Firstmark Credit Union

Firstmark Credit Union Employer Reviews

Teachers and members come in daily to do their banking needs.
Senior Teller (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2014
Pros: i like the management at the branch i work at. i enjoy what i do.
Cons: i work long hours on saturday and would love to make more money.
A typical day is opening the branch at 6:45 am and leaving between 3:45-4:30 daily and working all day on Sat until 4:30pm. I work with the teller staff and work short handed at times. I enjoy my job but enjoy
Teller Supervisor /Assistant Branch Manager Positions more.
know what your getting into
Loan Sales Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio TXSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: benefits are decent
Cons: not a team environment at all
The start was great and seemed like a fun environment... But let it be known, it is about the numbers. Goal, goal, goal! "Team members" are out to make their goal, their money, and are clique-ish. Better be an aggressive sales person and have mentality that you are out to yours and you are on your own. Wasn't easy to try and move another department or area.
Horrible upper management
Central Processing Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: listed in review
Upper management is horrible. Very little consideration for employees. Board of directors just as bad. Poor business decision making.
Most Unprofessional Work Place... No room for advancement.
Consumer Loan Processing Specialist (Former Employee), Gold Canyon HQJune 24, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: unprofessional environment
The manager in this Department is very unprofessional and has no leadership skills, and is very much so a micro manager. Plays favorites and wants "yes" people, pay is good for an entry level position. However, the position is very repetitive and is easily learned. High turnover rate due to management who yells and disrespects employees in open and discusses other employees with their peers. Had been told that there is no room for advancement from manager and even when applying for other CU positions it is hard to get out of this department. This is the most unprofessional work environment I have ever worked for. When they offer department incentives it is little to none, was informed pay is based on department budget and can only support so much, so pay raises and incentives are not great. Good luck if you work in this department or at FMCU, I am sure there may be some good managers in this company but in this area very hard to find.
ok place to work for
Risk Management Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 9, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good locations
Cons: sometimes too small of a company everybody knows your business
has great benefits
managers need more help - not team players
loved the job I was doing
No set schedule
Teller (Former Employee), TexasJune 4, 2013
pay was decent, hours were ok. only issue was not having a set schedule. Not enough weekend time.
Stay away
Member Contact Specialist (Former Employee), San AntonioMay 21, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: management, favoritism, hours
At first everything is great. Management is friendly and will work with your schedule, so that you are allowed to go to school. However the fairy tale ends quickly, and your realize management plays favoritism. Some co workers can come and go as needed and others have to jump through hurdles to get a day off. They change schedules every quarter, so every quarter you have to ask your fellow coworkers if they will change schedules with you, so you can continue going to classes you paid for. Insurance is extremely expensive at this company and you will see half your paycheck gone if you have a family plan. Call center is a very small group so going to HR is not a option, do to the fact that management will find away to force you out. However if you are lucky enough to be one of the favorites, your time there will be a blast. ***Once again their idea of working with your schedule, is that you can trade with another member of your team if they say its ok.****
Worst Place Ever to Work - Stay Far Away
Call Center Rep (Former Employee), San Antonio, Texas (Gold Canyon Road)April 24, 2013
Pros: none - absolutely none
Cons: everything - stay away
I went to work there in the Call Center off Gold Canyon Road as a temp - after many lies and disorganization I was let go after only 2 weeks - The main reason was I am pretty and my skin in white - they lie to you - alot of favoritism - and a complete diaster - with their lack of training - their idea of training is sitting you with different reps and listen to calls - are you kidding me???????? If they like you - and you are hispanic - go work there - otherwise stay away from that snake pit - because alot of vipers work there - and they are mostly management-
Run Away - Run Away!!!!!!!!!
Good work environment
Teller/MSS (Current Employee), San Antonio, TX 78217February 3, 2013
Pros: teamwork environment
Cons: not enough overtime
Good team oriented environment with good benefits. I've been in sales and customer service with the current company for over a year and a half now and I'm looking to expand my career goals.
Firstmark Credit Union is a growing credit union that believes in their members and employees.
Sr. Risk Management Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio TXJanuary 18, 2013
Firstmark Credit Union is a great place to work. Teamwork and giving back to the community are two important aspects of the CU.
Their benifits are very good and offers health, dental, vision, 401K,
and at this time a retirement plan for the employee that onoy the CU contributes to. Training and education is encouraged for their employess to help with doing their best and understanding the members needs and concerns. Managment encourages the employees to follow the CU's Mission Statement.
Fun environment
Senior Teller/ Senior Member Service Specialists (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2012
Pros: fun job
Cons: management will fire you instant if you make a mistake

greeting them promptly and with a smile;

providing your undivided attention;

utilizing advanced need-based sales skills (such as relationship interviewing) to become acquainted with our members, understand their current and future financial needs, and meet those needs by determining and recommending the most appropriate product and service package;

establishing new account and consumer loan relationships, assist with maintenance and inquiries, and direct members to other resources as necessary;

effectively applying expertise with more complex Credit Union products and services including, but not limited to
LST is a Blast
Loan Sales Coach (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2012
Pros: vacation, dental care and vision care
Cons: health care and growth opprotunites
Working in the lending department is a lot of fun. We are always celebrating with food and having fun. We work hard to make sure that we are protecting our members daily by offering additional loan products.

March 9, 2013

Applying with Firstmark Credit Union is a joke...to say the least I took a survey as I was being considered for a position and was rejected. I think i ws even rejected as I am not bilingual and thats discriminatory...I wouldnt apply with this credit union if i were you!!!

Alot of favoritism, disorganized in member service, no team work within the credit union
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 7, 2012
There is alot of favoritism and if your not one of the favorites you will be miserable. A very disorganized credit union not consistant with the policies and procedures from one branch to the other. You have to fend for yourself with in this organization.