Fischer Homes Employee Reviews in United States

Lots of Freedom to run your own business
New Home Sales Counselor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2016
Your day is what you make of it. There can be as little or as much down time as you deem necessary; as long as your performing.
My co-workers are what has kept me here and are my only hesitation for looking elsewhere. They are very friendly and helpful to those new to the industry.
I have learned a great deal for my future; not just about sales, but about building a home, obtaining a mortgage, and managing my free-time by staying productive.
The hardest part of the job is accepting potential clients' dishonesty and concluding that your success is reliant on whether your time is being invested in a true prospect or dreamer.
Pros
Days start at 11
Cons
Work every weekend
Great
Assistant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Erlanger KyJanuary 26, 2016
This company is a sole proprietorship of a friend, it isnt hiring nor will it ever be hiring because it is me and the owner operating a small farm.
They try hard to be a good mix bringing fun to the workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 21, 2016
A very reputable strong foundation that will support you and stand behind what they are. Starting with Orientation, training, follow up, then support. Constant meetings keeping you onboard and up to date.!
Pros
dinners/outings
Cons
work weekends, long hours and evenings
Cared for both my mother and father
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 11, 2016
Every morning I made breakfast , then I would change their clothes, brush their teeth, and comb their hair. Around noon or 1pm I would make their lunch, sit down and talk with them while they ate. I would take them to any appointments they had, or just go for a ride if they didn't have any. I was the only employee, I cared for my parents, first my mother from 10/05 to 4/29/07, then my father became terminally ill in 06/08 to 4/06/10. The hardest part of my job was knowing that both my parents were dying and there was nothing I could do.
Boring Job
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYNovember 24, 2015
This place was a very boring place to work, they stuck you in front of a computer all day and rarely let you go on site. Overall this was not what i was looking to do the rest of my life.
Productive Workplace
Sales Counselor (Current Employee) –  WoodstockJune 24, 2015
I open and tour model homes with propsective buyers. Hardest part of this job is not having consistancy in the marketing plan & drive of traffic through this area.
Pros
Commission, flexible schedule
Cons
Drive, Commute
Exciting and stimulating work environment
Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Crestview Hills, KYJuly 22, 2014
Helping people build a dream home from scratch was extremely rewarding and hard work.
Pros
seeing a project through to completion
Cons
working every weekend
Fischer Homes is a residential home builder head quartered in Cincinnati OH.
PROJECT MANAGER / TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Crestview Hills, KYJuly 10, 2014
I was project manager there for 7 of the 11 years I worked. The first two years, I was help desk support, and the last two years I was help desk support.

I learned IT Project Management skills while employed there that I use everyday in my current job.
Pros
fun company
Cons
real estate market fluctuations cause several reduction in force.
Not a great place to work
Not Disclosed (Former Employee) –  Not DisclosedOctober 10, 2012
Very little support and no work/life balance. High turnover. Quality builder with attention to customer satisfaction but not employee satisfaction.