Five Guys

Five Guys Employee Reviews

Fun job!
Cook (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAMay 20, 2015
Schedules were very flexible and management was always cooperative. Fast paced job but very rewarding. Great summer job!
Fun and energetic place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Midvale, UTMay 19, 2015
Typically one would walk into work and start immediately. The over all atmosphere is loud and fun. My co-workers and I were close and could even be considered friends.
Hard to get a foot into the door
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee), Pewaukee, WIMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Bad management
I, at first, really liked my job. Then a month goes by and I'm hardly even working there, they weren't scheduling me. I finally got tired of this, and they told me that I wasn't a fast worker. I only worked 2 days a week and was trained by a manager that didn't care anymore. I don't know how to get any faster or a become a better worker if I don't work at all. There is so much drama there, and not only that, but they are very discriminate towards girls working there.
productive
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 18, 2015
well run and fairly managed and was never a problem with anybody in the workplace no matter what was going on. people came in and out of the store with no problem
It was good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vacaville, CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Get a free meal for lunch break and a lot of hours
Cons: not enough pay
This job is food service which I already have a lot of experience of. I basically did everything from taking orders, cleaning the work place and preparing the food. The boss was somewhat flexible with having off days but he has a hard time trusting people when people call out when they aren't feeling well. He gave me a lot of hours but I felt like the more I worked the less money I was getting.
Tips
Cashier (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAMay 7, 2015
Pros: Secret Shopper Bonuses
Cons: Not really flexible on scheduling
Great job, lots of bonuses, easy clean up due to no use of trays & real silverware. Great Advancement opportunities. Competitive pay.
Fun
Manager (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIMay 4, 2015
Job is strenuous and tiring. It's pretty hot. its a lot of work for little pay. management is usually horrible. Some bosses have favorites. hours are crazy. Sometimes its not enough people on a sift to do a good job but it will be expected.
Energetic environment
Crew Member/Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Edgewater, NJMay 1, 2015
Great job, coworkers were easy to get a long with, scheduling was made easy and worked around my school schedule, managers were easy to work with.
Fun work place
Night Manager (Former Employee), Temecula, CAMay 1, 2015
As a Manager, I learned how to train and work with a group of people. It also helps to learn how to deal with customers and make the environment a good place to be at.
Fun work environment with achievable advancement goals
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Temecula, CAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, good friends
Cons: No benefits, low pay
My Five Guys experience was enjoyable. I spent nearly 2 years there, the last half being upper management, and I enjoy working with people in order to gratify their needs in a timely and appreciative way. The hardest part of working at Five Guys, is having to balance great food, with excellent customer service. While the best part is being able to make food with good friends. I got along very, very, well with my coworkers. I'm still in touch with them now. In review, there are some good times and some not so good times working at Five Guys, but it is an overall good place to work at.
Busy and fun workplace
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Cary,N.CApril 29, 2015
Pros: Family was allowed to eat free
Cons: Not Applicable
Started food preparation early, weighing and sizing burgers. Management was on top of their duties, coworkers were enjoyable and responsible. Preparing the food for the day was the hardest part. The most enjoyable part of my job there was the overall work environment.
My Particular story was bad
Crew Member (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDApril 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: short lunches, poor scheduling
There was never enough food prepared in the mornings, nights were severely short staffed. Blatant favoritism to morning crew. Blatant use of drugs. Manager was very bad at ordering enough food. Poor pay compared to other places in the area. Bad scheduling, always interfered with schooling.
Five Guys Employment Review.
Cashier (Former Employee), Springfield, NJApril 25, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, consideration.
Cons: Wages.
Five Guys is a good company to work for. They believe in advancement in employees who show promise. The environment is very positive and they encourage personal responsibility and accountability. My co-workers were awesome. Management was pretty good, too. They actually listened when we spoke to them.
The hardest part of the job was maybe the late nights, sometimes we got out after midnight. The most enjoyable part was the environment. I enjoyed that job.
bad place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee), Flowood, MSApril 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: stressful long hours
Bad work place long hours no breaks people call in all the time and you;re doing two to three people job.manangement only care about their own backs and could care less about the crew
OK
Team Member (Former Employee), State College, PAApril 17, 2015
It was ok. I usually came in early and had the morning prep work done before employees started showing up. I put the ingredients on the burgers and that was ok but sometimes I got yelled at for not going fast enough when I was the fastest burger dresser they had for a long time. I did close work with the manager which was a great experience. Co workers would slack off when im working cuz they are lazy and never got in trouble unless I told them to do something and they wouldn't do it so I went to the manager.
Great Place
Crew Member (Current Employee), The Villages, FLApril 12, 2015
Love the job, great place to get experience dealing with the public. Management does have it's issues from what ive seen.
Wonderful place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee), Bealeton, VAApril 9, 2015
Cons: that it had to end
nothing bad to say about the five guys corporation. Gave me a chance to work and show case my skills. No discrimination of back ground or any thing else for that matter, and your work place is one of the best environments ive worked for or in
Easy at times fun work place with the right co-workers.
Manager In Training (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: i felt underpaid and overworked
Busy or not the work is easy You learn how to do everything whether its from the managers or the employees. The management was poorly picked in my opinion. The hardest part of the job was working by myself usually a 4 person job Most enjoyable was the customers
Fun workplace (For the Most part)
Cashier (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 2, 2015
Pros: Meeting Different people every shift
Cons: Poor attitudes
On a typical day it is very busy and hectic. Very fast paced work. I liked it the most because the customers were really appreciative of the work and quality of food we were serving. Best Restaurant I've worked at BY FAR.
Fast work place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Austell, GAApril 1, 2015
Pros: secret shop money
Cons: no raises
Work day consist of great customer service, preparing fresh food and counting inventory. Everyone worked together to keep the job running smooth. Hardest part of the job was making huge orders (bus loads).

1 2 3 4 5

$40,000 per year
Cook
Cashier/Customer Service

Five Guys Photos

This is how it's done in ATLANTA