Fitness

Fitness Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Nutrition Coach (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 27, 2015
I enjoyed working here. Co-workers are friendly. Great company culture. Well managed. Treats staff well. Communication is strong between departments.
Strong dedication to self improvement
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), carmel, INMarch 21, 2015
Pros: family oriented
Cons: i wish i could do it more
I had the opportunity that most people never have and that was the ability to learn and grow in the personal and professional field. I learned how to create and implement program designs, adapt to change depending on class size, age and skill level. I a very supporting manager/teacher.
good
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Bowie, MDMarch 9, 2015
had this job in college working part time, no benefits, pay was ok, could be better. not too many physical therapist working there but it gave me a good experience
Great Student Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: low pay and parking isn't free during the day
This is a great job for students just looking to earn some weekend money. The environment is pretty relaxed and the managers were personable. The downfall is the lack of advancement and compensation.
Great Company
Brand/Marketing (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: slow mornings
Fun atmosphere. Learned the importance of time management and how to work as a team. Helping other overcome physical issues was truly the best part of this company.
So much fun working there
Instructor/Day Care (Former Employee), Victorville, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free parking, use of the gym, fast and easy trip to there and back
Cons: traffic on the way to work
Everything about Fitness is so much fun. I love what I do as a fitness instructor. Motivating the students, feeling their energy and vice versa, building confidence for them, and encouraging them to not give up and do the very best they can. My managers at where I work are so easy to get along with, and I can talk to them comfortably. Though sometimes it does get tiring teaching classes day in and out, it is still always worth it to see their smiles.
Supervise the Facility Attendants in the Fitness Center
Supervisor (Current Employee), Hamden, CtFebruary 3, 2015
In my current Supervisor role, I manage and oversee the activities of the Facility Attendants that work in the Fitness Center at Quinnipiac University. Furthermore, I assist the patrons with equipment, fitness class registration, and anything other activities regarding Recreation and Fitness at Quinnipiac. Being a supervisor has made understand the importance of building a health relationship with other employees. As a result, I have developed the ability maintain an effective working relationship with other employees along with willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
First Job Right Out Of College
Membership Sales (Former Employee), San Ramon, Ca.January 22, 2015
I got this job to pay for Real Estate School. A typical day would bringing in sales and achieving sales. The management was not all that great, too competitive, to the point of being greedy. The best part of the job was the commute (2 miles round trip) and having a free gym membership. The worst part was the management being greedy.
Doing what I love, helping others achieve goals.
Owner/Founder (Current Employee), Northern CaliforniaJanuary 22, 2015
Teaching people how they can accomplish what they never thought was possible.
Fun but not sustainable
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: part-time, set hours
Cons: no benefits, no fll-time, no paid leave, no retirement
This job is a good second job or something for a retired person or stay at home spouse to get out of the house. Works for most college students. The executive director is a greedy, power hungry woman who cares nothing for her employees. She ignores emails about raises and reimbursement for continued training. The directors are often young, inexpereinced, and unprofessional. Staff members gossip like teenagers and fight over nothing. Staff is lazy for the most part and leave most work to 2-3 hard working staff members. I work here for the kids and because I like teaching, and the job has convenient hours.
All companies I have worked for and with
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Riverside, CADecember 23, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Wonderful, supportive, nothing negative about companies I have worked for.
Front Desk (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDDecember 8, 2014
Work environment is very laid back and easy to work in. Mainly greeted customers and did check ins.
Great environment for growth and knowledge as a dancer
Hip Hop Instructor (Current Employee), Queens, NYNovember 17, 2014
I am the only hip hop instructor in this facility and each class runs for an hour long. I am free to teach any style or derivative of hip hop that I choose, and each class varies throughout the semester. I usually allow everyone to freely stretch and mingle for five minutes and then we jump right into workshops. I workshop techniques that are utilized in the choreography I prepared for the class. Then after fifteen minutes of workshops, I teach the choreography. Classes usually are an average size of 25 people. Every class is a new experience, whether it is with the regulars that show up or with new faces. Every class is filled with energy, enthusiasm, and growth. Everyone gets a good sweat, but most importantly they walk away with smiles on their faces primarily from the satisfaction of accomplishing a task that they will probably would not have attempted outside of the studio. It is fun for the students and a pleasure for me.
Poor Management
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 21, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: everything
Very poor management. Employees are given impossible tasks and then owners degrade them when the tasks are not completed. Managers are friends of employees and are not strict on following any rules or guidelines. Members are often disrespected and there is a very apathetic attitude about doing your job. Employees always let the state of the gym get out of hand and managers do not enforce anything. Overall this is a great place to work if you do not care about your job.
Great work environment
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: motivating
Cons: short breaks
A typical day starts early and from the first session until the last client leaves, constant coaching motivating and consulting are the duties that are performed. I learned that attitude is important, and communication is important. The most enjoyable part of the job is the constant opportunity to build rapport with clients and motivating them to reach their goal.
Fun, healthy, and encouraging atmosphere to help people become stronger and healthier.
PERSONAL TRAINER, BRITT'S TRAINING SYSTEMS (Current Employee), Rockwall, TXSeptember 26, 2014
A typical day at the gym consists of about 3 hours. I get organized and ready for the fitness class, lead and assist in helping students with proper form while performing exercises. I have learned how to better teach clients at different physical levels. I have also learned different techniques to help trigger clients to become better each time they walk through the gym doors. This gym is a small business, therefore, I have two other coworkers. We all do well together and have like minded goals for ourselves, our students, and the gym. The hardest part of the gym is not being there enough. I would like to make training my main source of income but there are only selected hours that classes are available. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to do what I love. I love helping people reach their goals and seeing them improve their lives.
24 hour Fitness
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: wide variety
Cons: over worked and micromanaged
Gave me a wide opportunity to explore fitness and management in all faucets. I coached/ reviewed/ managed 175 employees/ taught class/ worked on annual budgets/ schedules/ hired employees/ fired employees.
Productive and fun gym and staff to work with
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Kendall Park, NJAugust 20, 2014
Pros: flexibility, great staff
Cons: compensation, benefits, management
Typically a day would consist of a morning full of clients, an afternoon full of efforts to make sales, and a night full of group fitness classes. Starting out I had to put in a lot of free time to get into the decently successful position I was in. Management failed to play the part of fitness directors and cooperate when my staff and I made efforts to implement new programs.
Working with a widely diverse clientele and respectful fun staff made up for the lack of management and financial hardships.
Fun place to work in
Youth Assistant (Former Employee), Algonquin, ILJuly 25, 2014
Working at Fitness 19 was a great place to work . Early morning parents would dropoff their children in the kids room while they did their daily work out. Some kids were sleepy, some over excited, but as always i organized games for us to play and we had lots of fun, some kids didnt even want to leave when the parents came to pick them up. This job was very rewarding,I had a great connection, friendship with the kids. Some days were super wild,many kids running around, but the next time they would come back, they were very happy to see me again. My co-workers were all great happy people, the management was amazing. Caring people who made you feel part of a family.
I enjoy getting people fit, it makes me feel good when i can help!
personal trainer (Current Employee), Loveland,coJuly 25, 2014
to whom it may concern I am very much a busy body, I love to keep going I'm always on the top of my game! I learn from my clients everyday they can come to me for anything. my coworkers are very nice and easy to get along with.

1 2 3