As a Member Service Specialist in a branch location, you provide new members with their first impression of the Credit Union. You will acquire, retain and deepen relationships with our members (customers) and provide great first impressions. You're also able to work with great people, give back to the community through service opportunities, and receive great benefits!
No Personal Banker/MSS experience? You may still be a great fit if you've been successful at meeting goals requiring consultative sales as found in retail envirnonments selling clothing and technology.
- Use consultative selling techniques to analyze and provide solutions for members' financial needs and to make sales referrals to specialized areas of the credit union based on perceived and unperceived need.
- Proactively makes outbound sales calls to inform members about a wide variety of financial services solutions that will meet their needs and deepen the member experience and relationship.
- Maintain good working relationships with business and community leaders within their assigned geographic market area by conducting periodic on site visits.
- Have strong knowledge of consumer and business deposit accounts including compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Have strong knowledge of consumer lending products (including home equity) including experience with reading, understanding, and interpreting credit reports.
- Present a professional image in dress, speech, behavior, and attitude to create a positive first impression.
- Work well under pressure and meets deadlines as expected.
- Complete other projects and/or responsibilities as added at supervisor's discretion.
- Exhibit our TEAMWORK values daily.
Monday - Friday 8:45 am - 5:45 pm and various Saturdays 8:15 am - 4:45 pm with one day off through the week. Some branches may work every Saturday.
Expectations and Qualifications
We are looking for a motivated self-starter capable of working independently and managing own workflow. Job requirements include:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Meeting productivity goals while maintaining a passion for service, attention to detail, and effectively cross-selling credit union financial products.
- Ability to comply with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations.
- Must have a minimum of two+ years retail sales and/or customer service experience. Financial services experience preferred.
- Must be able to sit or stand for an extended period in a normal office environment and lift up to 45 lbs.