FITNESS 19 Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Custodial (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Promotes healthy lifestyle.
Cons: Cleaning tasks can be very demanding.
Manger was great, learned a lot about being a dependable worker, and taking pride in my work. Members motivate you to work out after your shift, which is great for taking on a healthier lifestyle.
okay place to work
Front desk and Kids club Attendant (Former Employee), Glendale,azJune 5, 2015
It was a fun place to work being the kids club attendant and talking to all the members. But having no notice just one day they are closed not good ethic at all to members or employees.
Productive and great work experience
Club Coordinator (Current Employee), Woodstock, GAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: No place to grow in company.
Working at Fitness 19 has given me great opportunity to experience entry level accounting work. A typical day at work included updating projections and production sheets, using quickbooks to account for all funds received and paid out from the previous day. Daily data entry and collections are necessary. Management fluctuated, therefore I was able to gain experience in scheduling and following disciplinary actions for employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is different everyday and challenging. I enjoy the challenge because it helps me strive to become better.
job
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Elkins Park, PAMay 3, 2015
This place was a great experience . I learned a lot and I also meet a lot of good people. I really like the company...............................................................................................
Fun environment and workplace
Kids Room Attendant (Former Employee), Evansville, INApril 17, 2015
A typical day would consist of child care and keeping the children happy. I liked to educate them as much as possible, just as a school would. Although this was a gym childcare and the children were only allowed in 2 hours at a time, I strived to make their time valuable. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching the children learn and grow. The hardest part of my job was having many kids to look after in one sitting.
great enviorment and great people
Receptionist/ Child care (Former Employee), Rocklin, CAFebruary 11, 2015
everyone was so nice when I worked for fitness 19, the management was always on their game when it comes to customer service and the members just loved the staff! made good friends and awesome work out buddies
awesome job, sad it closed
Club Coordinator (Former Employee), Boise, IDFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free gym access, interaction with clients and their progress
Cons: there were none
Sale memberships to potential clients was a blast. Helping people understand they have a chance of being fit and keeping them motivated to keep them healthy. Working with clients to have a healthier life is the best rewarding job you could ever having.
Productive and fun work place
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: dont get payed if a client does not come in or you have no clients during part of your shift.
A typical day at my job at fitness 19 is organized because I have all my clients scheduled and they know that I will call them to make sure they will make it for their session. The work flow and the people you work with are professional and adaptable. Everybody works together to get the job done. If I need help with my clients or paper work because I have two things to do at the same time I know that one of the employees has my back. The same goes with them if their with a customer and the phone rings or if there is spill that happened on the floor I can help them out while they are busy. The company does a good job with making sure everybody is cross trained so we can help each other out if need be. The hardest part of being a personal trainer with Fitness 19 is the client base, you can be really busy some times and not busy others. You always have to keep your clientele list up which can be hard if most people can't afford it or are to busy or on vacation at the same time. The most enjoyable part is helping and knowing that you are making a meaningful impact on someones life as well as teaching them a good balance between work, family and fitness.
Good place to start fitness career
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Daly City, CAJanuary 31, 2015
This facility is perfect for anyone who wants a great start to their professional career. Flexible schedule, steady stream of clients. Director of Fitness is well knowledgable and fair to all trainers.
productive fast paced fun
Sales Manager/General Manager (Former Employee), Thornton, CONovember 10, 2014
Great place to work oppertunity to move up fast but also no percs at all
productive
Marketer (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIOctober 20, 2014
Pros: marketing experience
Cons: pay was not good
went door to door and handed out flyers. learned communication skills and the co-workers were fun to work with
Productive and strong corporation to work for.
General Manager (Current Employee), GAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: opportunity and business building skills
Cons: low compensation, no benefits
Fitness 19 was built on success stories. The company gives anyone a chance to make a career through hard work and dedication. It is always possible to move up the ladder if you take the opportunity. Compensation is not desirable and some management lacks professionalism. Sales drive the business, so you must produce in order to stay.
Great high school/college job NOT good for a professional looking for full time work.
Assistant manager/club coordinator (Former Employee), Cleveland areaSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: good part time work, flexible schedule
Cons: awful upper management, long hours with little pay
I started with this company when I was 17 years old. I worked part time front desk/sales for 3 years at the same location and loved it. The hours were flexible, the people were nice, and the job was stressful at times but overall it was easy. However, earlier this year I moved to a different location to become a full time assistant manger. I am now wishing I had never taken this position. The pay was awful with no commission on the memberships I sold or the personal training I sold. Meanwhile, 2-3 times per week I was traveling outside of the club to flyer/pick up supplies/drop off deposits at the bank and not once was I given compensation for travel. The owner/operator of the club rarely ever came in and when he did I would often get yelled at for things that he was ultimately responsible for. The personal training manger was impossible to work with and often over charged people for their personal training but did nothing to resolve the issue. The only thing that kept me there for over 3 months was the wonderful front desk staff. If it wasn't for them I would have left only weeks after accepting the job. Like I stated before, it is great for a high school or college student wanting to gain experience in the fitness industry but it is NOT good for a professional who is looking for full time work.
Promote team atmosphere to get things done both for the club & the club members
Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free club membership
Cons: low pay, no insurance benefits even for full-time staff
Overall it is a good place to work. The current management is fair and caring.
Exciting work place with something new to face on a day to day basis.
Manager (Former Employee), Lilburn, GASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: enjoyable environment, great co-workers
Cons: pay
My day would consist of educating prospects on gym equipment and use, along with monthly price and membership benefits. The greatest challenge would usually be a dissatisfied customer and the task of turning their issue into a resolution with all sides happy. What I enjoyed most was being able to help people accomplish goals that they may not have realized they could reach and the satisfaction of knowing I helped someone be happy with their overall health and appearance! The co-workers in this environment were amazing and I am still in contact with the majority of them to this day. We all shared the same passion and worked hard towards a common goal.
Great Company
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GASeptember 2, 2014
I really enjoy working with this company! Easy to work with the managers and employees.
Enjoyed working with the clients that I helped meet their fitness goals.
Fitness Trainer (Former Employee), Whitehall Township, PASeptember 2, 2014
train clients who i have scheduled. The schedules were posted explaining the schedule for the sessions. The client would have to sign a session book to verify that they were at the sessions. My responsibilities were to train individuals and keep them coming back.
fun and loveable working environment
Sales Associate/Cashier,security, facility tech (Former Employee), Eastvale, CAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: free gym uses
typical day at work would be cleaning the gym equipment when i would start my shift and help out with sales representatives were all busy.also watched over the cars when break-ins where frequent to keep robbers away
Friendly environment
Front Desk Receptionist/ Sale Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 29, 2014
I learned that a gym sells its self because people that come in already know what they want to get so they really just want to know its pros and cons.
Great career job!
Personal Trainer/Sales (Former Employee), Wickliffe, OHJune 11, 2014
Pros: well balanced career.
Cons: was in snowy ohio
Great career job where I was able to fulfill my purpose to help others live healthy, strong lives.