FIVE GUYS BURGERS & FRIES Employee Reviews

A fun place to work, for a fast food place.
Fryer (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIFebruary 1, 2016
I got along well with my co-workers, so each day was usually pretty fun. I did enjoy working here, though toward the end of my employment there I was getting fewer days scheduled, which was one of my reasons for leaving.
Productive and a fun environment to work at.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, ILJanuary 30, 2016
. Go in and just enjoy working with my team.
. I learned how to work better with people.
. I've learned how to do paperwork morning and night and how to send emails out to my bosses.
. My co-workers are the best I can have they listen to what I tell them to do we help one other out if one other is in need of help its all about team work and that's what my co-workers are all about.
. The hardest part is nothing really I get the job done regardless how hard it is.
. I just enjoy working with my company.
A energy filled work place
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Exciting place to work, fun and insightful workplace. The hardest part of the job may have to be closing. Co-workers are fun and great to work with.
Productive work also a fun and ethusiastic work enviorment
Line Cook/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 21, 2016
I work at a few different five guys restaurants and overall I enjoyed Im very thankful for the opportunities and achievements and even knowledge I gain from working in the unique fast food restaurant. Five guys was my first job I held on to it for three years and enjoyed every bit of it for the most part. I also learned a lot from working there preparing me for a lot of other jobs in the work so I do thank the establishment for the knowledge I was fulfilled with.
Pros
free food on breaks real relax job overall
Cons
some gm run store as dictator bend and go around a lot of rules and higher athorities ignore it
Stressful and no room for advancement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJanuary 20, 2016
This company has no integrity. They say you can make more money with their e for expert program but when you complete all your e's the money isnt given. As far as Im concerned that isnt a legimate excuse.
Pros
free meal when you work
Cons
over worked on closing shifts
Fast-paced, high-energy environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Linn, ORJanuary 7, 2016
Similar to a fast-food environment, but with no drive thru. Meal prep. is fairly simple. When taking orders, you need to be able to loudly shout to the line cook what's being ordered so they can get it on the grill fast. Very high energy; employees are loud, fast moving.
Pros
Free meal for lunch, tips
Cons
No benefits
Challenging and exciting
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJanuary 7, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company. I left on good terms to continue my education. It was exciting! It was kind of like performing in front of a crowd. You are in an open kitchen in customer view. I helped open multiple locations and the sales were insane! $20,000+
in sales in one day!!! The owners are amazing people, super friendly. One piece of advice is to make sure to smile! Be loud.. it requires nonstop communication. Show up to work on time. I had spent hours sweeping peanuts and for some reason it made me crave them really badly all the time. Their food is excellent. They don't have a freezer. All of their patties and fries are made by hand. You will have to complete hours of training videos. They have extremely high standards and will not tolerate corners being cut. Once you get the groove of things its a piece of cake.I truly enjoyed this experience.
Pros
Bonuses for 100% secret shopper scores
Cons
N/A
Professional, Fast Paced Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJanuary 6, 2016
I was directly responsible for overall store operations. These tasks ranged from inventory, deposits, labor, hiring, training, scheduling, etc. This job was very demanding and fast paced. I really learned a lot from this experience. I was well liked by my co-workers and made the job fun but kept things professional. The hardest part of the job was it being very busy as it is located inside of an airport.
My favorite and memorable experience at Five Guys
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 30, 2015
A very great company to work at if you looking for your first job. I had the best experience there great co workers and management. the hardest part of the job is when its very busy because you have to move at a fast paste.
Alright place to work
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 18, 2015
pay was low , management was friendly but some of them didn't do anything. would not return. Hated having everything covered in grease
Pros
nothing good
Cons
no free food, management was bad
Team Work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLDecember 15, 2015
Five Guys Burgers an Fries has an amazing environment to work in, it made me learn amazing skills. The crew has great communication and made my experience as an employee and customer comforting.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough hours
What I learned working in Five Guys
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 5, 2015
It's Fun, cool and enjoyable working in Five Guys but there is so many cons. Sometimes you have do deal with angry costomers that affects your working mood and Its really hard to work when things got really busy because everything have to be done manually. But the most important thing is I must always remember that this is my job and im doing to please peoples and costomers no matter what happened. Because there is an old saying costumers is always right.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short Breaks, Very busy and no Benefits
Fun place to work and free lunch
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 3, 2015
The food is good and the management is supportive. It is a cool place to work if you have a team player attitude. They also offer you free lunch every shift you work.
Pros
Free lunch, Supportive management
Fun place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 26, 2015
Both Crew and Management were fun to work with. Fast paced place to work, but sometimes too fast meaning you won't get the training that you need.
Pros
free lunches, good co-workers
Cons
don't get the full training you need
decent work enviorment
Crew Member/Cook (Former Employee) –  Canton, GANovember 25, 2015
always under staffed. poor management and schedule planning. Free meals, and unlimited bathroom breaks. hired workers that didn't do their jobs in a timely fashion nor correctly.
Pros
free meals
Cons
not provided adequite cleaning supplies
It was a great job
FIVE GUYS BURGERS & FRIES (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLNovember 22, 2015
Liked working for FIVE GUYS BURGERS & FRIES but did not like the food field.
My typical day at work was fast past.
I learned alot about cooking.
The Managers were nice and my co workers were also very nice.
There was no hard parts for this job.
The most enjoyable part for this job would have to be making the people we cooked for happy!
Pros
30 min breaks
Cons
Fun, fast paced quasi fast food restaurant.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 19, 2015
FUn work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics.
Productive and enthusiastic workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 15, 2015
From the moment you clock in for your shift, you're hitting the ground running in this place of burgercraft. the nonstop pace of customers, smells, and great food around was enough for to stay here for a few years. I loved working at Five Guys. I made alot of friends here and had alot of fun.
interesting
4 Seasons bowling alley (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LANovember 12, 2015
Going to work on a daily base, its quit interesting you never know what to expect. Everyday is something new from the customers to the workers.
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
n/a
Working at Five Guys
table (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 10, 2015
A typical day at work we have alot of customers in im speeding speeding to get the tickets out the way by myself to make there order right in with speed.
What I've learned is how to work with speed.
With my coworkers we always work together as a team.
The hardest part is having like 7 tickets on the table in mangers speeding you to hurry up.