Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Five Guys Burgers and Fries Employer Reviews

Excellent Customers, bad management
Crew Member (Former Employee), Waco, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, tons of hours, worked with your schedule
Cons: no breaks, lazy managers, interpersonal skills severely lacking
Day at work was super fun with the right people, learned a lot about cleaning policies, management was super lazy, didn't have schedule out in time, constantly delegated and hardly ever did anything other than surf their phone. Hardest part of the job was dealing with lazy coworkers. Most enjoyable part was prepping for the day, so morning shift.
Great place to work and gain experience form
General Manager (Current Employee), Bayside, NYMarch 25, 2015
As a manager you have to be very hands on and be involved with the crew. I learned so many things from the company all of which are listed on my resume to increase my skill to pursue a career.
For the price it's better done at home...
Cook (Former Employee), Saugus, MAMarch 23, 2015
In my opinion a job is just a financial relationship, if your employer excepts your work but undervalues your worth then your financially insecure and in a dis-functionally counterproductive financial relationship.
Terrible experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hoover, ALMarch 16, 2015
From a GM that shaved hours off of all the employees and stealing a bonus due to his AMs to a DM that swindled the company out of money, the entire operation was a joke.
Hard work for little pay
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), worcester maMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: very little pay for the job
Five Guys was for the most part a very easy job but you were expected to be a manager/cook. As a manager you had to run your shift and be the grill cook or fry cook. This gave you little time to be a manager..
Fast paced work environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no healthcare, no room for advancement
Five Guys was a good work environment. I liked my co-workers and the management was excellent. I was hired as a crew member and was promoted to a shift leader. It was a very fast paced environment and it taught me how to work quickly and solve problems fast.
Fun
Line Cook and Customer Service (Former Employee), Wichita KsMarch 9, 2015
It was a fun friendly working environment. I learned how to workwith more than one individual in a kitchen. Also learned the proper way to make the perfect burger.
Customer Service
Cashier/Grill Cook (Former Employee), Fresh Meadows, NYMarch 6, 2015
Highly motivated and versatile professional with a strong commitment to learning and growth. Helped with general office duties and maintained cleanliness of work place.
Fast-paced and friendly work environment, each duty is easy to learn and can be a great experience for part-time jobseekers.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Northridge, CAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: free lunches, monthly bonuses, laid back environment, fast-paced and fun setting..
Cons: a lot of work for the pay.
A typical day of work will consist of opening preparation or closing duties along with daily operations. Depending on the station you are placed at via the days "battle plan" you will cook patties, construct toppings on a bun, cook fries, call out orders, or work the register. The most enjoyable part of the job is being behind the line and having a fun time with a great and energetic crew. The Management is strong and teach you the fundamentals of the job with the mindset of you owning the store. I have learned of Five Guys relentless pursuit of perfection and the values they put into their product. One of the hardest parts of the job is closing. There is a lot of attention to detail when it comes to cleaning the store at the end of the day and it can prove to be a long and intense night spent making sure everything is perfect perfect before locking the doors for the night, but that pain-staking attention to detail is what makes the company so successful.
Worst Company
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDMarch 1, 2015
They Undervalued their employees extremely, didn't provide breaks and didn't fallow work permits. It was possibly the worst company I have ever worked for.
Decent place of work
Shift Management (Current Employee), Toms River, NJFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free meal each work day
Cons: mild work place drama, lack of staff
A typical day at work works around preping all food for the next shift. After that we open the store and take customers. Its a nessecity to have orders out in 7 minutes or less. All the while maintaining the store.

You learn the "Five Guys" way to everything. Though time management and the normal already practiced skills for anyone will suffice.

Management is alright.

Co workers are alright.

