Fish Window Cleaning

Fish Window Cleaning Employee Reviews

Clear expectations and basic office skills.
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), Littleton, COMay 19, 2015
Good management, self disciplined job being alone in office and managing time well to accomplish A/R, invoices, and billing, filling scanning, etc.
wow where to begin...
Window Technician (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 17, 2015
Cons: low pay, little reimbursement for gas
this company doesnt know how to treat their employees well at all. we arent paid a decent wage at all, barely better than fast food workers which isnt saying much. not reimbursed much for gas mileage because we use our cars for work the whole time. if you dont get all of the work done that day you get yelled at and could reprimanded for it too which is ridiculous. you cant control when some businesses will be open or not. expected to pick up slack for others and dont even get appreciated for it at all.
Fun company and people to work with
Temp/Part Time Shop Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Powell, TNFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: boss is very nice, very accommodating, staff is fun and easy to work with
Cons: not enough hours during the winter
Everyone gets along very well, each tries to help the other when and where they can. Management is easy to work with, communication is excellent.

My typical day includes talking with the technicians, office staff and the owner. Lots of laughter, easy going atmosphere.

The company places a lot of emphasis on work/life balance, we do not work weekends,and are off by 5pm during the week.
Great management and enjoyable public relations work
Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, caring employers and employees
Cons: some areas had the same person cleaning their windows for 10+ years
The owners are phenomenal individuals to work for. They truly care about their business and their employees. I would start my day in the office scheduling my sales route and following up of previous leads or quotes by phone. Then I would travel my route leaving a quote for window cleaning for every business along the way. Most would accept the quote, though some would turn me away. I learned how to overcome the objections to my leaving a quote, as it did not obligate the customer in any way. I learned to quote each business based on the type of glass the building had, how many floors were in the building, the traffic by road and customer traffic. The hardest part of the job was when there were routes where someone had been cleaning the windows there for years and the whole block was not willing to let him go. But any time I needed an employee to come to a job location, they were always prompt and made time to work things into their schedule.
Avoid if you want advancement, fun for the summer
window cleaner (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: easiest job youll have
Cons: no healthcare/benefits, youd make more as hourly than commission
Typical day at work consists of painstaking organization of work order routes, with zero consideration for miles between locations, size of jobs, or decency of customer. Expected to finish all work even when problems arise, with no chance of rescue. Rumors of new management running small operation like it is a corporate entity, but with no benefits. Handles employee concerns as trash. Employees tend to end up hardened and sour, but not from the difficult work. Hardest part of the job is dealing with management. Easiest part is being able to work alone for most of the time.
Good transitional job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 6, 2014
Pros: more free time
Cons: scattered work schedule
Working at Fish allowed me to have a lot more freedom as far as my work went. I was able to go to each of my stops, do the work, and go home. There was minimal contact necessary with management which was a nice change of pace. All my co-workers were fun to work with for the most part. The best part of the job, however, was the freedom, not having the feeling of someone over your shoulder constantly.
Wonderful boss and rewarding job
Window Washer/Sale Rep (Former Employee), Hales Corners, WINovember 22, 2014
Pros: sales bonus, make own hours
Cons: hard to work in cold/hot weather
-driving into the office to grab cleaning supplies and sales brochures. Driving around to commercial/residential spots to clean/canvas.
-how to work in sales/clean efficiently and quickly.
-wonderful management
-helpful co-workers
-cleaning in critical weather conditions
-making sales
Workplace is not in an office and changes every day.
Window technician (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIOctober 27, 2014
Pros: allows you to work at your own pace.
Cons: using your own transportation for many miles, unpredictable pay and hours, management communication between clients often lacking.
The people are great and gives you a good cardio workout. But be warned you will put many miles on your vehicle. It also takes about 2 weeks to get reimbursed for the gas you have to pay for now.
Managing Operations for Fish
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Stow, OHOctober 23, 2014
Pros: working with customers
Cons: poor ownership
On most days my job details involved directing all of the window cleaners on there designated assignments for the day and then off for my own assignment. This is a franchise and I worked directly below the owner. The hardest part of the job was never knowing when I would be home. The owner knew less about window cleaning and managing people then most. The thing I did however enjoy was the ability to work side by side with the window cleaners I trained myself.
Interesting job in meeting many business people during the day.
Salesman (Former Employee), Beloit, WIAugust 18, 2014
Pros: i could set my own schedule of what day & times to work.
Cons: low starting hourly wage, plus commission.
Did street bidding of businesses from Fort Atkinson, Wi to Rockford, Il, and Monroe, Wi to Harvard, IL. Gave written free estimates to businesses to clean their windows on regular basis. Did follow-up calling to see if the free estimate was good for their business..

Hardest part..getting in & out of the car frequently when businesses were located close to one another.

Enjoyable part--meeting new people each day and conversing with them about the product I was offering.

What I learned--that with the tight economy people are watching how they spend their money and how often.

Management --was fair in their guidelines and expectations, but starting hourly wage plus commission was very low.
Great people and great service
Operations Manager, Sales/Training Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 31, 2014
With every day being different, that meant there were always new challenges to overcome. All of the employees were great people to work with, and everyone the clients always felt comfortable having them come out to service their homes.
Fun place to work with a family balance from management.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), CincinnatiJune 19, 2014
Pros: independence, laid back atmosphere
Cons: being in the office with the boss a lot of days
I loved this position because it offered a lot of independence during the work day with out someone houvering over you. The owners are really nice people who actually care about their employees their pay scale is just not very competitive.
good for the job qualifications
cleaner (Former Employee), Spearfish, SDJune 4, 2014
Pros: pay, flexibility
Cons: can be difficult, not enjoyable
Can pay very well if one is willing to work hard. Days can be brutal but also there where many days that were easy and short. Basic qualifications and pays above minimum wage on average. Wouldn't make a career out of it but the very flexible hours and structure made it an ideal second job or one to pick up while in school.
n/a
Freelance graphic designer (Current Employee), n/aMay 30, 2014
I am a freelance designer for this company I don't actually work for them just with them on design projects.
Work independently with your own schedule.
Window Washer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 22, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: outside based on weather
Good management for questions and guidence. Able to work your own schedule so worked good when going to school. Job environment peaceful on your own.
This place sucked
Window Cleaner (Former Employee), Hesperia, CAApril 7, 2014
This place really really sucked! I mean really really sucked to work at.
very little support from management for sales and service teams.
Sales (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 19, 2014
Sales and service teams were not supported properly by management team. Only concerned with amount of sales. No benefits for associates. Very poor working enviroment.
Thankful
WINDOW WASHER (Former Employee), Hesperia, CAFebruary 22, 2014
Fish Window cleaning was a new experience for me, lots of hard work, love taking challenges, I enjoyed learning new methods of cleaning from a great engineered boss and owner of Fish Window Cleaning who is very talented and smart, I am thankful for him for even giving me the opportunity to work for him, overall, outstanding Organization.
Window cleaning franchise
Owner (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: service sold the company
Cons: high turnover with help
Fish was an easy business to grow but the maintaining of help was difficult.
Individual work, no real supervision
Field Technician (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: work alone without supervision (if you like that), flexible work schedule
Cons: when it's really hot/cold and you have to work outdoors
A typical day is going to businesses to clean their windows (i.e chick fil a, stores in strip centers). Most enjoyable part of the job would be the lack of supervision, since you have to go place to place and you work alone. Hardest part of job is working when it's hot/cold. Maybe also excessive bending down to clean bottom portion of windows, could be bad for your back over time.

1 2 3