Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Five Guys Burgers and Fries Employee Reviews

Fun at FIve Guys
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJune 26, 2015
Pros: Good pay. Great people.
Cons: n/a
Who doesn't want to work along side some awesome people and serve regular and new customers. Burgers and Fries!!! Team members were awesome. But when it comes to management, it seemed like you had to "know somebody" to move up. The store is under new management and I couldn't be happier. Thank you Five Guys for my awesome experience.
Productive and enjoyable work environment.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Macon, Ga.June 24, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches.
Cons: Not enough hours given.
The work environment of Five Guys is professional and friendly. The day is productive and rewarding. The management is friendly and my co-workers were very helpful in my time there. The hardest part of the job was the schedule updates not being digital, so I had to maintain contact with co-workers to know when I would be working at the beginning of the week.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers.
work place with great co workers
cashier (Current Employee), CArson CaJune 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no benefits
i love the people i work with, they keep the job fun, the customer also make it fun due to the way the burgers taste. we have really great burgers and fries.
great starter job
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Trevose, PAJune 19, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: not a lot of upward mobility
Easy job. Love the people and the atmosphere. The corporate rockham 5g are very strict, which makes following the rules simple and easy. The hardest part of the job is the rushes, but when its busy time flies right on by.
Great learning environment for young employees
General Manager (Current Employee), Rochester Hills, MIJune 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, great learning environment for management and employees
Cons: No immediate healthcare for new GMs, no healthcare for assistant managers or crew members
Five Guys is a great job for younger people to want to learn about the food industry who may also want to obtain a management position. I have learned patience, understanding, as well as leadership by working with this company. I now have a better understanding of management.
Not enough hours or pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 12, 2015
Pros: good food
Cons: almost everything
I dreaded this job except for the customers they were great to encounter. I would not ever work there again. I advise whoever is in command of these businesses should pay more and stop being sparingly with hours.
Overall Fun
General Manager (Former Employee), NYJune 11, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Very late nights sometimes
Day is fast and Hard. You need to be able to keep up. The food is great. The music is Great. Your managers work right along side you which is great for teamwork.
An Honest Look at Fast Food
Fry Cook (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJJune 10, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Not a lot of hours
The staff was stern but fair, teaching the employees about independent food preparation. Trying to balance the cooking and customer interaction was a bit of a challenge for workers who could not multitask.
Fast paced with great pay.
General Manager (Current Employee), Trussville, ALJune 8, 2015
Pros: Free meal, shopper bonuses
Cons: Policy changes frequently.
My favorite part of the job was the food quality being top priority. Least favorite part was difficult staffing and promoting within.
One of my favorite jobs I've held to date
Crew Member (Former Employee), EugeneJune 8, 2015
Pros: One free lunch per shift
A typical day for me at Five Guys was my opening shifts. We would all get there around 6, get coffee and start opening the store. Opening lobby was the easiest of the jobs, and only needed one person. Another person to open up the line and cook bacon, and the rest of us would start on the morning prep. It was my favorite part of the day. We'd all be tired, and just chat idly while we did our work, catch up about TV shows and life events, it was never usually very stressful and we would end the mornings with our free meals before the store opened.

The work was normal line cooking, and it was possible to get overwhelmed easily depending on the day, but my team was always there for each other and we always managed to bust out whatever rushes came our way and could keep a smile on each others faces.

I think the hardest part of the job was spending your entire shift doing one position all day, especially the physically taxing ones like fry station and grill. After a while you'd get really tired, and there wasn't always someone as well trained as you to take over, so you'd stay in that spot for the good of the team.
Productive Lifestyle of Five Guys
Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 8, 2015
Pros: Free Meal's Daily, Good Music, Great Environment
Very good atmosphere and environment. Staff always works hard, managers a little bit harder. Is acceptable with requests off and strives for the perfect score.
Awesome workplace but lacking in pay/benifits
Shift Leader (Former Employee), ArizonaJune 2, 2015
Pros: Great people and atmosphere
Cons: low pay, higher management blows
Typical workdays were exciting and fun with a great atmosphere for the most part. I learned quite a bit of people skills and received a lot of customer service experience. Co-workers were great and usually had quite a bit in common with each other. Really the only downside was that it paid so little for the amount of work they expect you to put in.
fast paced work environment
line cook/cashier/dishwasher/food prep (Former Employee), New Albany, INJune 2, 2015
Pros: discounted food, friendly atmosphere
Cons: too much work not enough pay
not enough advancement, low pay rate, too many hours on split shift/doubles not enough personal time, essentially bad scheduling, always understaffed, music in the work place was always a plus
Fast paced and exciting
Cashier (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 2, 2015
Pros: Free food. You get to meet all types of people.
Cons: short breaks. Not enough pay
Amazing experience knowing you served a customer well!
A normal day is fast paced and you have to be quick. Never want customers to walk into a dirty eating area.
I've learned to be fast and efficient.
The management is great as long as you are on task.
Hardest past of the job is when an order is taken incorrectly and disturbs the flow of the team. Five Guys is most definitely a team effort. You must match the pace of your co-workers
Nice place to work but a lot of problems with managment
Customer service (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: freee lunches.
Cons: the breaks were depending in the hours i worked.
this was a good job only that I needed to learn a lot I am a fast learner.
it had bad managment but everything else was good,Five Guys Manhattan.
NOT your typical fast food joint
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Evans, GAMay 31, 2015
Pros: Free meal when you are on shift, possible weekly bonus, tips plus hourly wage
Cons: no benefits
Usual food service work (taking and filling orders, cleaning) customers aren't the typical fast food type.Nice bonus structure if you do well on secret shops. Your experience will depend on your franchisee. I worked for 2 different franchisees and one was great, the other was a typical fast food franchisee (you as an employee are just a number and the only thing that matters is the bottom line at the end of the day)
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), CaliforniaMay 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, fun environment
Cons: low pay, lots of work, poor management
A really fun place to work. Easy to move up and advance to shift lead etc. Lots of work for low pay. and some poor management.
Easy and fun
crew member (Former Employee), prince fredrick, MdMay 28, 2015
A typical day of work consisted of preparing and taking orders. Managment was good. Co-workers were not always on the same professional level as managment or myself. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the hostility and work enviroment. The most enjoyable was mostly everyone was fun to work with, and relaxed. Five guys policys are very relaxed and their goal is to make it a fun workplace!
good part time/ summer job
Crew Member (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 27, 2015
Typical day consisted of working cash register or bun station.
Learned to work in a fast-paced environment.
Management was fair and organized.
Co-workers were very helpful and answered any and all questions new workers had.
Hardest part was having to close the restaurant at night.
Most enjoyable part was helping customers
producibe and fun place, i enjoi work with the team and friends
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Plano, TxMay 21, 2015
Pros: was fun
Cons: sometimes we don't have much time for eat. but its ok, is part of the job
I worked in Five guys in Plano place, every day all work hard like a real team, we make all together, we do is so fast, the most fast we can, we enjoy funny things and talk with the customers who assist at the restaurant more frequently.

1 2 3 4 5

$8.50 per hour
Shift Manager
$9.25 per hour

Five Guys Burgers and Fries Photos

Keeping the shelves clean and organized at all times.