Fitness Employee Reviews in United States

Excelent
WORKERS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mena, ARJuly 5, 2016
Working hard and fast, fast learner
Hardest part of the job would be staying with a task without getting ahead and working on other tasks. I work hard and efficiently.
Health oriented place that makes you excited to stay healthy!
Recreation Aide (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help people acheive their fitness goals. There are GREAT aerobic classes here that assist in your success. A typical day at work includes giving every customer outstanding customer service and making sure they have everything they need to be successful. Assiting them with using equipment as well as discussing the things they need to work on. Overrall a great place to work if you love helping others.
Fun and motivational environment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAApril 11, 2016
It was a lot of fun working for The Fitness Center. Being in the athletic setting was very motivational, and it made me grow as a man.
great work place
manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 10, 2016
love working here its a friendly environment filled with people who want to better them selves in the working filed and social field
Internship
Internship-Abz-Solute (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 28, 2015
This position was temporarily it was a overall a great experience as a fitness trainer. The work environment was always relaxed
Overall Satisfied
Dance Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pacific Palisades, CANovember 17, 2015
Teaching dance is a highly enjoyable profession. I have the opportunity to connect with many people and establish relationships that can last a lifetime.
Comradery in the work place was amazing
Fitness and Wellness Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2015
I love to open up our facility for all the early birds. Prepare the building for our patrons to operate safely. I worked my way up to upper management to help paint the vision of what we were working towards. Our staff could only be as good as our leadership, therefore management met weekly to insure we are headed in the right direction. Of course whats progress without struggle? The challenges we faced were unhappy patrons who came into our doors disgruntled already. Also staff who didn't care for there jobs made customer satisfaction not their number priority. On the other hand 98% of the time it is a fun, exciting place to work and be!
A flexible, adjustable work shifts.
Member Support (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNOctober 22, 2015
open at 5 AM.
Maintain fitness center, safety rules.
Do new member orientations, upsell services.
Deal with member questions, equipment usage.
Welcome new members.
Keep area clean.
Pros
flexible, part time schedule
Cons
limited pay, not having team member to work with
very driven and Friendly work atmosphere
UFC CPT and Bikini/Fashion Model (Former Employee) –  Honolulu HiOctober 21, 2015
My clients ranged from 16 years old to 67. I build each program custom to each client and their goals. I work better in an energetic, high volume automosphere! Be challenged dailing is exciting for me! I prefer positive criticism. The managment at UFC has taught me how to treat employees and how not too. Most of my coworkers were friendly and always willing to give a helping hand. As in any job, I had god and bad times at UFC, but I focus on the positive in any situation!
Pros
be able to help change lives around for the better!
Cons
Not everyone is going to like you, but always be true to who you are.
strength power
Personal Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lahore, VAOctober 8, 2015
I had learned how to give benifits to a gym by guiding peoples and insiting them to take personal training and by saling gym products.
The only hardest part of a job is when you are sick and u r in a fast.
the most enjoyable part of the job is u have a friendly environment and supporting staff.
Cons
short breaks, health care
Great place to accomplish fitness goals
Boxing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Winter SpringsSeptember 29, 2015
Great place to learn close/ open sales experience.

Interacted with a variety of different people

Good part of the job was free gym membership

Hardest part part of the job was the schedule.
Pros
Good sales commission
Cons
Schedule
24/7 Fitness
PERSONAL TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 28, 2015
I learn how to train very high level athletes and how to manage a larger group of people at once in a intense environment.

The management was great and informing. My manager help me through many different situation and also he was very influential on the correct way to live.
Pros
Cons
Pay
very fun place to work
fitness (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VASeptember 24, 2015
Enjoyed going to work each day, the staff and members of the gym are amazing. If I didn't have to leave for school I would still be working at this job, however that isn't the case.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
nothing
decent, not too promissing for an individual with serious work ethic and great asprations such as myself
Personal; Trainer (Current Employee) –  jersey cityAugust 29, 2015
potential to grow, structure and system is unfair and is really not considerable for the lower level employees. I take my work very serious and would like to progress without the systematic nonsens
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bryant, ARAugust 27, 2015
I enjoy being a Personal Trainer at 10 Fitness. I enjoy helping my clients reach their weight goal and teaching them about healthy ways of living.
Pros
Doing what I went to shool for and enjoy
Cons
Not enough pay/ Still building up Clientele
good work place
Floor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  chicago, ilAugust 15, 2015
Good place to start your aviation career. You must watch everything you do at work and work hard to learn new things. Good place to learn the ins and outs of aircraft mx.
Pros
flight benfits
Cons
upper management
Proprietor of World Gym Franchise
dba World Gym of Vero Beach (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLAugust 14, 2015
Owning a business has probably taught me more about operational business issues than all other previous jobs combined. I have worked at an executive and operational level to foster inclusive work environments, and have been successful in empowering employees to work to their full potential.
I am passionate about fitness and it was a great bless to have been able to share my knowledge with others who needed the education
Bally toal fitness (Former Employee) –  Deptford,NJAugust 14, 2015
A typical day at work was prospecting clients, making sale agreements, and training clients. Sessions consisted an one hour session per client which could consist of anywhere from 10 to 20. That equated to about 25-40 session per week. I learned that it is extremely important to lead from example. My clients looked to me for help and it gave them inspiration and motivation to work hard to make happy changes in their lives. I mainly did not have that much management responsibilities there. I basically work for myself and made my own hours. Its a sales job and was allowed to work as much as I wanted to. I wrote my own paycheck. My coworkers were very hard working like myself. They were also very kind and helpful to their clients. All of us had much respect for each other because we all loved our career. The hardest part of the job was to schedule clients because they all wanted similar time slots. I was a difficult at times but I did my absolute best to work with them to arrange their appointment times. The most enjoyable part of the day was training my clients.
Pros
Meeting and working with others from all walks of lives and ethnic backgrounds
Cons
Client cancellations, no healthcare benefits, unstable, unsteady paycheck
Was a great place to work
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIAugust 11, 2015
I really enjoyed this job working with clients to achieve their goals. I managed the club while I was there also signed up new members and helped them whenever they needed help with the machines or reaching their goals.
Pros
Could workout while at work and talk to clients when they came to workout.
Cons
The gym closed the owner ran out of funds.
Positive and High-Energy workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAAugust 5, 2015
Excellent workplace, management is very positive and knowledgeable. Plenty of opportunity for promotion and advancement. Financial compensation is very good with great earning potential.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2