FirstService Residential

FirstService Residential Employer Reviews

Productive Work Place
On-Site Property Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 24, 2015
The company has a team based structure - each VP/Managing Directors has a team of Property Managers and Assistant Property Managers.
Amazing Place to work, Wonderful People!
Parks and Facilities Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, wonderful pay
This place is a wonderful place to work, i recommend it to anyone who is looking to get into the property management business.
Decent place to work.
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale FLFebruary 21, 2015
Decent place to work. The pay is good for being just a job. Difficult to advance. The corporate side is horrible with communication. Nothing about the job is hard. As long as you are personable you will not have any problems.
Enjoyable family oriented place to work
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: residents and employees are all treated as family
Cons: location
Busy from the moment you walk in to the moment you walk out. But it's a good thing. Job performance is the same everyday but everyday is different some how. The property has a very good team who gets along with each other like brothers and sisters which makes it enjoyable to go to work. It is literally like a second home and a second family.
Political Nightmare
FSR (Current Employee), CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: the people (non-manager) free coffee and soda
Cons: bad management, horrible work load, horrible pay
If your enjoy backstabbing, nepotism, and a management team that has no management training at all, then this is the place to work. People who do the work and job but don't partake in the political feuding by choosing sides are quickly pushed out through harassment techniques including yelling and unnecessary duplication of work in order to cause you to fall behind. Those people that play the game no matter how useless they are work wise (Inaccurate, incomplete, sloppy work) are protected by management including termination of managers that have potential HR issues and rehiring them as a consultant (1099) and eventually rehiring them, when the potential problem employees are removed or transferred to different offices. The best part of all is that they have yearly meetings where they brag about all the money and growth that the company is making yet they have not given raises in years. Then to add insult to injury they give cash rewards to there Community Managers based on retention as thou the Community Manager is the sole reason the that community decided to stay with us. Nothing about the dozens of people that support the CM. They get nothing. Just to add another example of how dirty they are, The company holds on to some employees even thou they are horrible because there relative sits on the board of a very large community.
first service
Area Specialist/Administrative (Current Employee), Atlanta gaFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: meet great people
Cons: no lunches
great company and I love to assist the residents. A typical day would be to make sure the residents are taken care of, and to assist them with whatever they need help with
Good working environment.
Parks and Facilities Administrator (Current Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 9, 2015
The good and bad of this company is that there is not too much supervision, so some people take advantage and you end up pulling more than your share.
Fun place to work that allowed for a good life balance between work and home
Chief Building Engineer (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good company to work for.
Cons: the drive to and from work.
A great place to work with a team of professionals that knew what it was to give great service, management allowed all team members to be proactive in all aspects of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the residents.
In a nutshell - Do not apply or work here
Anonymous worker- worked in various departments (Current Employee), Hollywood , FLFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, internet is fast great to find another job
Cons: factory like evryoment, no leadership, everything, no raises
They give you a title like regional or director. Just to please egos. The company does not have a sense of direction and does feels like a sweat shop or factory. The turn over is 200%. Every other week, they let go or fire people and then they get replace the next pay period. Property managers make great money, but if the board does not like you, your a fire just like that. No reason or explanation given. If you happen to work in accounting Hollywood Office they will work you, and in the end a piece of paper will be given to you as a star, Yes, just like in kinder garden.
Management does not care, they have their agenda and if you do not fit, you are gone just like that.
No training, no budget, and leadership.
Lots of stress, lots of work, if you suck up, they will be room to grow.

Honestly, the department of labor should look into this place.
Do not make the mistake I did, stay away.
Trust me you do not need the stress.
RUN!!! the other way
GL Accountant (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Client Accounting GL Dept...Hostile working environment, no work/life balance, extremely stressful, unrealistic deadlines, no team work and HORRIBLE benefits... it is just a very dysfunctional place to be which will run down your physical and mental health. Not a place to work!
Professional Company
Onsite Village Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Property Management - First Service is a very professional company and giving opportunity's to employees
Very Comfortable Workspace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: hour-long lunch
Cons: n/a
Employees are friendly, work environment is comfortable, and employers are more than willing to help you learn how to do your job.
Overall View
Compliance Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale ArizonaJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: paid for phone and had a fuel allowance of 250.00 a month
Cons: long hours
First Service Residential is a large company based out of Canada. The teams in place are all hardworking and easy to work with on any projects. Mostly out in the field I would manage the daily compliance of properties and had over 6000 homes to review. I learned many things regarding real estate and community law, landscaping, private a public lands uses, Document integrity. All my co-workers were hard working individuals and helpful. The hardest part of the job was in the amount of emails and phone calls volumes from such a large amount of homes. I truly enjoyed the challenges, and that my actual office was the communities I managed so I was in the field most of the time and I was able to telecommute 4 days a week.
Nice
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Dania Beach, FLJanuary 8, 2015
The work enviroment there was alright, it wasnt too bad. I did not live far from the place but i had to take public transportation from time to time, and they were not able to accomodate my days. I was new there and it was winter time. The snow and icey roads i was not familiar with. Had to move on to another job,
Property Manager (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Pre-Marketing & Marketing Services

