Five Star Quality Care Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Expirience phillippines kuwait.hospital clinic homecare
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington aurburnMay 2, 2016
Assistant doctor nurse going rounding the patient.assist dressing the doctor.clinic secretary assist doctor take data vital sign. school mental child assistant teacher instructor going eat food bathroom take bath give medicine.assist therapy excirse rehab experience for mental child student.home care caring old people give loving care give medicine morning care.procedure turning transfer welchair.
Pros
Not free food
Cons
Break time
Dangerous to it's staff and residents
Employee (Former Employee) –  LiesureParkJuly 14, 2016
Always understaffed and never having nurses to take care of the residents. Always asking more from their staff but pay the least in the business.

Most the mangers are cruel and demanding after the initial hire and the big boss is never around.
Pros
You can quit
Cons
Mean Nursing Boss, Mouthy Dining Rioom Manager, Absent Big Boss
I enjoy working
Server (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 21, 2016
I enjoy working with this company and older people i really like the job, we cooperate communicate with each other, that gives good progress in work area speak fluently english, greet people and etc
Pros
Free lunches, good ability to learn everything like language, active at work, community people
Cons
Short stuffed on everything
Not a fun place to work
Life Style 360 Program Director (Current Employee) –  Lake Spivey, GAApril 4, 2016
I love the resident, but there is a disconnect in the company. I just started working with this company and everyone I work with is very unhappy. There is no culture, and the company doesn't pay well.
Pros
Its close to my house, so I don't have a far drive.
Cons
Only get a 30 min break. Under paid and know one will try new ideas to generate business.
Bedbugs, Fleas and Uneducated Staff
Nothing Important (Former Employee) –  Kingston, PAJune 25, 2016
Stay far away! Kingston Tiffany Court is horrible. Corporate is horrible and the standards are a joke.

They are short-staffed. Uneducated people who don't care. Cleanliness is their last concern. They are rude and abusive to residents.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Staff
Poor management
Accountant (Former Employee) –  NewtonJuly 23, 2016
Good experience but poor management, you don't have a voice here if you're not on the favorite. Not respect to the staff. work overloaded and under paid, poor benefits, poor communication, poor managers, micromanaged...please run...
Pros
Free parking and bagels
Had I known
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  AlabamaFebruary 25, 2016
This is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Extremely high turnover. Upper management could care less about lower management, employees and resident concerns. Lower management is expected to work long hours so that hourly staff don't have overtime. Salaried lower management is paid much less than the average rate. They give you a director title but you're not allowed to make any decisions. They are short staffed in every department.
Benefits
Cons
Everything Else
Great place to work. Pay could be better
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 12, 2016
Good coworkers and open management. As long as you did your job all went well. As in any health care field at times short staffed. Teamwork environment. Patients of all levels and personalities. The con is the amount of time spent with the residents in the dining room at meal times. The pros - the relationships with residents and staff alike. A clean facility. Good nurses and some of the best CNAS .
Pros
Staff and residents
Cons
Pay and the Amount of time spent with residents at meal times
Don't waste your time
Pta, former (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 27, 2016
Unless you're desperate, find another company to work for especially in Florida. The management is horrible, the regional directors have no clue of what's going on with the buildings and are constantly threatening employees with job security.
Pros
You got a job
Cons
Everyone is expendable, treated with no respect, expected to travel without notice, no job security, threats, no rehemburstments for continuing education, almost impossible to use any accumulated pto.
Working with Seniors is wonderful
Medication Technician (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 10, 2016
Corporate needs to be more aware of their management team. It's not just about numbers. The management team tell lies to get new residents. Management are rarely accessible to the residents and never help. Feel for the residents
Pros
Resident care is rewarding
Cons
No breaks Poor WAGES!!
Absolutely loved working here
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 27, 2016
I enjoyed everything about working here, I love the residence as if they were my family. It made my day to know that i was making their day. Every morning I worked they let me know that I made their day by saying good morning to them and always remaining a smile.
Pros
Free lunches, endless smiles
benefits
security guard
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZAugust 9, 2016
you would secure building. change light bulbs, install toilets, let residents in and out of building, clean swimming pools. and did light outside cleaning of building and property.
Ok
Employee (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 23, 2016
Fine place to start and get experience, not a place to grow.

Compensation and benefits are below market.
Lack of company direction and leadership.
Staffing and budget are very lean.
Very high turnover rate.
mesa manor
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 7, 2016
one of the hardest places to work. management gives no room for a healthy work environment. the residents get miss treated by other cna, that is why i left.
Nice place
Certified Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 9, 2015
To come prepared, day to day operations can change in a blink of an eye so, you have to adjust, call in, sudden illness, or just poor teamwork and turn a good day sour and vice versa. I lean towards being a helper bee, if all parties stick together, it'll be a better outcome. I learned complaining doesn't get the job done, provide a solution to the problem and fix it. Management is great! Co-workers were amazing give or take a few. The hardest part of this job was leaving. I enjoyed the residents and the Christmas bonus.
Watch Your Back
Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 30, 2016
Always watch your back. Never place too much trust with another employee. Working with senior living is amazing. Do yourself a favor and work at a higher end community instead of a property owned by 5 Star.
Pros
Working with seniors
Cons
If 5 Star messes up, that's fine; if you mess up, you're gone.
It closed for a reason
Nutritional Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMay 27, 2016
Employees and residents were like family but corporate refused to do anything to prevent our old building from closing.
Dietary
Server/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MOJune 25, 2016
Would not recommend. Management horrible. Not worth the time and effort. A lot of unnecessary drama within the kitchen. Always short handed.
An honor working with the elderly
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 10, 2016
The best part of the job is making a difference in the lives of the elderly. I work with a diverse group and it makes life so much more interesting.
It was alright
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 12, 2016
I worked in assisted living building as a receptionist for 3 years, the pay was not sufficient. Management was fine not really too many complaints there.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
They never close (snow, holidays, etc)

2.8