Five Guys Employee Reviews

Fast paced kitchen enviornment
Crew Member/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 25, 2017
A place much better to work in then most fast food restaurants. Management was good for the most part but fast employee turnover made this more difficult. Kitchen was clean and well taken care of and the staff is primarily on the young side.
Pros
Discounted food.
Fun and Reliable Job
Five Guys (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTOctober 25, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of me making burgers and catching up with the crew. I loved the environment I worked in, it kept the job from lagging and feeling like the day is going by slowly.
Great place to work with a very great atmosphere
Sales (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAOctober 24, 2017
I started as a crew member with a strong crew and great management. I really like the concept of the management to getting their product sold. These guys really know what they are talk about when it comes to getting the customer a great tasting burger. There hasn't been a system this successful on the market.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Great place for tips
Five Guys is Okay
Crew Member/Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 24, 2017
Working for any food service establishment is stressful, but Five Guys tries to keep it fun. The job is basic. Prepare food, serve food, clean up, go home. Mornings are quite peaceful while you prepare the foods you'll be using for the day. Lunch tends to be hectic on a good day, and dead on a bad day. Your hours are subject to business, low business drives up labor costs and pretty much ensures you wont make the hours you need to support yourself. They do pay above minimum wage, but only just. It's an alright job if you just need a little extra cash, but it's certainly not a job you can truly support yourself with.
Pros
You eat Five Guys for free every day!
Cons
You get sent home early a lot due to low business.
Its a good job
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lenox, GAOctober 24, 2017
I want to try something different something I will enjoy. I wanna job that will let me dress casual. But it’s cool for some people i just don’t think it’s for me
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Stressful work environment
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCOctober 23, 2017
My first year there I thoroughly enjoyed working there. After our first GM left it kind of went downhill, they like the play favorites, granted I know everyone has their favorites but sometimes it’s not about who your favorite is but whom is doing the job. They were unfair with pay wages, always told everyone they would receive a pay raise every quarter but would never pull through. The employees were temperamental sometimes they would help you out and sometimes they would do their own thing. After pretty much the same treatment after three years I felt it necessary to leave for health and personal reasons.
Pros
Health benefits, friendly customers
Cons
Unfair management, unfair pay
Pretty OK
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIOctober 23, 2017
Prepared and cooked a lot of food, work quality depended on the manager, schedules were a bit awkward. Customers varied in politeness and neatness, we had to clean up after them regardless.
lots of work no advacement
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAOctober 23, 2017
I have two places to compete with on is Myrtle Beach SC and they cared about there staff and guests I loved working at that one then I moved to Lebanon pa and we'll this was a different story the store manager had his differences with me so he cut my hrs to 5 hrs a week...right before I moved I got promoted to shift lead.. well anyway while in the Lebanon store i seen 3 different store managers and so much turnover it was so sad I had high hopes for it to be my career but not at this one maybe the one in mb but not Lebanon the higher management is just terrible don't work for any of the five guys in Lebanon or any where around here
Pros
free lunch
Productive fun job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTOctober 22, 2017
This was a very fun job for me to have. The environment was fun and there was opportunity for advancement early on in my time there. Overall good experience.
Five Guys
Maintenance Rep (Former Employee) –  Amityville, NYOctober 20, 2017
The food is not bad, but greasy, The co-workers were very friendly, and paid well, I enjoy the staff very much so. I also like the customer service. It is very fast pace, but a friendly environment to be in. I like working with competitive people.
Pros
free food
Cons
Slow work
targeting employees
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CAOctober 20, 2017
Everyone did the exact same job the same way but I was the only one targeted by my general manager. Everyone was on the general manager's good side but me. I did not do anything different from the other employees.
No chance for advancements, poor management, only hires college students
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZOctober 20, 2017
I was only there for about 2 months, and within those 2 months, my hours were cut from a measly 29 hours a week to 18 hours a week. Management was an older man who was all about trying to act younger and party all the time. All college students who didn't care about their job or the customers. Just all around a poor place to work.
Pros
One free meal a day
Cons
No hours, pay was not good at all.
Work was no problem, but management wasn't professional.
Food prep, cashier, cleanup (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 20, 2017
Young person managing and played favorites and gave more hours to some. I worked mostly evenings and weekends, and the atmosphere was pretty hectic. I was cooking on a grille and frying station for the first time, and burned myself a few times until I became more accustomed to doing it.
Pros
free food, decdent pay
Cons
not enough hours
ok
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 18, 2017
Managers were hit or miss. Job got easier after learning all the different stations. The job itself is brainless. Overall not a terrible place to work.
not the best
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 18, 2017
Not a fair environment for all crew members. I don't believe that the pay is good. The crew members all have to do multiple jobs for the same pay. In n' out pays better and does less. Management does not appreciate their workers.
Pros
great crew members
Cons
managers
Five Guys crew member
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 18, 2017
Disclaimer, any restaurant is hit or miss. But for me, management was great. The manager leads effectively yet isn't rigid. A typical day comprises of either opening shift or closing. Work atmosphere is very fast-paced and at busy times stressful, but the workplace culture is great. For a first job, I don't know a better restaurant to work at.
Pros
free meals, competitive pay
Five Guys Operations
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 18, 2017
I Enjoy My Job At Five Guys, Very Clean Nice Work Place. all The Employees Are Respectful And Work As A Unit. Although The Pay Is Decent I Think Now After A Year Is Due Time For A Raise.
Pros
Good Food, Bonuses, Clean Work Place.
Cons
Pay Rate Benefits
Easy fast faced work pllace
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 17, 2017
Good corporate management experience. I learned a lot of the facts and a lot about what not to do about things I wouldn't have thought about. They have extra training videos about advanced sales systems and certifications.
Pros
free food, easy job
Cons
Pay, work environment
Fun work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 17, 2017
I love my job I would like to do more and see how much further I can get.iblove the food industry and would like to experience something more.its fun the music is great and the customer are wonderful.the food is good im just looking for a change to further my career.its very popular and the food is great.its well worth the money.its a good company to work for and you learn so much.i can honestly say I have no compliants they taught me so much,things I didn't Know I can do or achieve they showed me I can and don't say you can't.they help out with the community and donations because they love to help not to try just to bring more business.five guys is a great company to work for they are honest ,caring people.i would not be who I am without some of there help and the customer.they actually care and make sure your happy.they love the community and will go out there way to show you.we have a great community I'm glad I'm apart of there team and don't regret it for a second
Pros
Good owners great work place
Cons
Turn over on employees
This was my first job
Shift Lead/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAOctober 15, 2017
I started working at the Five Guys in Peachtree City, but transferred to the Newnan location and worked there for 4 years. I learned a lot from working there while I was still in high school. I cooked, handled money, set up the orders for delivery truck, and closed the store. Customer service was a major key to working there.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
not many benefits or much money to be made

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Guys. Our community is ready to answer.