-Re-key / Secure Property
-Valuation Services
-Redemption timeline management
-Detailed marketing plans and disposition strategies
-Market exposure through social media and nationwide MLS
-Valuations and marketing plan reconciliations reviewed in-house
-Cash for keys program (Relocation Assistance)
-Valuation Services
-Eviction monitoring and management
-Asset Management and preservation services
-Detailed expense accounting
-Contract administration and monitoring of Buyer financing
-Online offer negotiations and approval within client guidelines

Closing Services

-Title Curative Service
-Full online interface with designated closing Attorneys and Title companies
-Real time closing tracking
-Single point of contact for closing management
-Consulting Services in areas of Default Management, Foreclosure and Asset Management
Unorganized Department
General Ledger - Client Accounting (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Cons: health benefits cost are high, long work days, unsupportive upper management
As the company begin to grow, they did not grow the staff with the volume. Staff was overworked and underpaid. Processes were changing, but staff were not properly trained. Displayed the 'figure it out attitude' towards new employees. Inexperienced people were hired and deadlines were unrealistic, especially for new staff. Stressful and demotivating environment. A horrible high turnover rate.
packages
Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee), Miami Beach, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: 30 minutes break
Cons: healthcare, pto, vacations etc
Every day is different always waiting for USPS,ups,FedEx, etc for delivery's to be done and moving in or out whit that problem the hardest part is when i have to tell contractors they not allowed to work in the building not all of them take easy but i try to make easy for them giving them a good explication and a nice smile the best part of the job is knowing every single person is 400 units in this building and i almost know every one i love when they comeback from new York or different places they live and just came here for vacation and when i recognize them they just tell me hey hows is possible you can remember everyone here and i lough and say because i love this job and like to remember everyone that way i can help you better.the only reason i'm why i'm leaving this opportunity is for a better salary and a better opportunity to spend more time whit my family plus i want to get far in businesses be proud of myself being in a better place.about management they have a great job in the office all of them make a difference every day helping the people here and teaching every worker to give they best to serve in this company is the best management company i know and i have a great manager which care a lot of the building,residents,and employees.
fast work enviroment
Personal Assistant/Concierge (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 19, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
• Make guest Suite Reservation
• Provide Community tours of facility and Condo units
• Book events for the faculties in the building
• Maintain vender relation and policy
Great company, bad office
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), pembroke pines, FLDecember 15, 2014
Pros: christmas bonus, luncheons, gifts, parties, benefits
Cons: everything
FirstService Residential is a wonderful company to grow with. Great benefits, and many other great things that they do that I am very proud to work for them. BUT, I so happen to work in one of the worst offices FSR has. This is in a senior community, and everyone in that office is a hypocrite. They smile in yoour face and then throw you under the bus. The office manager and general manager only care about the rental and resale applications, and not the operational side (which is where i work, as an admin assistant). The operational side is where we make things happen. But i seem to be the puppet of the office since i am always covering for other people (especially the receptionist/front desk and can never get my own work done). I have to the spend the entire day doing someone elses work, while no one is covering my work. Where is my back up? whos going to be sitting at my desk when I am out sick, or when i am busy covering another department? No one. Because apparrently, some people in this office are a protected class by the office manager and general manager. One of the property managers works her butt off day and night in that office, and the other one (obviously a man) sleeps his day away in his office, with the DOOR CLOSED! this place is evil, and everyone here (including me) must be nuts, yet strong to work here!! they need to fire every single manager there except the one property manager that does all the work!! If you get a job at FSR, make sure you get paid well and work at a high rise away from the sub burbs!!
Poor management
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Singer islandDecember 9, 2014
Pros: property owners
Cons: weak management
Property manager at singer island condo ran building like she was a middle school brat. Constant gossip about owners and employees.I caught her going through my pictures on my personal phone three times.She also discussed an employees legal situation like it was common knowledge. Every unit owner wanted her gone but building was controlled by developer. Manager spent more time parked in her bosses car dowm the street then she did working.Manager was finally kicked off property.but too late to help me.

1 2 3 4 5