Five Acres Employee Reviews in United States

work
Parent Support Liaison (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJanuary 19, 2016
not flexible over worked not enough training.
No advancement false hope .
hardest part of the day is when there is a family crises there is not supervisors available.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no advancemnt
Loved working with the families
Quality Assurance - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Altadena, CAOctober 30, 2015
I was able to work with some clients that were in great need of help. I enjoyed working with the diverse group. I worked with children that needed mental health services and glad I was able to assist them.
Pros
I enjoyed working with children
Cons
Job was too short.
Highly mobile and extreme environment
Assistant Recreation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Altadena, CAAugust 12, 2015
A typical day consists implementing recreational programs that are therapeutic for clients ages six to 14 years old. Learned to be a more creative thinker and to work under some extreme and challenging situations. I was in charge of managing 20 to 30 Recreation Counselors five days a week. Worked with positive and energetic co-workers. The hardest part about the job was limitation in staffing (high turn-over rate), which in terms elevated a more intense work environment. The thing I enjoyed about the job is the volunteer support from various organizations in the community.
Pros
Postive programs and community based intervention for the clients
Cons
Extreme staff turn-over rate
Everyday is never the same
Unit Clinician, MFTI (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 24, 2014
Opportunity to work with great and exciting people. You learn from clients and co-workers everyday.
Great Place to work
Present employee (Current Employee) –  AltadenaJanuary 18, 2014
Five Acres is a wonderful place to work, depends on which department you're working for, and most importantly, who is your supervisor. I've developed wonderful professional and personal relationships, have had supportive supervisors, and gained much knowledge and experience.
Pros
supportive, benefits, free lunch at main campus
Cons
management (supervisors) need to be more transparent or supportive to staff
Very productive, fun and exciting working with youth
Crisis Counselor (Former Employee) –  Altadena, CAJuly 30, 2013
Typical day at was greeting each kid from school, assisting with home work and providing activities for the kids. I learned how to work with 10 different personalities of kids from he ages of 10-13. Great management. I enjoyed half of the folks I worked with. The hardest part of my job was hearing about the tough lives the kids lived. The most enjoyable part of my job was forming positive relationships with the kids I worked with.
Pros
great benefits, great activities for the kids.
Cons
the pay was really bad.
Great Agency
Community and School Based MFT Clinical Trainee (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 19, 2013
This traineeship provided me with the opportunity to really hone my therapeutic skills and expand upon, and challenge, my own personal attributes vital to the therapeutic process. My experience at Five Acres was extremely valuable and instrumental in validating my desire to work with children and families, building on their strengths to promote growth, well-being and safety.
Good company
LMFT- Foster Care Program (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAFebruary 4, 2013
Good values. Positive atmosphere. Good administration, they are looking to the future and planning to expand. Colleagues are good, positive.
Great working culture helping at risk children
Residential Treatment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 18, 2013
8-15hr work days monitoring at risk children
Teaching children the proper life skills to transition back home. Working in this type of environment essentially being a surrogate parent to children ages 6-14 you learn to have great patience and communication skills with the children and staff.
The staff thats works with me here is amazing very helpful we all care and take of each other we have become a great unit.
The most difficult part of this job is helping children handle the emotions that come from having absent parents or lack of family.
The most rewarding part of this job is building a relationship with a child and reuniting a parent and child is a great feeling
Pros
great work environment, very active in the community
Cons
no days off
Five Acres Boys and Girls Society
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Altadena, CAApril 12, 2012
I was mainly there on a temporary assignment but it felt a longer to me. My position handled data entry and office work. The co-workers there were very friendly and hospitable. I love coming there every morning to say good morning to everybody as they did to me. When I was down, they were there to help me rise to my feet. Working there was a honor and a pleasure that I will never forget. I wished I could have stayed there longer, but I couldn't because I was a tempt.
Pros
kindness, benefits, stability, postive atmospher, a home away from home.
Cons
no cons for this