FirstService Residential

FirstService Residential Employee Reviews

You have to work hard and be a fast learner
Property Special Project Assistant/ AP Coordinator (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: You a lot of interesting people
Cons: no job security
You must be a fast learner. They don't train you very well but if you are someone that likes to research you will be great. Job security is not a reality.
Good Company
Front Desk Manager/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: working on holidays
It is a good company for anyone who is interested in the hospitality business. a lot of opportunities for growth. this company also has good benefits. pay rates are based on the property you land in. you must be able to multi-task efficiently.
adequate work place
General Ledger Accountant (Current Employee), Las Vegas NVMay 27, 2015
Pros: flexable hours
Cons: leadership is lacking
Have provided full general ledger accounting services to HOA properties. I have learned accounting for properties. Hardest part of the job is lack of leadership. Most enjoyable part of the job is that it keeps me very busy
its okay
Front Desk Supervisor/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), miami flMay 25, 2015
i lovemy job but if i had a different manager who is more hospitality oriented it would make my job so much more fun and great to work
Great
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLMay 23, 2015
It is a great to work for. It is a solid company. They also offer great benefits. Co-workers are also a plus. However, they are downsizing.
great first job
Doorman (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 19, 2015
This was my first job. it helped me become forklift certified, taught me all kinds helpful life skills and allowed me to work with great people who cared about the employees and customers
Bright Horizons
Facilities Supervisor/Building Engineer (Current Employee), Pompano BeachMay 11, 2015
This was an awesome school at one point but when the new principal came to the school turned the school culture upside down. This principal does not give support to their employees and does not motivate staff.
Laid back atmosphere that gets business done with Fun Fridays.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Mesa, AZMay 9, 2015
Pros: Fun Fridays (we get breakfast), fun co-workers, supportive boss
Cons: Nasty homeowners, accountability issues.
A typical day at work is trying to get multiple projects done with plenty of interruptions throughout the day.

I was able to build the website from scratch and learned a lot more about social media and email blasts and how all of those can be used the most effective way.

My boss is great guy who is a people pleaser and has a great sense of humor. Being that he is a people pleaser less than productive employees get a pass and aren't held accountable for their lack of work ethic or mistakes thereby putting more work on already stretched thin co-workers.

Most of co-workers are fun and hard working. I spend time with them outside of work as.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with negativity from homeowners and having to keep your composure in difficult situations. Also since we are an onsite office we don't have the same access to databases and the intranet so sometimes it is more challenging to be efficient.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the pleasant people and the communications aspect of my position. I like my job and my co-workers but I feel I have gone as far as I can in the company.
Great Place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 5, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, nice work setting.
Cons: Could pay more in certain positions
I have been working for FSR since 2004, I have completed all of my undergraduate and graduate studies while working with this company. They have been very flexible. I have had a great experience working for this company.
productive workplace
o Insurance Administrator (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2015
steady work, always busy, good benefits, nice people, good location, decent pay, lots of sitting, normal 9-5, learned about property management
Great Place to start an accounting career
Client Accountant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Standard Pros - easy to get to with DART system.
Cons: Fairly horizontal organization. Not much room to grow once a position is mastered.
Very knowledgeable managers in the accounting department. Very diverse group. From necessity, I learned a lot of my Excel skills while I was here. I was given the opportunity to build the reimbursable system, management fee calculator, and several other tools still in use, today.
Work
Front Desk Manager/Team Leader (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLApril 20, 2015
Pros: Health Insurance, Paid vacations, Paid Time Off (PTO)
I been at my Property for 10+ years now unfortunately I was placed in a smaller sized BLD (Building). Which left very little room to move up the ladder. As time progressed and my skills improved I took on more responsibilities without an exact title. My daily activities for work has a little more to do then just being at the front desk.
Checking my messages first, helps me head start my day. I am the Team Leader, I would make sure the staff (F.D.) fulfilled their obligations/responsibilities in my absence and check with them to make sure no info need to be passed down (helps determine if there is a situation I may need to address). Daily, aside from answering phones, trying to keep residents happy, and making sure the population on the property adheres to the rules and regulations set forth to Govern the BLD. I basically look for ways to reinvent my work area. I have created charts to help better understand some of our software here, I compose flyers for events that takes place in the building. Go as far as hosting a few of the events. Train new hires for the company. I just try to make sure I'm always on top of things, Lead by Example. Keep an open line of communication. If an emergency situation took place my steps is: I would fill out the proper forms, make necessary call but afterwards I would address my staff with as quick email blast to let the know at least of the type of incident that took place so over the next day or so, if anyone is approached by a resident regarding the event they will know what he/she is talking about and how to move forward with any request given. I would like to think I am a 100% team player I am a person that would help carry someones groceries for a smile and thank you.
No work/life balance
Chief Engineer (Current Employee), Aventura, FLApril 18, 2015
I worked with First Service Residential for about three years. The building I was assign to didn't have a healthy work environment and work life balance was non existent.
A Day At The Waterview
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: Team of well educated professionals
Cons: pay may be based on the contracts vs the Associations budget.
Hi. I am proud to say that I'm an employee of some of the most diverse professionals in the world. A typical day involves meeting our tenants, some of whom are very important people within our company. Next, Theres our property manager and her Assistant. They are very well trained and educated people who care about the happiness and safety of our tenant family. We are a people friendly group of professionals who's only happiness is in seeing our clients as happy or even more happier, if possible, than we are. Sure we handle the day to day things you would expect in a condominium environment, But when things get tough we get smart and assure our tenants that all will be well. We work great with our Association Representatives. 9 of the most caring people you ever want to meet.
So if anyone would ask, there is a simple saying that sums up First Service, "Putting you first is not just our service it's Our Pleasure."
Very friendly atmosphire to work and live in.
Resident Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 6, 2015
It was a great place to work. The management was very helpful and caring. The work was fun and coworkers were hardworking.
Admin
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), miamiApril 1, 2015
Great relaxing company to work. Depending on property salary ranges from 13-18 per hour.
Low stress environment
Very mundane work
great coworkers
Work is work
Front Desk Concierge (Current Employee), Deerfield FloridaMarch 25, 2015
Job is mentally demanding at times. Someone hovering over you so there is added pressure and stress. Overall they do offer benefits along with internal opportunities to move up in the company.
Productive Workplace
Customer Care Specialist/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Dania Beach, FloridaMarch 13, 2015
Pros: management was very caring towards reps
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work for this company was very, very, very, BUSY. What I learned was how it works with living in a Homeowner's Association with the rules & regulations.
Management was overall & typically okay, but the coworkers I met & came across were very helpful & generous.
The hardest part about this opportunity was telling the homeowner that there was nothing that could be done to assist an certain issue that the customer may have called in regarding his /her property.
The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know & learn about how HOA's works around the world & get to know other people in different states.
Manager (previous employee)
On-Site Manager (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLMarch 12, 2015
Pros: online classes and discount with university
Cons: poor leadership; no work-life balance; no support from regional director
Company promises a lot to gain accounts. To keep accounts the Executive team "pays" them to stay. The employees are tasked with the stress, overwhelming amount of work, and are under paid for the long hours worked. There is too much bureaucracy and false hope/help. The company has a lot to offer but, the employees do not take advantage of it since there is no peace of mind. There are many disgruntle workers.
productive fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2015
Pros: quick opportunities for advancement
Cons: don't always seem to value employees
professional work place with many advancement opportunities. good benefits and management assistance, enjoyed working with co-workers. enjoyed working with management to enact change.

1 2 3 4 5