FIVE GUYS BURGERS & FRIES

FIVE GUYS BURGERS & FRIES United States Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee), Springfield, MoApril 2, 2015
Productive and Fun place to work with opportunities to learn vital skills needed to run a profitable business. Inventory management and labor management are important parts of running any business. At Five Guys one is able to take part upon every part of the business and even has a say with the franchise owner about details of how the business is ran including changing financial and product inputs, employee retention. At CNW management Five Guys every employees opinion is valued.
Perfect
General Manager (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 23, 2015
By far the best company I've worked for, ever!!! They truly care about their employees and more important, the PRODUCT they prepare for you everyday. The incentives alone are worth working for.
Flip burgers, be happy, and make it your life.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Lakewood, COMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: no healthcare, no benefits
Morning shift is required to prep all the food beginning at 7 in the morning, then open the store and work through the lunch rush and clean as much as possible before night crew comes in at 4. Depending on staffing and how good your management was doing the preparations, you should have been good, but since the franchise became so desperate, management started to fall through and it took effect on crews and flow of business.

Night crew comes in to finish resetting the floor for the dinner rush, get through the rush, and polish clean the store at the end of the night to maintain cleanliness.

Generally, you're expected to get on your knees and hands everyday to either clean or kiss the feet of the customers, figuratively, and do so happily for minimum wage.

Advancement is easy in this area since they constantly need more people, but they also expect you to be thinking Five Guys 24/7. If you're lucky you might get a reliable crew or at least a few people that can work without having to be micromanaged.
Productive place, that is always fast pace
Team member (Former Employee), Avon, OHJanuary 6, 2015
The job was alright and the people that work there were fairly decent people.
productive workplace
Crew Member/Cook (Current Employee), Aventura, FLDecember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great atmosphere
Cons: no health care
A typical it can get busy real quickly & the facts that we're located in the mall it gets busy especially during the Christmas season. The management is really great, my boss isn't a push over and like to get things in order and just like anywhere else there' s rules that need to be followed. My co-workers get along well for the most part there isn't much trouble that we can handle. Well for me there isn't anything hard about my job as the prep cook.The most enjoyable part for me is when am busy preparing the customers food, instead of waiting around
A great career at one time...
General Manager (Former Employee), Swansea, MADecember 19, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: poor leadership
This was a great career where I climbed the ranks very quickly. Unfortunately as upper management was hired from the outside the quality of the stores began to suffer.
Fun place to work, relatively easy job
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee), Vancouver, WADecember 4, 2014
Pros: 50% off lunches, easy advancement
Cons: low pay
A typical work day includes prep, cleaning, serving customers and cooking. I learned how to manage a team effectively from this establishment. Most of my coworkers were very nice and friendly and hard workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be loud and have fun with my coworkers
Overall Good company to work for.
General Manager (Former Employee), El Paso, TxNovember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no room for improvement
Good place to work good quality food, great standards. Not Much room for improvement.
typical fast food chamber
Customer Service (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: fun co-workers
I got to learn from a lot of different people and this was my first job so it definitely was a good experience just because it was my first and it molded me to be the hard worker that I am today. I worked with the night shift and the co-workers I worked with were always good guides for me to copy and learn from. I enjoyed the time I had there
average
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Wilmington, DESeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free meal
Cons: you gain weight
This was my first job and it was a seasonal position. The food was great. The environment was fast paste and enjoyable.
Uhhh, ok
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee), Odenton, MDSeptember 7, 2014
I mean this isn't my first time working at five guys. It's really disorganized at times and very frustrating because management tends to take sides.
Its a very energetic environment
Cook (Former Employee), Toledo, OHAugust 20, 2014
It was great. Fun fast pace. There was always something to do.
Quality Fast Food
Shift Leader/Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Pleasant Hill, CAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: 40 hours a week
Cons: no accountability among peers
Good Company, Good direction, hired young employees.
Managers were overbearing and lazy
The one who made me quit kept drinking on the job and cussing at us.
Being one of the Guys
General Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free food, incentives, friendly work environment, easy work.
Cons: minimum wage, chemistry of crews
A fast paced job that is a step above normal fast food. It's service with a smile in the "better burger" industry that prides itself on serving quality food and demonstrating outstanding customer service. While the Five Guys does not advertise, they feel that the money should go back into the crew through awards and incentives. While this is a great philosophy, through the years of my employment, that amount given back has dwindled. My concern in that aspect is that employee moral could start to decline, making Five Guys just another job to pay the bills.
Fun and fast paced
Cashier for Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHJuly 10, 2014
One of my favorite jobs, the environment was so inviting. Everyone was helpful and the work days seemed to go by in a blink of an eye.
strong work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIJune 11, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: location from where i lived
Great group of people to work with everyone got along and worked efficiently with one another, made it really fun.
Very Energetic
Assistnat Manager (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAApril 23, 2014
Pros: i loved going in everyday
Cons: very, very long hours with no personal time.
Every day was fun and a joy.
Upper Management needed some more trainging
Very productive
Cashier and cook (Former Employee), Wheaton, ILFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: interacting with customers and co-workers
Cons: getting burns and little cuts frequently
A typical day of work included mainly of taking orders and cooking the food. For me, I closed the store on a regular basis so I helped clean up the store. From working here I learned great customer service skills and an improved sense of urgency. My management was great, I had a great relationship with them. By the end of my employment there, I could honestly say I created a friendship with some of my managers. I also developed some great friendships with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was cleaning some of the heavy equipment, because I had to make sure it was cleaned adequately while trying to lift it. Some of the equipment I would have to lift was about 40 lbs. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be around great people and interact with customers. Every day was different, which added to the experience.
Fast, exciting setting
Cook (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: atmosphere is great
Morning food preperation. Lunch rush. Prep for evening. Evening Rush. Clean store, stow leftover product. Go Home! I learned time management, multitasking, customer service, hard work pays off at paytime. Managers in my experience... I had one awesome, two decent, and 4 unknown or poor in my year or so with the company. Coworkers were for the most part great to work with. Hardest part of this job was keeping with the fast pace of a downtown Phoenix lunch rush. I enjoyed my coworkers, and the environment.
Fast Food is never great
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Watchung, NJJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: food
Cons: low pay min wage
I didnt enjoy working for this company at all
My communication skills grew stronger
my co-workers were great mangment not so much

1 2 3