Fish & Richardson P.C. Employee Reviews

Productive, demanding, and highly stressful place to work.
Sr. Legal Secretary (IP) / Case Management (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 6, 2016
Fish & Richardson is a place that demands nothing less than the best. A normal work-day is fast paced with high expectations. You'll learn the essence of working under extreme pressure and the importance of time management in order to meet deadlines. It is a team environment; working closely with co-workers is a must. In my position, the most difficult part of the job is having to meet immediate deadlines that are set by international clients when there is a 13 to 14 hour time difference. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a client contacts you personally or sends a card saying "thank you" and gives recognition for the hard work and assistance.
Great employees and managers to work with.
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 12, 2015
Fast paced, work hard while having fun. Exposed to many facets of Human Resources. Allowed the opportunity to learn and grow.
Documents Review (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 4, 2015
Management is supportive, co-workers are nice, willing to help, to share . Very nice place to work.The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility.
Great company to work for
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 20, 2015
I loved the people that I worked for. The company has a great reputation and great benefits. I felt like I was a contributor to my team. As far as red tape, every company has it.
Productive work environment
Docketing Department Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 9, 2015
individual and group focused
Strengthened communication and organizational skills
Very strong attention to detail
Hardest part was focusing on a computer screen for several hours
Very quiet, clean and nice place to work.
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 5, 2015
I totally enjoyed my job at Fish & Richardson for the past 12 years. My boss was extremely nice and caring. He did not micro-manager if you needed help with anything he always had an open door policy. The only reason I am still not at Fish is because they outsourced the Financial Organization to their office in Minnesota. The majority of my co-workers were very nice and team players. I can honestly say I enjoyed coming to work every day, I knew exactly what was expected of me. I think the hardest part of the job is the end of each quarter trying to projected what money will be coming in and the hardest was the end of our fiscal year which is in December. Everyone is having a great time but in Accounts Receivable the pressure is on you to meet the CFO'S target.
Pros
Treated with respect, clean friendly environment
Cons
None that I can honestly think of
Good job environment with an emphasis on learning and competence.
Litigation Secretary (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAAugust 22, 2014
Fish encouraged the secretarial staff to become experts in Word, and I was close to taking the MOUS exam when I decided to look for work in San Francisco. I left Fish because the commute from San Francisco to Menlo Park became burdensome.
Good people to work with in a fast paced work environment.
Transfer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 14, 2014
In my department there are many quick turn-around projects as well as large long term projects. The supervisors are available to discuss workload strategy and there is great teamwork among the co-workers.
Pros
flexibility, open office policy, collegiate atmosphere
Cons
some lack of interdepartmental communication
Will learn a lot, but eventually burn out
Patent Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 30, 2014
Will learn a lot working wih the best and brightest in the field; however, the better you are the more likely it is for you to eventually burn out
Pros
Good benefits (vacation, 401k matching)
Cons
Long hours, very busy workload
Productive and forward thinking
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 25, 2014
Technologically advanced, supportive team, highly professional. Diverse and friendly environment. Supportive of advancement.
Great workplace
Office Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  houston, txAugust 26, 2013
Enjoyable environment with great attorneys to work with. Great location downtown
Excellent company. Was a pleasure to work for
Litigation Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 14, 2013
I thought I was going to retire with this company. It was an excellent atmosphere with wonderful coworkers and I was truly appreciated for the hard work that I provided. Unfortunately, in the Summer of 2012, the powers that be decided to restructure Fish's entire litigation support model, and I was among dozens of analysts and paralegals who were let go.
Legal Field
Litigation Case Managing Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 21, 2012
Advanced my skills in legal secreatial duties, gain valuable trial preparation skills, learned about patents, deposition prep, docket management, document management and more
Pros
excellent legal training
Cons
fast paced and not family friendly
Great people, great office.
Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 15, 2012
Everyone that I have interacted with at Fish were all great people. Co-workers are great, always helpful, no egos. All smart individuals.
Great place to work. Staff work long hours if needed but not many weekends.
Contract Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkMarch 14, 2012
The members of staff worked like a family and were very supportive in every stage of the project.
Pros
great work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fish & Richardson P.C.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3