FirstService Residential

FirstService Residential Employee Reviews

Not as great as they appear.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2016
Overall this company does great productively. They have high interest in taking on more associations thus they lack accommodation for the employees and residents served. This company sells you the best but executes less then half of their promises. If you have a family RUN. You will not have time to take care of home. As well no money to provide adequately if this will be your primary source of income. Be careful you will be told lots of things only to realize they are not honest, equal nor just. Good luck if you do decide to accept employment. You will definitely need it.
Pros
Flex Friday's
Cons
Compensation, benefits, portfolio assignment, work load and the communication is horrible.
High School
customer service (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLJanuary 13, 2016
Not only does management reprimand you for not communicating properly, but they themselves lack proper communication and blame it on "their workload."

There is no compensation for loyalty, willingness to assist internally and externally. They lift those who do nothing and treat the rest with disdain and shun you if your not Jamaican.

Not only did the experience with First Service reflect poorly with the company, but they do need to show gratitude for customer service.

While the rest of the company employees thrive with wonderful benefits, customer service gets treated like a step child.

Would I recommend FirstService to anyone? NO
Pros
Cons
Terrible office manager, terrible communication, harassment, discrimination, pay
Great but no consideration to personal life
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 25, 2016
On the positive side:
Good place to learn and grow in management. Co-workers are always polite and helpful. Team leader is a great role model. Inspiring company culture and mission. Remote database allows you to work from anywhere. Helpful phone application as well.

On the negative side:
Absolutely no work/personal life balance.Benefits & healthcare are not that great. Pay is not enough considering the amount of hours you have put in. As I've read and agree with a previous review, too many chiefs, not enough Indians.
Great Culture and Benefits
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 20, 2016
Referred several employees to work for FirstService. Excellent benefits, culture, and opportunity for advancement. I moved up several times - the company promotes internal advancement.
Pros
Benefits, culture
Cons
workload
Great Company
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2016
I think that the company is great to work for and has great pay and benefits. They do offer perks,discounts, for their employee to major company's that we use everyday. They make sure that employees are doing great professionally and personally.
No Appreciation
Staff Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 16, 2015
Assisting residents with various inquiries and monitoring the property to ensure HOA policies are being enforced. I learned that the customer is always right. I enjoyed the interaction with the residents and making sure that their needs were met.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of management support
Ok Job
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLDecember 14, 2015
The company needs to reevaluate the treatment of employees. In addition they need to understand that everyone is a customer not only the person or people they favor.
Pros
Decent benefits, Work Places Are Usually beautiful, Tends to be a great learning experience, Works great on your social and people skills.
Cons
Easy complaints, Dealing with different people(personalities), Physiological beating
first ervice is a good company to work for
Front Desk/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 28, 2015
First service has great benefits and pay rate. The hours i work arent the best but im adjusting well. Ive learned all of front desk operations, using two-way radios, operation of the alarm systems, and gates, completing a daily log, and proper greeting for answering phones.
Pros
great pay
Cons
bad hours (overnight/weekend only)
My work
Community Association Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2016
I am been working for First Service Residential for 15 years in AuguIst. Every day is a different challenge I have been lucky enough to get the opportunity to be an Admin as well as being a manager this experience has helped me become more organize and impove my customer service skills. My team of co-workers are not just co workers there are my family. I will miss them dearly when I re-locate to Georgia at the end of June. I can say that we are a good working team we help each other without hesitating. The hardest part of my job is when you try to help someone but feel that it's not good enough no matter what you do. The most enjoyable part of my job is having great co-workers and great board members that help you and guide you and you grow as a person and as an employee.
I have expressed all rating acurately
Front Office Supervisor/Concierge (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 17, 2015
Working at First Service was a positive experience for me. I enjoyed being Concierge and serving our Community. I made many relationships that still continue. My not being there at this moment was do to Medical reasons, that I am completely done with and so much want to get back to work.
Management a staff was a unique experience and truly a family enviroment and at the same time very professional.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Very little. day to day challenges which were actullay not a Con but growing experience.
Most unprofessional company I've worked for
Administration (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 30, 2016
This company is awful! When they were hired to manage our HOA, they came in with this great presentation and speech about how fantastic their company was. Unfortunately nothing that they promised was accurate. It was utter chaos from the minute they took over. There was no support for employees or homeowners. Management routinely avoided homeowner phone calls or passed issues down to other employees to deal with. Employees were spoken rudely to and about. All their fantastic "technology" was a joke and didn't work. When employees quit (which was almost weekly), they were never replaced so the few remaining employees were doing 3-4 people's jobs. The training manager always mentioned how things had to be done a certain way to avoid lawsuits. It was almost weird how much she mentioned lawsuits.... but I now realize why. Their practices are shady at best.
Cons
Horrible managment, chaotic work environment, no clear processes in place
perfect enviroment to learn and work with profesionalism
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 20, 2015
from this company I learned to be multitask, I am very good at customer service and communication with coworker and residents.
I learned to supervise other worker as team work.
Pros
good benefits and job enviroment
Productive and enjoyable work place
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 9, 2016
My job is all about customer satisfaction. My sole purpose from 9-5 is to insure that the residents at my condominium day to day life goes smoothly. I learned that you cannot please everyone but our job is to do what is best for the building and nine times out of ten if you are respectful the residents will understand this concept. The management is wonderful, we are all treated with respect and kindness but at the same time they do not waiver from letting us know when we are wrong. As for my co-workers it's pretty much the same as management, we get along well, when we do disagree we come to an understanding because it's all about teamwork. The hardest part of the job would have to be the few people that you cannot please no matter how hard you try but that has taught me patience. The most enjoyable part of work are the residents who are always happy with how hard we try to maintain the building and happy with our customer service, they are a delight to be around.
Pros
Free lunch at meetings, holiday bonuses
Cons
Healthcare
Profession and Administrative Running of Adult Community
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, NJSeptember 20, 2015
Company used to be run with a family feel. Now managers in the field are on their own. No managerial support from Corporate. No reviews and raises. No sounding board when there are issues. Too much favoritism also.
Pros
Great place if you are secure to work on your own completely
Cons
Terrible if you need any support or new to the industry
Very busy invoriment workplace
Account Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 12, 2016
First Service is a Management Company. It is a busy work place. Its a place where you come involved with many different people. You have to be able to muti- task in order to preform all your day to day duties. I work side by side with Managers, Property Mangers, Team Leaders, and Co-workers. The hardest part of this job is everyday things are subject to change. One many you can be ask to perform like this and the next day those duties are change. So never get use to the same job performance. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you was able to complete all task within your 8 hour day and keep the smile on each one you help that day.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
2 short breaks
Bad company!!!
FORMER BOARD OF DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  JACKSONVILLEJune 12, 2016
Do not go to work for these "people". They specialize in destroying communities by running them into the ground financially. They took $4,000.000 Of reserves and decided they did their own "study" and are putting a community at risk for a huge special assessment because they are not being financially responsible. But they are putting marble tile in the clubhouse for what is pretty much their exclusive domain. Run, do not walk, away from this company. You may not ever get a job from a responsible management company once you hitch your horse to their wagon.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
Fake Company Culture
N/A (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2016
FSR is like Westside Story because you have the Sharks (RMI) on one side and the Jets (ECM) on the other side. You can cut the tension with a proverbial knife.

