Fitness 19 Employee Reviews

fun and prodtctive
Opener/sales associate (Current Employee) –  Grayson, GAJuly 20, 2017
a typical day at work I open the gym at 4:45 AM Monday through Friday ... I clean majority of the day and sale throughout the day . management wasn't something I was too fond of but it did the job.
Cons
no benefits, no paid vacation time
Proactive all the time great working experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAMay 29, 2017
I like working for the company because we can use ideas to make it better & get out of the gym to tell people how we could better their lifestyle or what we can do to help our community by keeping our clients happy
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Short breaks, raffles, extra pay
Very fun to work at just not enough pay
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 12, 2017
I enjoy working here at fitness 19 and I love my clients but the level of pay is just not enough. I'm looking for higher pay per client because I feel my value is much higher than what I get paid here.
Pros
Fun, easy to obtain clients, relaxed
Cons
Low pay, no benefits
Such a great place to work if it's your first job
Kids Club Attendant/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CAMay 4, 2017
I had so much fun working as a kids club attendant. You would also be doing a lot of cleaning of the gym and helping out the front desk checking clients in and answering phones. Management was so great. My coworkers were also nice and friendly.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
The pay rate
Decent place to start out in the fitness industry
Sales Manager and Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kendall Park, NJMay 1, 2017
If you want to get your foot in the door in the fitness industry, then Fitness 19 is fine. But over time, you will find that there is too much red-tape. The regional managers don't care about the people, only the numbers.
Fun
Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 30, 2017
It's really hard to say... I was scheduled to train clients without knowing , I was Part-time and the pay was horrible. When I did train clients and seen results, It was extremely rewarding
Pros
clients were great
Cons
scheduling bad
personal training
Personal Trainer/Sales (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIFebruary 23, 2017
didn't pay well as for trainers. never really developed a culture for training, the clubs clientele never really bought training. however the manager at the royal location was great at selling.
Pros
royal manager was decent
Intensity at it's best
Yoga Instructor (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 2, 2017
This facility is filled with people who take their fitness seriously, are committed and determined when it comes time to engage in class participation
Pros
Cons
Sometimes I have to cancel classes due to clash with my musician schedule
great old school atmosphere
Fitness Director (Former Employee) –  fitness 19 sunnyvalle ca fitness 19 fremont caJanuary 29, 2017
Welll much different when i went back ten yeers later.I really love that atmosphere of your old school neabiour hood gym! Wich i know dosn"t st any more it had that feel i not only matured as a human being butt also was really able to relize what health and fitness were really about
fun workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  N Las Vegas, NVJanuary 3, 2017
I had fun working at Fitness 19 except when I had to go outside during summer to get people to join. I was never told I was gonna have to spend most of my shift outdoors in a 104 degree.
Awesome environment if you're into sales.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 1, 2017
My time there was okay. I wasn't into selling personal training and that hindered my ability to talk with potential clients. But I got to work out for free.
Best community gym
Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CADecember 20, 2016
I work at Fitness 19 after my first year as a certificated trainer and i found my style of training. i notice that i am a people person and i can motivated anyone willing to work hard. The members of the gym all knew me even if we didn't train together, and it made me feel like part of something bigger
Pros
location was close to home
Cons
the gym will get packed fast
Not so hot
Fitness Membership Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 30, 2016
Fitness 19 was not worth the pay. Every employee there works 3 different jobs and is only paid to do one. It would be nice if we were compensated for the amount of work that we put in.
work
Opening, Sales, Custodian (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXNovember 28, 2016
wake up to open the gym at 5am. no work to be done until managers come but that is the openers duties. easy job, laid back, but bad skills were formed.
Pros
fun enviorment
Cons
not professional
Inexpensive Place to Work-out
SALES TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 28, 2016
Lots of equipment at very low prices! Working there was alright, management could have been better. The staff and members were awesome-for the most part.
Summer Job
Daycare (Former Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WANovember 16, 2016
A typical day was to clock in, sit at the check in until a child showed up, watch the children, and at the end of the day clean the room. I learned how to meet and greet new people and how to interact with different child's personalities. I didn't have much interaction with the staff, but when I did they were very welcoming.
Fun workplace
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CANovember 7, 2016
Great staff, easy to work with. Great place if you're looking for experience in sales. Not great if you're looking for something long term.
Cons
No comission.
An amazing, fun environment that made working a pleasure.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GANovember 5, 2016
Of all the jobs I have had this place is my favorite. I have built so many friendships and bonds with not only those I worked with but also members. I can honestly say we were an amazing team and treated each other like family. Coming to work everyday was really my favorite part because of the people I got to be around. I seriously hope I can find a place this amazing. I absolutely love it.
Awesome
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 7, 2016
Great environment, never really leave with a "bad work day". Always something to do, never a boring day. Fun experience, extremely blessed to get to work here
Pros
Workout for free, flexible schedule, great people
Chill
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 4, 2016
This job was very minimal, I had very little hours and wasn't made to do much for this job. Pay wasn't very good but considering what I had to do for the job it is considerably not bad. I learned a new system and spoke to members abut their accounts . My co workers were okay and management was okay too.
Pros
free membership, chill, no pressure
Cons
boring, no opportunities to grow in the company