Five Guys

Five Guys Employer Reviews

Never got bored business was always busy.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLJuly 8, 2014
Pros: not boring
Cons: working over nights when i had to go to school.
The resurant was located on South beach which made it a fun place to work. The team member were helpful. The job required late night work which was not always a good thing when I had school teh next morning.
Fun, Energetic
Manager/ Store leader/ Line worker (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free meals, fun work environment
Cons: no smoke breaks, tattoos must be covered, bonus cuts
Five guys was always a fun place to be, even on the nights where we where in the weeds the way the team picked each other up always made things go easier. A normal day as a shift leader i would come in and check to see that i was set up for success by going over my check list. I would count prep, check to make sure everything NCOO (Neat, Clean, Organized, – more... Operational) from the previous shift. Any problems that needed fixed i would report to the AM manager. After that i would check my "battle plan" Who i had on shift, Sales for the day, and what station i wanted each team member to work that day, if i wanted to train someone ext. ext. After i was set up i would count the registers from the AM, settle the drawers make a deposit, and count the safe. After all the money was organized i would go on the line so the AM manager could write their daily shift report.Then my crew for the night ( who wasn't there already) would come in and i would tell them the goals for the night, and give them a brief of the night. Once things got settled we would all get to work until 8 pm, and i would start to run breaks. Then at 10 i would lock the store, and we would all close the store. After i counted the PM registers, and wrote my night report i would check the store to make sure it was a perfect close. After i decided we where good enough to get an audit (We had quarterly random Steritech audit) in the am I would then turn the lights off set the alarm, then lock the doors. – less
Would not work here again
Crew (Former Employee), Joplin, MOJuly 7, 2014
Your hours are never the same, you never get off in time and the managers don't treat you well.
Ideal part time employment
Crew Member (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch, flexible schedule
Cons: low pay, no insurance
Preparing all food orders accurately and in a timely manner. Constant cleaning.
Amazing customer service but average to bad treatment towards employees
Crew Member (Former Employee), London, UKJune 17, 2014
Pros: 1 free lunch/shift, tidy well organised upbeat working enwironment, excellent customer service, responsible management team
Cons: super short break, very demanding, unreliable rota, long shifts, minimum wage
While this company provides an excellent service to its customers (quality of food, impeccable hygiene etc), the job is extremely demanding from an employee perspective and unless you're thick skinned, the benefits fade away in front of the disadvantages (minimum wage, long shifts, minimum break imposed by law - only 30 min in 8 very demanding hrs!- – more... etc). The management team is quite upbeat in terms of teaching by example, but their expectations are at times unfair. – less
It was a productive, fast pace environment with great customers and crew members
Customer Service (Former Employee), 4025 Richmond Road, Warrensville Heights OH 44122June 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: breaks, worked 21 days straight
A typical day at work would be, stocking, taking orders, cleaning, helping my crew member's out, and checking on the customers making sure there satisfied .
I learned how to get people to buy thing, so sales. I learned how to still have a smile on my face and give great customer service even with a mean customer.
The management is ok, crew members don't – more... have any benefits, just the managers.
There wasn't anything hard about the job.
The most enjoyable thing about the job would have to be the crew members, we were all like a family. – less
Great communication with leadership.
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Shrewsbury, MAJune 17, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: inconsistent work schedule, no set hours
I had a great working relationship with the owner of the franchise and the district managers. I learned a great deal from the leadership which helped me develop excellent skills.
Speedy and fast
Grill Cook (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 16, 2014
Typical day of work consist of getting orders out within seven minutes. The co-workers are pretty cool.
Its not fun at all.
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 16, 2014
This job is ful of mess and trouble. i leard how to cook and to interact with the customers. My management doesn't do there jobs
Manage a crew while upholding high standards
Manager (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJune 13, 2014
Pros: 30min breaks free lunch
Cons: no benefits, underpaid
I would come in count all the money in the store, prep every item on our menu, do deep cleaning projects. Provide outstanding customer service and quality control while cooking the product and helping crew members learn and control their area.
Fast paced work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Durham, NCMay 29, 2014
Pros: fast paced, fun co-workers, team oriented
Cons: no benefits unless general manager or above, long nights
Everything at Five Guys is done by human hand, which makes the job fun and also gives the employee a sense of ownership, pride and responsibility. As long as everyone does their part, Five Guys is a fun and easy going place to be employed.
People I worked with were amazing.
Cashier (Former Employee), Springfield, ILMay 27, 2014
Pros: free dinner
Cons: hardly any breaks.
I would clock in and ask my manger what he/she would like me to be on either cashier and lobby, or cashier and toppings. What I learned from this job is that, keeping a restaurant cleaned and being friendly will bring customers into a place and keep coming. The mangers there were good, There was one manger that I did not get along with because he/she – more... was rude and talked to me with disrespect, but I was nice to he/she all the time, I just smiled and walked away. The hardest part and the worst part of the job I didnt like was cleaning the lobby because of the peanut shells all over the floor, and it was hard to clean up. Really it was just a pain in the butt. But I did it. The most enjoyable part of the job would be making friends with the customers and the co-workers. – less
EHHHH
Team Member (Former Employee), Orange, CAMay 26, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: not ideal work enviroment
my coworkers were chill and we became friends. the hardest part of the job was cleaning out the fryers
the best part was being able to talk to customers and see them smile before you bring them their food.

