Five Guys Employee Reviews

Found 1,194 reviews matching the search
Productive and Fun Environment with Motivated and Passonate individuals
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCDecember 26, 2016
Five guys is very different from other fast food companies, When you initially start at any Five Guys they give you a large amount of Highly informative Videos. They really take Pride in Their culture and their come up. They really want you to feel apart of the company. I would highly recommend Five Guys to someone looking for a job.
Pros
Free food, and Drinks
Cons
Not a lot of diffrent food choices. Only Beef Products.
its is a good workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 26, 2016
it was a good place to be
people were great
management was steady
the hardest part was rush hour
enjoyable was being with co-workers
i learned a lot and working with other
Pros
free food
Cons
rude customers
it's a good plus for bonus
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 1960 springDecember 26, 2016
The restaurant is a good one the food is delicious and the pay is so-so but the only thing I don't like is there is no benefits unless you're a shift leader are manger even if u been there a year
Pros
100% discount
Cons
no benefits for team members
Horrible
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76102December 25, 2016
bad services , coworkers are very rude , things come up missing , managers steals money out of the cash register and purses i just didnt like the job at all
Very fun and easy going. Cooking in front of customers often impresses them.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 24, 2016
An overall great place to work. Fun and friendly environment and gives many challenges to work towards which creates and energetic and competitive atmosphere.
Pros
One free meal per shift
Cons
Raises for non management are too few and far between.
It's a great company to work for that takes care of the employees
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INDecember 23, 2016
It's a fun fast paced environment! They are very team oriented and very productive! Super detailed on cleaning and the cooking of the food
Pros
Free food
Cons
Hot kitchen
store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 20, 2016
This particular store was great from opening day. The entire Crew was always excited, happy and friendly. The Crews and stores had contests which made people want to come to work and do their best. The person(s) who preform exceedingly well would receive praise and sometimes rewards for their hard work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
woman hats.
good company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 18, 2016
Great company, I have enjoyed my time spent with the people here. Growing company with a lot of potential. Good leadership from higher level management.
Horrible Pay, Manager Stiffed me on bonus
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLDecember 17, 2016
Probably the worst job I've ever had. The GM of the store was constantly ordering everyone around, and micromanaging every thing which became extremely irritating. They expect way to much put you for $8/hr. We ended up winning contest between all of the stores in Florida for having highest secret shopper scores, All the employees were supposed to split 25k and I did not receive my share. I'm currently suing the store.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lousy Pay, greedy, unethical management
Good tips
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 14, 2016
Five guys was alot of work stayed under Staffed, but I will say that I became a harder worker because of it all. The work environment can be a little bit and hectic.
Pros
The food
Cons
The breaks, some rude customers
N/a
Five Guys (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 14, 2016
This job was ok and hard working not likely to work here again because I'm trying to get out of the food industry but other than that a great first job to learn work ethic.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Physical labor
It was ok
COOK (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SC 29621December 13, 2016
Very fast paced, but can easily be mastered. Deep Cleaning is very easy, food is persistent. And service is awesome and management depending on location is well.
Excellent work environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 9, 2016
Five Guys is an awesome company to work for. The managers are very nice and attentive. Working at five guys has taught me how to be a peoples person. My coworkers always have my back to make sure our work day goes smooth. The hardest part of my job is going home.
Great Food horrible managment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 9, 2016
The food was excellent, always got to eat for free. Offered plenty of hours. The work environment overall though felt more or less like high school.
Food Prep and Cashier
Food Prep and Cashier (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 7, 2016
I enjoyed working at five guys, it taught me great customer service five guys even taught me how to handle angry customers. Five Guys was always busy they were know for great burgers. By it been busy it made every shift go by 10 times faster.
High advancement in company, good with employees
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIDecember 6, 2016
Five Guys gave me a great experience in my work life! I very much enjoyed the people I work with and they make the company worth working for. The company does what they can to give back to the employees and that's what get our employees motivated to be upbeat and willing to go above and beyond. One of the hardest parts of this job is finding people who are willing do close our stores on a daily just because of intense cleaning, A typical day at work was enjoyable because of the flow of people coming in and out of the doors, because everyone is normally in great moods due to the energy through out the store. During my time with the company they taught me many cleaning techniques and didn't food safety procedures.
Pros
Free Lunches, Mystery Shops
Cons
No paid vacations for shift managers
five guys
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2016
Not a place I would recommend to someone who has good work experience I am quitting five guys cant stand being there anymore its way to much stress cant stand it
Pros
Free Meals, Ability to advance
Cons
To much stress not enough pay
Dont waste your time
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GADecember 5, 2016
working at five guys for me was horrible ! you dont get any hours and when you ask for the hours they give them to someone else. they manager is never there ! everyone is basically free to do what ever he/she wants to do
Pros
make 8.00/hr
Cons
not guaranteed to get and break, have to stay longer that what you are scheduled if someone isn't done, manager is never in store !
Five guys was a great place to work.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PADecember 1, 2016
I learned a lot working at five guys mostly accountably with regard to self. when I had the the job I was young and I appreciated the cut and dry procedures that went on.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCDecember 1, 2016
It was a unique experience for me. I really enjoyed the time spent with my co-workers. I loved the energy of the store. I loved interacting with the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Guys. Our community is ready to answer.