FirstFleet Employee Reviews

Tampa FlTerrible place yo work
Semi Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2016
This place is absolutely horrible to work for. First off the load Planner shows favoritism and his wife does the payroll, so guess what that means, if you find a mistake on your pay and you bring it to his attention he takes it personal and give you terrible loads, (can you say conflict of intrest) The pay is horrible, some days you dont even make $90.00, and a weeks check can be as low as $490.00. Very high turn over, stay away from this place
Pros
You get your own truck
Cons
Low Pay, terrible load planner, terrible benefits
Best Place i ever worked
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJanuary 10, 2016
I worked at FF in 2011 to 2013 easy job ,great money ,home every other day up an back from Tolleson AZ to Albuquerque Nm an back all paid miles ,great account with Krogers,great managers ,drivers were the best always,helpful i left there to move to TN ,biggest mistake i ever made in my life other than getting married in 1999 ,i make more money now though but i would gladly give up this in a heartbeat to run again in Arizona ,cannot beat this place ..
Pros
Great trucks, Great Money, great health coverage, managers are caring runs are easy, great mechanics at garage
Cons
None there are none trust me
favoritism, no free time
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJanuary 5, 2016
Firstfleet expects you to give up your life and be on standby 24/7. The but kissers will get the good trips even if it's supposed to be yours. They preach safety but they don't care if you're safe as long as you leave with your load. The dispatchers are A holes and have no sense at all.
Pros
They are stupid
Cons
They are stupid
CDL Class A Driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 29, 2015
This part of First Fleet Inc is hired by Flowers Bakery to deliver (drop/hook) loaves of bread via 53 foot dry van to different locations within a certain radius of the plant. Also some drivers are also required to pack out (unload and sort) the loaves of bread at particular warehouses. The pack out drivers jobs make more money due to the extra duties they have to perform. Most of the equipment is 2015 some 2014 and 2013. You are home every day or every night. Overall it is not a bad company to work for, you are home every day or night but the pay is a little lower than average. Loads seldom get cancelled and management is decent.
Pros
Loads are consistant
Cons
Medical coverage could be better.
RELAX WORK PLACE
TRACTOR INTERIOR MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  TOLLESON AZSeptember 1, 2015
Come in look at work orders that that need to be perform on the trucks or trailer. Do anything from tire changes to oil changes to replacing door for the back of the truck. I get allow well with others and enjoy my job. I am not micro managed and work at my own pace but make sure I complete all my jobs as perfect as a can. The hardest part about my job is not having the right parts to fix the truck or trailer.
my co workers are very helpful and friendly
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNAugust 9, 2015
A good place to get a start and they do help with some training. My day usually starts getting a yard check to see what there is to be worked on after i go thru the work orders.
Pros
Cons
benifits
great company
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  phoenix,azJuly 3, 2015
oversee all daily aspects of shop operation
computer skills
overall - good management
great co-workers
dealing with some of the outside vendors
fighting for warranty and saving money
Learning about the trucking industry.
Transportation Supervisor - Night Shift (Former Employee) –  Pine Hill, ALJune 21, 2015
I love to help people and preparing paperwork, giving directions, and helping with break-down and/or accident procedures was all about helping people.
Pros
Learning about the trucking industry
Cons
Night shift
good place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNApril 16, 2015
A very good place to work had health problems at time would like to go back miss working there lot of helpful people good trucks and miles...
Pros
free lunch sometimes
No communication whatsoever
driver (Former Employee) –  colorado springs,co.April 16, 2015
Poor management and dispatchers are lost. All driving positions there are based on seniority, dispatch will only give you the gravy when the weather is bad and those drivers don't want to risk their driving record. So called Asst. Mgr. makes the decisions if you get any miles that week or not. 34 hr. restarts twice a week so expect to be sitting unless its blizzard conditions then you will be the first person called.
Pros
some set routes
Cons
favortisim

Want to know more about FirstFleet?

Ask a question
N/A
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJanuary 30, 2015
job Was A Good Job But I Was Ready To Try Owning My Own Truck Thats The Reason for leaving first fleet to have the chance to drive my own truck
Company Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, INNovember 8, 2014
Nice staff,great hometime,they always keep you running,I worked for them for 3 years and they took great care of me and my family.
Pros
great hometime
never home
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Tolleson, AZNovember 7, 2014
make runs out of town. stay out over night and on some days off
high stress with little help from management and get home and low pay
Cons
pay low for amount of time your out
great place to work for
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  cedar rapids iowaJuly 18, 2014
a typical day at work would be go to work and work hard with no one on your case
i learned alot from this company have plenty of people helping ya out and teaching new stuff
management was great
co workers all worked hard and stayed busy
the hardest part of the job was nothing
the most enjoyable part of the job was the recongized a good worker
Pros
free lunches
no back up from front office .
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEJune 14, 2014
Typical company ... salary people only concerned with bottom line . no loyalty from higher ups .
Pros
new trucks
Cons
loyalty safety screwed up scheduling.
Easy Money
Driver (Current Employee) –  Delaware Ohio Kroger AccountJune 14, 2014
A big small company, big enough to provide security small enough not to feel like a number. Home every day , can really make as much or as little as you want to work.
Pros
home every day, good pay, flexible management, family culture, 2 consecutive day off
Cons
start times vary, weekend work
good company to work for
truck driver (Former Employee) –  91st ave buckeye phoenix azFebruary 13, 2014
good company to work for no problems that ever came up great people and dispatch was great
Pros
good hrs great drivers
Cons
no room for advancement
great job
Local Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 11, 2014
I was able to learn the Omaha, Council Bluffs area and got to meet a lot of people doing this job.
Pros
lots of free lunches
Cons
some places we went to we had to wait longer then nessary to get unloaded
wasn't what it should have been....
driver (Former Employee) –  txJanuary 29, 2014
I worked for the company for 3 yrs and was treatened with my job if you were unable to take there lying and do what they want and not what you were promissed.
Pros
decent miles
Cons
low pay, to high insurence costs
Long night, more work than a driver should be responseible for
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTDecember 17, 2013
Job requires driving 53' trailers with bread to depot (best part of job).
Also you unload stacks of bread with two wheeler which is hard work good exercise, and pays good. Next part after unloading you pack out. Pack out basically is breaking down bread trays into each
Each route in depot ,could anywhere from 4 to 10 route. Pay is by miles , stop pay , drop/hook , and per tray rolled off/ packed out.
You don't get paid for first drop/hook or stop per run, which means
If you do two runs in one day you lose your first drop/hook and stop for each run. Roll off is payed by amount of trays on trailer paper work has amount on it so you don't have to count them period.
Pack out is paid the same as roll of except pack out take twice as long, is a lot harder work and is rough on body need to be in good shape. Work schedule is nights anywhere from 2pm to 7pm or whenever the bakery gets the loads ready. The customer (flowers foods) has little or no consideration for the drivers. You an wait for loads to get for many hours instead of being home, however you do get paid delay. Flowers will change runs to their best advantage (saving them money) even if they have to cut runs in half therefore cutting drivers pay and they do it with as little as a days notice.
Also everything that goes wrong is the drivers fault.when loads are late distributors complain to management and make it seem like its the drivers fault even though the bakery is running 2 , 3, sometime 4
Hours late. First fleet makes sure flowers is happy at any expense.
No holiday pay except Christmas and thanksgiving flowers wanted
  more... us to work on both those days but enough employees complaint
And they change at last minute. You always work five days a week even on holiday weeks. Work week is split getting tues.and sat.
Pros
boss is easy to get along with, trucks are new volvo's
Cons
long night hours, lots of delay time, runs change constantly resulting in pay cuts