FirstFleet Employee Reviews

First Fleet
Class A Truck Driver (Local) (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MO 63043September 21, 2017
It's very disorganized. There is a lack of commitment to vehicle safety. No paid Holidays. I'm a local driver and I'm paid $15.50 /hour and that is not enough for the cost of living. You only get two personal days off the first year. I have been here almost a year and I do not feel this is somewhere I can establish my career for my retirement.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Pay
Best job I ever had.
Dedicated Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Excellent pay and benefits with no touch freight and driving only East Texas and Louisiana. This is a dedicated position in Dallas. Trucks are no more than 3 years old. I just received a brand new truck.
Pros
Everything.
lots of work,bad customer
driver (Current Employee) –  auburn,meAugust 15, 2017
First Fleet would be a good company if they got away from flowers bakery.
Drivers are constantly having to do more of the bakeries jobs, pack outs, loading,downloading stacks, taxi service for their people.
bad off loading equipment, safety is a joke.
Loads are always late, and they laugh at you if you complain.
to many stops, 14 hour nights,over stacked loads that fall over no matter what you do. have to work sick, snow storms,holidays, split days off, and don't even get me started on Market Basket runs.
Old trucks constantly having to be repaired,
Bottom line is company preaches safety driving but are silent about unsafe loads, and will have drivers fill in for bakery personnel,kissing the bakery's butt is paramount.
Pay and bennies ok, my manager and other drivers are top notch.
Want to quit, but its hard to find anything decent in this industry.
Pros
pay, benefits, manager
Cons
Flowers bakery, lewiston, me, overworked, split days, no recover time, long hours, heavy work.
Dispatch/Driver
Dispatcher/class A truck driver (Current Employee) –  Tolleson, AZAugust 6, 2017
This is a good place to work, not a lot of stress. i am treated as a person not a number. i like working for this company. i have been with firstfleet for 10 years, and i have advanced into the office. i work a lot because i like to driver also. and it helps supplement my income. overall a good place to work.
Pros
home every other day
steady work
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 2, 2017
Yard manager us un-approachable and atmosphere has become cold and hard to get any answers to simple questions. The garage is slow and often does not do adequate work on trucks appropriately.. The company does not recognize that the driver knows best and what is entailed at the freight drops and what driving directions work the best so that drivers are safer. There is always pressure on the drivers for needless hoops to jump through. The main office in TN does not take into consideration road work, car and truck accidents when they make the loads up. The job use to be enjoyable but the climate has changed so much that I think most drivers feel like they are walking on eggshells and feel very unappreciated.
regional drivers with daily home time
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, INAugust 1, 2017
Management is always there for support and guidance, searching for a workable solution for all involved. Workplace culture is fair, empowering and they want to do the right thing/s safely. Giving associates the power to work alone and make sound decisions.
Drivers were great to work with
Dispatcher/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJuly 24, 2017
you start off as an hourly employee. However, once they make you a salaried employee they want to work longer hours to over and above. Once a year they have driver appreciation day but they don't include their dispatchers.
Management stinks they do whatever they have to do to make themselves look good at any cost. They don't take responsibility for their own mistiakes.
Pros
shifts
Cons
management
Maybe it got better...
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 16, 2017
Watch your Back with some bosses and employees. I did work that I was not paid for often because they liked to cut costs - or they cut jobs. And if you spoke out - you were terminated.
Pros
Great Work
Cons
Bad Management
Not Recommneded
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEMay 19, 2017
Working for first fleet is a good place to make some decent money if you aren't afraid of physical labor and split days off don't bother you. But if you want any respect, to be treated fairly, any holidays or time off you might want to look someplace else. First Fleet is all about the bottom dollar for Flowers (bread) and driver safety is clearly not a priority (made clear after driver reported injuries and no resolution completed), company provides no work-life balance and has no desire to understand or care about family needs.
First Fleet is a lot of talk and no action, Preaching about doing the right thing but never following through.
Pros
Decent pay, home daily
Cons
Split-day off, no driver respect or care for drivers, work weekends, holidays, personal time/vacation time is a joke
Favoritism played on a daily basis
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMay 10, 2017
I thought they were a fair company to work for. I'd seen a couple of drivers that had been in a couple accidents and for some companies would have gotten them fired. First fleet kept them.
