FitValet resident fashion stylist
FitValet is looking for a resident fashion stylist to join our fun, progressive, rapidly growing company.
FitValet’s mission is to provide personal style recommendations to our customers better than anyone else. We’re bringing the high-touch, service oriented experience that once drove brick and mortar sales to online apparel. We know our customers, their measurements, and what they like to wear better than anyone else. We provide them personalized service, helping them look good in and feel great about clothes they buy online. In doing so, we’re curating an online shopping experience to sell clothes more effectively by delighting our customers while saving them time.
As a professional stylist, you are the expert at making women feel beautiful. Women often make apparel decisions based on the dress in the smallest size that they can fit into. By taking out the notion of size, women can focus on finding clothing that they love. With FitValet we eliminate this decision process and women can finally choose based on whether the dress itself reflects her personality and the personal style that she wants.
As our resident stylist you will be providing personal service to some of our thousands of online customers who have created profiles of their body shape and measurements. In addition, you will work directly with our engineering team on StyleLab, our internal product that aides stylists and retailers in recommending clothing to large groups of clients. Your expertise in how shoppers and stylists think about dresses will innovate the online shopping world to create an experience that shares the fun aspects of shopping in-store with the convenience of online.
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about the fashion industry and are up to date on the latest trends.
- You’re excited about fashion technology and have strong feelings about what’s wrong with online shopping today, ways that it could be improved, and are eager to help change the online shopping experience
- You have at least 1-2 years experience in the retail industry
- You care about fit and have experience recommending sizes and styles to shoppers specifically
- You’re interested in improving the online shopping experience, and understand the problem we’re trying to solve
- You’re personable and can effectively communicate your expertise to our team of engineers
- Personal shopping experience a plus. (personal shoppers understand women's body types/struggles/etc more than the average person)
- You have U.S. work authorization
- You live in the New York City area or are able to make the trip from time to time
How to apply:
Please take a look at the outfits featured on www.fitvalet.com. To apply, please send us an example of four outfits you’d put together, one for each of the following body shapes: pear, hourglass, rectangle, and apple. You don’t need to worry about formatting, for each outfit just send us links to each of the pieces you’d choose, and a short blurb describing the outfit similar to what you can already see on the site. If you’re feeling ambitious, feel free to make them on Polyvore and send us a link. In your application, please also include a resume and a link to any examples of Pinterest boards, Polyvore sets, fashion blogging, or other relevant work you’ve done. If you have an issue sending a link through the job posting, please let us know and we'll send you an email.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!