Hardest part is Closing when short and dealing with secret shoppers

most enjoyable is making customers happy.
Manager was biased toward employees with disabilities
Crew Member (Former Employee), Warren, MichiganFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: switching shift schedules, cutting hours.
Would start on different shifts, morning shift would prep all the necessary items the day, store would open at 11 am, i would work the fryer, grill, and register throughout the day. Night shift would start between 4 and 5 pm. Night shi would finish the day and close at 10pm, then would clean the kitchen area, prep area, and front lobby area, incuding taking out all trash.
Good atmosphere with good management and a fun work place
Crew (Former Employee), Bartlett, TNFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches, wages, atmosphere
The typical work day would be 100-150 customers with no problem and it is easy. I learned to communicate more with my fellow employees and customers and interact with more. My co-workers are fun outgoing people who love to work and take their job seriously when it is time to crack down. The most enjoyable part of the job was cleaning up after hours it is fun and the job is done quickly.
Productive and fun!
Team Member (Former Employee), Hamburg, PAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: one free meal each work shift!
Cons: low salary.
Great staff- a very fun work place.
Managers are flexible and efficient.
Hardest part is dealing with rude customers.
Most enjoyable part is overall environment.
Fun and productive workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Woodstock, GAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free meal every day, drinks all shift, short break if able
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work would usually depend on what kind of day it was. This location was one of the most busiest locations. We would have prep work, cleaning up, and set up every morning before we opened. We had a very fun energetic team, that everyone would work well with each other and help one another out. Everyone got along. You would have to have a lot of time management and be able to work under pressure because of how busy it could get. Our store was known to have over $1,000 in sales in an hour.
fun place to work...
Shift Leader/Manager (Current Employee), Sinking Spring, PAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: free meals when you work
Cons: n/a
punch in, wash your hands and away you go. co-workers are awesome. well knit and friendly environment. great place for young people....and lots of money.
Proactive and fast past environment
Cashier (Former Employee), SarasotaJanuary 15, 2015
On season, like any other restaurant was extremely busy. Management were super helpful and understanding about my schedule because of my school hours. Overall enjoyed and learn many thing from this job.
Very nice people and helpful
General Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: easy and relaxed environment
Cons: no real commision
The job consisted of cold calling business and attempt to win their business by offering a better, faster, cheaper product.
Fun environment, great place to work.
Crew member (Current Employee), Blacklick, OHJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free lunch/30 minute breaks every shift, awesome management, shoppes, fun environment
Cons: no benefits, minimum wage
I generally go into work around 4pm and my job is to tend to the customers/register. I take orders at the register, clean the lobby, such as filling the vinegar bottles, sweeping floors, cleaning tables, stocking the condiments stand, cleaning/stocking the Coke machines, etc.. I also have to clean the bathrooms and do the dishes as my responsibility. At about 8pm, I will head to the back and start catching up on putting the potatoes away for the night, doing the dishes, filling ketchup/mustard bottles, and cleaning the floors until 10pm. At 10pm, it's time to close; that's when I will do the rest of the dishes for the night, change trash cans, take out trash, spray off the hoods and the fry trap, and clean the floors once again. After I'm done with everything in the back, it's time to take all the dishes and start helping my co-workers set up in the kitchen for the morning shifters. Once everything is done, my manager will run through and do a quick evaluation of our job, and send us home for the night.
I have learned a lot from this job, the biggest thing I think I have learned is patience. They say patience is a virtue and indeed they were right. I have learned to be polite with people, VERY patient with people, kind, and I've also learned to put myself in their shoes. This job has actually changed me as a person-in a good way! The management is pretty good. I am very grateful to have the managers that I have, as we are all like a big family. We work together, and they cope with us very well, I couldn't ask for better management. They aren't too hard on us but they aren't – more... too easy on us either. My co-workers are the same. Of course, you have a few co-workers which you might never get along with on a personal level, but I seem to get along well with just about everybody. I never really have a problem with anyone, I see us all just as one big family! I would hate to leave them all, but I need to start making more money!
The hardest part of this job is leaving! - But on a serious note, I don't really think this job is hard in any way. I think the hardest thing has to be cutting potatoes, only because I am too weak to complete the job but it seems easy enough for everyone else! The one thing I love most about this job is making the food. I enjoy talking to the customers but not nearly as much as I enjoy making the food. I hardly get a chance to be in the kitchen because I do well on the register but I love to be in the kitchen and around food! – less
Fast Paced, Loud, Tedious Work, Team Oriented
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: fun people, free meals, flexible schedule
Cons: low pay, no benefits, very physical work
Usually working a 8 hour shift 3pm-11pm. Count the drawers for the morning profit, check to make sure there is enough prep for the night shift, assign stations for the night employees. Oversee shift, send employees on break, count drawers at the end of the night and close a station. I learned how to be a leader, a coach and a mentor. how to keep a cool head under pressure and make sacrifices when need be. I learned how to inspire others to push to be the best that they could be, not for me or for the job but for themselves. The co-workers were all good people with great personalities. Some were not the best workers but not bad people none the less. The hardest part of the job was the low pay and physicality of it. Cutting potatoes, making meat, pressing meat, shaking fries, lifting potatoes, there was a lot of lifting involved throughout the day. Also the fact that soon as you opened the doors you were at the customers mercy, not knowing how busy it would get. I enjoyed everything else about the job.

1 2 3 4 5