The Brand Marketing Specialist will lead the development of marketing and content initiatives in all channels and type to drive engagement with our targeted community. The Brand Marketing Lead will lead our efforts to build engines to drive our community funnel and conversion rates, including content development, PR, marketing program support and execution, and creative support.
Fishidy.com is a map-based, social network created for outdoorsmen and women to help them catch more fish and enjoy their outdoor experiences. The platform gives anglers the ability to keep detailed fishing logs and connect with waterways, other anglers and local businesses. Fishidy is an emerging startup company based in Madison, WI and we are quickly becoming one of the most trusted resources in the fishing industry and that means we're growing. We're looking for passionate, motivated individuals, who enjoy the outdoors, to join our growing team at Fishidy.com.
What makes us unique?
- Lean Startup operational philosophy
- Fast paced environment
- Emerging company with plenty of growth opportunities
- Agile development philosophy
- Collaborative environment
- We leverage some of coolest new technologies (MongoDB, GIS, Crowd Sourcing, Cloud Computing, Bootstrap)
- Business partnerships with some of the most high-powered and coolest brands in the outdoor industry
We offer a unique, entrepreneurial environment that offers competitive salaries and benefits.
- Responsible for web article & content creation. Translate analyst research into clear, engaging, actionable copy for website, PR and email marketing needs.
- Key message development
- Map out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short and long-term.
- Manage and develop the marketing automation strategy via nurture email campaigns and content.
- Implement content updates across company sites (Web, mobile, and social).
- Develop standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing.
- Promotional concepting and strategy
- Cause marketing and execution
- Establish best practices in tone, messaging, grammar, writing, and style.
- Initiate, write and distribute company communications content (including Press releases).
- Strategize and develop demand generation campaign and nurturing flow content.
- Manage social content strategy and development (Facebook, Twitter, blog and future platforms).
- Develop and manage website and mobile content.
- Ensure that content is fully leveragable across all available channels.
- Develop and execute a functional content editorial calendar.
- Manage internal and external content resources to deliver quality content pieces.
- Leverage market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support company strategy.
- Assess industry and competitive content trends for strategic opportunities.
- Developing creative briefs and working with design and technology teams
- Media relations and outreach
- Event Planning and strategy development
- At least 3+ years of online marketing experience in B2C, ideally in a social network environment.
- 3-4 years of experience in content management, corporate communications, content development and social media and/or digital marketing
- BA or BS degree in Journalism, Marketing Communications or related field required.
- Social media expertise with understanding of Twitter and Facebook for business, a history of participation in these sites and the ability to navigate CMS systems.
- Excellent PR, writing, copywriting and editorial skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and great attention to detail.
- Proven history of initiative, creativity and self-direction.
- Insatiable curiosity and strong desire to learn.
- Strong knowledge of digital media channels.
- Self-starter and self-leader, with impeccable follow-through.
- Deep background in customer acquisition strategies both online and offline.
- Excellent team player, with high comfort brainstorming in small and large groups.
- Must be comfortable in fast-paced environment with changing and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Proactive work ethic; can establish priorities and schedules to meet company goals.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment with quickly shifting priorities.
Indeed - 15 months ago
Fishidy.com was founded by hardcore anglers who love fishing, maps and technology. We came together with a common vision to create a...