FIS Global

FIS Global Employer Reviews

Always fearing for your job or the next reduction in force.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 21, 2015
What else can i say, after 3 years and several layoff the number one company in technology is last in communication. I had 3 managers in 3 years and the company is still "going through changes" its very frustrating and unnerving to work in this environment. I would not recommend anyone to work for this company. Looks good on the outside, inside is another story.
Constant and Dependable
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), Northport, ALJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: overtime is bountiful
Cons: your schdule is set
A typical day would be answering calls about account issues. I learned how to deal with irate customers on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was that you were usually dealing with issues and the customer was not pleasant. The most enjoyable part was being able to help a customer and they are satisfied with your help.
FIS was a great job
Card Production Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: only had to work 3 days
Cons: had to work nights
I am unable to say to much about this job due to security reasons
Large well organized leading financial services firm
Product Line Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Given the large size of the company, once employed there are unlimited opportunities to take your career in different directions. The compensation is more than fair but it comes along with the expectation that commitment to the company and it's goals will sometimes require personal sacrifice in the form of extra hours and or weekend work. In general this is not considered a trial, as the burden is shared by many and done in mostly good humor with great mutual respect between coworkers.
typical big corporation
Fraud associate 1 (Former Employee), St petersburg FLDecember 21, 2014
Pros: benefits, coworkers
Cons: management, constantly changing procedures, personnel and upper management, mandatory ot
The best parts of this job are the people you work with and the benefits start right away. Its a call center environment and I averaged about 90 inbound calls a day. The job title is fraud associate and the idea is suppose to be fraud prevention and protection but the guidelines that they set for you are customer service orientated and they place to many restraints on you when it comes to verifying security if you think the call is suspicious your not allowed to ask any probing questions with out getting permission first. Some of the management is good but for the most part they don't care about you, to them you are just another cog in the machine and are easily replaceable. I was given 2 months to improve my QA, during these 2 months they were constantly changing the procedures and security verifications and scripts giving us usually one email and a week to adjust before they penalize you for it. I would come in from my day off and procedures would change would change majorly and they would expect you to adjust immediately with little explanation on what actually had changed. My team leads and senior reps were awesome, but the over seeing manager dragged his feet on everything and would take up to a month and sometimes longer to get back to you on anything. He was more concerned with taking smoke breaks and talking to other managers. I would have to walk past his desk to see if he was even at work. He was never out on the floor with his team. This company does not care for their employees and they are easily replaceable. I was terminated 6 days before Christmas effective immediately – more... with no warning even though my manager often told me that I worked hard and as long as I showed improvement my job would be safe. They give you paid sick days but if you take them they give you a couple of verbal warning then they write you up. They are intense with their documentation for everything so they can avoid paying unemployment when they dismiss you I worked overtime when ever I could and when the asked. In the end though most of the time it was mandatory. The benefits are really good and if you get a good manager that will stick up for you could go far but the chances of that happening in this company are slim. – less
Fast pace and very long hours.
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 14, 2014
A typical day at work would be coming in checking emails then clocking it and start answering calls for customers. I learned how to deal with customers who were angry or violent, I also learned how to work with many different computer programs. Management was very hard to deal with becuase everything was done through computer systems but my supervisor was very helpful and understanding. My co-workers were nice but they werent people that I would be around 24/7. The hardest part of the job was working almost 6 days a week and 12 hour shifts everyday dealing with rude callers. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to work different systems and how to work the phones.
This company needs 0 Stars
ebanking (Former Employee), little rock, arNovember 30, 2014
Pros: close to hme
Cons: read my review
Typical day: Go in, hope your computer and ancient phones would work... Sign in and before you could take a breath start taking calls.. Oh, and realize you are anywhere between 1-2 hours late because they changed your schedule AGAIN without letting you know or on your off days.. 15 minute break that was more like 5 because you had to walk so far away from the building... 30 minute lunch .. by that point your manager finally shows up but (like you) knows practically nothing due to the severally lacking training... You're lucky if you can find someone to help you anyway...

What I learned: Nothing I didn't already know.. at most times I was having to dumb down my terminology for others to understand me...

Management: As nice as they were they knew less than us pawns on the phones...

Co-Workers: They were cool.. Its a typical call center so everyone was very stressed out because this place effected their outside lives no matter how well they tried to keep it separate...

