FirstHealth of the Carolinas Employee Reviews in United States

FirstHealth Review
Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCMay 10, 2016
FirstHealth is a great place to work. I am a senior network engineer in this environment. We are very busy each day. We spend each day working on network projects that we have been assigned and general support. I work with our route-switch team, so everyday I am managing switches, routers, firewalls, vpn appliances, dns-dhcp servers, in order to provide adequate support for our group. I have learned so much from my 18 + years here, it's incredible.
Management? What management?
Food and Nutrition Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCApril 15, 2016
I often felt as though I had a title but never any power. I enjoyed working as a member of a team and having my ideas implemented and variety appreciated. However, whenever changes needed to be made and put into place, the staff would complain and rebel and the management would never back your decisions. I felt that every day I walked alone because the employees had the power and the management staff had to stay submissive. This company thrived on chaos and gave far too many chances to staff that needed to be terminated.
Pros
Could pay for lunch with your badge, some staff and doctors were warm and welcoming, creative freedom
Cons
Management is absent, too many chances to rehabilitate poor quality employees
The technology at this location is very up to date.
Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCOctober 31, 2015
Good place to work all around. Projects are fast paced and the ability to manage multiple projects at one time is a must. Co-Workers are great depending on the department and the hardest part of the job is retaining the information about what is currently going on and coming up. Multi-tasking is a must to work in the information systems department at a minimum.
Pros
Day goes by really fast...
Cons
The pay is not up to standard with other locations.
Excellent place to be
Current Graduate Nursing Student at UNCG (Current Employee) –  PinehurstMarch 16, 2015
Excellent place to be. Great people and policy.clean nice this`is`amazing pleasing fine sowed smarts, sweet thing you are
Good place to gain experience for advancement
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCNovember 29, 2014
The workforce here is older than average so younger employees may struggle with how the older employees might view them. As a result, this is company is a great place to gain experience for the future.
Pros
small corporation
Cons
demographics gap
Egotistical, Dictating management with varying policies from unit to unit
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCAugust 3, 2014
Mandatory overtime a must! Either on call too much due to low census or mandatory overtime due to eager management. No balance. Leads to many either unable to take vacation time due to using PTO for call shifts or manadatory overtime. And dont let your personal phone be seen or management will take it from you. Ask for certain times off and rest assured you will be scheduled for that time.
One of the best hospital-based fitness centers in the state.
Exercise Technologist (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJuly 15, 2014
Exercise testing and prescription. Facility orientations. Small and large group training and programming.
Pros
close knit team of professionals. great hours and benefits.
love it
RRT (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJuly 14, 2014
Wonderful place to work. I love it. Work loads are not bad and the people are wonderful.
"CARE"....confrontational, attitude, rumor, ego! This is the true meaning of the motto of FirstHealh
RN in ICU (Former Employee) –  PinehurstJuly 6, 2014
Cons:
If you want unneeded stress and low pay then this is the place to be!!!
They push THE "CARE" motto on a regular basis. I've never had such a horrible, nonsupportive, passive-aggressive, and power hungry manager and Clinical supervisor. There is no support for the RN's who are the backbone of the hospital. If we weren't there the hospital could not function, period. They treat us like a work horse and will hand us a lump of sugar just when we are ready to give up...but it's only temporary. The "niceness" wears off as soon as the Press Gainey's come in and then out come the claws and fangs again.
Pros
pros: meager paycheck, good coworkers/friends (some)
Moore Regional Hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  PinehurstJune 23, 2014
A typical day exists of mandatory overtime with management believing it is normal to be able to call at all hours expecting you to come in though you aren't paid to be 24 hour call. Time off is not yours if management so deems it. Holidays are scheduled during time off and you are expected to work it. The management is not an advocate of the team, nor does he stand up for his players in a time of need. It is not a place that I would call home for long. The burn out rate is very high.
Good job terrible management
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Rockingham ncJune 13, 2014
If you are not in the "in crowd" and kiss alot of butt they will find a way to get rid of you.
Pros
salary benefits
Cons
management, job security
Hypocritical
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCApril 10, 2014
It's a job with motto of "Caring For People," when it should be "You Are Lucky to Have a Job."
Pros
badge can be used to deduct meals or gift
Cons
parking may be a long walk
This hospital is a good patient care facility.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCMarch 10, 2014
I enjoyed experiencing many different specialties as a scrub. We would work in Orthopedics, General surgery, Gynecology, Urology, Cystoscopy, ENT, Neuro Surgery, and Vascular. I worked several different shifts and specialized in Orthopedics and Neuro Surgery, although I could work in any specialty.
Pros
we could use our badge for meals (deducted from paycheck).
It's a job and that's it.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCSeptember 13, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of patient care, answering call lights, passing medicine to patients, wound care, and running to meet the needs of patients and their families.

What I learned is, give your patients your best. They deserve that and more,yet don't allow yourself to become burned out. Management at this hospital is horrible. They only care about themselves and could care less that you may actually have a life and family outside of work! Mandatory overtime is routine...48-60 hours a week is a normal expectation. On-call is required and don't dare tell them you can't do it because management will chew you out...so not professional!!!! Co-workers, some are awesome and team players yet some are negative just like the manager and will make your time there stressful. Too much gossiping and backbiting! The pay there was sub par. Having experience in your field and skills means nothing... Just another warm body...that's what they make you feel like.

The only enjoyable thing about this job was the patients and knowing you made a difference in their life.
Pros
paycheck, making a difference to patients
Cons
mandatory overtime, on-call, angry management, poor leadership, disrespectful leadership
Could have been a great place to work but too many problems
Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst NCMarch 4, 2013
Could have been a great place to work but too many problems. It needed a lot of changes that just couldn't be done.
Great Place
Certified Phlebotomist, MLA (Former Employee) –  Troy, NCJanuary 20, 2013
I loved hoapital it was a job that nothing was the same its always something differnent, great nurses, doctors, coworkers, I loved working in lab it was intresting and had many different jobs to complete but it was fun
Pros
great benifeits
Cons
no set break times due being emergency/healthcare
nice plate to worked
Patient Care Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCDecember 27, 2012
it was a joy to work there. i love working with everyone and i really enjoyed some of the patienc.
A great place to work, most of staff is dedicated to doing their best.
Team Leader and Assistance to Manager (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJuly 17, 2012
A typical day, started out working the patient service trayline area, delivering meals and menus to patients.Later worked inside cafeteria serving hot foods and making beverages. Some days, operating the cash register and filling out cash reports, Then making deposits.I finally advanced to cold food preparations, caterings for VP's and special functions. Years later, I received a promotion, along with more paper work, scheduling of staff, customer service training, programming of cash registers, audits of cash handling procedures, improving menus,counseling,and lots of hands on experience.A good working relationship with staff. Overall a great relationship with the customers and staff. The hardest part of job was the change over to outside management. It effected the moral and the menu changes, affected the press gainey score and the customers did not like the food offered and the increases in cost. The expansions and renovations were also a challenge. The enjoyable days were being a part of the fund raisers for united way and the manager's training classes offered, there were lots of training for the staff.
Pros
great benefit package, friendly staff, nice environment, good reputation
Cons
contracting of outside management causing low moral and also a decrease in press gainey score
Great experience
Development \ Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCMay 4, 2012
I am currently learning a new set of skills every week. My mind stays sharp all the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstHealth of the Carolinas. Our community is ready to answer.