaging between $3 million to $16 billion.
• Order entry of Repurchase Agreements, and follow up transfer. Provide support to front desk in Brokerage CD purchase and swap agreement.
• Confirmed maturity of principal and interest of broker CD payments; computed and analyzed repo maturity payments and wire transfers. Informed on Federal Reserve balance including funds sold and Federal Home Loan Bank.
• Processed monthly payments of Preferred/Common stock dividends and issued requests of Federal Home Loan bank drawdown for fixed income liability payments. Confirmed swap payment, analyzed contracts and issued adjustments.
Overall it was a decent place to work
Credit Card Representative (Former Employee), Lakewood, COAugust 16, 2014
-Processing credit card payment
-Helping customers and internal workforce with various questions and issues, resolving them in a friendly and efficient manner.
-I adored my coworkers and customers, they were the best part of my job.
Professional, but always exciting!
Office Assistant (Former Employee), San Juan, PRAugust 2, 2014
FirstBank of Puerto Rico is known for its great products and services. Working with the Marketing and Public Relations department gave the opportunity to know a bit more about how the company develops ideas to keep open door relationships with external, internal and new costumers. Very busy and up beat, there was something new everyday.
Good!
Unit Supervisor- Credit Administration Department (Former Employee), San JuanJune 4, 2014
I have been working for Firstbank PR for about 18 years and it is kind of hard for me to leave a place when I had so many opportunities. My co workers are excellent. I had the opportunity to learned a lot with them, we are a real team. I have a professionals managers who teached me how to deal in the hardest moments. During these years I had the opportunity to be in differents positions,working with customers and internal customers. The Most enjoyable part of my job is do what I really like to do, have communitication with my customers, help, informed them about the closing process. I am taking the decision to move to Florida looking for a better future for my kids, and for a better education.
Productive work place, fast pace, learning something new each day.
New Account Representative/ Sales (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COMay 15, 2014
Pros: great work environment, nice management
Cons: location, hours
This job has taught me how to find an answer in confidence, other then always asking questions. It has built my sales skills and made it become something I love to do. I was also able to become a leader in training.
GREAT PLACE TO GET EXPERIENCE
Accountant (Current Employee), San Juan, PRApril 29, 2014
VERY NICE WORKPLACE. NICE COMPANY CULTURE.
LOW WAGES AND EMPLOYEES BENEFITS.
More than just a bank!
Loan Service Rep (Former Employee), Lakeview, MIApril 7, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and benefits.
Cons: i really can't think of any.
I spent my days at Firstbank typing good faith estimates for customers applying for mortgages using a computer program that was very user friendly. I also did a lot of filing, which is something I actually like doing! There were many, many miscellaneous duties that included many different kinds of clerical work. Management was always willing to listen to ideas, problems, commendations-their door was always open. I had some awesome co-workers at the bank that I still miss to this day. The hardest part of the job was talking to angry customers whose escrow accounts had problems or when payments weren't applied correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the potlucks we used to have and we took many bank sponsored trips to some very fun places.
Productive sales at financial area.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Caguas, puerto RicoMarch 13, 2014
Supervise 20 employees and administrate 2 branches in operations and sales areas.
Various positions enabled for great ways to branch out into other roles.
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great opportunity to learn more than one role through lateral role transition or training courses, wide range of great customer base, amazing benefits package.
Cons: terms for advancement led to dissolution of teamwork due to high competition.
As a Personal Banker, I worked inside a grocery store branch so the atmosphere had constant traffic and commotion, making for every day to be different than the last.

We assisted members with teller transactions, account management (opening closing or adjusting accounts), and loan applications for small lines of credit.

The Firstbank team was absolutely great in ensuring we always had a thorough knowledge of what was required and assisting in further development in skills.

The hardest part of the job was advancing into management, despite having the required skill set. Created a competitive work environment when multiple coworkers went for the same advancement.

I enjoyed being able to move into many different roles while starting my career path in banking. This gave me the ability to learn the different sides of the required roles to ensure a bank operated smoothly.
Great place to work, plenty benefits and room for growth
Teller I (Former Employee), Christiansted, VIFebruary 16, 2014
Cons: great health care, paid vacations
My day consisted of processing transactions, balancing atms, counting large amounts of money, looking for suspicious activity and processing account referals. I learned how to work under pressure quickly but accurately, How to be more aware of my surroundings, leadership skills and much more. management was great, they strived for us to be excellent at what we do by having frequent trainings. my coworkers and I worked as a team. the hardest part of the job would be serving a difficult customer that causes a scene. but I enjoyed all the training classes and how we worked as a team to get the job done.
Good local bank
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 10, 2014
Great company, several opportunities to grow. Great customer service
Fun and challenging work place
Teller (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COSeptember 20, 2013
There is plenty of room for advancement and the employees are great.
Good company
Bank Teller (all part time/temporary) (Former Employee), Cadillac, MISeptember 3, 2013
Pros: interesting work.
Cons: part time, no benefits.
Good company. I have nothing else to say here. Good company. I have nothing else to say here. Good company. I have nothing else to say here. Good company. I have nothing else to say here. Good company. I have nothing else to say here.
Co-Workers
Residential/Commercial Properties Officer (Current Employee), San JuanAugust 23, 2013
A typical day at work is very friendly environment.
In 12 years I have learn a lot and I can continuing to learn more but if I have to say something specific it would be that I have learn to teach.
There were times where I not agree with there decisions; overall they do a great job.
Mostly FirstBank employees are good people who cares and look out for each other.
The hardest part of the job is when I think about leaving and starting over.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I see the satisfaction of a customer face when I give them the key to the new property.
Fun work environment with room to grow
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Longmont, CoJuly 5, 2013
Company puts exceptional effort into keeping employees involved and informed of organizational movement + future plans + goals

About FirstBank