Fitness Formula Clubs Employee Reviews

Fun, great energy!
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJune 5, 2017
Pull out files of clients, evaluate, test, prepare workout, consult progress. Learned to prospect with in the facility, build relationships and get people results! Management was ok, always room for improvement, eventually it did as the managing director was replaced. Hardest part was when client id not see results. Best part relationship building and coworkers!
Pros
free time !
Cons
too many unnecessary meetings
Definitely won't pay the bills
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln Park, ILFebruary 18, 2017
I can only speak about the location I worked at, and the spa, but it's commission only and definitely did not make enough to even pay rent. They try to encourage you to give out free services, to "expose" yourself to members. But in reality, when you're not getting paid hourly, and based on appointments you're not making much. Management was horrendous. Manager was afraid of confrontation and avoided it at all cost making the environment filled with drama, and tension. I would not recommend to any massage therapists or estheticians.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
So corporate based and could care less about employees
Awesome place full of positivity and energy
Manager On Duty (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2016
Loved being the first face of many of the patrons. I learned the gym ins and outs as well as healthier living. Management was very knowledgeable and dedicated to the business. My co-works were very passionate about the job as well. The hardest part of the job was being there at 4:30 am. The most enjoyable part was being able to build a healthy life style based on the job.
Fun job great coworkers
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast, ILMay 5, 2016
This place is very fun to work and my coworkers are amazing. Besides working to get clients on your own talking to members working out that don't want to be bother but otherwise great
Overall a good place to work but doesn't pay well
Manager on Duty, Front Desk, Kids Club (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2016
I really enjoyed my coworkers and members of the club. However they have very high expectations of their workers and do not provide compensation the way they should for the amount of work their employees are putting in.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
minimum wage
Fun work environment with fun co-workers!
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2016
It was a solid experience with FFC. but the room for growth is very limited. Top trainer earn 80,000+ but that is only a very small portion of trainer with the company.
fun place to work
Membership Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2015
you will meet many great connections in the industry from wonderful members to awesome co workers. fun place to work while finding your career
Overall opinion
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2015
Great company to work for, terrible work/life balance. Required too much of my free time to make a living. But the company itself is fantastic.
Cool People
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2015
The people are great. Job keeps you moving. Its a lot of work but rarely easy. Work does not commensurate with the payment at all.
Pros
Fun people. Free gym membership.
Cons
little pay
Great for young adults
Receptionist/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2015
This a good job for young adults, starting out, going to college, trying to figure out there next step. You are up on your feet all day. the breaks are only 10 minutes. What makes it more enjoyable is the clients and the people you work with.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
compensation is extemely low.
fun place ato work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IlMarch 3, 2015
Fun place to work, great team member, good hours a lot of good benefits staff take time to enter act with member and other staff members
Fine for a part time job
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2015
This is a great place to have a part time job to get a free gym membership. If you are looking for a career, look elsewhere. There is no room for advancement and senior management expects high staff turnover. Think about getting a raise? Forget it. They do not give pay increases.
Pros
Staff, Members
Cons
Low benefits, no overall business strategy (turn and burn)
Sales related
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2014
Personal training was more related to sales rather than health.
Pros
Clean and modern facility
Cons
Sales oriented.
Fun atmosphere and great clientele
Master Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILMay 22, 2014
Great company to work for, with exceptional facilities.
they take pride in member services and make each member feel part of the family
Successful environment for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2014
There is a disconnect between communication among managers and workers. The environment among members was generally healthy and happy. A typical day at work consisted of explaining the benefits of the club and ensuring that the potential new member is well informed and happy and headed towards maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Pros
Ability to work out at any of the locations, free of charge.
Cons
Lack of compassion
Pretty easy job
Kid Club Associate/Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2013
I work in the Kid Club Dept where I take care of the members kids while they work out, for a max of 2 hours. Entertaining a child goes beyond sitting them in front of a TV. Turns out not every kid likes to watch TV for 2 hours straight. So you must be kid friendly and play with them so they like you and respect you. If the kid isn't happy they won't want to go to the gym & the member won't be able to workout if they don't have a baby sitter or can't count on us to make their child happy & willing to stay with us, while their parents workout.
Pros
I get paid to play and color with kids. Not a bad part-time job.
Cons
Only pays $8.25 and there's no raises unless minimum wage goes up.
Great, friendly environment
Fitness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2013
I loved my time at FFC. My co-workers were great to work with, and I had a lot of fun while working there. I definitely want to go back after this summer!
A fun neighborhood gym!
Fitness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2013
This isn't just your average gym. The amenities seem endless and the staff I worked with really cared about their members. The services they provided were awesome and working there was a lot of fun. Most people were all my age and the management staff was really laid back/a lot of fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fitness Formula Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.

Fitness Formula Clubs Reviews by Location