they changed procedures that would hurt sales all the time.
being in culinary I have standards to food and if i could i would do it right all the – more... time instead of making something where people have a chance to hate it and complain about it. – less
Very hard work
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no raises, no benefits, no paid holidays
This job is good, but it is hard work with no benefits, raises and no paid holidays.
fast paced work environment
Crew Member (Current Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHMay 21, 2014
Pros: co-workers are amazing and some of the managers
Cons: general manager doesn't talk with respect all the time
A typical day is getting assigned to a station, stocking station make sure that everything is operational. The hardest part of the job is learning the different stations in a timely manner.
upbeat workplace
Crew member (Former Employee), Erie, PAMay 15, 2014
Pros: free employee meals, upbeat enviroment
Cons: tension between crew
a day at five guys is .. busy for the most part . theres always always something to do . I learned a lot of responsibility there , and what its like working with a team . I didn't care too much for the management , I personaly think it was poor but I don't know too much about managing a business .
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Gainesville, VAMay 14, 2014
Pros: training, free lunches/dinner
Cons: not enough on-going challenges
As a part-time employee, this job was the best experience I have had to date. Five Guys offers training even for part-timers. This in itself is a great value. It helped me prepare on how to do certain jobs and creates better employee engagement. Being a "cashier" also increased my awareness on the importance of providing excellent customer service.
Managers were great co- workers need to grow up
Interim Manager Line Cook and Cashier (Former Employee), Burlington, MAMay 13, 2014
Pros: free meal every shift
Cons: co-workers
My managers were spot on. They were on top of their job and tasks at hand and constantly set up the crew for success. The non managers were high school kids that acted like children. Between the extra long breaks and laziness. nothing was ever done and would constantly talk smack and insult people behind their back.
Sales associate and cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDMay 8, 2014
While working at Five Guys I was cashier and prepped and prepared the burgers and clean and stock the lobby. I learned time efficiency.Working there was fun i had great co workers and a great manager.
Five Guys
Cashier (Former Employee), Wayne, PAMay 8, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: low pay and no benefits
A regular work day was hectic and very fast paced.
I learned how to build confidence with interacting with people.
I also learned how to effectively communicate with others as well
as being a team player.
Management could have been better.
The hardest part about working here was to keep a smile on your face regardless of what was going on. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job was that once in a while a customer will say something to make your day, and make you see that it's going to get better. – less

1 2 3 4 5