Firstmark Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great and family oriented Orginizaation
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2017
Great culture here at Firstmark, they are always looking out for their just over 300 employees. Their benefits are wonderful as well as the management here at Firstmark
New CEO and Senior Management
VP - Loan Servicing / Collections (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2017
After new CEO and Sr management were hired, transition to eliminate jobs was announced and implemented. The Credit Union lost many, many good/hard working people.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Poor Managment
Great Place to Work
Senior Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2017
It is a great springboard into learning all aspects of the financial industry. Senior Leadership is very open to discussing goals, future aspirations,and allowing personnel the opportunity to grow within the organization.
Small credit union
Customer Service/Trainee Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 2, 2017
This company is ok to work for. It is more for entry level positions. It is an extremely small credit union located only in San Antonio, TX. No room to grow.
I love it here.
Senior Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2017
I started off in Member Contact. I really loved who I worked with. The VP is so nice but also about her business with the company. After learning all that I could, i transitioned to Sr teller at another financial center within Firstmark. There is definitely room for growth as long as you apply yourself and put in work! Great company to work for. Were a small credit union that is definitely growing and getting better within time.
Pros
Paid vacation, personal time, sick time. College reimbursement.
Cons
No breaks besides an hour lunch when working at a branch.
Assisted members with all aspects of banking
Sr. Account & Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2017
Assisted members with all aspects of banking and lending to include, business accounts, personal accounts, safe deposit boxes, home mortgages, auto and personal loans.
changing company
Assistant Vice President - Member Contact Center (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2017
many changes under new management, several of the top leadership of the organization changed after the arrival of new CEO. will continue to undergo changes
Love and Hate
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2017
Loved many of the people, but too much political friction to be productive. New leadership talks poorly about employees to other employees, which is very uncomfortable.
fast paced enviroment
Member Contact Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2017
A typical work day would be answering calls, setting up accounts and doing research. I've learned a variety of new systems and work/life balance is ok here. We were always off on Sunday which is a plus.
Great Company
Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2017
Great company and management is great. But as far as advancing and development for yourself since it is a small company it is difficult to advance and climb the ladder
Nobody in that institution is on same page and you always get different answers.
Member Contact center (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Few people were nice, mostly everyone was rude. You call different departments and they never wanna take call unless it's a sell for them. Always confusion on new procedures. There was favoritism and a manager here was always rude and never took time to say hello or how are you, when there's only 22 people in this dept. I wouldn't suggest anyone trying to have a career here.
Cons
Very old school culture. Micro management. Male domunated management.
Operations (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2016
The benefits are good - includes paid birthday and anniversary. But extremely poor management - managers go thru in depth training but still cant motivate or lead their employees. Very little diversity in culture. Old school thinking, too rules bound.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Old school. Micro management. Little diversity
Great opportunity
Learning and Performance Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2016
A typical day at work is busy. You learn something new everyday. Management is readily available. Co-workers are very knowledgable and willing to help you when needed.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Very great place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2016
Great work place. Great coworkers. Credit Union looks out for one another . Members make going to work my favorite part of my day.
It was once great but has changed
Other (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2016
FMCU was a place I loved working for in the beginning. I lived by the teamwork values and felt like a valued employee. They painted a very pretty picture, which was attractive and exceptional but when key people left, it went downhill fast.
I worked for the credit union for the greater part of a decade. During my tenure I got to see both sides of the business. The back office was a totally different place to work for than the branches. The rules were different, the way managers treated people was different etc. Management at the branch level needs to be reevaluated. How can this company continue to say there is not a problem with the branch manager of a branch when 7 employees leave within less than a two year period of time?
Pros
Benefits, vacation time, sick leave
Cons
Favoritism, nepotism, unhealthy amounts of stress, unrealistic goals
Ok
Sr. Mss (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 10, 2016
I worked at FMCU for 8 years. In the beginning I loved it, great management and co workers. Then everything changed to numbers. You were no longer a person just a number. I learnerd so much from this credit uion but I couldn't take just being a number. There are some who deserve promotions but others are promoted because they kiss butt. So sad. I used to love that place.
Pros
You learn.....alot
Cons
You're looked over unless youre a favorite, bad raises, bad upper management
Great work experience
Member Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 22, 2015
I was thankful that Firstmark hired me without teller experience and trained me on useful skills to use in the future. Great job to use as a stepping stone to further your career.
Pros
Training
Cons
No advancement
Challenging and funwork place.
ATM Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 20, 2015
I typically perform the daily procedures to keep the credit union operational. As needed I will work along side atm vendors to resolve atm issues. I assist in other areas of the credit union when needed.
Pros
fair work and home life.
Cons
not enough room for advancment
new experience
Member Service Representative, Teller (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2015
Firstmark was my first encounter with an office setting. This gave me confidence and taught me new skills. A typical day included communicating with members and identify perceived and unperceived needs.
Pros
attention to detail development
Bank Teller
Lobby & Motor Teller (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 6, 2015
Working in the bank is always a great experience. The knowledge & customer service is always expected to be at the very highest. Daily meeting were held & knowledge of banking skills were always the topic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firstmark Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6