Fisher-Price

Fisher-Price Employer Reviews

Good Stepping Stone Job
2D Animator (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYMarch 26, 2014
Pros: learning new skills, multiple responsibilities, small creative teams, beautiful friendly community
Cons: temp status, no benefits, no advancement opportunities, low pay
I loved my time at here, however advancement and job security is virtually impossible. I worked as a contracted temporary hourly employee. My first assignment lasted 6 months, 2nd 7 months, and my last was 10 months.
Good: I got to work in my specialty, and also got opportunities to learn new skills. My managers were very approachable and my co-workers – more... were helpful and worked well as a team. The location of the company is ideal, in a small family friendly village outside of Buffalo, and I was able to walk to work in very safe environment.
Not so good: The pay was enough to break even every month, but we did get overtime opportunities a few times a year. As a "temp" employee I hardly received any respect despite my 3 year tenure there, responsibilities on the project, as well as an MFA degree in my field. We sometimes had to fight for (and denied) recognition of our work that was sometimes created for the CFO of the company. Many times our suggestions and opinions were met with blank stares, and we were often assumed to be interns (despite some of us with graying hair). – less
Fun place where product integrity and employee happiness are a priority
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYMarch 19, 2014
Fisher-Price showed me what a large company that cares about its employees looks like. The facilities are top-notch and the products have high integrity.
Great Place Great Products
Anonymous (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYMarch 12, 2014
I miss working here. It was such a happy time for me. My colleagues were intelligent and hard working. Encouraged training, and career advancement.
Fun work place and good hours
Packaging Intern (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYOctober 21, 2013
Pros: good hours, good people
8-5 on days from Monday - Thursday and 8-1 on Fridays. There is an on campus lunch area (at East Aurora, NY campus)
Fun Place
Package Design Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 9, 2013
Very relaxed but Productive work atmosphere. Everyone is very down to earth and helpful.
Nice Work/Life Balance but advancement is limited
Promotional Planning Analyst (Current Employee), East Aurora New YorkAugust 16, 2013
Overall the company is a good company to work for but the Fisher-Price culture and values are slowly being taken over by Mattel's cut throat style. Advancement can be difficult at times.
Great Place to work. Respectful and professional, yet family-oriented
Customer Acctg (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYJuly 2, 2013
Pros: salary and benefits, vacation and personal time. open-door policy with mgmt.
Cons: difficult to advance in some cases because people do not leave unless they retire.
Customer accounting department is very respectful, professional and everyone works as a team, helping one another, when needed. Good interaction with other departments. Excellent benefits. Excellent department head who is a hands on mentor with an open-door policy.
A Great Place to Work
Engineering Intern/Baby Gear Team (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYJune 3, 2013
Pros: benefits (for full time) its a toy company
Cons: the free coffee, while free, tastes like it.
I loved working here. As an intern I was always busy doing testing or model building. I had actually problem solving to do and it was a blast for any young engineer. My co-workers were all good people, and everyone seemed to be in a good mood all the time. Perhaps it was the friendly work environment, or the free coffee, I'm not sure.
great place to work if you know someone
Logistics / Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: great food and toys
Cons: very divided staff
laid-off because i wouldn't sleep with boss
a very dark sub culture of wife swapping and key parties
sexual harassment runs wild and is covered up
highest ranking officers in company take advantage of underlings for sex and money
Consumer relations
Consumer relations (Current Employee), East Aurora, NYOctober 1, 2012
Pros: benifits and toy discounts
Cons: tethered to phones, office politics and politically correctness gone amuck
Little room for advancement. Too many queen bees. No job security. Way over politically correct. Social values shoved down your throat. Pay much less than comparable positions at other companies. Most salaries will still qualify you for food stamps in this dept.
Strong company with international recognition
Merchandising Representative (Current Employee), Mobile, ALJune 12, 2012
Pros: dependable
Cons: lack of advancement opprotunities
Very helpful and acknowledgable to the personal and professional life of the position.
Great
Consumer Relations Technical Support (Former Employee), South Wales, NYApril 12, 2012
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: seasonal
Great job, would work here again. Loved helping the customers over the phone like that. Got a great feeling of satisfaction
alot of demands on reps.
customer service (Former Employee), 14052February 11, 2012
Overall a good place to work alot of multitasking which would include packing toy samples for stores and consumers.

About Fisher-Price

Barbie is the platinum blonde in power at Mattel, the #1 toy maker in the world. Its products include Barbie and Polly Pocket – Read more