Firstsource Careers Employee Reviews

Felt Like Home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 6, 2017
First Source is actually the first call center that molded me into the great rep that i am now, they have great training and it's not all about being knowledgeable w/ the companies products/services. they actually teach you how to speak to every type of person possible and adjust/adapt to all kinds of situations.
Get in Where you fit in.
Bad Debt Medical Collector (Former Employee) –  Belleville, IL 62223August 6, 2017
FirstSource Financial has had many name changes. The leadership changes made decision to satisfy the new owners and didn't recognize good work efforts.
Pros
Having a job.
Cons
Not American Owned
Great Incentive
Customer Service (Bank) (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 2, 2017
This was a great call center position. I had very extensive training and led me to be succesful out on the sales floor. My customer service skills improved greatly!
fun enviroment
Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  ,South Bend, INAugust 2, 2017
Did deposits daily for numerous companies. Counted cash tickets for other banks that requested. Learned how to count large amounts of cash quickly. Management was great. Hardest part was sitting at a desk in a cell block when counting the deposits.
Pros
Alot of good people I worked with
Cons
There were none, just found a better paying job.
Does not care about employees at all
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2017
Very poor management team who could care less about their employees. They give unfair raises no bonuses for all the hard work the employees do for this company.
Pros
Cons
Not a trust worthy company
It was great when I worked there.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Doral, FL 33166July 29, 2017
It's been a long time but years ago it was a company I was proud to be apart of. My managers were great always helped me with anything. I had no collecting experience prior and they trained me well.
worst place I have ever worked
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 28, 2017
They ensure that you can't bonus. If you are, they come up with a way to doc you for something so that you no longer qualify. This company literally sucks the life out of you. I have never said anything so terrible about a company until I worked there.
Pros
Co-workers were great!
Cons
Just about everything. Awful place to work
Standard Collections
COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 28, 2017
Very cutthroat and stressful environment. Most of the time calling people manually, but there is a required number of calls per day, and goals for amount collected.
Pros
Set own hours, fair pay
Cons
Call center
Was a great place to work for a very long time...
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 27, 2017
It was a very competitive and high-paying agency for a long time. Through the years the bonus checks continued to decrease and it seems the workload and responsibilities increased.
Pros
You write your own schedule
Cons
Alot of nepitism
Good place to work and advance
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 26, 2017
Good place to work and advance, scheduling is flexible, money is good and can be GREAT, most people are decent to work with, others have a complaining issue. Would recommend to work there
Pros
Scheduling, money, training
Cons
Goals can be hard to manage

Want to know more about Firstsource Careers?

Ask a question
Fun place to work at but the hours are not enough
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 24, 2017
It is a nice place to work at, good people they socialize with new people! Sometimes they make people work too much but don't pay people with the hours they worked!
Not for me
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toano, VAJuly 22, 2017
Certain days were great others, not so much. This particular position didn't pay very well and offered no room for advancement. The company was not so diverse with minorities unless you worked in the warehouse. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Free candy and free lunches once a month
Cons
Pay
Overall poor company
Account Management/Sales (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 19, 2017
- Come to work, sit down, take phone calls back to back, take breaks and lunch.

- How to maintain your composure under highly stressful situations.

- Not very friendly, couldn't care less attitudes.

- Poor.. just poor, sorry. Not very clean or organized.

- Not wanting to leave because "wow, this can't be my life.." thoughts popping in your head all the time.

- leaving at the end of the day.
Pros
leaving at the end of the day
Cons
it not being time to leave yet
learned alot about medicare
Call Center intake representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 18, 2017
typical day was taking all in coming calls for Kaiser Permanante, management was not always available, workplace and was easy going, hardest part of the job was learning 12 different systems, getting to talk to elderly people
The worst company I've ever worked for
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYJuly 15, 2017
I worked here for three years before I got out. If you want to work for a company who really doesn't care for its employees and exploits them at every turn then this is the place for you.
Pros
Some good co-workers and some people like keying
Cons
everything else
Very Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80918July 15, 2017
This is not a job for the weak at heart. It can be very stressful and emotional. They say don't take it personally but it is difficult when you hear some of the stories.
Pros
Free snacks once a week
Cons
Stressful
Fraud Detection Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 14, 2017
I really liked working here. I finally was able to use my education for something. The downside was that our upper management committed fraud, and lost the contract with Barclay Card. This caused the entire call center to get shut down for awhile.
Don't work here!!! It looks too good to be true at first--- and it is!
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Fort Scott, KSJune 25, 2017
I have enough evidence to sue this corporation for paying me less than the hourly wage I was hired at! The overtime requests are excessive, ridiculous, always at the last minute, and the management is only focused on making their own monthly bonuses based on how hard they work the minions like myself. There is no profit sharing and this multi-million dollar international corporation only continues to cut the pay of their bottom tier workers and drive morale straight to into the dirt.
High school
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80919June 24, 2017
The job was like going into high school and it didn't train people well. A very sink and swim kind of job. Now back to the high school part. It is filled with people that are seeking for attention and managers that shouldn't have been managers. Liars willing to backstab others just to make sure they keep there jobs.
Claims
Claims Expert (Former Employee) –  louisvilleJune 23, 2017
This position was not labeled as temporary, it was disguised as a wonderful place to work with great opportunities. In reality, it was going under in a matter of six months and we were only hired to clean up the mess before shut down was complete.
Pros
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firstsource Careers. Our community is ready to answer.