Firstsource Careers Employee Reviews

Great group of people to work with
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 18, 2017
Was disappointed that the company could not maintain any clients here in Eugene, OR and was closed after one year. Culture was fun, but after 8 months or so, became much more stressful when more expectations were added.
If you get 1 work type you are lucky
Medical Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 14, 2017
50 hrs a week is the goig time for working so no time for anything else.
Its who you know if you get anywhere in the company.
Too many women work there.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
no home life
Good work experince
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 6, 2017
This was my first call center experience. It was back to back phone calls for 10$ an hour. I liked most of the people i worked with however some people gossip like it was high school.
Process
MORTGAGE PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLMay 4, 2017
Processes and procedures change everyday and there is no consistency. There is over redundancy in the process. We do receive bonuses for hard work but sometimes unobtainable. The environment is okay to work in.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
Overly complicated processes
Life is what you make it
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHMay 3, 2017
I work hard and enjoy helping people For most of my life, I've found joy in employment that results in helping others. The most rewarding job I held was LTC Coordinator, I was able to meet the Residents and their families. .
Horrible Management
Onsite (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 29, 2017
Management is awful. Questions fall on deaf ears. Make promises and not follow through. Can't get ahold of supervisor or manager. Act hostile and annoyed when spoken with. Never appreciated for work accomplished.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Supervisor and management
Nice Place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 28, 2017
Nice place to work overall. Although pay raises and advancements aren't given out too often.

A typical day is like most call centers you go to your desk and start your day. There is some drama which tends to be the most difficult part of focusing on your work though it is not an all the time thing. About average with most offices. Turn over tends to be steady as it is with most collections positions.

All in all it is a nice place to work with nice people there. Just keep your drama at home and focus on the position you were hired to be there for and all will be well.
Pros
Team building contests, Clean environment, friendly receptionist, friendly staff
Difficult company to work for.
Certified Trainer / Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 27, 2017
High level management interested in bigger numbers in their pocket only. No thought or consideration given to the people working hard to make a living. The only place I ever worked where you were rewarded for good quality and production by having your pay cut.
Pros
Flexible work hours.
Cons
Poor morale, uncaring management, poor payment practices.
An okay job to work at
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Andalusia, ALApril 26, 2017
The job is okay and the hospital staff was okay as well. The job is not hard, but can be frustrating not being able to help the ones that need it and watching others that can get help dodge your phone calls.
Job security with freedom, and flexibility while helping the community
ER Financial Counselor/ OFM (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 20, 2017
A challenging and dynamic environment that requires you to wear many hats, and truly help the community. The workload is beyond what's possible to ever finish in a day, and there were communication issues between Management and the front line, but your given a lot of freedom to get the job done your way within the bounds of company policy, and they were very flexible and understanding when time off is needed. They listen to their employee's, acknowledge when change is needed and adapt accordingly as best they can. Leaving at the end of the day after helping bring peace of mind to patients in need during some of their darkest hours is a priceless bonus. You get to be a hero.
Pros
Freedom of operation, being a true hero
Cons
Work load
Not quite what I was looking for
Medical Biller for Marketplace Insurance Co (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 18, 2017
The job was a contract position and changed policies almost everyday. The pace was difficult to keep up with and the pay was well below national average for similar jobs.
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 17, 2017
Great management, fun and interactive environment. Very focused on quality customer service, problem solving. Sincere work culture with great attitudes of both management and co-workers.
Pros
Great management
Firstsource
Senior Manager, Client Relations (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 14, 2017
Pleasant atmosphere. Nice time to work from home positions. Fair management human resources and interesting working with off shore Chennai India has been very interesting.
Pros
Work vs Personal Time
Cons
Not enough travel to clients
Inconsistency
Billing and Enrollment Auditor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 12, 2017
No consistency in hours or pay. Either overtime or no work. No work family balance. Enjoy what I do and like the people I work with but the company does not support its employees.
Pros
Dress code
Cons
Workload inconsistencies
It was a great place to work
Esort-Medical Coding for UHC (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 6, 2017
I loved working here and if I hadn't gotten sick , I would still be working here . I love my coworkers and they always made it an enjoyable time and they are some of my best friends to this day.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Worked long hours
Stressful
Call center representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 4, 2017
The nature of the work was stressful in itself as well as the overbearing management. Problems were often not taken care of and management definitely enjoyed to pick favorites.
Account Executive
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 4, 2017
You learn a lot in the first couple weeks of being in a bank environment. I've learned the computer system pretty well. Management is good to work for, help you whatever you need. The workplace culture is nice, a lot of people my age in the office. The hardest part of my job is never knowing what kind of customer you're going to get or their specific situation may it be a loss in the family or a long term hardship they are going through. You really have to put yourself in the customer's shoes of what they may be going through. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to people all over the US, some people are quite interesting and make me laugh.
Great Place
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAApril 3, 2017
Worked here for 8 years and I loved my job, the job was easy and I was able to move up fast. We were always learning new things and the management was easy to get along with
Terrible Job Security - You Feel Like a Pawn in Chess
LAN Administrator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 30, 2017
We were overworked and understaffed. Then most of the IT staff for North America was let go without any warning. They decided to support everything remotely from India.
Pros
A lot of good IT staff to work with
Cons
Job Security
Great place for those with sales experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 29, 2017
Fast pace environment with opportunity to change departments. Good for those who have sales experience or that type of personality. Co-workers and management is all typically on the same page. Many shifts to work with all schedules.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firstsource Careers. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval