Five Below Employee Reviews

ok place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTDecember 9, 2017
i think five below is a good place to work if your just starting out in retail
the hours are not guaranteed
the staff is always changing
staff does not get properly trained
Good seasonable job
SEASONAL FREIGHT TEAM ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 7, 2017
This is a good job for seasonal work. The freight team is a good team to work on. There are plenty of hours for a part time job. There are also discounts to buy merchandise at employee pricing.
not as much fun as it seems
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MADecember 6, 2017
Manager was rude and mean. Expected employees to do everything while she sat around and did nothing. called HR was told nothing they could do, called DM and she said oh well
Fun and interactive workplace
Cashier and Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PADecember 5, 2017
When I worked at Five Below it was a very upbeat and friendly environment. At five below all the employees were friendly and worked together as one. I really enjoyed working at Five Below.
Pros
Family friendly environment
Cons
Short breaks
productive work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 5, 2017
the job was ok, Just always messing up on your hours. the warehouse is in jersey, and they charge to much for transportation, when using their car service
unprofessional
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 4, 2017
the work environment is very unprofessional due to the store manager I didn't get paid for a whole moth due to them messing something up they didn't make it an urgent problem and basically let m work for free until I got my check a month later. some drama does occur there and a lot of employees don't last. due to the environment.
Awesome Company
Assistant Manager CEM/Part-Time Associate (Current Employee) –  South Gate, CA / Anaheim CADecember 1, 2017
One of the best companies I ever worked for. This company cares about their associates and make work feel like a second home. Hours are flexable for part-time associates and plenty of room to grow!!!!
Pros
management, higher management, flexable hours, growth, training
Fun work enviornment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 30, 2017
Five below was a great part-time job. The co-workers were very nice. Management was great but very bad about bringing in new people. It is very slow paced except at Christmas. The shifts are very short and not alot of hours through the week. some of the coworkers are very unreliable.
It was a nice place to work at with nice employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MANovember 27, 2017
It was a nice place to work at with nice employees and management, got to work their and learn great work experience for a first time job. i was happy with the way everything went.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTNovember 26, 2017
interesting to work. people are nice. being able to wrok there was good because it’ll give you more and more experience in retail and also more experience in being a cashier
Good. But, small problem.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  York, PANovember 22, 2017
My typical day at work is most of the time behind the register, ringing out customers. When I am not doing any transactions I need to clean up the front of the store and behind the registers. I have good knowledge of where a majority of our products are located within the store so if a customer needs helps finding something, it is quite easy for me to do. I have learned quite a bit from working at Five Below. I have learned to remember locations or our products, remember prices, and i have learned a lot of information about products that i either never heard of or just didn't know much about to begin with. The management at Five Below is good but there is one manager that is not that great. They can be very unfair at times.
Slow-paced, unorganized environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 22, 2017
Five Below was not a very organized company. The work was very basic and easy, but the hours were not worth it. Myself and a few other employees were receiving 8 hours a week! Not worth it.
I have kids and the prices that you guys have or unbeatable.
The customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 22, 2017
I can adapt to any personality I'm a great hard worker I can lift larger things aswell as I can stand for long periods of time and I have been able to seek management quickly.
Pros
I'm great with people and addapting to new situation...
Cons
I can stock food stand on my feet and lift a lot of weight
Cliques should have been left in high school
SEASONAL TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLNovember 20, 2017
Every retailer's dream is to work in a place that is the exact opposite of this store. Five Below is a cheap tribute to the frustration a CEO may experience when attempting to work its employees to death and being barred due to labor laws. The work environment was awful and no amount of friendliness or being good at your job would change your coworkers' negative opinions about you. Avoid this place like the plague, it's the definition of what a teen's first job should not be.
five below
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 18, 2017
At five Below I was a cashier like everyone else and when I was not ringing customers out I would help people out on the floor. I also would do the early shifts before the store opened and help with stocking. It was not a stressful job, I did not get many hours and the pay was not the best.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no benefits
Fun
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 18, 2017
Great place to work if you're coming out fo high school, really helps introduce the retail industry to you. Helps you learn to get more active in speaking and talking with the community,
Great Starting pay
Supervisor (Key Holder) (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNNovember 17, 2017
If you are over the age of 18 and have management experience the really pay you well. The hours on consistent, but you will have to work nights and weekend.
Pros
20% off
Cons
No Overtime
Fun work environment
KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2017
The job was easy people were fun definitely room for growth with in the company i was a supervisor with in 6 months and was looking at options to have my own store i only left because i needed more money right away.
It was positive environment where spirits were always uplifted. The energy within the workplace was exuberant , making everyone productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 16, 2017
A typical day of work primarily consisted of me assisting customers. I enjoyed building relationships with others allowing my social skills to develop
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short break
Five Below on any given day
Key Holder/Freight Leader (Current Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHNovember 15, 2017
Five Below has taught me many valuable skills that can be used in many other job settings. The employees are close to each other and work well together when properly led by a management staff that cares to lead them. The hardest part of this job was micro management over silly things and having new hires that don't really care to work hard and have fun on the job.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
management/lack of store security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Below. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8