Fisher-Price Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to work
International Content Producer/Program Management (Current Employee) –  East Aurora, NYAugust 12, 2015
I enjoy coming to work everyday. I love what I do and I enjoy working with talented individuals. Its a friendly environment.
A once great company
Key Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYJune 24, 2015
Fisher-Price has been purchased by Mattel and the cororpate structure has changed. The company is downsizing and advancement is limited.
Pros
Family centric for time off and healthcare
Cons
low wages/salary - limited advancement
Loved culture, creative people everywhere!
Purchasing Representative (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYMay 14, 2015
From the factory floor to the corporate offices, it was all fun. We worked hard and enjoyed the trip! I was given the opportunity to learn new things & progress in responsibility.
Pros
Good People
A fun workplace with good people
Multiple Marketing Internships (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYJanuary 8, 2015
I worked here less than a year in multiple internships in marketing. It's Fisher-Price, it's fun and exciting. Good people throughout who are smart and dependable. Managers were great, but the company is top-heavy and everyone is a manager - the title doesn't mean much.
Pros
fun environment, friendly management, good pay for interns
Cons
moving jobs to ca, slow/low hiring in buffalo area, top heavy
Good people, good balance, poor job security
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYMay 5, 2014
Expect great people and flexibility for family and needs outside of work. Products are not cutting-edge, but quantities produced are very high. If the need arises, anyone is expendable.
Pros
people, location
Cons
poor job security, frequent leadership changes
Good Stepping Stone Job
2D Animator (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYMarch 26, 2014
I loved my time at here, however advancement and job security is virtually impossible. I worked as a contracted temporary hourly employee. My first assignment lasted 6 months, 2nd 7 months, and my last was 10 months.
Good: I got to work in my specialty, and also got opportunities to learn new skills. My managers were very approachable and my co-workers were helpful and worked well as a team. The location of the company is ideal, in a small family friendly village outside of Buffalo, and I was able to walk to work in very safe environment.
Not so good: The pay was enough to break even every month, but we did get overtime opportunities a few times a year. As a "temp" employee I hardly received any respect despite my 3 year tenure there, responsibilities on the project, as well as an MFA degree in my field. We sometimes had to fight for (and denied) recognition of our work that was sometimes created for the CFO of the company. Many times our suggestions and opinions were met with blank stares, and we were often assumed to be interns (despite some of us with graying hair).
Pros
learning new skills, multiple responsibilities, small creative teams, beautiful friendly community
Cons
temp status, no benefits, no advancement opportunities, low pay
Fun place where product integrity and employee happiness are a priority
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYMarch 19, 2014
Fisher-Price showed me what a large company that cares about its employees looks like. The facilities are top-notch and the products have high integrity.
Great Place Great Products
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYMarch 12, 2014
I miss working here. It was such a happy time for me. My colleagues were intelligent and hard working. Encouraged training, and career advancement.
Fun work place and good hours
Packaging Intern (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYOctober 21, 2013
8-5 on days from Monday - Thursday and 8-1 on Fridays. There is an on campus lunch area (at East Aurora, NY campus)
Pros
good hours, good people
Fun Place
Package Design Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2013
Very relaxed but Productive work atmosphere. Everyone is very down to earth and helpful.
Nice Work/Life Balance but advancement is limited
Promotional Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  East Aurora New YorkAugust 16, 2013
Overall the company is a good company to work for but the Fisher-Price culture and values are slowly being taken over by Mattel's cut throat style. Advancement can be difficult at times.
Great Place to work. Respectful and professional, yet family-oriented
Customer Acctg (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYJuly 2, 2013
Customer accounting department is very respectful, professional and everyone works as a team, helping one another, when needed. Good interaction with other departments. Excellent benefits. Excellent department head who is a hands on mentor with an open-door policy.
Pros
salary and benefits, vacation and personal time. open-door policy with mgmt.
Cons
difficult to advance in some cases because people do not leave unless they retire.
A Great Place to Work
Engineering Intern/Baby Gear Team (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYJune 3, 2013
I loved working here. As an intern I was always busy doing testing or model building. I had actually problem solving to do and it was a blast for any young engineer. My co-workers were all good people, and everyone seemed to be in a good mood all the time. Perhaps it was the friendly work environment, or the free coffee, I'm not sure.
Pros
benefits (for full time) its a toy company
Cons
the free coffee, while free, tastes like it.
great place to work if you know someone
Logistics / Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYJanuary 2, 2013
laid-off because i wouldn't sleep with boss
a very dark sub culture of wife swapping and key parties
sexual harassment runs wild and is covered up
highest ranking officers in company take advantage of underlings for sex and money
Pros
great food and toys
Cons
very divided staff
Consumer relations
Consumer relations (Current Employee) –  East Aurora, NYOctober 1, 2012
Little room for advancement. Too many queen bees. No job security. Way over politically correct. Social values shoved down your throat. Pay much less than comparable positions at other companies. Most salaries will still qualify you for food stamps in this dept.
Pros
benifits and toy discounts
Cons
tethered to phones, office politics and politically correctness gone amuck
Strong company with international recognition
Merchandising Representative (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 12, 2012
Very helpful and acknowledgable to the personal and professional life of the position.
Pros
dependable
Cons
lack of advancement opprotunities
Great
Consumer Relations Technical Support (Former Employee) –  South Wales, NYApril 12, 2012
Great job, would work here again. Loved helping the customers over the phone like that. Got a great feeling of satisfaction
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
seasonal
alot of demands on reps.
customer service (Former Employee) –  14052February 11, 2012
Overall a good place to work alot of multitasking which would include packing toy samples for stores and consumers.

4.2