Fish Window Cleaning Employee Reviews in United States

You get what you put in
Sales Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 18, 2016
Had to suck up to boss to get anywhere in the company. Must be proficient with work orders to make the most of your time and earnings.
Pros
work alone at your own pace
Cons
no benefits, no gas money
Franchise small business. Exciting place to work
Sales / Admin (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 26, 2015
Typical day for the Admin/Sales position. Open business when owner is not there. Collect messages and route appropriately. Collect mail and process accounts receivables. Market to prior and new clients.
For the sales part of the position I learned how to estimate for window cleaning in businesses and residential. Territory was from parts of San Jose to Redwood City.
Hardest part of the job was opening a new territory. Unless I had substantial business in that area, the clients I did get were not serviced. Maybe at a later date when new clients came on board. Scheduling and routing conflicted with efficiency, which resulted in loss of client.
Coworkers were a wonderful group of men who worked very hard.
The most enjoyable part of the job is always building the business and meeting new potential clients and making sure to follow up.
Pros
The owner brought in muffins on a weekly basis.
Cons
No benefits
productive company to work for, also they are very trusting of their employees
Window Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 7, 2016
This was a very fun job to work for and gave me a lot of experience in job/time management. This job required its employees to show up to the chandler office every morning to drop off invoices from the previous day and to pick up the new job invoices for the present day. The company trusted its employees to make sure the invoices were paid and the cash/payment collected and returned to the office. Also the owner was not with us at all during the day so it was up to the employees own determination and work ethic to get the job done according to the company standards.
Pros
worked by myself short days with decent pay
Cons
seniority was very active and was very rare to get a house job which paid more.
Great company to get your windows cleaned.
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 23, 2016
As a customer, you will probably be satisfied. While I worked here, I learned great communication skills, how to perform payroll, collections on accounts receivable, and much more. The most enjoyable part of the job was a feeling of satisfaction that came along when I was responsible for everything running smoothly. The hardest part of this job was being inside with no other co workers to interact with.
Pros
Free lunches, great learning experience.
Cons
No healthcare, no opportunity for advancement.
Not enough money or jobs
Window Cleaner (Former Employee) –  quincy, il.July 30, 2015
Not a set schedule riding all over town for 12 dollar jobs and no compensation of gas or work done. Management paid you by commission based on a weird system and was caught keeping money from employees.
Pros
Cons
everything
Was a good experience
Window cleaner, Sales (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARMarch 7, 2016
Got alot of sales experience with this job. Did alot of labor which can be stressful. Management was well, didnt have many co workers as i was the first employee hired after company opened. Learned alot being the first employee as far as getting a business going from the start, building clients, marketing, and so forth which i enjoyed the most. Hardest part was the labor
Great people to work with
Window Cleaner (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2016
I have been with this company for four years and I am a hard worker who is very punctual and all about getting the job done the way it needs to be done. This job is a great place to work with great management and decent pay and you make your own schedule.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
alot of driving around from place to place
worst place to work
window cleaner (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIMarch 29, 2016
Hated the job worst place to work if you're trying to make money. You use your own vehicle and don't get paid for mileage and get paid every two weeks with horrible pay
Pros
working by yourself
Cons
everything else
Avoid if you want advancement, fun for the summer
window cleaner (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 10, 2015
Typical day at work consists of painstaking organization of work order routes, with zero consideration for miles between locations, size of jobs, or decency of customer. Expected to finish all work even when problems arise, with no chance of rescue. Rumors of new management running small operation like it is a corporate entity, but with no benefits. Handles employee concerns as trash. Employees tend to end up hardened and sour, but not from the difficult work. Hardest part of the job is dealing with management. Easiest part is being able to work alone for most of the time.
Pros
easiest job youll have
Cons
no healthcare/benefits, youd make more as hourly than commission
get to create your own schedule and basically your own boss
Window Cleaner (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2016
A typical day at Fish Window cleaning is meet the boss on Monday morning to get the work for the week and get started on the work. one of the best things about the business is the fact that you can increase your work load and customer base. The best part of the job is the fact that you make your own schedule. The hardest part of the job is when the windows are extremely dirty.
Pros
lunch break anytime
Cons
breaks anytime
Needs improvement
Operations Manager Duties (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 19, 2016
Easy workplace but unstable work and low benefits. But, keeps workers really busy during summer season and is plenty of outside worjk
Pros
Plenty summer work
Cons
Low wages, low benefits
fun place on your on time.
cleaneer (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 5, 2016
typical day at work is working by yourself driving to different stores to clean there windows. Doing the jobs can get stressful depending on the windows.
Pros
you work by yourself and make your own time
Cons
drive your own car
Good work environment and opportunities
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 15, 2016
good work experience with opportunities to make a decent pay check. Management was straight forward and very accomidating for anything that may arise during employment.
Awesome Franchise to work for
Operations Manager, Window Cleaner, Sales (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 7, 2015
Great company to work for, highly recommended.

