FirstLight Home Care Employee Reviews

Patient learning Experience
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLDecember 9, 2017
A Great Work Experience..Learned Alot of Hands on Experience. Dementia, ALS, Companionship etc. Office staff is Nice. Enjoyed my experiences with Firstlight Homecare.
Room for advancement
Companion/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 30, 2017
This job was my part time second job and after finding out I was pregnant I had to stop working and they were understanding. They had a few employee turn around and customer service really decreased
Horrible place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 19, 2017
They would either OVERWORK you or not give you any hours for two weeks. Schedule is never stable always changed at last minute. Their communication with their employees SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
unstable hours
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Garden City, SCAugust 15, 2017
Honestly, I love working for this company. Understanding work environment. They value their employees and their customers! They work to keep a balance in the company.
home health aid
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Glen Rock, NJAugust 12, 2017
company is good but pay is low and they dont have much customers maybe around that time because they were just opened but now maybe they have more customers
I enjoyed my time at Firstlight
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 27, 2017
I left Firstlight because I had asked to change a client I had. They replaced me before they found somewhere for me to go. After I would not take a live in client they continued to lie to about having me a place. Other than that it was a good place to work.
Productive & stable environments
Caregiver/HHA (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 15, 2017
First Light Home Care has hardworking caregivers as well as office staff. They are almost always available when you have questions and are professional in every way.
Productive and fun working environment
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Personal Care Aid (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 5, 2017
Every day there is something new and exciting to work on. Never a dull moment and always staying busy. Various options to work every client I different and requires different care.
great for nursing students in school
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXMay 24, 2017
For majority of the job, there is only one aide so interaction is with the client only. The basic CNA skills are required to complete the job proficiently but it really depends on each client. Management works with you as far as your schedule but you have to give a notice, as is with all jobs. Sometimes they can be difficult to work with or try to push extra shifts on you because they do not want to have to provide the service but that is pretty much the extent in which you will be contacted. Hardest but most enjoyable part of the job are the different clients with their different personalities. Some good and some bad.
Pros
study time, interactions with different clients, always extra shifts
Cons
no lunch, no health care, exhaustion
Nice work enviromeny
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 16, 2017
I was compassionate with all my clients. Great place to retire.. Learned a lot about disabilities with elderly care. How much it means to the client that some one cares for them. Besides family. A lot of elderly people or with disabilities have no one to care for them and that's my position as a caregiver.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No bonuses or benefits
Challenging
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLMay 15, 2017
Working in a home care environment is exciting. You know persons who need care in their daily living, and you are there to take care of them. Being a caregiver is a dedicated career.
Low wage and high demand
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COApril 28, 2017
Management is horrible ans there ia little pay amd no benefits. Thry constantly call and/or mass text employees. There is time and a half fof holidays but clients will cancel their visits most of the time.
Flexible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/ Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 27, 2017
Very great place to work, you make your own schedule. The owners work with you and make sure you're schedule is up to your needs. Any issues and they're there to make sure it's fixed. Great workplace for all CNA's.
Pros
Flexible Times
Cons
Rewarding job working with the Elder
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 7, 2017
Great place to work, The owner is great, caring and loves her business. It is rewarding to be able to help the elder stay in there homes in there later years with the help of a great caregiver
Pros
Great work ours duing the week. Helping the elder
Cons
being on-call
Excellent
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montrose, CODecember 26, 2016
Great company to work for! Loved the management they were awesome. There were always hours available and they always worked on my schedual to help it fit best for my lifestyle. The best home care company you could choose to work for is this one!
It varies
Caregiver/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 22, 2016
Like with most healthcare companies, some days are bad, other days are good. It's nice when you have a solid staff office staff who care about the clients as well as the caregivers.
Good place to start and gain experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 14, 2016
Good place to start and gain experience. A typical day involved going to someones home and getting them prepared for their day. Checking to see if they have eaten anything.
Pros
Schedule was easy to maintain and adjust
help!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 2, 2016
I worked for first light in Ohio on center ridge rd. My pay was 10.00 a hr. It started off OK but I wasn't fond driving My car going far for only 2 hours. No compensation unless you are driving your client around. I hated the constant texting me to pick up shift that wasn't worth my time.i only worked when I wanted to, nothing is consistent with this company as far as having a client to care for on your own. You will be sent all over just to make them money. I did appreciate the fact that they pay you ten, because a lot of companies only pay 8-9 as if you could eat with that pay. I like the direct deposit because I don't want to see people and driving to a office every pay day. The company isn't bad it just needs structure. The owner is pleasant and everyone else in the office is as well. No company is perfect neither are you so you have to find one that suits you.
Pros
pleasant manager and office workers. love the net spend card
Cons
needs structure
productive workplace
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 27, 2016
I can work privately with a patient or i can work in share-care, which means I visit three to four patients, providing med. reminders, providing breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and making beds. I do laundry, take out the trash. I take blood pressure, oxygen pressure, or assist with insulin. I write down this information on our daily worksheets, keeping track of the time we spent assisting patients.
Stress
Staff development and scheduler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 16, 2016
Management only cares about money, has no empathy for the employees that work hard for the company. No organization within the company. Supervisor says and does whatever he wants and if the employee dont like the. You can leave. No balance between work and life. The company will tell the employees you must give up your personal life to be a good asset to our company at FLHC
Pros
Good hourly wages
Cons
No organization, no balance, no empathy or compassion. 1

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstLight Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.

FirstLight Home Care Reviews by Location