Fitness

Fitness Employer Reviews

Great place to start into management
Club Director (Former Employee), Indy, INMay 28, 2014
Train in the morning then train some more in the evening. I spent almost all day at the club with very little in return.
full fitness center
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), West Haven, CTMay 16, 2014
very rewarding,high energetic environment. Learned how to handle many personalities and how to manage a typical work day. As personal training is a passion there are no negatives for only positives.
Every employee is very knowledgeable in the fitness/wellness field
Wellness Graduate Assistant-Rec Sports (Current Employee), Stephenville, TXMay 12, 2014
-A typical day at work consist of assigning personal training clients to trainers, overseeing group exercise classes, and meetings.
-I have learned about nutrition, exercising, and the anatomy of the human body.
-I have had the opportunity to work with great managers at the Rec. They guide me in direction but let me make my own decision when the time – more... comes.
-The hardest part of my job is scheduling 20+ college students because they are all taking classes full time.
-The most enjoyable part of my job is working in an environment that motivates me as well as others to be as healthy and happy as possible. – less
Productive and safe working environment with growth and advancement
sales where (Former Employee), South Elgin, ILApril 23, 2014
my usual day consisted of cleaning the gym in the morning and answering phones to set up my sales appointments throughout the week. I worked 8 hour days. My favorite part was interacting with the clients in the gym.
Fitness
Physical Trainer/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Snellville, GAApril 9, 2014
Great environment and learned great costumer service skills
Very productive and fun career
Owner/Personnel Trainer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: set my own hours and provide a service to people
Cons: very long hours
Chance to run my own small business to help people providing a service by helping people achieve their fitness goals not only for in the gym but every day life.
Stable and easy job
Kids Room Attendant (Former Employee), San Clemente CAJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day including clocking in then cleaning facility and sanitizing equipment. When there were kids I would go to kids room and supervise activities for 2 hour sessions. Often we would also put flyers out. Management was overall friendly not very professional in some cases which was the hardest part of the job sometimes. Coworkers were very open – more... and nice so it made things easy for the new employee. – less
A great place to work.
instructor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: not full time
I taught group fitness classes in the morning and evening. Spinning, Yoga and Corebar are my certifications.

I worked the front desk when needed on an hourly basis. This included entering payments and registering clients for membership, greeting and handling customer service, general reception.

I enjoyed a very special judgement free culture at Challenge – more... fitness. All of the employees and clients were always encouraged to be their personal best.

I love helping people to feel better about themselves. – less
Productive and fast passed workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 4, 2013
Customer Service Representative
 Membership sales
 Greeted and checked-in members and guests
 Answered phones
 Cashier key holder
 Applied cash and credit to accounts
 Entered new accounts in system
personal training
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), parma, ohioOctober 4, 2013
having to challenge my clients to reach their fitness goals
Enjoyable experience
Health Fitness Specialist (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 1, 2013
Administered fitness orientation to prospective and existing gym members.
Maintained and performed regular maintenance on fitness machines.
Supported and assisted with the development and implementing of youth sports programs.
Billing Coordinator
Club Coordinator (Current Employee), Fontana, CASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: no healthcare
Maintain accurate payroll records and employee files, including manual check log and reconciliation of the gym’s payroll account. Analyze daily revenue reports and update cash projections for all levels of management. Ensure all revenue goals are achieved by marketing promotional memberships. Perform all safety protocols to ensure a safe healthy environment – more... by managing equipment maintenance and cleaning responsibilities. Respond to all membership inquiries as well as updating membership billing data. – less
Energia Dance Company
Fitness/Dance Instructor (Former Employee), San DiegoAugust 29, 2013
Pros: fun, great work out, exellent co workers, positive work environment
Cons: most work is weekends and holidays
Fitness and dance instructors specializing in samba. Perform/Instruct at special events, weddings, festivals.
VERY FUN
canton ymca (Former Employee), Canton, ILAugust 1, 2013
Job at The Y is very fun but different than any normal job because you are treated like family there.
Fun work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2013
Pros: free to work out.
Cons: no insurance
A typical day at work is, coming in to open the office. check voice mails and call customers back. I start signing people up and dealing with payments and paying bills. I greet my cumstomers and make sure they are satisfied and do not need any help. I make sure they gym looks nice and clean.
Loved the people and the environment
Receptionist/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pflugerville, TXJuly 18, 2013
Pros: great work environment
Cons: cleaning all of the equipment
The owners were awesome. I lived close by the gym - they lived in Cedar Park. They continued to give me more responsibility and I continued to learn how to run a gym. The hardest part of the job was opening the gym at 5:00a five days a week.
Work place and management
Front Desk (Former Employee), Sachse, TXJuly 15, 2013
Pros: meeting new people and gaining skills
Cons: management
The work place was nice, clean, and fun. I have grown a lot from working at Fitness 24Hr Xpress i have learn manager skills like making reports, how to interact with co-workers, and most of all making customers happy. Fitness 24Hr Xpress management was not all that great we had a manager that lets us do whatever we wanted he never took reasonability – more... for his actions or ours. The hardest part of the job was not knowing what we had to do as a team because our manager didn't really care about the job. The most enjoyable part about the job was meeting new people and gaining friends in the end. – less
Fun and I stayed in shape
Yoga Instructor (Current Employee), BirdsboroApril 26, 2013
Pros: stay fit, new sneakers
Cons: cant teach enoiugh to pay my bills
Only teaching 1 class per day does not pay my bills but does keep you fit. I work from a small town community center and the fitness aspect is usually left behind . Board members and management focus on the children of our community rather than adults. The hardest thing about my job is loving what you do doesnt pay the bills but the gratification of – more... helping others was fulfilling – less
Fun workplace
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Perrysburg, OHMarch 12, 2013
Pros: fun workplace, great people
Cons: work on comission
contracted personal trainer, create own hours for the most part
Healthy, energetic atmosphere
Lead Receptionist/Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, ORMarch 5, 2013
Pros: positive healthy enviorment
Cons: management clocked in but involved in personal affairs..i.e. going to a hair appt.
Best part of the day, was the interaction with the members, as well as co-workers.

1 2 3