I on the other hand was let go when another driver purposely cause an accident and I was involved in. It was proven not my fault but was terminated anyways.
As far as pay and benefits they are pretty good. Most drivers were very helpful. They have the freight. My home time was had everyday to every other day. The local terminal management was helpful and tried to help me. When it came down to the main reason it was in the corporate office and fork safety.
Pros
Good pay and home time
Cons
Corporate office is to quick to judge and not get the facts.
Dedicated customers. Regular home time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rincon, GAApril 10, 2017
All terminals (some don't have truck parking just dispatch) serve a customer. You pull the same types of freight daily. Bread accounts/ Paper and grocery delivery are some.
Pros
stable miles
Cons
some management at the terminal level are difficult
Stress Free Area
Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZFebruary 8, 2017
On typical work days, you can work at your own pace.

Shop supervisor will take time to show you how to properly weld, ensuring shop safety codes are followed, and knowing when not to spend too much time repairing older type equipment (for example: age of the equipment, amount of repairs, and parts expenses).
Pros
Usally, no one relocate your tools if left unsecured
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Great Pay and Steady Work
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oxford, PAJanuary 20, 2017
Great place to work and even better people. The serviced account is hard to handle but First Fleet as a company is one of the best I have ever been privileged to work for.
Stay away
Daycab driver (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 25, 2016
Overworked and under paid. Pay is very low even below standard for newbie straight out of school. Just something to get by until something better can be found. Management will lie on you, doesn't acknowledge his drivers everything thats reported to higher by him he thinks he accomplished them alone. Won't stand up for his drivers, too cheap to get you a hotel room if you run out of drive hours. Daycab driver suppose to spend more time off and with family, Not on this account very early mornings between 1-4am working all day until 4-5pm. Most days not even making over $90. Will run as if you're in a sleeper truck. Most runs 4-6hrs away with very early delivery times. Backwards dispatching on backhaul very off route from your current location when he already has another truck in that area. Anything look on the computer but the computer isn't behind the wheel. This guy need to get from behind his desk and ride with the drivers to see the bs we put up with. Stay Away!!
Pros
Nothing.. Everyday was depressing
Cons
Weekend off unless you decide to work so paycheck will look somewhat decent
Amazing Company
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHNovember 22, 2016
This is by far the best company I have ever worked for. The people care about you and treat you with the respect and dignity that is missing from many places. Management is great, the IT department is second to none, and the focus on Safety is outstanding!
it's a really good company
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNOctober 28, 2016
First fleet is a great company with a very competitive salary. They understand when you have issues and can't drive. They are nice.
First Fleet Tolleson, AZ
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tolleson, AZOctober 8, 2016
The company is okay, pay is low, but Drivers have to deal with enough stress on the roads already then have to put up with some in the office/dispatcher staff who can be unnecessarily hostile and rude toward the Driving team. Good luck on your Job search!
Pros
Newer trucks
Cons
Low pay, unnecessary stress from rudeness
Great Company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNOctober 1, 2016
They are truly willing to work with you. Some of the dispatchers are a little rough around the edges, but the Manager I worked with was a wonderful person and was always willing to help me out when I needed it.
Decent place to work in the transportation industry
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2016
I worked at FirstFleet, Inc for about six months before I moved on. I learned much more than I knew before when working in the transportation industry and learned to work better with a higher volume of loads and drivers. I really don't have anything bad to say about the company, if your local managers cant give you the answer you need to know to better yourself at the job the corporate office in Tennessee sure will. I had a good set schedule and I was paid weekly so that was my two favorite things about the job. But the stress started to get to me in the end when things started getting busier and they wanted me to start working 1st shift.
Pros
Good Benefits, Weekly Pay.
Cons
Good luck getting a peaceful dinner break
Good working relationship with dispatchers.
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 29, 2016
I was home every other day. The company would recognize you for a job well done. Online safety training. Kept well informed of new changes and laws in the industry. New trucks every 5 years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstFleet. Our community is ready to answer.