Firstsource Careers Employee Reviews in United States

Fast Pace and Interesting
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAJune 20, 2016
This job was awesome and sad on so many different levels. My office was actually located at Emergency Room waiting area and next to the chapel. One thing about this job, I loved helping people out in which ever way was possible to get their hospital bills paid. I even had the hospital do pro bono work for a couple of patients. I went far and beyond to help the people that were really in need of medical attention. I worked in all departments of the hospital. I mean from the ICU, Maternity ward, Emergency room, out patients, in patients, and just walk-ins; where they probably just needed a little help with filling out an application for some type of assistance. Some times it did get a little emotional, but it was only due to the nature of the job. All I know is that I always tried my best to help out a fellow co worker or patient.
Pros
You get to see things you want and don't want to see
Cons
sometimes there was just no time for a break
Degrading
Federal Student Loan Collector (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 14, 2016
A very unprofessional work environment. Some employees rewarded for breaking laws to make the company more money. No one knows what they are supposed to be doing and no one cares. I recommend if you are considering starting a collections career or continue yours here, DON'T. Save yourself the trouble and aggravation. There's definitely something better out there for you than this nightmare of a company.
Cons
Foreign owned company that doesn't have a clue how to be successful. Greedy.
Great Company
Custo (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 9, 2016
Amazing company with competitive benefits. Excellent trainers, supervisors and operation manager. Advancement opportunities within. If you can show up on time it's the easiest money you can make.
good place to work for
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 31, 2016
They are really focused on getting you trained well so that you are able to give customers the best experience that you can. Cannot bring cellphone inside workplace. Nice and fun people to work around of.
family oriented company
Accounts Receivables/Collector/RBA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMay 23, 2016
learned many aspects of all different departments

great vacation package

flexible work hours

accessible to contact all chain of commands with questions.
Uptight environment with unprofessional actions
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 16, 2016
I felt there was way too much favoring of certain employees and that the managers didn't agree on things and told us employees different things. Most coworkers were great, others were not as accepting of new people.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Terrible break room
Productive and eventful workplace
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 13, 2016
Firstsource is an interesting place of work due to the amount of management involved within the company, including security policies, and many more obstacles. One day within this company is never the same.
Awesome Company !
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 9, 2016
Enjoyed each day at work.
Management will support new ideas and sponsor your ideas / project too. Everyday was a new learning. I have learnt so much about US laws and legal stuffs.
Good working atmosphere
Verizon Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 9, 2016
The job was a good working environment and decent working hours. The benefits were really good and started from the first day you started. The only thing criticism I have is that that they put a lot of emphasis on survey scores and not the chats.
Pros
Good benefits and from the start of employment
Cons
Not much communtiction with CSR's and supervisors until a subject reaches a climax to be relsoved
Productive and relaxed work place
Claims Examiner / Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 8, 2016
A typical day at work is critically thinking and solving problems in order to process and pay claims correctly. Claim issues come to our department to be corrected as there is some sort of issue(s). Learning has been key at Firstsource as I have been in and out of training over 6 times in 2 years. I have learned numerous systems and have been the final person to approve a claim before it's released to actually being the first. I have worked numerous states with different guidelines to follow as all states are not processed the same. My co-workers are often negative and I try to tune them out so that it doesn't affect my work or work ethic. The hardest part of the job would be often running out of work. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning so many new things and being trusted to do a good job!
Pros
Flexible schedules, relaxed working environment, & good work/life balance.
Cons
Not much career growth, lack of work, & often forced to leave early.
Monthly awards and dinners
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Lake Katrine, NYApril 25, 2016
I liked this job, if you want to work on your own with little training this is the place for you. I listened to an ipod all day long while i worked. Job was easy and benefits decent for the area.
Pros
Monthly award dinners, good benefits, laid back atmosphere
Cons
timed bathroom breaks, very structured schedule with no flexibility, points system that is iffy at best
Nearly Typical Corporate Customer Service
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 23, 2016
Come to work early in the morning, take chats on a computer for our client and do any necessary trainings through out the day if necessary.
Manage customer accounts with dignity and speed.
Gained great friends while working here as we have plenty of time to get to know eachother through events and throughout the workday.
The job itself can actually be quite fun if you don't let the mean customer every once in a while get to you.
Sometimes while on two very complicated chats, you can become very stressed.
Management for the most part was okay, our site director didn't get involved with a whole lot which made me feel uncomfortable.

I learned so much about customer service from working here and I would probably do it again if I had the same crew.
Pros
Friendly people, incentives
Cons
Got Laid Off
Call Center Representative-Fraud
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 19, 2016
Main duties included detecting and protecting fraud on credit card accounts. I learned how to detect fraud and calmly guide customers in protecting their accounts. My co-workers were smart and efficient and management was reliable and professional. The hardest part of my job was handling an irate customer. The most enjoyable part was gaining their trust and assisting them.
Great if you like working alone
Patient Service Representative Onsite (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYApril 19, 2016
You do work alone with no supervision. Job training is not that great, management issues where other co workers can talk down to you. Then that the job was great.
Pros
working alone, pay
Cons
mangament
n/a
Customer and Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 11, 2016
hated this place micromanaged so glad i got out when i did trainer was great and that was about it. have nothing else to say about this company
Firstsource is a great company to work for
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 6, 2016
Employee appreciation and basic consideration was very high. We were given every opportunity to grow within the company structure. A very pleasant work environment. Employees were encouraged to celebrate births, birthdays, holidays etc.
Pros
Lunches, parties, management overall patient consideration
Great Place! Contracts may cause issue.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 31, 2016
Firstsource is a great place to work at, the staff is dedicated to help you succeed no matter what. They will work with you on everything, even with scheduling. That said, contracts with the place may cause issues due to they can be pulled and then you will be out of a job.
Pros
great co-workers, awesome environment, scheduling is nice
Cons
Contracted work
Wonderful place to work if the client's contact didn't expire
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 23, 2016
I worked for firstsource doing customer service for the client. While customer service is never the best job, Firstsource made it as bearable as it could be, with great job culture and mostly excellent management. There they are understanding of home life events that might effect your schedule, and as long as you communicate you are taken care of. I would rate the job security as very secure if their attendance policy hadn't been so strict until recently, and the client hadn't pulled their contract so quickly that Firstsource didn't have a new client for us to work for.
Great atmosphere and great people
Customer Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 23, 2016
I have loved working for Firstsource. I started there in their wave one of recruitment and quickly advanced into a Team Lead management position. I have absolutely loved being a part of this company and its start, regardless of the way it is ending. On May 19th, 2016 Firstsource will lose its contract with its client and will be laying off all of its employees. The people have been amazing and I am very sad to leave my current position.
Pros
market to buy food, theme days, sometimes free food and events, TV's in the lunch room.
Cons
short lunches, late hours for night shift.
Customer Service for cellular phone company via chat.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 17, 2016
Typical eight hour day included dual chats trouble shooting and providing customer service to customers subscribing to service from a cellular phone service provider. Team atmosphere with management and coworkers learning multi-tasking skills and service.
Pros
Comfortable environment
Cons
Bad healthcare