Hardest part: Self-Training. I pretty much had to go online and find my own manuals

Side Notes: The changes this company made were ridiculous, last minute and without concern to their employees.. This is a multi-billion dollar company that started to cut wages and play with employees time.... DO NOT APPLY OR WORK HERE
Communications (Current Employee), FLNovember 30, 2014
FIS is undergoing a massive reorganization to align many lines of business that were acquired in various mergers. Salaries, job titles, advancement, etc. are virtually frozen during this process, along with sporadic layoffs, which has become very frustrating for current employees.
Sr. Business System Analyst (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNNovember 23, 2014
Pros: great company to work
Cons: minnesota weather
• Conduct business and system analysis
• Lead software and process design changes
• Manage feature scope
• Develop an in-depth insight into the issues and data challenges of client’s organization
• Provide expertise on the systems limitations/capabilities as they relate to the business goals
• Act as a technical liaison between the technology department and the business customers
Worst Job Ever!
csr (Former Employee), tuscaloosaNovember 22, 2014
Cons: short breaks, getting cursed out, hostility in the environment
They claim to car so much about you, but in reality they do not. They only want you to sit there and get cursed out and help fraudsters steal money from hardworking people and expect you to be okay with it! i would never recommend to anybody ever in my life. The hours sucked, the pay wasnt enough for what you deal with, and the place was like a prison. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!
Compensation well for a contract position
Compliance Analyst II (USAA Contractor) (Former Employee), FIS Global Mark Shaw as ContractorNovember 13, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: short contract
Contract Ended, but went well rated 4 enjoyable
Overall rating is a 3
Compensation rating is a 5

Overall rating company has good values, but contract
Job Security was only a contract
Management was very urgent
Job culture was very high expectations in a short time frame

Overall rating is
Client Delivery Services Analyst - Team Lead (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2014
Pros: large ranger of parts that make up fis
Cons: management the company is to big..
Daily work schedule is based on a fast paced wide spread work environment which causes lack of advancement.
Looking for a career
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 7, 2014
It was a great starting point but I want a job with a company I can build a career with.
Can be fun at times but more difficult the rest of the time
Checks Escalations (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 6, 2014
Pros: on-site cafe, vending machines that accepts debit/credit cards, microwaves, refrigerators.
Cons: too much micro-managing, favoritism, pay not enough for the considerable constant changes and difficulty with our customers.
In the short time that I've worked at FIS, I have grown to learn more about assisting customers from a call center perspective than simply speaking to them face-to-face. Overall, the work is fun and do-able however, because of the nature of the job description, it can become very difficult and overwhelming most of the time. What has kept people there is that we generally love who we work with but what can easily change someone's mind would be the constant changes in the department.
Constant Change
Abay Coordinator/ Credit Line Trainer (Current Employee), St. Petersburg FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: working with new hires and making a difference
Cons: appreciation is not shown to employees
Multi-tasking
Work directly with leadership
Constantly changing environment
Hardest part is dealing with inconsistency within the call center
Most enjoyable part working with the agents
Busy and fun work environment.
Collections Associate (Current Employee), Northport, ALOctober 30, 2014
Most days at work are very busy. I've learned to expand my skills of multi-task and customer service. Overall management was good. Most co-workers were reliable and helpful. The most enjoyable part working here is being able to assist many people with resolving their particular debt.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), little rockOctober 29, 2014
Pros: pot lucks
Cons: customers
a typical day at work was stressful and frustrating. I learned that there is unfair treatment at every job. I had some cool co workers but of course no time to socialize because you stayed busy working. Management mine was ok but some where not. The most enjoyable part about the job was going home.
like a prison
Account Representative (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 22, 2014
did like this job at all. did not like the hours or management
My typical day
Senior Unified Communications Engineer - VoIP (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: telecommute
Cons: not stable
My day as a Sr Engineer is putting out "fires". The most difficult issues and large scale deployments come to me. This includes training and design work also.

I am a telecommuter - so I work from home ( good thing ) but that also allows you to work 24 hours a day which sometimes happens.
Worst employer I have ever worked for. No direction or training provided, no portal offered for training, very, very unprofessional work environment.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: impossible to work for, little direction, no training provided, unprofessional work environment
I worked for FIS for 3 weeks and 3 days and then I quit due a hostile work environment. Previously I worked for a large corporation for over 22 years and was very excited to work for a large corporation again. My manager provided me with little training/direction, didn't have basic manager 101 skills and consistently made me like I was inadequate. The department I worked in consistently talked about their customers, used inappropriate language and hazed you about leaving your computer unlocked. If you left your computer unlocked they would send a message to the SPOC in Arizona stating you have been warned and "pink ponies and rainbows" would follow. A very unprofessional work environment

1 2 3 4 5

About FIS Global

FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply – Read more

FIS Global Photos