Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Five Guys Burgers and Fries Employee Reviews

producibe and fun place, i enjoi work with the team and friends
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Plano, TxMay 21, 2015
Pros: was fun
Cons: sometimes we don't have much time for eat. but its ok, is part of the job
I worked in Five guys in Plano place, every day all work hard like a real team, we make all together, we do is so fast, the most fast we can, we enjoy funny things and talk with the customers who assist at the restaurant more frequently.
Fast paced and productive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 18, 2015
Typical day
• Take in customers orders and recall back what they ordered
• Provide excellent customer service to every customer
• Helped out on line work when needed

What I learned
• How to provide excellent customer service to customers that allowed me to engage more with strangers

Hardest part
• Not enough income

Most enjoyable
• Working in a fast paced environment that allowed the employers to stay busy
Fun and entertaing place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VaMay 14, 2015
Pros: Free meal when you worked
Cons: long hours
The atmosphere of the job was incredible.....with the classic rock music, the potatoes in the lobby, and the oil it was awesome. However upper management needs to come back down to reality and learn that they put their pants on the same way everyone does in the morning!
Good place to move up, terrible job security
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Free Food, Opportunity to Move up
Cons: Terrible Job Securtiy, High Turnover
I was promoted to Assistant manager. Good place to move up, but every day, I was worried that I might lose my job. This may have been due to the management style but regardless, I didn't have a good time there.
Five Guys
Team Member (Former Employee), Richmond, V.AMay 12, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: no health benefits, 15 minute breaks
A typical day at work includes checking the restrooms, dining area as well as the back area. Everything must be clean and kid friendly at all times. Communication is key. One must be able to communicate with the customers as well as team members. I learned that in order to get the job done more effectively, one must be able to work under pressure and be able to speak up when in need of assistance. There is nothing wrong with asking for help.
Fun place to work and people to work with!
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 11, 2015
Five Guys Burgers and Fries was a very fun environment to work in, the people were a great time, and going to work everyday was fun and exiting!
Great company
Employee (Current Employee), Derry, NHMay 6, 2015
This company has high standards that are followed very strictly. It is great to see such pride in quality of food and service.
Review
Line Crew (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Non-GM management.
Takes a lot of your time even when asked off for special occasions. Nice and friendly environment but needs more structure and participation from management.
You stayed in one position for several hours and occasionlly moved
Crew Worker (Former Employee), Cockeysville, MDApril 28, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Management was poor, poor pay, never worked with you
Horrible, management was horrible and they were sexist and never gave our raises or promotions unless they "liked" you or you were attractive enough
Great enviroment!!!
Manager of two locations, helped open (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 13, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and very easy to move up i the work place
Cons: Low tolerance for annything not work related
Its a typical restaurant but with great benefits and a great management structure. you get a bonus for staying on top of your work and keeping the place up to par. they are very caring and very great people to work around.
Unfortunate decline in business stature
Shift Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Winter Park, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: One free meal per shift, weekly bonuses (if you get a high score)
Cons: Poor insurance/health plans for managers, no benefits for crew members, breaks are not mandatory and short, high turnover rate, poor management
Depending on the shift, work can either be extremely slow or hectic, thanks to the area. You either spend two hours prepping, or two-and-a-half to three hours closing, and deal with customers and your crew for the five-to-six hour shift you have.

Unfortunately, there is an extreme turn over rate within the particular store I work with. In the almost two years I've been there, I am the only remaining crew member from my "original" team. Many people don't take the job seriously, and while I very much enjoy working with my team members, what should take an hour takes three due to laziness or distractions.

Management is suffering. The stores do not half the amount of managers they need, and while it is trying to be fixed, three months later, nothing has changed. The hardest part about this job is simply the stress of dealing with customers and the crew; but people are people, and personalities are different. It comes with the territory.

The most enjoyable part of the job? Working with a good crew can make the hours fly by.
OK
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), charlotte,NCApril 8, 2015
I liked this job very much. Very simple concept, great crews, and great food. Other then shady things going on from upper management this is a great place to work.
Team member
Team Member (Former Employee), Akron, OHApril 2, 2015
Pros: Free meals, benefits
Cons: No benefits for part time
A typical day at work for me was to come into work was to greet my co workers in a friendly manner. I learned how to be a team player. loved my managers, they always encouraged and supported me moving up and learning new things. I loved all my co workers. they were very supportive. The hardest part of my job was I picked up a lot of overtime and I always over worked myself. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my co workers.
Five Guys
Cashier (Former Employee), Garden City Park, NYApril 1, 2015
For someone just entering the work force fast food is one of the most easiest establishments to join. I have learned some great experience for my time working
Excellent Customers, bad management
Crew Member (Former Employee), Waco, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, tons of hours, worked with your schedule
Cons: no breaks, lazy managers, interpersonal skills severely lacking
Day at work was super fun with the right people, learned a lot about cleaning policies, management was super lazy, didn't have schedule out in time, constantly delegated and hardly ever did anything other than surf their phone. Hardest part of the job was dealing with lazy coworkers. Most enjoyable part was prepping for the day, so morning shift.
Great place to work and gain experience form
General Manager (Current Employee), Bayside, NYMarch 25, 2015
As a manager you have to be very hands on and be involved with the crew. I learned so many things from the company all of which are listed on my resume to increase my skill to pursue a career.
For the price it's better done at home...
Cook (Former Employee), Saugus, MAMarch 23, 2015
In my opinion a job is just a financial relationship, if your employer excepts your work but undervalues your worth then your financially insecure and in a dis-functionally counterproductive financial relationship.
Fun work place with good people and a good atmosphere
Grey Shirt/Manager (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Management
Great place to work, fun environment and great people. Everyone enjoys coming to work. The only real con would be the lack of stability among the general managers and their superiors.
Terrible experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hoover, ALMarch 16, 2015
From a GM that shaved hours off of all the employees and stealing a bonus due to his AMs to a DM that swindled the company out of money, the entire operation was a joke.
Hard work for little pay
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), worcester maMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: very little pay for the job
Five Guys was for the most part a very easy job but you were expected to be a manager/cook. As a manager you had to run your shift and be the grill cook or fry cook. This gave you little time to be a manager..

1 2 3 4 5

$8.25 per hour
Shift Leader
$10.00 per hour

Five Guys Burgers and Fries Photos

Keeping the shelves clean and organized at all times.