Five Star Employee Reviews

I didnt like it.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYApril 21, 2017
I was accused of stealing from the company. The camera clearly showed O done my job correctly. Some of my co-workers we ok but mostly they had a bad attitude.
Five Star is the place that allowed me to grow
Valet (Current Employee) –  Manorcare Palos WestApril 14, 2017
Hardest part of the job is dealing with out of control customers. Even with learning that one must expect the unexpected, my work days were long but not filled with a bunch of stress. I always had full support of my upper management and coworkers. We all work hard and the culture was always about family first and getting the job done. I was known as the workaholic that would always do whatever is asked of them.
Pros
Tips, Fun environment, Family type workplace.
Cons
no heath care
Love
Promotional Model (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 1, 2017
This job is on an as need basis. You get paid for different promotions that you do. I was able to go to many events i would have never been able to go to had i not worked for this amazing company
Productive and fun work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Summer Shade, KYJanuary 25, 2017
I recommend everyone's first job to be Five Star. Most people make it their careers they love it so much. I can't explain my experience. It was fun even on the bad days. The customers, the workers, the cleaning, the preparing food, even taking the trash out was a learning experience. Everyone needs to be part of a great experience like I had with my first job.
Pros
Paid breaks, along with great people
Cons
Bathroom cleaning every 30 minutes
Great Place to work!
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Carlisle, INApril 21, 2016
Sometimes your opinions and how you feel are not listened to!! Great pay but your basically a nobody to them!
Training is done well as long as they have the right staff training you! Co-workers are ok sometimes I felt harassed by the men!
Hardest part of job is being told last minute when you have to work 12 hours because the next person called off!
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Management doesn't listen well
Great staff, poor leadership, no growth
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 5, 2016
If your looking for a place to start your career this company will work. They have great staff and you can learn a few things that will help as you move forward in your career. However, there is little employee development opportunity here, and the benefits are not that great. If your looking for a stepping stone to launch your career this is the place for you, but with limited growth potential and no place to move up don't think you will want to stay for the long haul. Leadership is also a problem as they run the company like a small mom and pop business with limited policies and procedures which leave you guessing on how to accomplish your responsibilities.
Pros
Good place to start career, great staff
Cons
Limited career growth, subpar leadership
great working enviroment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Nora Springs IADecember 29, 2015
In construction it is feast or famine. with no benefits. love building stuff but had to be more steady for me. At tie I left the industry was a little soft, only getting 30 some hours in a week
Pros
free lunch light hearted working atmosphere
Cons
not sure what your pay will amount to from week to week
Fun, productive and it was a great company to work for.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYNovember 20, 2015
Five Star was my second family because I spend almost half of my time there everyday.
Everyday is a new day ,i did enjoy talking to my co-workers ,working together and learn more about our skills.
Lead Server (Supervisor/Management) (Former Employee) –  Yonkers NYAugust 25, 2015
Horrible. No care for Workers and residents. Has people working there without any restrictions on how they treat the lower staff in their department. All about the job, never care about the individual working there
summer job,
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandJune 7, 2015
Part time laborer for a construction company, very great company, poor service and too many employees with not enough benefits or service to full fill
Pros
n/a
Cons
too little pay

Want to know more about Five Star?

Ask a question
Its avery fun place to work
porter (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 2, 2015
At Fiver Star we have a great time with all the people I work with its like a big family I come in every day and just do what ever anyone needs me to do management is great the owners are great my job is not hard I love my job I like helping people with what every they need so we all help each other get the job done
Pros
some times they will buy us lunch
Cons
ins is kind of high
Once Was a Great place
Cashier, Customer Service, Train, Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYApril 23, 2015
Things have started to go sour there. Employees no longer caring, getting away with things they should not and even the managers not being any better. It is sad to say that a place I once loved working at has now become just one of those places where things just fall apart and do not work out. It was a good job while it lasted.
Pros
Extra hours
Cons
Crazy co workers, people not caring, not being listened to
Very beautiful place
Assisting inquiries on tours of the community (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOApril 3, 2015
Working at College View has been a great experience with great people. It has been a pleasure to perform the duties of my job and market such a special community.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low salary
Great place to be a motorcycle rider coach
Owner/Rider Coach (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 10, 2015
Great place to coach students looking to learn how to ride a motorcycle. It is a Virginia Rider Training Program site. Classes are small and fun with a great training facility
Pros
Flexible weekend work
Cons
Weekend work!
Worked under two different Managment staff. I did not fell comfortable with new GM & Assistant GM.
Facilities Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJanuary 22, 2015
I do not recommend the position last held by me to any professional. Both the GM and Assistant GM are very irresponsible and will not give you a fair evaluation of work performed. They are on the last few months of their contract and are willing to sacrifice any one and anything at the cost of a possible extension or new contract award. The job is much more secure if you are below the department head position. The Vendors that you are and will be working with will also concur with what I stated above. A huge insecurity problem is present in both of the upper leadership roles. At many times you will feel the concern for their ego far outweighs the concern they have for their staff or the conditions their resources are working under…
Very fast paced
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Carlisle, INDecember 3, 2014
Very fast paced, easy to learn, learn new information about the product we make, advancement opportunities.......lifetime career.
My typical day consisted of scanning orders into computer system and shipping product out. We made corrugated sheets.
Not bad
Licensed Practical Nurse New Surfside Nursing Home (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 10, 2014
worked with them for about a year, they were fine. Pretty much a typical agency, they place you, you work, they pay you. They found me a facility pretty quickly and the facility was decent. They compensation is great and they provide minimal health benefits which is hard to find with a nursing agency.
Pros
good compensation, health insurance
food handling at five star dining experience
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2014
fine dining for senior citizen, taking care of their diet plans and health. serving in a fine dining way
good place
Physical Therapist Assistant - Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMarch 13, 2014
great. good co worker just no full time hours avail.
nice place people and resident nice. hardest not enough hours
coworkers
Pros
teams
Cons
not enough hours
Productive day
Laundry/Linen/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 4, 2014
A typical day at work included housekeeping and doing laundry. Housekeeping involved cleaning the break room, a bathroom and mopping a hallway. Before washing, drying, and folding clothes, I had to go to the residents rooms to pick up their dirty clothes. Then I had to return the folded clothes to each appropriate resident. I also had to wash table clothes and linen. This job taught me how to interact with the elderly and to be patient. I would always finish tasks on time. I never had any problems with any of my co-workers. The hardest part was when one of the washing or drying machines would stop functioning. The most enjoyable part was when the residents would thank me and appreciate what i did for them.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No free breakfast or lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Star. Our community is ready to answer.