Fishnet Security Employee Reviews

Dumpster Fire
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 27, 2016
I worked in the contracts department before the merger. Horrible management. My manager left on vacation a week after I started. Since it was before the merger and no one knew if they would have a job, I was left on the proverbial island. Upper management was clueless.
No more fishnet.
Nope (Former Employee) –  NopeSeptember 14, 2015
I"M RATING THIS COMPANY AS OPTIV, NOT FISHNET.

FishNet was a great place to work before they merged with Accuvant. Now all of the departments have Accuvant managers who treat their workers terrible. You work long hours, with low compensation, and no breaks. Before the Accuvant takeover, it was a wonderful company.

BEWARE!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no time for family, terrible management
Great place to start working in information security
Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KansasMay 19, 2015
Pros
Amazing local company to be a part of in KC. Those who believe and practice the company values succeed, and those who don't typically can't hang and weed themselves out. Lots of opportunities present themselves for people to go above and beyond their posted job descriptions.

Cons
Benefits are a bit expensive, but certainly not a con unique to FishNet. Explosive growth can lead to poor decisions made in haste, but at least folks are trying.

Advice to Management
Growing the bottom line and taking care of investors is important, but employees need to come first. Don't forget that in the face of exciting growth. A VAR is nothing without the knowledge and value-add that employees provide to clients.
Pros
Amazing local company to be a part of in KC
Cons
Benefits are a bit expensive, Explosive growth
Awful
IAM Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 3, 2014
I worked here after FNS bought the company I was working for. They promoted terrible managers, and disassembled a respectable IAM services provider. The company is probably great if you are in sales, but in delivery the perks are few, and you'll feel like a second hand member of the company. The offices, even the new ones, are low class, and cheap as the company can find (except maybe Chicago). Take my advice. If you are an IAM consultant, don't waste your time.
Pros
The high turnover makes opportunities for quick advancement
Cons
The company is cheap. No parties, no social events, most offices are vacant, so little comraderie.
Good workplace with plenty of room
Sales Engineer/Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 25, 2015
Everyone was extremely friendly, it was a sales office so people were moving in and out but it allowed for you to talk with different people throughout the day.
Good Work Place
Senior SIEM Consultant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 15, 2013
Good People great environment
Remote work
Great coworkers
Pros
Remote Work
Cons
Contract ended to soon

Want to know more about Fishnet Security?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fishnet Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7