Five Star Bank

Five Star Bank Employer Reviews

My Dream job in a nut shell.
Head Teller (Former Employee), Wayland, New YorkMay 19, 2014
I enjoyed my time with Five Star Bank, I had a good working relationship with my employees.
Team oriented/ Busy office
Teller II (Former Employee), 152 Franklin Street Dansville NY 14437December 23, 2013
Pros: enjoyed customers/ home town banking
Cons: sales ~
Very Busy office~ high stress in sales in the banking world.
Selling Loans and credit cards~
Opening accounts/ closing accounts
Lines of credit review
Mortgage pmts/ escrow program
Balancing the bank/ Teller drawers
Scanning work / selling and counting cash sent from Brinks
just say no
former employee (Former Employee), NYNovember 5, 2013
Pros: no stress
Cons: frustrating place to work
Five Star is clueless on the way a bank should really be. They claim to be a community bank and if you liked the way things were in the 70's with not much chance of changing then this is your place. System is archaic as well as the 'back office'. Operations are for the most part non existent and what there are no one can agree on. This place must kill – more... many forests each year with all the paper consumed. you have to make copies to make sure the 'back office' doesn't lose what you send down. Online banking is old school and so confusing to many customers and employees alike. When questioned about this the answer is 'that's just the way it is'. Customers are not number 1 as it takes forever to get issues resolved.
The hours are great, no coming in early or leaving late-the reason? no customers. My co workers were great but most of them have left as well for the same reason posted above. – less
Excelent environment average pay
Teller (Former Employee), Yorkshire, NYJuly 30, 2013
Pros: great co workers, decent benefits, free premier checking account.
Cons: lower end pay grade for tellers
Title says it all, great people to work with. Management cares about their employees. I don't recall having a single bad day at work. Pay grade is average at best. Most other banks start tellers of at a dollar or two higher. Perfect place to get started in the financial industry.
Front line teller (Current Employee), Medina NYMay 23, 2013
Handing cash and helping customers with banking needs. I work with a great group of girls that help me everyday. I have learned so much and I hope to keep learning more and more.
Productive and knowledge or skills through experience
BSA/AML Analyst (Former Employee), Warsaw NYMay 1, 2013
I would start my day at 8 in the morning, work for the compliance department till 1 and then work for the Commercial file room till I go home at 4:30.
makes u scratch your head and wonder
did it all before (Former Employee), central nyFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: lasting relationships w customers
Cons: they arent all synchronized so always be on eggshells. hr lady too sensitive
Bankers hours a plus. Not a whole lot of talent here. Hand me down bank. There really aren't any hard deals to make so egos are confusing. U aren't that talented and ur suit is pretty cheap. Too many personalitites from too many small ponds. It can work well. Just pretend to like everyone. I do believe they are over confident and overstating right now – more... so be carefull. I left since I thought I could make more using half my brain. I was right. – less
Five Star is a solid company. I have enjoyed majority of my years of employment.
Application Balancing Clerk (Current Employee), Warsaw, NYJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: 24 1/2 years of service, have learned many jobs
Cons: management, health care costs
I have worked at my current job for 24 1/2 years and have learned several positions during this time. Many changes with management and merges.

Have always worked well with my coworkers. Was in management for a short time until jobs were re-arranged and eliminations were made. I enjoyed the supervisory position very much but am now in an accounting – more... position.

I go to work every day and complete my daily work with no questions asked but would like a change to a different work atmosphere. – less
Loan Administrator II
Loan Administrator II (Current Employee), Rocklin, CADecember 16, 2012
• Ensure loan file is complete and ready for documentation.
• Generate loan documents in Laser Pro in accordance with the approved Credit Authorization.
• Review and analyze loan terms, input into banking system, clean up loan file and order tax contracts.
• Communicate and collaborate with Title Companies to provide and obtain necessary information – more... to help meet our customer’s needs in the timeliest manner.
• Manage loan funding including advances, construction draws, payments and request for payoff demands.
• Primary point of contact for customers with questions regarding financing and existing loans.
• Process paid off loans including generating paid loan letters to borrowers, refunding overpayments and preparing reconveyances to be recorded with the county – less
interesting work place
was Teller (Former Employee), western new yorkNovember 6, 2012
loved the job the management was poor at times made promises that werent fufilled
Customer Service/Consumer Loan Clerk (Former Employee), Warsaw, NYAugust 11, 2012
Loved working for this bank and the people I worked with. I learned a lot of valuable job skills.
Professional and Efficient work environment
Collections Associate (Former Employee), Pittsford, NYJuly 17, 2012
Was a great company and was very appreciative of the opportunity.
The people make it a great place to work
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee), Liberty Street, Warsaw, NYJune 21, 2012
Pros: events and benefits
A typical day goes by quickly. I learned to be a better team player at Five Star Bank. Management works with you and for you. My co-workers made it a great place. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I met during events.
Five Star Bank is "people oriented", clients and workers alike!
Teller II (Former Employee), Dansville, NYMarch 29, 2012
Pros: wage and benefits
Cons: some saturday hours, but good for clients
A wonderful place to work, great people to work with and the best customers around.
Very uptight place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Salamanca, NYFebruary 7, 2012
Pros: paid training and normal business hours
Cons: not flexible or understanding
When I was first hired I thought I would really enjoy working in a bank but after my training and I started in my bank I was very disappointed. My co-workers were very childish and snobby. If you didn't get in their click you didn't fit in. Management allowed this kind of behavior and was involved in it also.
Excellent place to grow!
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Pittsford, NYAugust 26, 2011
Pros: opportunities
This is a great place to grow as a professional! My career with Five Star Bank started in the collections department where I had the opportunity to work cross functionally with other departments to complete my daily tasks. The management team was innovative and striving for success and company growth. The company was very accommodating to my college – more... schedule and attentive to their employees. The atmosphere embraced change and developments. Although my position was only temporary while I was in college I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a career in finance or banking. – less

About Five Star Bank

Well, you certainly can't accuse Financial Institutions of wasting valuable company funds to create a snazzy name. The holding – Read more