Five Star is seeking a full time Controller/Director of Finance. Primary responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. Direct responsibility for accounting, finance, budgeting, project costing, financial analysis, and strategic planning. Provides financial information about Company to assist the Executives, Management Team, and Board of Directors in managing the business as well as establishing long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
Compensation range $70-90K. Benefit package includes Health, Dental, Profit Sharing and 401K. Office location is Eagan, Minnesota. (Local candidates only)
We’re looking for someone with strong analytical skills who has the ability and experience to read, analyze and interpret financial metrics and clearly and persuasively communicate results and ideas.
Why Join Five Star?
Five Star has expansive growth strategy. This growth creates opportunities in the Company. Five Star offers a great place to work for those with entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy a fast paced, fun, work environment that rewards for achieving and exceeding plan.
Five Star Professional (FSP) leads the market in conducting market-specific research throughout the U.S. and Canada to identify service professionals-including Wealth Managers, Real Estate Agents and other professionals-who provide quality services to their clients.
The Five Star Professional award programs are the largest and most widely published award programs of their kind in North America, covering more than 40 major markets. The list of Five Star award winners for each market is published in the leading city and regional magazine and/or business publication and on fivestarprofessional.com. Five Star award winners do not pay a fee to be included in the research or the final list of award winners. To learn more about the Five Star Professional award programs, please go to www.fivestarprofessional.com
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversee the activities of the Finance & Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of subordinates.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
- Provide leadership in developing, implementing, and maintaining comprehensive accounting, costing, accounts receivable and payable, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and planning systems.
- Evaluate and advise on the financial implications of current business activities, as well as the introduction of new programs and long term strategies.
- Primary responsibility for company’s banking, insurance, income tax preparation, and financial auditor relationships.
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Serve as project manager for any financial system implementation or upgrades
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance plus CPA certification preferred. MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Previous supervisory experience; competent managing, inspiring and delegating to staff.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Dynamics, QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software and Excel. Familiarity with Microsoft Access a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of accepted accounting principles; working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems; well-developed financial analysis capabilities; and demonstrated ability to manage operations and applications in finance are essential.
- Solid analytical skills-ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents
- Strong oral and written communication skills, attune to audience for delivery of message
- Strong problem solving abilities; gather, identify and analyze information timely and provide alternative solutions.
- Strong business acumen-Understands business implications of decisions, displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition and aligns work with strategic goals.