FirstHealth of the Carolinas Employee Reviews

Excellent
Exercise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCMarch 28, 2017
A+ Excellent place and co-workers and excellent management. Excellent benefits. Great place of employment. Highly satisfied. No complaints. I would recommend this place.
If only the lonely knew the sorrows of the overworked
Epic Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCMarch 20, 2017
Try to work with the least amount of staff and still provide safe care. No work/life balance, even when expressed. If you work hard, they will expect more. Pay attention to your employees and your yearly evaluations you have them to do!!!! Above all LISTEN!! Often year-end benefits don't make-up for the yearly stress on families and health.
Compensation could be better if a total package was offered. If no additional pay is available then offer more opportunities for time off, vacation packages or just hire and retain the correct staff.
Pros
Dedicated staff, Open to new ideas
Cons
Very little staff, not enough compensation. Compensation isn't alway monetary, could be vacation
Managent is a joke
CMA (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCMarch 14, 2017
Management communicates through email. Unwilling to speak face to face. When they do lower themselves to speak to you it is to tell you how "you do see the whole picture" unwilling to correct a problem until it is grown out of control. Too much backstabbing and nepotism. Too much bullying CYA not enough patient care.
Pros
Good bebafits package
Cons
Hard place to work if youre not related to someone there. Alot of backstabbing
Efficient
Outpatient Coder (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCNovember 29, 2016
FirstHealth of the Carolinas is a great organization to work for. This organization puts employees first. I enjoy working for this facility and with my fellow co-workers.
good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCNovember 11, 2016
Overall experience and typically good day was good. Great person to work and would love to come back. loved the people who I worked with and the benefits was great.
Pros
everything
Cons
everything
Excellent Company!
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCOctober 4, 2016
FirstHealth of the Carolinas is based in Pinehurst, which is a gorgeous resort community famous for golf and other outdoor activities in the Sandhills of North Carolina. FirstHealth's employees are very friendly and welcoming. They care deeply about providing excellent patient care and routinely exceed top national tiers for clinical quality, customer service and employee satisfaction.
Pros
Small community, hospital has a wide range of services, employee benefits are great, three hours from the mountains, three hours from the beach
FirstHealth
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJune 25, 2016
First Health is a great employer, and they are very understanding; the EVS department is completely opposite this department is not professional. When I was a housekeeper the main thing that I didn't like was the fact that my supervisor was a contract company not FirstHealth, Having to follow FirstHealth rules and Crothal rules was a bit aggravating. Also,every weekend being mandatory for 3/4 time employees was not fair. The pay was terrible.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Too many supervisors in EVS
FirstHealth Review
Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCMay 10, 2016
FirstHealth is a great place to work. I am a senior network engineer in this environment. We are very busy each day. We spend each day working on network projects that we have been assigned and general support. I work with our route-switch team, so everyday I am managing switches, routers, firewalls, vpn appliances, dns-dhcp servers, in order to provide adequate support for our group. I have learned so much from my 18 + years here, it's incredible.
Management? What management?
Food and Nutrition Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCApril 15, 2016
I often felt as though I had a title but never any power. I enjoyed working as a member of a team and having my ideas implemented and variety appreciated. However, whenever changes needed to be made and put into place, the staff would complain and rebel and the management would never back your decisions. I felt that every day I walked alone because the employees had the power and the management staff had to stay submissive. This company thrived on chaos and gave far too many chances to staff that needed to be terminated.
Pros
Could pay for lunch with your badge, some staff and doctors were warm and welcoming, creative freedom
Cons
Management is absent, too many chances to rehabilitate poor quality employees
Productive workplace with good employees
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCNovember 19, 2015
Overall good working environment. Employees help each other and were supportive. Management was not available to staff as needed.
Pros
Enjoyed working with my colleagues
Cons
No communication from upper management
The technology at this location is very up to date.
Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCOctober 31, 2015
Good place to work all around. Projects are fast paced and the ability to manage multiple projects at one time is a must. Co-Workers are great depending on the department and the hardest part of the job is retaining the information about what is currently going on and coming up. Multi-tasking is a must to work in the information systems department at a minimum.
Pros
Day goes by really fast...
Cons
The pay is not up to standard with other locations.
Excellent place to be
Current Graduate Nursing Student at UNCG (Current Employee) –  PinehurstMarch 16, 2015
Excellent place to be. Great people and policy.clean nice this`is`amazing pleasing fine sowed smarts, sweet thing you are
Good place to gain experience for advancement
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCNovember 29, 2014
The workforce here is older than average so younger employees may struggle with how the older employees might view them. As a result, this is company is a great place to gain experience for the future.
Pros
Small corporation
Cons
Demographics Gap
Egotistical, Dictating management with varying policies from unit to unit
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCAugust 3, 2014
Mandatory overtime a must! Either on call too much due to low census or mandatory overtime due to eager management. No balance. Leads to many either unable to take vacation time due to using PTO for call shifts or manadatory overtime. And dont let your personal phone be seen or management will take it from you. Ask for certain times off and rest assured you will be scheduled for that time.
One of the best hospital-based fitness centers in the state.
Exercise Technologist (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJuly 15, 2014
Exercise testing and prescription. Facility orientations. Small and large group training and programming.
Pros
Close knit team of professionals. Great hours and benefits.
love it
RRT (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJuly 14, 2014
Wonderful place to work. I love it. Work loads are not bad and the people are wonderful.
"CARE"....confrontational, attitude, rumor, ego! This is the true meaning of the motto of FirstHealh
RN in ICU (Former Employee) –  PinehurstJuly 6, 2014
Cons:
If you want unneeded stress and low pay then this is the place to be!!!
They push THE "CARE" motto on a regular basis. I've never had such a horrible, nonsupportive, passive-aggressive, and power hungry manager and Clinical supervisor. There is no support for the RN's who are the backbone of the hospital. If we weren't there the hospital could not function, period. They treat us like a work horse and will hand us a lump of sugar just when we are ready to give up...but it's only temporary. The "niceness" wears off as soon as the Press Gainey's come in and then out come the claws and fangs again.
Pros
Pros: meager paycheck, good coworkers/friends (some)
Moore Regional Hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  PinehurstJune 23, 2014
A typical day exists of mandatory overtime with management believing it is normal to be able to call at all hours expecting you to come in though you aren't paid to be 24 hour call. Time off is not yours if management so deems it. Holidays are scheduled during time off and you are expected to work it. The management is not an advocate of the team, nor does he stand up for his players in a time of need. It is not a place that I would call home for long. The burn out rate is very high.
Good job terrible management
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Rockingham ncJune 13, 2014
If you are not in the "in crowd" and kiss alot of butt they will find a way to get rid of you.
Pros
Salary Benefits
Cons
management, job security
Hypocritical
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCApril 10, 2014
It's a job with motto of "Caring For People," when it should be "You Are Lucky to Have a Job."
Pros
Badge can be used to deduct meals or gift
Cons
Parking may be a long walk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstHealth of the Carolinas. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8