Five Guys Employee Reviews

Okish
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 17, 2017
It was a good first job, but management was horrible. There is a need for constant communication and is a fast paced environment. I recommend it to anyone who loves Five guys
Most Enjoyable
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 16, 2017
This is the most enjoyable job I've had yet. I was able to learn things quickly because managment and Co-workers were so friendly and knew exactly what they were doing, but if you didn't they were eager to help. Pay was great and hours were decent considering I worked part time or near full time. I enjoyed the flexibility of shifts and hours. Though if i'm working full time i'd like it to be consistent.
Pros
Great pay, Benifits, Discounts, Friendly Co-workers, Positive Enviorment
Cons
Sometimes you find yourself trying to do to many things at once or to much of one thing.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 15, 2017
When I was there the managers were understanding, and always willing to help. My co workers were like family, and coming to work was actually enjoyable. There would rushes that lasted hours, but it helped the shift fly by. Overall, great place!
Pros
Free food!
Cons
Peanut shells on the floor can be a hassle
decent
Cashier/Toppings (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJNovember 14, 2017
wouldn't do it again but it was an experience. Manager was all over the place because there was only one too much was put on his shoulders and often did other staff have to pick up slack
Fast paced fun environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2017
A typical day at work started with all of the food prep for the day, and filling condiments. then cashiering. i learned excellent team work and problem solving. There was no hard part of the job and the most enjoyable was working with my co workers and meeting new customers. Management was very friendly and willing to teach with chances to advance
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low pay
Not that great
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 13, 2017
Unless you are very passionate about burgers and fries, you wont care to much for this place. The management has changed hands since I worked there, hopefully it has improved greatly.
If you put the effort in, it's a fun job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 13, 2017
I've been working at 5 guys for about 5 months and there's been chill days where not a lot of customers come in, and there's been hectic days with endless amounts of customers. But I always have a good time working here because my coworkers are great people and when we work together, this job can be fun.
Pros
free lunches, not a lot of stress
Cons
closing and opening can be hard work, rushes can get intense
Very good first job and you will have fun working there
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 13, 2017
This is a very good first job, you will have fun with your coworkers and also working there, Also the pay is good and I would recommend this job to anyone
Good college job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 12, 2017
The management when i worked here could be inappropriate at times and unreliable. Getting free cheeseburgers and fries was awesome though. I like the way they do buisness.
Fast-paced workplace.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 12, 2017
A typical day at Five Guys consists of taking orders at the register, cleaning the lobby and restrooms, working on the line in the kitchen, and preparing produce and other items. The most enjoyable part about the job is knowing that you have the chance to make someone's day and create a lively atmosphere for everyone in the store.
Pros
Employee meals
Cons
Scheduling conflicts
ok.
Manager/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316November 11, 2017
the normal day at five guys was a nice day overall. the work was fast paced and there was never really any downtime because they were always busy. I enjoyed the experience overall because by the time you get there you already leaving. the time flies.
everyone is friendly and out going.
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rossford, OHNovember 9, 2017
working at five guys is fun but there are times where things just seemed off to me. scheduled hours would taken off schedule and hours were cut for no reason. sometimes you weren't given the bonus that you worked for and sometimes tips weren't split fairly. management was great for the most part there were just times where you wouldn't receive any hours for a couple a weeks even after asking because the manager favored one employee. again it was overall a great place to work at there were just a few things that didn't seem quite right
Pros
free meals
Cons
no fair hours, scheduling problems from management
fast paced work place
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2017
Was a fast paced store but they couldn't work with my school schedule at the time. It's definitely a place for first time workers to apply to. And there is definitely room for people to grow in company.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care
typical workday
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 8, 2017
cashier work,wash dishes,cleaning.restock,takeout trash,check bathrooms,repeat everything all day long. Have secret shoppers that randomly popup around the store.
Pros
Freemeal
Cons
terrible pay
Sort of good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 8, 2017
I first liked the job at Five Guys because of the people, but I was working the register because that was what I was trained as, but as time went by, I got switched to lobby person or "janitor" and I absolutely hated it
Pros
Free food
Cons
Very little timed breaks
Productive, fun place with all the french fries you could eat
Employee (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PANovember 7, 2017
Five Guys was a really great experience for me and I learned a lot. The workplace for the most part was very balanced except when we got lunch and dinner rushes. Overall a great and fun place to work.
Pros
Employee meals, good pay
Cons
Short breaks
Not bad
Crew (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2017
Pros
- Good atmosphere to work (depends on the location & people)
- Flexible working hours

Cons
- Understaff due to labor cost
- No Free Meal, No Employee Discount, or No Benefits for Crews
- Sometimes expected to stay longer than usual shift
- Secret Shop
- Huge mess during rushes yet it's expected to be clean (More mess the longer it takes)
- Sometimes music is too loud that you can't hear anything what customer say
- Possibly no breaks are given
* during holidays
* when someone calls out and there is no replacement

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Overall, my experience working in Five Guys isn't great or bad. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Limited Menu, No Free Meals, Understaff
Fun, fast pace environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 3, 2017
This company is awesome to work for. Everything is very organized and makes running shifts smooth. The stores are very clean since the crew and owner takes pride in what they do.
good work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 3, 2017
Quick during a rush,
slow on some days.
communtcin is bad during a rush sometimes
Good people to work with
customer are good
there are srite shopper that come in ever other week
Pros
free lunch
Cons
30 min bracks
Active workplace and fun
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 3, 2017
This workplace allows the employee to build relationships with co-workers and customers while enjoying work. The environment gave the sense of being able to talk to managers about problems one may have had.
Pros
Free lunch, tips and friendly environment.
Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Guys. Our community is ready to answer.