Fitness Employee Reviews

Overall Okay
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  OklahomaJuly 11, 2017
Worked as a trainer, no benefits, depends on who the store operator is whether it is a good environment or not. Started with a great store operator, left under a bad store operator.
it was a good place to work
Greeted each member and guests promptly (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 1, 2017
Recognition makes employees feel good about their workplace and their job. Written recognition in the form of thank you letters doubles the impact of employee recognition. You can use these thank you letter samples in your workplace
Personal Trainer
Personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 29, 2017
Help clients reach their fitness goals by educating them and training them according to their fitness needs. Observed for safety in all exercises. Advised on nutrition and assisted with physical therapy when needed.
It was too hard of a job for a part timer
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2017
The job had its ups and downs. The ups being able to talk to new people and meet others. The downside is management, they took advantage their employees
Closed
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJune 22, 2017
Managment told you to do one thing to earn the business memebers and then another when you had done what they asked. The business eventually went under because of Retro Fitness
exciting workplace
LEAD CHILDREN'S PROGRAM DANCE INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 21, 2017
I enjoy my job here. A lot of creative freedom and you can choose the hours you work which is nice. Pay is not as high as desired and sometimes checks are late.
Acrofitness
TUMBLE INSTRUCTOR | ACROFITNESS (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMay 17, 2017
This is a lovely place to work if you enjoy kids and families. Satisfaction comes from seeing kids grow in their achievements. The culture is upbeat and happy at all times.
Pros
Teamwork!!
Cons
Part-Time
It was the best job i had
Receptionist - 24/7 (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMay 16, 2017
This job I had as a receptionist was ridiculously awesome. If i got to work early or after work I could work out or take the classes they offered. I could even do the personal training they offered its open 247 so it was amazing. If I could I would love to work there again.
Productive Place and great co-workers
Personal Trainer, Full-Time (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 1, 2017
A typical day for me is to see about 8-15 clients depending on the day. I would train them in a way that best suits their needs and goals. I would take measurements to see if the clients have progressed and, if not, then I would see where they could improve their workouts and/or diet plan, I have definitely learned patience with some of these clients. I see a lot of different people with different levels of fitness and learning to be patient with the people with lower levels of fitness is something that I have gotten used to over the past year of training. Management has been a problem in the past where I have worked. Not to me personally, because I have liked all of the management that I have been under, but on the business side we haven't had good managers until recently. The culture is great. I love working at a gym because I love to work with people that have the same passions as me. The hardest part of the job is that it sometimes takes away my drive to workout because I am working other people out all day and in the same place for sometimes 12 hours at a time. Other than that, the hardest part of my actual job is to make people do the things outside of working with me that is needed to achieve their goals. Easily the most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to see other people succeed in weight loss and make lifestyle changes for the good. I have impacted a lot of people from training them and I love being apart of them changing their life for the better.
Pros
Seeing Lifestyle changes in others and helping people reach goals
Cons
Depending on clients to do what their supposed to do when not working with me.
awesome
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYApril 19, 2017
awesome finding work today i enjoy everything there is no hard part about working whatso ever and i learned so much by working with people every second in this country america.
Job be rewarding but you can feel underappreciated.
Fitness/Wellness (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 17, 2017
Finding time for yourself.
Compensation is low for the amount of work you put in.
Financially do not feel appreciated.
There aren't that many mentor programs in the field.
Finding companies to work for that will help with continuing education opportunities.
High turn-over in some settings because it's hard to get established
Focused and driven work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 14, 2017
Hard working and focused Managerial staff, not very helpfull HR department. Chalenging goals and quotas to reach without administrateve suport. positivly chalinging.
Pros
Good environment to work hard and create your own position within the company
Cons
lack of administrateve suport
Fun & Productive
Wellness coach and sales associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 21, 2017
I assisted clients in reaching wellness goals, made shakes, hosted events and dance classes while making sales, I also networked with many people interested in wellness: from lawyers to doctors and musical artists.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
productive and upbeat workplace
KIDS CLUB TEAM MEMBER FITNESS 19 (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMarch 15, 2017
I would go into work and watch children from 6 months - 12 years of age while parent would workout for two or so hours. I learned how to have fun and be patient. The hardest part of the job was me being alone on Saturday mornings.
Pros
playing with kids
Cons
not too many available hours
Membership
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Guilderland, NYMarch 12, 2017
The hours were short but it was enjoyable to be in the gym atmosphere. The management was enjoyable and the culture was fun but there was not much room to grow.
Boyertown YMCA/Phila Freedom Valley Y
custodail maintenance 5 (Former Employee) –  Boyertown, PA 19512March 4, 2017
Funplace to work/great co-workers-pay is low considered the work you are asked to do. Members friendly-staff friendly
Pros
local/free membership if you work there
Cons
pay
Student Job
Facilities Supervisor at U of M Wellness Center (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 1, 2017
I had this job in college and liked it. It was a way to make money while going to school. Met some fun people and made friends in the process.
Personal fulfillment aiding others in living healthier lives
Certified Fitness Trainer (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHFebruary 20, 2017
Good Profession, but can be straining due to fairly rough working hours and keeping motivation on long days. Keep your client size to a medium level and try to bring on positive, motivated people.
Fun Workplace
OPERATOR / MIDWEST REGIONAL DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 17, 2017
Fun workplace with a great atmosphere of health and wellness. Our employees are team driven and very close. The interaction with clients is what drives our business.
sales, free gym
Sales (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 14, 2017
typical sales rep position. leaned that there is always a cheaper price for a membership. managers and coworkers were fun to work with. hardest part was bothering people to join the gym. best part is that you could use the gym free of charge