Five Guys Employee Reviews

first job was fast and fun.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 8, 2015
great place to work. I had good management and good co-workers. everyone worked together for the most part. like working in front of the customers made it fun and a good aide to do things fast and efficient.
Very energetic environment/ Fun atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee), Mechanicsville, VAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: bonus compensation
Cons: went from a family type business to a corperation
I enjoyed working for this company for many years. Until the management changed .Went from a family run business to a corporation and lost some of the personal feel the business once had.
Productive and fun work place providing quality customer service.
Manager (Former Employee), PAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare
The entire Five Guys crew provide a very warming and comfortable atmosphere for it's customers 24/7. We provide quality customer service to all of our customers no matter how high the business volume is to ensure that ALL of our customers return.
productive
Cashier/lobby (Former Employee), Pleasant Hill, CAJune 27, 2015
really good place to work, got needed hours, pleasing atmosphere, good managment.

co workers good
not a hard job

typical day was pretty easy and everything went fine
Great place to learn customer service
Cook (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAJune 26, 2015
Pros: great food
Cons: super part-time job
Daily prep for lunch & dinner. Certified for grill & fry side. Front of the House, cleaning, moping & trash pick-up. Not much more to say @ this time.
Very fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 25, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: poor attitudes of co-workers
Typical day starts with food prep, then opening doors and serving customers, the customers are awesome. The best part of the job is talking to the customers, and the music in the background.
Five Guys
Supervisor (Former Employee), Washington DCJune 24, 2015
i had great team members they worked with me and never complain bout anything. Over all i would recommend anyone to work their.
Burger Place
Team Leader / Food Preparer (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJune 23, 2015
Pros: Customer interaction
Cons: Not very busy
* Customer Service * Took orders * Prepared orders * Prepared food * Janitorial duties

I provided all of the services listed above on a daily basis.
First Job
Cashier/ Crew Member-part-time (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJune 17, 2015
The food is delicious and this taught me what I needed to know about working in a fast paced environment dealing with all types of customers.
Fun Work place
Crew Member (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 15, 2015
Pros: Shopper Program
Cons: No hours!
Ensured that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment. Took customer orders, maintained fast, accurate service and positive relations
Operated the grill and sandwich maker in an efficient and safe manner
Operated cash register accurately and maintained proper control of company assets
Very Enthusiastic
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Greensburg, PAJune 14, 2015
Pros: Half off of food for employees.
Cons: Expectations from management
Great place to work. Needs better management skills. Very busy.
Not a solid staff. I had a few issues with training and learning from the management. It seemed they didn't want to teach after a few days.
Enjoyable fast-paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJune 4, 2015
A typical day is a fast paced environment, taking peoples orders, getting them right as well as processing transactions and handling cash. You learn how to work as a team and be a fair team player. You get extremely close to your managers because they are just like your friends as well as getting close to your co-workers. The hardest part of the job is being able to work in a fast paced place in such a short period of time. The enjoyable part is being able to work with such great people and making people enjoy the quality they pay for.
Positive Workplace
Crew (Current Employee), Zephyrhills FLJune 4, 2015
Pros: Free Food
Cons: healthcare
Crew, Five Guys
•Greet customers, take customer orders, and process payments by cash, debit, gift, and credit card.
•Answer telephone calls regarding menu questions and business information.
•Take to-go orders by phone and in person.
•Cook food to fulfill customer orders.
•Inquire about guess experience and respond quickly and courteously to any issues.
•Keep dining room and entrance clean, stocked, and neatly arranged.
•Handle billing for three stores and train new employees.
Fun workplace and great environment to start in the work force.
Fry Cook (Former Employee), simpsonville, SCJune 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, good pay, quality experience.
Cons: not very may hours, manager(s) had bad attitudes towards staff.
A typical day was fun. I learned team work, and how to deal with quick situations. The management could have been a bit better to work with, but over all good to customers and staff. My co-workers were wonderful and helpful, and helped me in getting jobs completed. The hardest part of my job, was getting tasks done quickly enough to start on the next one, while the most enjoyable part, was making amazing food while working with amazing people.
Five Guys culture was great but upper management did not always comply with the culture of Five Guys as a whole.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 31, 2015
Pros: Secret shopper money was great.
Cons: No Breaks
A typical day at work would be a closing shift with a minimum of 4 people including myself. Its particularly slow during this time, but it would tend to pick up around 6 p.m. until we closed at 10 p.m. They ran a very tight ship at this franchise. I learned how to work with a limited amount of resources. Management in the restaurant was also very limited. There were only 4 managers to run across 2 shifts per day. My coworkers were great when we had the right amount or any employees at all. The hardest part of the job was working closing shifts on a regular basis. My family life took a backseat all of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving the customers everyday.
Good work environment and friendly people
Team Member (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAMay 28, 2015
Fun, fast paced. new ways to make food. the management are very good, more reasonable then some places. Co workers are the typical still in high school. The hardest part might be Staying busy when its slow. I enjoyed cooking the food.
Productive and enjoyable environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Sumter, SCMay 24, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable crew members, requisitioned meals.
Cons: Not paid for the amount of labor put in, not enough recognition of good work in each employee.
The customers are always pleased with our great service, some customers even come back just to see the crew members. I learned how to improve my social skills with the customers and seeing to their every need and/or concern. Even with a short staff, the two managers continue to make the store function very well daily and does not let the shortness in staff handicap them. The hardest part of the job can be working double shifts a few days in a row and feeling like your work is being underpaid. The enjoyable aspects are seeing that the customers are pleased with our service and working with a crew that keeps good spirits up.
Fun job!
Cook (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAMay 20, 2015
Schedules were very flexible and management was always cooperative. Fast paced job but very rewarding. Great summer job!
Fun and energetic place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Midvale, UTMay 19, 2015
Typically one would walk into work and start immediately. The over all atmosphere is loud and fun. My co-workers and I were close and could even be considered friends.
Hard to get a foot into the door
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee), Pewaukee, WIMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Bad management
I, at first, really liked my job. Then a month goes by and I'm hardly even working there, they weren't scheduling me. I finally got tired of this, and they told me that I wasn't a fast worker. I only worked 2 days a week and was trained by a manager that didn't care anymore. I don't know how to get any faster or a become a better worker if I don't work at all. There is so much drama there, and not only that, but they are very discriminate towards girls working there.