FirstEnergy Employee Reviews

Good Co-Workers
Information Security Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHDecember 8, 2017
Atmosphere is good. If you're a contractor, be prepared to be underpaid. Work schedule is horrible if you want a social life or time to spend for family/friends.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Schedule, pay
Productive and fun place to work
ADV NUCLEAR ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Vilage, OHDecember 5, 2017
I enjoyed working with over 85 people in the 5 different labs that were located in our building. We worked with 3 Nuclear Power Plants and several external customers providing calibration and test analysis for oil, water, metals. Was always something new to learn.
Pros
work week Monday - Friday no evenings, or weekends
Cons
no lunch room
Productive and very busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reading, PADecember 2, 2017
A typical day at work can be challenging. I learned a lot about electricity and the usage. Management was very professional and always willing to help. The workplace environment was very friendly. The hardest part of my job was telling customers that I was unable to help if they ran out of options such as obtaining other payment plans. The most enjoyable part was able to help others and knowing I did my job well.
Pros
Potlucks all the time.
Cons
Temps are not eligible for healthcare.
I liked going to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 24, 2017
I like going to work getting paid for the services I performed and my management team was awesome.Truly the best job I ever had in my life.Iwould recommend them to anyone.
Company gave me the tools (training, researching, independence) to perform my work.
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 20, 2017
Great company to work for. The company allowed me to be creative in what I do. Some project can be stressful but challenging. Company stressed the importance on training and improving one's knowledge.
Cons
No discount on electric bill. Salary made up for it.
Too much ot
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 16, 2017
Ot is available and is mandatory at times it could be way too much and would not allow you to enjoy outside life because you could be on call and have to stop what you are doing and get to work with in 1 hour
Pros
Pto
Cons
Overtime
fun, energetic and family oriented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 11, 2017
Very family oriented working atmosphere, great team leaders and lots of help with training and while you were on the floor as well. Great company to work.
Pros
Great pay, overtime and the bonus
Cons
Its a full days schedule, so if you a have a Dr's app or any appointment for that matter, that time has to be made back up within that week.
Good working environment
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PANovember 9, 2017
It was a nice work environment, but limited availability for advancement. Security was not extremely important from what I noticed. Security was mainly suited to assist company employees over actually security measures,
Pros
I enjoyed the work load and the people.
Cons
not enough emphasis was placed on Security.
Great room for growth but a very stressful job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 6, 2017
I enjoyed working with the managers.But the job is very stressful and the pay in very low for how much we do and how much we take. The hours are stressful for single mothers with kids that get sick and things happen.
Pros
growth
Cons
hours and mandatory overtime, pay rate was low
Very stressful
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 25, 2017
It was very stressful working for FirstEnergy. I was a customer service representation in billing for a large electric utility company. We had mandatory overtime and some weeks I worked one hundred hours. I was exhausted the entire time I worked there.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very stressful
Challenging atmosphere
I&C Technician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 23, 2017
Working in a nuclear power plant is parallel to being active duty in the armed forces. All business with no room for error. It can be stressful, yet challenging.
Pros
good pay, and long term employment
Cons
stress, precision
good place to work although it was temporary
Decontamination Technician (Former Employee) –  Shippingport, PAOctober 22, 2017
I enjoyed the work and the money even though it was a temporary job. I worked this job three different outages. It was not always an easy job as at times there was some maneuvering that needed to be done.
Cons
not always busy
satisfying but fast paced position
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 20, 2017
This job was taking calls from a variety of customers: everything from starting electric service to billing to outages to special requests. Most work was completed on the computer but some required paperwork follow-up. Management help and assistance was very good but the need to be fast paced was stressful at times. I retired .
Pros
on going training, team activities
Cons
short breaks
Bad Managment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 15, 2017
ungrateful management, will fired you as soon you are about to be protected by the union. Worst experience ever, working so hard for nothing, yes you get paid of course but they don't appreciate their employees.
on call mandatory
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 9, 2017
required to be on call once a month with pager, and even when you did not have pager you could still be mandated to stay over up to 4 hours and be required to come in early up to 2 hours
Good place to work ... People are very congenial.
SCADA Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 4, 2017
Did not understand why my contract was terminated due to a sudden problem from a past surgery. It took almost a month to get on a computer. Had to learn job on my own (with some help from co workers), since everyone was so busy fighting fires.
Pros
Clean well lighted place. Mostly very nice people.
Cons
Never really got any training except on my own., Everyone was fighting fires al the time so I did not get much training, Took a month to get a computer.
productive
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 4, 2017
its excellent for entry level or seasoned employment. The hardest part of job was the on call weeks. They did feed us well when it was over time. They also offered fmla
Pros
Free dinner with required OT
Cons
On call weeks
This place sucks
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 2, 2017
I had never worked for a more racist place in my life. The co workers talk to you in a rude way and management doesn't stop the rude actions of the other workers.
FirstEnergy
Process Integration Specialist/ Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 2, 2017
My typical work day included work related duties based on the project I was assigned. I worked with clients to improve their processes with automated systems and efficiently designed databases. I also helped them with daily operations as needed, troubleshooting, data entry. I converted many databases and applications to different platforms and enjoyed designing and maintaining those processes.
Overworked Department
Nuclear Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Perry, OHSeptember 25, 2017
Working site protection requires a lot of hours away from family. The work/life balance is not good. Being forced to work over time is one reason why I am looking elsewhere for employment.