If you like the crab mentality, then you've come to the right place. Co-workers are always scheming and plotting to get ahead. Management loves to micro-manage.

Most positions allow you to be on auto-pilot because the work is not challenging, just repetitious.

The hardest part of the job is coming into work.

The most enjoyable part is leaving for the day. Great atmosphere on Fridays for some strange reason.
Pros
Ample parking in the back
Cons
No bonuses, ridiculous stress, Culture Club, leadership and FirstCall
Good Company
Human Resources Generalist/Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  UplandSeptember 13, 2015
Great company and benefits. Co-workers are great to work with. They work hard to get that life, work balance in place.
It is a fast paced office which I like, but some cannot handle.
Management is very helpful and wants to give resolution to issues that arise.
Benefits
Cons
Busy hours, but overnight gave me time to do my class work
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 21, 2016
Overnight front desk manager, a typical night at work would be paying attention security cameras and making sure that the building is secure. Management are more worried of the residents than the employees commitment to their work. There was not really anything difficult about my job, maybe staying awake some nights. Most enjoyable part of the job was assisting some of the residents.
Pros
assisting some of the residents
Cons
Hours, management
Great Company for Advancement
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJune 28, 2016
A typical day of work would consist of assisting residents, realtors, other property managers with their needs. Assisting prospect renters and buyers through the application process.
I have learned structure and discipline, within this company. I learned what it was to lead a team. My co-workers were professional and supportive. The most enjoyable were the residents. The hardest was dealing with the management.
Pros
1 hour lunch, paid holidays
Cons
cost of health care, Property Managers