Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department in a professional services environment. Perform and/or direct Billing, Trust accounting, Accounts Receivable processing, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Bank Reconciliation and General Ledger functions. Supervise staff and manage workflow.
Minimum of Associates’ degree in accounting with three years of work experience. Supervision/leadership experience is also required. Must be willing to work both independently and as part of a team. Must be willing to provide back-up to others in the Finance Department and support to the Chief Operating Officer. Proficiency in MS Excel and Word is required. Must learn in-house computer accounting program.
Responsible for all aspects of the firm's accounting, budgeting financial reporting and analysis functions.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and analysis of variances from budget and prior year(s).
- Oversee billing and collection, accounts payable, payroll and compensation and client disbursements
- Recommends strategies for revenue enhancement and cost reductions
- Prepares regular and timely reports on firm profitability, analysis by individual, practice area and client
- Oversees year-end process/shareholder distribution
- Manages bookkeeping department, including supervision of staff, assessment & assignment of work; implementation of policies, procedures and systems
Indeed - 16 months ago