FISHER INDUSTRIES Employee Reviews

HR Assistant/Safety Assistant
HR Assistant/Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 27, 2017
Fisher was a family owned and operated company. It had many layoffs due to and ebb and flow of business. The company was in trouble with the state and Federal government due to business practices. It was very stressful working there due to the layoff issues and the issues with the state.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Never knew if you had a job or not
When the jobs busy then your busy as long as the weather good. Fun place to work. Get decent hours at times.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 28, 2017
Works really good. Supervisors are good except some can be drama with attitudes. If the weather's good always expect good work week. Times we get alot of hours and sometimes just 40-48hrs per work week if good weather but slow work. Then if bad weather expect 02-40hrs a week which is peanuts paycheck. Hard to get raises or promotions. Be nice if employees could make suggestions to make work better place and more productive with their ideas. With my job not only could I do mine job but I could operate equipment at times, do mechanic work and help with the asphalt paving side of the operations etc. Loved working here doing what Im doing and loved the times we worked 70hrs+ a week. Hardest part of the job is no communication, then when there is communication you get a** chewing or attitudes and get the blame, nothing to do besides suck it up and keep doing ur job. Then paperwork ain't so bad as long as people don't start changing your own paperwork routine and sheets and change one sheet record into 4additional sheets for records. When you ask about wages you get I don't know answers but seems like family get higher wages and benefits of company vehicles and job title advancements.
Pros
Provided drinking water at times, short breaks, not the best but an ok management
Cons
No communication, drama/people with attitudes, hard to further advance career, rarely get raises or awards, no company activities for our project, low wages and excuses is how the States wage is
Rough work.
operator 9 (Former Employee) –  Placitas, NMSeptember 12, 2017
Not bad if you can keep up with the demands of the job and the politics. Too many of the employees drink to excess and it tends to roll over to the next day making an unsafe work enviroment.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Away from family and most employees drink entirly too much alcohol
Good to work for
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  New MexicoSeptember 10, 2017
Good company to work for, but was just the foreman I had. He was Mexican and he had a problem with native Americans. Overall the company was good to work for, got to travel alot and get an experience running the dozer in many ways possible.
Very poor communication between the two shop supervisors.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJuly 16, 2017
I worked at fisher for about three years, during that time I witnessed very poor management and a very large turn over rate. Mostly due to the fact that nobody would change from the old way of doing things to the 21st century, where employee's have rights and should not be judged by whether your supervisor likes you or not to keep your job.

No willingness to work with employees to retain them, you felt like just a number.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
benefits, appreciation air quality
Great Company
Parts Runner (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 22, 2017
Great small business office
Good group of people to work with on a day to day
Learned lots about billing and proper paperwork and how to act professionally
Great coworkers and supervisor
CDL B Truck Driver/ tanker endorsement (Former Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LAMarch 19, 2017
The company as a whole is a great company to work for. Able to put in long hours 7 days a week weather permitting. My superior was a great person to work for . He made the environment fun while also getting the project done. Ii was able to perform all kinds of tasks and was able to perform these tasks without micro management. Enjoyed the different task assigned to me. Upper management asked for me to add Hazmat endorsement to my CDl and the company would give me a descent raise. I agreed and attained the endorsement but upper management gave me more duties to perform but backed out on the raise.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Upper management not keeping their word
Productive Fast Paced Work Environment
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, ND 58601November 7, 2016
Operating was always a good job, I would like to work for fisher industries again. co workers were very helpful and supportive no matter what. management was strict but very understanding. hardest part of the job is tearing down the rock crushing plant and setting up at a new location.
Pros
great pay, friendly and nice co workers
Cons
always on the road
I loved my job!
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 20, 2016
Management was great until my manager wanted more than just to be my manager, he wanted nudie pictures of myself sent to him! Coworkers great couldn't ask for a better team and or crew to work with.
Pros
New equipment, great benifets.
Excellent work place enviroment.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NMMarch 29, 2016
I enjoyed working as an operator there. The company always kept me busy and let my run different equipment when there was a shortage of operators. I learned to plan ahead with new locations on the job site. My boss was always encouraging and telling how i could do things better with his past experience. All my coworkers were always there to help one another out. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with three crews i had to keep up with in different areas of the job. The most enjoyable part was running all the equipment.
Pros
always busy
Cons
the pay was a little low

Want to know more about FISHER INDUSTRIES?

Ask a question
easy going work enviroment
Labor/Operator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 27, 2016
Daily safety meeting, begin projects for the day. Carpentry skills, advanced operating skills. Crew and foreman were great to work with. jobs fairly simple. the comradery.
Positive hard working environment
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJanuary 25, 2016
I enjoyed the work, often times it was extremely tough physical work. the hardest part of the job was tearing down and setting up the rock crushing plant. My foreman was awesome to work with and very understanding. i wish i could go back but at this time i cannot. i enjoyed the fast pace of the work, it made the days fly by.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
lack of smoke breaks and no smoking in equipment
Good Company.
equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2015
I didnt have any complaints about this company, It was a good company with good co workers and a good environment. Overall a good job.
Nice place to work
Crusher Lead Man (Current Employee) –  Billings MTFebruary 17, 2015
Fisher is a good place to work. I learned some more management skills will working at Fisher. Over all nice place to work.
Very productive workplace.
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZSeptember 25, 2014
I helped with the directional flow of traffic. We had to stay alert at all times. Management was great. Very nice and professional people.
Excavation and grading
Operator (Former Employee) –  Placitas, NMAugust 2, 2014
Very good job locations and pay. i also like the hours on and off if traveling far from home.
Took this job to get me by
Pneumatic Roller Operator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 4, 2014
I learned from this job, at times you run solo. Operated pneumatic roller for this company. Hardest part of my job was not having the RIGHT asphalt releasing agent for my tires. Made it difficult.
Pros
got to work close to home
Cons
no team moral
Productive work place
Heavy Equipment Operator-Direct (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 22, 2014
Fisher was a great company to work for. Great pay and benefits.
nothing new and not changing with time
welder fitter (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJanuary 6, 2014
good company and benefits . nice heated shops. and great people
Very fast pace company with production being its main priority
Operator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 12, 2013
Fisher Industries was the best company I have worked for. I spent more time on the job than my own family. Fisher was all about taking care of their employees, not only with great pay but benefits as well. Our safety was one of Fishers main focuses. Daily safety meetings as well as annual MSHA and OSHA refreshers. One of my daily tasks was to be as productive as possible.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FISHER INDUSTRIES. Our community is ready to answer.