FISHER TITUS MEDICAL CENTER

FISHER TITUS MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews in United States

employee (Former Employee) –  workerOctober 16, 2015
Prior upper management would ride you especially if they did not like you. After several years with the company they decided they wanted to hire someone else so they faultsly accused me of doing something that I did not do. Was asked to leave or be fired. This upper manager drove out several of there good managers, that no longer work for FTMC. I have nothing good to say about the facility. Employees were great there and everyone worked extremely hard together. They even pushed out the prior President of the company.
A place full of experiences
Phlebotomist/ STNA (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHAugust 24, 2015
Pay was excellent.
My coworkers were a joy to work with for the most part.
Learning new and exciting this was an everyday thing.
Working at Fisher Titus Medical Center
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  NOrwalk, OhioJune 18, 2015
A typical day at work can range from posting and managing cash for all entities to preparing finanicals for 13 different enties, to working with various managers and administrative staff to prepared for new additions, doctors, and/or new practices or doctors coming to work at the medical center. As the Accounting Manager, my duties range from managing and preparing the physician practices monthly financials to preparing various reports (bond reports, quarterly financial reports to budgets and the annual audits). I have learned alot in my 7 plus years as the accounting manager here at the hospital and I continue to learn more every day from new regulations from Medicare and Medicaid to how the new affordable care act is affecting people in the community. I work with a great staff, there are three staff acountants that report directly to me and then there are two decsion support staff that I work with along with a staff of three in accounts payable. The team chemistry is wonderful, everyone works together to help achieve the goals that we have set for ourselves from getting the monthly financials done on time to preparing for the annual financial audit. The hardest part of my job is establishing and keeping the lines of communications open. Some information gets to myself and the department at the last minute and then we work to get things prepared with all the new information so that things can continue to run smoothly. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I work with. They are the best people I have had the opportunity to work with in my career from the  more... President of the hospital and the administrative staff to the doctors and the nurses. They are all great people, for me it is like working with a big happy family.  less
Pros
Great opportunities, continuing educational opportunities
Cons
breakdown in communication amongst different department
ED Tech
ED Tech (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHMarch 18, 2015
Stock emergency dept rooms with supplies, assist with direct and indirect patient care. Obtain 12 lead EKG. Transport pt to assigned floor rooms.
Pros
gained alot of experience
Cons
no position to be promoted to.
Super great staff and co workers
It Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHFebruary 6, 2015
Come in and get a daily meeting and what you might be able to help with or any problems that may have occurred the day before.
learned that problem and critical thinking with a brain trust is the best way to solve problems. Management was easy to get a long with and easy to ask questions and get answers, the best staff i ever worked with, nothing about the job was hard just getting proper training and your good to go. the staff was a breath of fresh air they don't treat out like a contractor but a fellow co worker.
Pros
great people and great work environment.
Cons
nope none.
A trama level 3 facility and expanding.
Access Utilization Review Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwalk,OhioJanuary 9, 2015
Community grounded hospital that is expanding to meet needs of local community. Provides high quality care, team oriented care. Management is changing with growth and improving. Environment friendly and supportive. The hardest part of job in Utilization review management was less evolvement in patient care. Obtaining insurance coverage for patient stay..
Lab manager's and some staff horrible
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, OHOctober 3, 2014
Pay is great management is horrible they have there favorites. Some people and make mistakes and not get in trouble while others can make the same mistake and get wrote up. Benefits for full time are great part time suck! They need to get rid of the poor managers they have/
Pros
pay, hours
Cons
favortisim, management, benefits
Great work place
Graduate Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  Mt Pleasant txOctober 1, 2014
Good place to work, great management. Worked hard but had many great exp
do not care about employes
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHSeptember 15, 2014
Management does not care about employees.
Employee loyalty means nothing.
Management is dishonest.
Fast paced environment with many learning oportunities
ED Secretary and Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHAugust 29, 2014
I learned so many skills to care for patients in an acute care setting. I managed stress in emergency situations. I effectively communicated with other departments and physicians.
This is a hospital that I would recommend.
Director of Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OhioOctober 9, 2013
Excellent hospital to work for. Management very helpful. Enjoyed experience with co-workers. Would recommend this place of employment.
Pros
many perks.
productive
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHAugust 17, 2013
Basically i was room service, I would deliever food to patients in the hospital. restock the 3 floors with food. I occasionally ran the cash register.
Pros
good insurance, good pay
Cons
drama with supervisors favoritism
Enjoyable workplace
Dietary Cook (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, OHAugust 14, 2013
prepare meals according to standards set by management and state and county health boards. Keep work area and equipment clean and sanitary at all times. package and store foods in accordance to health department laws. Work with co-workers to create a Team Effect
Pros
good pay with great benifit package
Cons
work/life balance, seniority has no meaning
Productive and great organization to be a part of.
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHJuly 29, 2013
Fisher Titus Medical Center is a state-of-the-art environment. Expectations for employees are high, and patient care is the number one priority of the organization. The hospital focuses on teamwork, and how everyone can work together to provide the best care possible. Fisher Titus Medical Center also focuses on community education, as they are motivated to help make a difference in many lives.
Family-oriented atmosphere
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHJuly 2, 2013
This hospital still manages to convey a warm and family-oriented feeling to its staff and the community. They are still financially very sound, even in the changing marketplace of where healthcare is heading. It was a wonderful work experience.
Pros
quarterly profit-sharing, great benefits
Cons
on call
Expected a lot for what they offered.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TXNovember 28, 2012
They wanted a lot, which I didn't mind doing, but they offered very little in return.
Very clean, professional, and compassionate facility
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHNovember 13, 2012
While working at Fisher Titus, I was also attending school to become a surgical technologist. The staff worked with me to allow me to be successful both at work and in the classroom. My only regret is that no one leaves Fisher Titus because it is such a wonderful place to work. Otherwise, I would have definitely sought employment at that facility if an opening would have existed.
Great facility
Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant (LPTA) (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHSeptember 5, 2012
Great place to get experience multiple areas of physical therapy. Excellent management and team atmosphere.
Pros
close to home