Firstmark Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great Company
Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2017
Great company and management is great. But as far as advancing and development for yourself since it is a small company it is difficult to advance and climb the ladder
Nobody in that institution is on same page and you always get different answers.
Member Contact center (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Few people were nice, mostly everyone was rude. You call different departments and they never wanna take call unless it's a sell for them. Always confusion on new procedures. There was favoritism and a manager here was always rude and never took time to say hello or how are you, when there's only 22 people in this dept. I wouldn't suggest anyone trying to have a career here.
Cons
Very old school culture. Micro management. Male domunated management.
Operations (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2016
The benefits are good - includes paid birthday and anniversary. But extremely poor management - managers go thru in depth training but still cant motivate or lead their employees. Very little diversity in culture. Old school thinking, too rules bound.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Old school. Micro management. Little diversity
Very great place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2016
Great work place. Great coworkers. Credit Union looks out for one another . Members make going to work my favorite part of my day.
It was once great but has changed
Other (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2016
FMCU was a place I loved working for in the beginning. I lived by the teamwork values and felt like a valued employee. They painted a very pretty picture, which was attractive and exceptional but when key people left, it went downhill fast.
I worked for the credit union for the greater part of a decade. During my tenure I got to see both sides of the business. The back office was a totally different place to work for than the branches. The rules were different, the way managers treated people was different etc. Management at the branch level needs to be reevaluated. How can this company continue to say there is not a problem with the branch manager of a branch when 7 employees leave within less than a two year period of time?
Pros
Benefits, vacation time, sick leave
Cons
Favoritism, nepotism, unhealthy amounts of stress, unrealistic goals
Ok
Sr. Mss (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 10, 2016
I worked at FMCU for 8 years. In the beginning I loved it, great management and co workers. Then everything changed to numbers. You were no longer a person just a number. I learnerd so much from this credit uion but I couldn't take just being a number. There are some who deserve promotions but others are promoted because they kiss butt. So sad. I used to love that place.
Pros
You learn.....alot
Cons
You're looked over unless youre a favorite, bad raises, bad upper management
Great work experience
Member Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 22, 2015
I was thankful that Firstmark hired me without teller experience and trained me on useful skills to use in the future. Great job to use as a stepping stone to further your career.
Pros
Training
Cons
No advancement
Challenging and funwork place.
ATM Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 20, 2015
I typically perform the daily procedures to keep the credit union operational. As needed I will work along side atm vendors to resolve atm issues. I assist in other areas of the credit union when needed.
Pros
fair work and home life.
Cons
not enough room for advancment
new experience
Member Service Representative, Teller (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2015
Firstmark was my first encounter with an office setting. This gave me confidence and taught me new skills. A typical day included communicating with members and identify perceived and unperceived needs.
Pros
attention to detail development
Bank Teller
Lobby & Motor Teller (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 6, 2015
Working in the bank is always a great experience. The knowledge & customer service is always expected to be at the very highest. Daily meeting were held & knowledge of banking skills were always the topic.
Enjoyed the customer contact and helping them with their financial decisions
Teller III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2015
Create member confidence and friendly relationship with the Credit Union. Perform their transactions with speed and accuracy. The hardest part of the job was selling services to the same members you see multiple times a week. This was difficult to try to sell the same thing to the same people everyday.
Pros
Member contact and relationship
Cons
Hard core sales quotas
Fun place to work
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 18, 2014
If you are looking for a close knot team, then this is the place
Teachers and members come in daily to do their banking needs.
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2014
A typical day is opening the branch at 6:45 am and leaving between 3:45-4:30 daily and working all day on Sat until 4:30pm. I work with the teller staff and work short handed at times. I enjoy my job but enjoy
Teller Supervisor /Assistant Branch Manager Positions more.
Pros
I like the Management at the branch I work at. I enjoy what I do.
Cons
I work long hours on Saturday and would love to make more money.
know what your getting into
Loan Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio TXSeptember 27, 2014
The start was great and seemed like a fun environment... But let it be known, it is about the numbers. Goal, goal, goal! "Team members" are out to make their goal, their money, and are clique-ish. Better be an aggressive sales person and have mentality that you are out to yours and you are on your own. Wasn't easy to try and move another department or area.
Pros
benefits are decent
Cons
Not a team environment at all
Horrible upper management
Central Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2014
Upper management is horrible. Very little consideration for employees. Board of directors just as bad. Poor business decision making.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
listed in review
Most Unprofessional Work Place... No room for advancement.
Consumer Loan Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gold Canyon HQJune 24, 2014
The manager in this Department is very unprofessional and has no leadership skills, and is very much so a micro manager. Plays favorites and wants "yes" people, pay is good for an entry level position. However, the position is very repetitive and is easily learned. High turnover rate due to management who yells and disrespects employees in open and discusses other employees with their peers. Had been told that there is no room for advancement from manager and even when applying for other CU positions it is hard to get out of this department. This is the most unprofessional work environment I have ever worked for. When they offer department incentives it is little to none, was informed pay is based on department budget and can only support so much, so pay raises and incentives are not great. Good luck if you work in this department or at FMCU, I am sure there may be some good managers in this company but in this area very hard to find.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Unprofessional environment
ok place to work for
Risk Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 9, 2013
has great benefits
managers need more help - not team players
loved the job I was doing
Pros
great benefits, good locations
Cons
sometimes too small of a company everybody knows your business
No set schedule
Teller (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 4, 2013
pay was decent, hours were ok. only issue was not having a set schedule. Not enough weekend time.
Stay away
Member Contact Specialist (Former Employee) –  San AntonioMay 21, 2013
At first everything is great. Management is friendly and will work with your schedule, so that you are allowed to go to school. However the fairy tale ends quickly, and your realize management plays favoritism. Some co workers can come and go as needed and others have to jump through hurdles to get a day off. They change schedules every quarter, so every quarter you have to ask your fellow coworkers if they will change schedules with you, so you can continue going to classes you paid for. Insurance is extremely expensive at this company and you will see half your paycheck gone if you have a family plan. Call center is a very small group so going to HR is not a option, do to the fact that management will find away to force you out. However if you are lucky enough to be one of the favorites, your time there will be a blast. ***Once again their idea of working with your schedule, is that you can trade with another member of your team if they say its ok.****
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Management, favoritism, hours
Worst Place Ever to Work - Stay Far Away
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, Texas (Gold Canyon Road)April 24, 2013
I went to work there in the Call Center off Gold Canyon Road as a temp - after many lies and disorganization I was let go after only 2 weeks - The main reason was I am pretty and my skin in white - they lie to you - alot of favoritism - and a complete diaster - with their lack of training - their idea of training is sitting you with different reps and listen to calls - are you kidding me???????? If they like you - and you are hispanic - go work there - otherwise stay away from that snake pit - because alot of vipers work there - and they are mostly management-
Run Away - Run Away!!!!!!!!!
Pros
none - absolutely none
Cons
everything - stay away

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firstmark Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9