Fischer Homes Employee Reviews

Stressful with Poor Management
Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 17, 2018
They sell this company to you as an AMAZING place to work. You get in and they change everything they tell you. They say that they compensation is 100k+. Unless you are a longtimer you are not going to make anything more than your draw of 36k a year. Management is not consistent. You do not have their support either. They expect you to work all days off and they sell that you get 2 weeks paid time off. However, you are 100% commission based and basically are taking two weeks of unpaid leave.
Pros
Events
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Compensation, and No PTO time
Excellent for Hard Workers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYJanuary 16, 2018
Fischer Homes' culture is second to none. With that being said, it takes someone with a lot of internal drive to succeed. No one there is just getting through the day. It is a fast paced and quickly changing environment. Come ready to work!
Pros
Culture, Benefits
Cons
HR Department runs everything
Negative workplace culture
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 22, 2017
Don't take the job...there is nothing about this company that is genuine. They do not value their employees, their pay scale is nearly impossible to reach. You are always in your draw and owing the company. The company will not invest in the proper land to develop new communities in a timely manor so there is product to sell. The sales associates are hounded and shopped regularly and the gal in charge of the program to "teach" the sales associates how to do their job properly have never been a sales associate! Awful company to work for!! If you are into adultery, you will fit right in!!
Productive workplace
Framing Contractor/Vendor (Current Employee) –  20 subdivisionsOctober 31, 2017
Overall good company to work for,good management, fast pace framing schedule,enjoyable to work with managers,learned a lot how to run a schedule system from lot to finish product.hardest part was going back in and covering service calls to homeowners trying to something for free.Fischer homes staff was always treating me fair and like family but still a boss
Pros
Treated me like family, steady workplace
Cons
Slow pay on extras, Slow pay on cost of living increases
Great people, bad advancement opportunities
Purchasing/Estimating Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 30, 2017
The office has a very friendly and open atmosphere. Managers are very personable and reasonable. Estimating was tedious and unexciting at times, but the office made up for that.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Lacking in good career paths
Great Leadership
Sales Counselor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43235September 25, 2017
Management genuinely cares about the associates and sales counselors. The culture is second to none, and every day is enjoyable. Since selling homes comes and goes in waves, it is stressful. Management does all that they can to support everyone. Communication across the company is excellent.
Pros
Cons
Inconsistent
Georgia - Residential Construction Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2017
Great product for what you get. Good people to work with.You will like the designs and the challenges. Great floor plans that everyone loves. Stop by and check out one of the models.
Great People
Not Disclosed (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2017
Everyone is kind and friendly and very helpful. The team tries very hard to make everyone feel appreciated.

Autonomy in most departments once you understand your job description.

Some department Managers stronger than others.

Old Processes but great company culture.

No room for advancement.

Management jobs are assigned and not posted internally or externally.

Performance Reviews Performed on truck tailgate within hearing distance of of other employees and trad partners 3 consecutive years in a row.

Home Show Schedule is no fun. They make you volunteer. Volunteer time is mandatory, volunteer time is assigned by management, its not horrible, but could be better
Pros
Good Pay, good people, good product
Cons
Favoritism and Bias are obvious
great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2016
minimum advancement opportunities, great company and culture but unwilling to conform to different regions they build in everything is centrally done out of kentucky
Pros
exellent environmentment
Cons
no advancement
Not a bad job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYApril 6, 2016
Typical day involved basic scanning and data entry. When I worked they were going through a corporate office move and I assisted with the data and file transfer.
Lots of Freedom to run your own business
New Home Sales Counselor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2016
Your day is what you make of it. There can be as little or as much down time as you deem necessary; as long as your performing.
My co-workers are what has kept me here and are my only hesitation for looking elsewhere. They are very friendly and helpful to those new to the industry.
I have learned a great deal for my future; not just about sales, but about building a home, obtaining a mortgage, and managing my free-time by staying productive.
The hardest part of the job is accepting potential clients' dishonesty and concluding that your success is reliant on whether your time is being invested in a true prospect or dreamer.
Pros
Days start at 11
Cons
Work every weekend
Great
Assistant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Erlanger KyJanuary 26, 2016
This company is a sole proprietorship of a friend, it isnt hiring nor will it ever be hiring because it is me and the owner operating a small farm.
They try hard to be a good mix bringing fun to the workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 21, 2016
A very reputable strong foundation that will support you and stand behind what they are. Starting with Orientation, training, follow up, then support. Constant meetings keeping you onboard and up to date.!
Pros
dinners/outings
Cons
work weekends, long hours and evenings
Cared for both my mother and father
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 11, 2016
Every morning I made breakfast , then I would change their clothes, brush their teeth, and comb their hair. Around noon or 1pm I would make their lunch, sit down and talk with them while they ate. I would take them to any appointments they had, or just go for a ride if they didn't have any. I was the only employee, I cared for my parents, first my mother from 10/05 to 4/29/07, then my father became terminally ill in 06/08 to 4/06/10. The hardest part of my job was knowing that both my parents were dying and there was nothing I could do.
Boring Job
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYNovember 24, 2015
This place was a very boring place to work, they stuck you in front of a computer all day and rarely let you go on site. Overall this was not what i was looking to do the rest of my life.
Productive Workplace
Sales Counselor (Current Employee) –  WoodstockJune 24, 2015
I open and tour model homes with propsective buyers. Hardest part of this job is not having consistancy in the marketing plan & drive of traffic through this area.
Pros
Commission, flexible schedule
Cons
Drive, Commute
Exciting and stimulating work environment
Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Crestview Hills, KYJuly 22, 2014
Helping people build a dream home from scratch was extremely rewarding and hard work.
Pros
Seeing a project through to completion
Cons
Working every weekend
Fischer Homes is a residential home builder head quartered in Cincinnati OH.
PROJECT MANAGER / TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Crestview Hills, KYJuly 10, 2014
I was project manager there for 7 of the 11 years I worked. The first two years, I was help desk support, and the last two years I was help desk support.

I learned IT Project Management skills while employed there that I use everyday in my current job.
Pros
fun company
Cons
real estate market fluctuations cause several reduction in force.
Not a great place to work
Not Disclosed (Former Employee) –  Not DisclosedOctober 10, 2012
Very little support and no work/life balance. High turnover. Quality builder with attention to customer satisfaction but not employee satisfaction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fischer Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6