fiveBelow

fiveBelow Employee Reviews

I had a pretty good time.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), York, PAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, Great Managers
Cons: Not enough pay, Customers
A typical day at work was first seeing whether I was on the register or working on the floor with the customers. The days that I was scheduled to work on the registers, I was responsible for the register and keeping the front of the store nice and neat. If I was on the floor, I would be responsible for keeping the whole store clean and neat for the customers.
Cheap cheap cheap.
Key holder (Former Employee), SpringfieldFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: easy going environment
Cons: horrible pay
Don't even have to say much, all other reviews hit it right on the head. The place is a joke. Nobody has any idea what's going on -and anybody that did is so fed up they've quit or been fired. The only way to move up is to get somebody fired ! It's not possible to hold this as your only job. Cashiers get around 8-12 hours a week and management well under 60 hours every two weeks. This job is for children.
Very fast paced work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Collegeville, PADecember 18, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: holiday seasons
Fivebelow was a good place to work. It was always busy, and very time consuming. It had some stressful days, but overall the people, and the customers were great.
Job for high school kids-or second part-time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2014
Pros: employee discount, easy work.
Cons: not enough hours, no benefits
I started at Five Below nearly a month ago. It's a newly opened location in Chicago. Not a hard job at all, especially if you have retail or management experience. Using the register is really easy. Co-workers seem to get along okay. The management team could put in a lil more effort. Seems like everyone in the store gets no more than 2 or 3 days a week as an associate. A lot of cleaning up the store and placing items back where they belong (a lot of children come in and seem to play with EVERYTHING). Overall not a bad experience, an okay type of work for extra cash in the pocket.
no personal advancement poor pay for job duties
assistant manager (Former Employee), MidwestOctober 7, 2014
Pros: christmas bonus
Cons: poor structure, low pay and advancement
I was an assisntant manager for the company a little over a year. I was told i would be managing a store after a year. Didnt happen. Store manager rarely there, i basically ran the store , made most product decisions, and did all the training and most back office work. Work many hours off the clock , made record breaking numbers while my manager who was rarely there got all the credit, corporate cant make up there mind on merchandising , a lot of man hours wasted on doing something one day and changing it the next. District Manager knew who stuff but when something was wrong she was never to blame. I confronted them about the bad and all they did was try to CYA rather than get to the root of the problem. I have worked retail for more than 10 years with half that being in management and this is the most unorganized loosely structured company i have worked for. Great customer service initiatives though
Poor company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), East Point, GASeptember 13, 2013
Company has poor service, fail to notify employee of schedule changes, poor management.
the worst of the worst
manager (Former Employee), vaAugust 18, 2013
Pros: none there was nothing good about this place
Cons: everything, from lying about pay rate to poor training
my time with this company really could not be called a job. it was a bait and switch. i was told they were looking for sales manager to help develop the staff. what it was is gloryfied stockboy with keys. there was no mangaement involved.
Not a productive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIMarch 9, 2013
Pricing stocking and locating items recovering store and cleaning up after close.
Fun place to work, good management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Countryside, ILMarch 6, 2013
Pros: employee discount.
I learned alot at Fivebelow. First time working in retail. Learned the day to day operations of a store, dealing with customers directly and product placement.
Fun working around kids
Cashier (Former Employee), Bear, DEFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: free snacks. discount on everything in the store, environment
Cons: the pay, no hours
: Cleaning up spills , Folding T-Shirts, Sweeping, Working the cash register.

: I learned to have patience because i worked around all age groups i also learned how to organize certain sections with a creative look.

: I had 4 different levels of management , They were all very respectful and reasonable with any situation.

: My co-workers where very supportive and helpful they taught me how to be friendly . Some had problems with jealousy towards other employees.

: The hardest part of the job was getting hours because there was so many people working there ,

: The most enjoyable thing was working around people my age.

fiveBelow Salaries