Five Stones Research Corporation (5SRC) is currently recruiting for a Subject Matter Expert (SME) Director of Clinical Education for the Cardiopulmonary Laboratory Apprentice Course for the Medical Education and Training Campus (METC) located at Fort Sam Houston, TX. The incumbent employee will assist the 937th Training Group with the management and execution of its Cardiopulmonary Laboratory Apprentice Program.
The Candidate must have earned at least a baccalaureate degree from an academic institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE).
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years’ experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist; of which at least two (2) years must include experience in clinical respiratory care.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience teaching in an accredited respiratory care program either as an appointed faculty member or as a clinical preceptor.
- Must hold a valid Registered Respiratory Therapist (RTT) credential as a Registered Respiratory Therapist through the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) for a minimum of 4 years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Serves as Director and Training Instructor for Phase II respiratory therapy program.
- Plans own work in accordance with the need command guidance and interpreting the effect of outside agencies on training matters.
- Provides feedback to supervisor of potentially controversial matters and takes steps to resolve the problem
- Establishes priorities, plans, and schedules and assigns work to accomplish the mission.
- Advises superiors on changes in policy and their effect on the mission.
- Establishes deadlines for development of course plans and establishes criteria for course content.
- Provides consultation in the design and development of the total 4H0X1 AF Specialty CODE roles based on approved wartime critical objectives.