fiveBelow Employee Reviews

Fun, yet productive environment.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHNovember 13, 2015
At Five Below, I was a sales associate. At the start of each morning, I was required to do a list of cleaning, then count my register. Throughout the day I was required to keep the front end of the store clean and tidy. I also had to price merchandise and stock shelves. I learned about customer service and how to help an angry customer. I am capable of working with an angry or upset customer and bringing down the intensity. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with a customer that was angry for purposes unrelated to the store, maybe a bad day or family situation. Those instances can be difficult when the anger is taken out on the cashier because it is beyond our control. All we as cashiers can do is offer a polite smile and condolences. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely interacting with regular customers. When you work at a job for so long, certain faces become familiar and enjoyable!
Pros
Good hours, great management, lively music to listen to over the speakers, getting to see the merchandise as it comes in.
Cons
Business can be a little slow during the summer months
Kristina burden
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALJuly 24, 2016
I am an out going people person. I work with people every day and I love it. I am a great leader of others and I get the job done. I work hard and I stop at nothing to get the job done.
Manager steals from company, NO cameras
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  CTMarch 7, 2016
I need a new boss that doesn't abuse me mentally and emotionally. The store itself is cute and fun and I love the customers (for the most part) except my boss needs to leave ASAP. He is disrespectful to all of his employees and even bad talks a group of Special Needs Adults, making rude remarks about their disabilities.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Boss, minimum wage, high employee turnover.
Job for high school kids-or second part-time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2014
I started at Five Below nearly a month ago. It's a newly opened location in Chicago. Not a hard job at all, especially if you have retail or management experience. Using the register is really easy. Co-workers seem to get along okay. The management team could put in a lil more effort. Seems like everyone in the store gets no more than 2 or 3 days a week as an associate. A lot of cleaning up the store and placing items back where they belong (a lot of children come in and seem to play with EVERYTHING). Overall not a bad experience, an okay type of work for extra cash in the pocket.
Pros
employee discount, easy work.
Cons
not enough hours, no benefits
no personal advancement poor pay for job duties
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  MidwestOctober 7, 2014
I was an assisntant manager for the company a little over a year. I was told i would be managing a store after a year. Didnt happen. Store manager rarely there, i basically ran the store , made most product decisions, and did all the training and most back office work. Work many hours off the clock , made record breaking numbers while my manager who was rarely there got all the credit, corporate cant make up there mind on merchandising , a lot of man hours wasted on doing something one day and changing it the next. District Manager knew who stuff but when something was wrong she was never to blame. I confronted them about the bad and all they did was try to CYA rather than get to the root of the problem. I have worked retail for more than 10 years with half that being in management and this is the most unorganized loosely structured company i have worked for. Great customer service initiatives though
Pros
christmas bonus
Cons
poor structure, low pay and advancement
Part-time manager
Part-time Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 24, 2014
The company is a great company, overall the position was great, work environment was great but the pay was low and raises were hard to get. Opportunity to grow/promote within but would have to relocate based on availability.
Pros
work environment
Cons
pay rate
Fun working around kids
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEFebruary 3, 2013
: Cleaning up spills , Folding T-Shirts, Sweeping, Working the cash register.

: I learned to have patience because i worked around all age groups i also learned how to organize certain sections with a creative look.

: I had 4 different levels of management , They were all very respectful and reasonable with any situation.

: My co-workers where very supportive and helpful they taught me how to be friendly . Some had problems with jealousy towards other employees.

: The hardest part of the job was getting hours because there was so many people working there ,

: The most enjoyable thing was working around people my age.
Pros
free snacks. discount on everything in the store, environment
Cons
the pay, no hours
I had a pretty good time.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 9, 2015
A typical day at work was first seeing whether I was on the register or working on the floor with the customers. The days that I was scheduled to work on the registers, I was responsible for the register and keeping the front of the store nice and neat. If I was on the floor, I would be responsible for keeping the whole store clean and neat for the customers.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Great Managers
Cons
Not enough pay, Customers
Poor company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Point, GASeptember 13, 2013
Company has poor service, fail to notify employee of schedule changes, poor management.
the worst of the worst
manager (Former Employee) –  vaAugust 18, 2013
my time with this company really could not be called a job. it was a bait and switch. i was told they were looking for sales manager to help develop the staff. what it was is gloryfied stockboy with keys. there was no mangaement involved.
Pros
none there was nothing good about this place
Cons
everything, from lying about pay rate to poor training
Very fast paced work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PADecember 18, 2014
Fivebelow was a good place to work. It was always busy, and very time consuming. It had some stressful days, but overall the people, and the customers were great.
Pros
co workers
Cons
holiday seasons
Fun place to work, good management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Countryside, ILMarch 6, 2013
I learned alot at Fivebelow. First time working in retail. Learned the day to day operations of a store, dealing with customers directly and product placement.
Pros
employee discount.
Not a productive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMarch 9, 2013
Pricing stocking and locating items recovering store and cleaning up after close.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at fiveBelow. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9