FIS Global Employee Reviews

Good technical experience with good management to back up
Sr.Unix Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 20, 2017
Its a great place to work with tremendous knowledge across all platforms and its good atmosphere.The manager is very co-operative and tremendous support from all co-workers.
Not Good for Long Term
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 14, 2017
First off the best thing I can say about them is the benefits... and also they have a lot of little stuff they do to promote moral. Like free food and contest.
They have terrible turnover. They hire a lot of people at once most of the time because they know they will lose people. Its an uncomfortable environment for someone who has children or family because they have a STRICT no cell phone policy. Its not allowed on or in the billing or they will fire you on the spot if they catch you. They play favoritism with the shifts. Once you are on a shift if they aren't buddy buddy with you there's no changing it. The absence and tardy policy is a joke. Even if you have a doctors note it still goes against you as an occurrence which you have like four till you get a write up. They do way to much and let it get way to loud in the building when you are suppose to be ON THE PHONE!!! The department I was in was for Mercedes Benz and Verizon. The commission standard was a joke... It was absolutely impossible and unfair especially during the slow months. These people will literally hire just about anyone so don't feel special. There is barely room for advancement. You have to be there a year before you can advance or apply for any other department.
Great work envirorment
BSA/AML Compliance Analyst (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 10, 2017
The culture is very layback. Very good work/life balance. People are friendly and willing to help at all times. Free breakfast every last Friday of the month. Very organized management.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
can't think of one.
Worst Job Ever
Inbound Customer Service Associate-PPDS (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 9, 2017
If you are not ready to dedicate at least 120 hrs a week to this job do not do it. The calls are back to back, management sucks. The lay offs are horrible.
Pros
PAY
Cons
NO FREE TIME AT ALL!
Mandatory ot ruins personal life managment sucks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Well I started FIS in early November of 2016 and ended my employment there February of 2017 first things first they you have to do mandatory 10 hours a week and if you don't put them in on time by the upcoming Friday they will MANDATE you 10hours on your day off they don't care about doctors notes and don't get me wrong the OT can be nice but if you don't mind being drained at work all day then hey the turnover rate here is impeccable I wish I would've have been warned management has nothing better else to do but walk around and poke at you about what you're doing wrong the pay was lovely I can say but I don't care how much the pay is my experience was horrible I walked out and never came back I tried to stick it out but couldn't. Left with out guarantee of being employed somewhere else that's how bad it was.
Pros
PAY, Benefits
Cons
Everything but pay and benefits
Long hour strict attendence and shift bid every six months.
Escalation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 8, 2017
I did not like working for this company for several reasons. This company provided me with the extensive problem resolution skills I needed to be successful in my role as a manager. The hardest part about the job was knowing the your shift can change and possible not work for your schedule every six months.
Horrible
Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 7, 2017
This place is micro managed. The employees talk back to the management staff. Very high school drama atmosphere. I would recommend staying away from this place. Prejudice and morally unjust managers and upper management.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Huge turnover. Horrible managment.
Productive and good place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoyed working there and it gave me chance to grow. Supervisors was helpful and the training class showed the way. Shifts was flexible. Always overtime you could work to make extra cash.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Pettiness among workers
Good Place to work at
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 5, 2017
I'm happy with my experience with FIS Global so Far. I learned a lot and I learned a lot things about banking and financial world. I think I have huge experience would make me confidant to move and work with any financial institution in untied state.
Pros
Free coffee and water
Cons
good health insurance
Worst place I have ever worked.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, flaFebruary 2, 2017
Horrible management. Expect to work 20 hours a day. Your expected to complete projects under unrealistic time frames and if you don't meet them, your written up.
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
No no no
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72212February 1, 2017
They treat their employees like slaves. Stay away please. It is not worth the headache. They are always looking for the negative and do not promote positive energy.
Good company, but room for improvement
Intern (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIJanuary 30, 2017
Manager was a hoot, always had your back. The job I ended up doing was not at all what I expected based on the job description. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of responsibility that I was given. I learned a lot while I was there and would gladly go back to my former team if the occasion presented itself.

As a company I was not impressed with all the red tape surrounding my possible transition from Intern to full time employee. This is an area where they may want to work on smoothing out the rough edges. Also, there were no benefits for Interns, and the pay was very little compared to similar jobs at other companies.

They try hard to promote a sense of community and togetherness, at least at the location were I worked. Other locations did other activities and sometimes did them better, but the sentiment was still there.

The Intern program was done well. I heard that it had been done better in the past and that some of the perks were missing when I went through it. I was satisfied with the experience as it was, but once aware would have loved to have been able to take part in some of the previous year's activities.

In my department there was talk of some programs coming down the pipeline that would make a stronger team and a better working environment. Again, I'm sorry that I won't get to see that either.

Like I said, it's a good company with room for improvement, but it seems like they already know that and are taking steps to make positive changes.
Pros
Fun team. Learned a lot.
Cons
Low pay compared to similar jobs at other companies, and no benefits for Interns.
A good job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 26, 2017
I spent many years with this company. Overall a good company. Many good people here. I watched the company grow from a small business to a multi billion dollar company.
Productive, Fun Place, Very Good Teamwork, With Foosball Table.
Fraud Services II (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 24, 2017
My department takes calls from card holders and financial institutions reporting lost, stolen, compromised, and/or cards that are not working correctly. We also receive emails and faxed from the financial institutions that need us to add cards to the Master Card And Visa warning bulletin. We receive rules that we need to posted and alerts. I've learned a lot about banks, debit cards, different services between the banks and there processors. At this particular job team work is a must. As we come across different task to do throughout the day whenever we run across a bump in the road we help each other out. I would say the hardest part of the job is when I get a call from a card holder that has a problem that I am unable to fix because it has to be done by their bank not Our department. Generally when it happens the bank is closed and the card holder is stranded or need the problem resolved for a emergency. However, I the part that I really enjoy is when the cardholders are very appreciative once we are done. They make me feel like I have really done something to help them out. I have even had people call my managers to tell them how good I did. when my manger told me what happened she explained how extremely rare that is and to keep up the good work!
Pros
Team environment, there is always something to learn, always something to do
Cons
It has nothing to do with what I have learned at school.
Very good company to work for
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 17, 2017
The management team is open to new ideas and suggestions. The company is very flexible with project locations. The company has ongoing training at all time
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
stepping stone
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 14, 2017
very productive job with a great amount of learning experience for an employee with hardly any customer service or finance experience, highly recommend.
Professional work environment
FIS Quality Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Professional environment, great co-workers and opportunities for advancement. Clean, professional, lots of activities through the year. Cafe, and free coffee.
Productive, learned many data system operations.
Data Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Deptford, NJJanuary 11, 2017
Very busy, heavy communications with clients, making sure deadlines are met. Learned management skills. Loved client communication. Trained by computer programmers. So Many data operations I learned through the years.
Pros
Learning the many different secured data operations that are global.
Cons
Chose to ignore the unhappy employees, that helped them go global..
productive and fun company
Systems Operation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2017
24 hour shop with constant work. Very limited staff and long hours are required. Releases go in on the weekends. This is a financial company
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
N/A
Demanding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJanuary 6, 2017
Very demanding little training sort of left holding the bag in some cases. Had an emergency with my child came back to work with Er visit papers and was Written Up!! Hated this job they work you and could care less about you, your family or bathroom breaks. Always stated they were monitoring your calls but never wanted to de escalate a Escalated call.
Pros
Employee incentives and paid time off
Cons
Call center environment, demanding, excessive write ups or penalties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FIS Global. Our community is ready to answer.

78%