Five Guys

Five Guys Employee Reviews

n/a
Cook (Former Employee), east hanover, NJJuly 27, 2015
n/a...........................................................................................................
Outstanding Work Culture
MANAGER (Current Employee), Tinley ParkJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Great Atomosphere
Every day at work is a day I'm going to laugh. My store has so much fun at work, while we are working. We come together as a team and work hard and make the experience for the customer entertaining when all we are doing is having fun. Even through rushes the team at Tinley Park comes out strong. My GM and even my DM / AAM have all helped me mold into manager with an optimistic out look on working and it rubs off on the crew. Practice what you preach, and know how to answer questions for as to why we do things that we do. To always be able to explain something to a crew memeber why do certain things. A happy staff means happy customers and Five Guys is really showing that through who they employ. Hardest part of the job is keeping everyone organized when the first rush comes in.
Fun and Productive
Cashier (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, All the Fries you can eat
I am usually on time. I normally arrive an hourly or on time. When I get to work I normally jump in and help with whatever needs to get done. Usually there's not much for me to do so I have to find something to do. the hardest part about my job is when I get my schedule, I am scheduled to work one day out the week and I have to take care of my family with this job. Also, my name is constantly being called. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it's a little laid back, we have fun with each other.
Busy workplace
Cook (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, breaks, free peanuts
Fun place to work, always stayed busy and the environment was friendly. Learned many important details that can be applied in the kitchen.
five guys
crew member (Current Employee), galleria mallJuly 22, 2015
Pros: free meals.
Cons: low pay
Five guys has actually been a very enjoyable place to work. Although lately there have been a lot of changes to our crew and management. My hours have started to decline and in turn has affected my income. I have needs that require tending to and i need something that can provide the lifestyle that i want to live.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Pelham road, SCJuly 21, 2015
Good job for someone with a HS education, and they promote from within the company.Very hard working people in management.
Nice people good crew
Cook/Shift Manager (Former Employee), La Quinta, CAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: free meals, seceret shopper, bounses
Cons: scheduling, peanuts on floor high signs to clean
very fast pace gotta be quick and learn fast
strong management and very good music
simple menu and ordering system
overall good company to work for a lot of advancement opportunities
Joy
Crew Member (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Flexible Schedules
Over all a typical day for me at Five Guys or any place, starts and ends with a smile. I don't mind having a bit of fun while I get my tasks completed, but work comes before anything.
first job was fast and fun.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 8, 2015
great place to work. I had good management and good co-workers. everyone worked together for the most part. like working in front of the customers made it fun and a good aide to do things fast and efficient.
Very energetic environment/ Fun atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee), Mechanicsville, VAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: bonus compensation
Cons: went from a family type business to a corperation
I enjoyed working for this company for many years. Until the management changed .Went from a family run business to a corporation and lost some of the personal feel the business once had.
Productive and fun work place providing quality customer service.
Manager (Former Employee), PAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare
The entire Five Guys crew provide a very warming and comfortable atmosphere for it's customers 24/7. We provide quality customer service to all of our customers no matter how high the business volume is to ensure that ALL of our customers return.
productive
Cashier/lobby (Former Employee), Pleasant Hill, CAJune 27, 2015
really good place to work, got needed hours, pleasing atmosphere, good managment.

co workers good
not a hard job

typical day was pretty easy and everything went fine
Great place to learn customer service
Cook (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAJune 26, 2015
Pros: great food
Cons: super part-time job
Daily prep for lunch & dinner. Certified for grill & fry side. Front of the House, cleaning, moping & trash pick-up. Not much more to say @ this time.
Very fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 25, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: poor attitudes of co-workers
Typical day starts with food prep, then opening doors and serving customers, the customers are awesome. The best part of the job is talking to the customers, and the music in the background.
Five Guys
Supervisor (Former Employee), Washington DCJune 24, 2015
i had great team members they worked with me and never complain bout anything. Over all i would recommend anyone to work their.
Burger Place
Team Leader / Food Preparer (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJune 23, 2015
Pros: Customer interaction
Cons: Not very busy
* Customer Service * Took orders * Prepared orders * Prepared food * Janitorial duties

I provided all of the services listed above on a daily basis.
First Job
Cashier/ Crew Member-part-time (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJune 17, 2015
The food is delicious and this taught me what I needed to know about working in a fast paced environment dealing with all types of customers.
Fun Work place
Crew Member (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 15, 2015
Pros: Shopper Program
Cons: No hours!
Ensured that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment. Took customer orders, maintained fast, accurate service and positive relations
Operated the grill and sandwich maker in an efficient and safe manner
Operated cash register accurately and maintained proper control of company assets
Very Enthusiastic
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Greensburg, PAJune 14, 2015
Pros: Half off of food for employees.
Cons: Expectations from management
Great place to work. Needs better management skills. Very busy.
Not a solid staff. I had a few issues with training and learning from the management. It seemed they didn't want to teach after a few days.
Enjoyable fast-paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJune 4, 2015
A typical day is a fast paced environment, taking peoples orders, getting them right as well as processing transactions and handling cash. You learn how to work as a team and be a fair team player. You get extremely close to your managers because they are just like your friends as well as getting close to your co-workers. The hardest part of the job is being able to work in a fast paced place in such a short period of time. The enjoyable part is being able to work with such great people and making people enjoy the quality they pay for.

1 2 3 4 5

$40,000 per year
Cashier/Customer Service
$8.25 per hour

Five Guys Photos

This is how it's done in ATLANTA