I learned how to communicate with my employees at a fantastic level where respect and honesty was key.

My professional skills blossomed with this franchise, being an operational manager taught me better communication a skills, how to speak to others on a whole different level. All basic office skills and quick books too.

Hardest part was cleaning the windows in 32degree and below weather, but always stood by my employees.

The most enjoyable and rewarding part f the job was when we were finished at the job and the owners/ customer were happy.
Pros
Seeing customers happy
Cons
cold weather
Great temp job
Window Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 20, 2015
This was a fun job working with/for great people. The only real drawback is that with window cleaning it's either feast of famine.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
no benefits
Not a bad transitional job
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Spring Branch, TXJuly 31, 2013
Working for Fish overall isn't a bad experience, it has it's ups and downs like every job. I personally feel that compensation for the type of work that is required should be a little better but it definitely surpasses that of the typical 'job' in the Houston area.
The freedom to handle your own workload for the day is really nice, you're not directly supervised by anyone and as long as you complete your work to the customers satisfaction, there are no problems from management. The management here have pretty good communication skills as far as conveying what needs to be done for the day.
I'm personally just looking to advance in the industry to a position that pays better and will expand my knowledge and experience in the industry.
Hard work, low pay, good work relationship with owner and other workers.
Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMarch 4, 2013
A typical day involved getting to work, picking up job assignments, and going to work sites. I learned to prioritize work according to location and profitability. I was, in effect, an outside contractor as Fish is a window cleaning franchise. Management consisted of the owner who had just started the business when I began to work there. He was fair and worked very hard at building the business. My co-workers came and went fairly frequently as the weekly compensation was not guaranteed. The hardest part of the job was not knowing how much you would earn from week to week. The most enjoyable part of the job was selling the service, which earned extra commissions and helping to grow a new business.
Pros
freedom to move around and schedule your day, ability to sell the service to new clients and thus to increase your compensation.
Cons
low pay, alot of travel between job sites.
Okay place to work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MISeptember 30, 2013
FIsh window cleaning has a lot of great employees and is a smaller business so it is more personal than larger companies. However, the management team is very biased and not professional. I enjoyed the freedom of the job; it was very independent and was not micro-managed, however, there is no room for career advancement, pay raise and they do not provide paid lunches nor any benefits. Overall I enjoyed working there, but it is not the type of job that will be long term.
Pros
independent-is not micro-managed
Cons
unpaid lunches, no career advancement, no benefits, biased management
fun job with lousy pay
window cleaner/sales (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 20, 2016
I worked for fish for two years. it was a fun job with good hours, but the owners have a habit of not paying workers for jobs completed.
un-professional
cleaner (Former Employee) –  florida, sunrise, ben muddFebruary 16, 2013
this is the worst experience in my life, very well set up for the owners of the franchise but the workers are expendable like a paper towel, use of your own vehicle without re-imbursement, no skilled trainees when you start, un-safe projects, an employer that crawls out behind a desk and begins a company without knowing what he is doing or how.
ripping of customers by sitting in parkinglot so they think they are paying ok according to time or way to low priced and you drive a lot paying for the gas and car yourself, this company is based for the owner and he takes 65% while you make more cost them him and do the work, half of the time you have to figure out the best route yourself because the owner is too lazy to give everyone a proper prepared route.
what a nightmare
no paid free days, none benefits at all...bad bad bad choice
Pros
work alone
Cons
too many to mention

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fish Window Cleaning. Our community is ready to answer.