Fitness 19 Employee Reviews

Awesome
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 7, 2016
Great environment, never really leave with a "bad work day". Always something to do, never a boring day. Fun experience, extremely blessed to get to work here
Pros
Workout for free, flexible schedule, great people
Chill
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 4, 2016
This job was very minimal, I had very little hours and wasn't made to do much for this job. Pay wasn't very good but considering what I had to do for the job it is considerably not bad. I learned a new system and spoke to members abut their accounts . My co workers were okay and management was okay too.
Pros
free membership, chill, no pressure
Cons
boring, no opportunities to grow in the company
Healthy and Fun place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJuly 2, 2016
A typical day at fitness 19 consisted of meeting and speaking with dozens of new club members. I learned how to speak and communicate very thouroughly with people around me at fitness 19 whether it be a potential member or a co-worker. My co-workers were all very nice and fun people to work with. They were my employees but i did treat them like friends to an appropriate extent. The hardest part on the job was having to sometimes open the club and then close the club all in one day meaning having to work a 12 hour shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in a such an enviroment that i enjoyed so much.
Learned a lot of business management
Manager/Club Operator (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 2, 2016
At Fitness 19, I learned that I can push myself to do so much more than I thought I could. I had always said "I don't like sales and I won't do sales", well that lasted all of about 10 seconds. I live, eat, and breath sales. From being a personal trainer and selling my own training packages; to now, as a manager, needing to maximize each opportunity that presents itself.
Fitness 19
Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 18, 2016
The only real thing going there is staff that doesn't include management. The trainers and front desk staff are cool, but the top people are awful to work for.
Independent work atmosphere
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMay 10, 2016
Being the GM was rewarding when the club is doing good and growing.
The team here was fun and energetic.
I trained in all of the staff very well which helped the club strive over the others.
The hardest part was rolling with the constant change in the company.
The most enjoyable was our staff and members, we had great customer service which in turn lead to great members, and relationships with the members.
Fitness 19
Sales (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHApril 2, 2016
A typical day at work was cleaning,answering phones, telemarketing. I learned that promoting sales is harder than it looks. Management was unorganized. My co-workers were very nice and understanding. The hardest part of the job was to promote sales to people who have already canceled their membership and promoting sales to random numbers we called. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting all of the people and made it a nice working environment.
Too much strees
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 11, 2016
Too much stress and work but not enough pay. The management puts all the work on the shoulders of the lower guys and the lower guys make bad money while management rolls in the dough. Also threatens to withhold paychecks if certain things are not met.
Health-oriented and positive environment
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 4, 2016
Cold calling clients to encourage customers to experience workout program promotions. Greet clients, use Microsoft presentations to record and measure weight and body fat –intake. Discuss health modifications in daily lifestyle, sell fitness packages, and achieve fitness goal each week.
Loved the opportunities I was given to excel here, and the lessons I learned from my co-workers
Assistant Manager/Sales Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILFebruary 17, 2016
Design and promote activities that satisfy customer demand and generate revenue. Advertise and promote the center to increase usage, which includes commissioning and considering market research. Organize, train and supervise staff, including drawing up staff rosters. Carry out health and safety checks on equipment and plant and arrange the cleaning of all areas. Maintain high levels of customer care and handle complaints, as necessary

Want to know more about Fitness 19?

Ask a question
Outgoing and exciting workplace
Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYFebruary 11, 2016
Fitness 19 is an excellent place to be employed at. As a personal trainer for this company you will get paid a very nice wage, much better than most gyms are willing to pay to non independent trainers. (50% for most trainers of what the clients pay for their sessions)
The boss is very laid back and stays out of your way when it comes to training your clients. As long as the clients are happy and keep purchasing your services you'll nearly ever even know he works there. The head trainer is very knowledgeable of training and is a better than average salesman, so he will almost always have clients ready to dish out to the staff of trainers that need holes in their schedules filled. The front desk/membership sales staff are very friendly and will do just about anything to accommodate the members and prospective members.
Pros
Free gym membership, meeting new people every day, excellent pay, laid back boss, freedom to be creative with exercise programming, excellent head trainer.
Cons
No healthcare offered
Fun place
Sales Manager/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIFebruary 7, 2016
It was a fun place to work. It kept you busy all of the time. However, if you love the gym scene then this is the place for you.
Moivated and friendly work area
Club Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 4, 2016
Fitness 19 is a very friendly gym. The employees are always in a good mood and always help people who need questions answered, as well as the manager, she is always understanding with any issues. The hardest part of the job was when a customer was unsatisfied and there wasn't much you could do to help. This job thought me how to better my communication skills as well as learn more about billing. The best part was opening in the mornings.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
no health benefits
It was a gym
Sales / Customer service manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 5, 2015
It started out as a good place to work in which they promised you room for growth but as other gyms came into the area that ended quickly. Company seemed to play favorites with employees, instead of going off numbers and productivity.
Good job for kids
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILOctober 25, 2015
Over the course of a few years, this job was fun but there was really no opportunity for advancement although management tried to say otherwise. It did give the opportunity to meet many people.
Pros
free membership
productive
Club Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAAugust 11, 2015
they are very willing to work with your schedule and you can work your way up through the company easily if you work hard enough
Chop shop
General Manager (Former Employee) –  oklahomaJuly 8, 2015
Very low paying company with awkward schedules and very sketchy practices. Membership prices are made up and are charged based on location and appearance of prospective member.
Great Fitness environment
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJune 26, 2015
I consulted gym members and clients on proper fitness so they could get the most out of their gym membership. I trained clients on proper exercise and nutrition. I help them meet their health and fitness goals.
The hardest part of the position was sales in that I had to convince people that they needed me to train them to get excellent results.
Management was great 99% of the time and co-workers were great too.
The best part of working at Fitness 19 was the environment of a health club and the people there were all trying to improve.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Inconsistent hours and client cancellations
Good place to work.
Custodial (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 11, 2015
Manger was great, learned a lot about being a dependable worker, and taking pride in my work. Members motivate you to work out after your shift, which is great for taking on a healthier lifestyle.
Pros
Promotes healthy lifestyle.
Cons
Cleaning tasks can be very demanding.
okay place to work
Front desk and Kids club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Glendale,azJune 5, 2015
It was a fun place to work being the kids club attendant and talking to all the members. But having no notice just one day they are closed not good ethic at all to members or employees.

2.5