FJC Employee Reviews

Relaxed, but have to watch your back at all times.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCAugust 24, 2017
Nice to your face, then will throw you under the bus any chance they get. CEO admits being a jerk to work for, actually, he used a much more forceful word. There is no one set way of doing things, it changes all the time and if you do it one way you will definitely hear about it, and not in a nice way. Way too much turn around.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Back stabbing and gossip, no one you can trust.
nice company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 29, 2017
they have a great union and with excellent benefits at first they bounce you around to find out which scheule works for you holiday pay as well as sick days
Team work and dedication to seecurity.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 17, 2017
A typical day of work: As Assistant Manager for Security at the Airport in Burlington, Vermont started from 4 AM till Noon. Control of all the Security procedures. Meeting with Airline Managers, Police, National Guard.
What you learned: Team work.
Management: Good relation with the Manager and Central Office.
Workplace culture: People security.
The hardest of the job: Team work and maintain professionalism.
The most enjoyable part of the job: The satisfaction in giving security to the people and the Country.
Pros
Team work and security.
Cons
Passegers aggressivness.
security watch guard
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2017
well working security taught me a lot of things give me a lot of experience to work with co-worker and different culture learning from people you work with was very interesting even tho it has it good and bad moment but it give me so experience and knowledge . it help me to be aware of people action and work ethics. Being security really made me more prepare and more observative and a people person...
i mean i was already a people person so what gave me a lot of experience.
Protective service Good place to start
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 22, 2016
You get to learn the security field quickly ....
Meet different people.
Light office work
Co workers are usual nice
Its dealing with account manger
Pros
Always extra shift
Cons
Sometime you work by yourself i can not take a break
only for the experience
Fire guard- security officer (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NY 11101August 3, 2016
FJC can review the pay grade. you get pay way to less for what the job requires. the pay sucks. they don't pay good. workers get paid less the McDonald and they place you in hazardous conditions and expect a hundred percent work .
Pros
great co workers
Cons
the pay rate sucks
its good security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2016
job security they will keep you and it is good for when you need a job . different divisions and mostly private and some public
not bad of aplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 9, 2016
working at fjc was pretty good i like the job the pay was fair depending on the site you had it was a good place i would work there again if i had to.
Peaceful and productive work environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYAugust 31, 2015
I worked an overnight shift 5 days a week and was on patrol for an apartment residency. Hardest part of the job was staying up due to no in and outgoing traffic. Enjoyable part of the job was mainly sitting at a desk, easygoing job.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
No union
bad management.
fire safety director (Current Employee) –  queensJuly 1, 2015
FJC is mired in terrible management. They routinely reward those who screw up at low paying sites by giving them better paying sites
Pros
coworkers
Cons
healthcare in private division is terrible
Nice place to work
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kearneysville, WVApril 16, 2015
Good place to work and a challenging but enjoyable environment. I have learned quite a lot from the company and find each day a learning experience.
Excellant work environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYApril 1, 2015
I only worked for FJC for about one year, of the four years or so at JFK. FJC brought new vehicles to the site, which was great. Driving in new vehicle made it safe to patrol the airport and their long term parking, as well as employee parking areas.All the workers were the best to work with. Numerous posts were available, which made the job less cut throat. Driving all the way to JFK was difficult, but having your own parking space made it worth the ride.
Pros
Good pay and great co-workers.
Cons
Post Alpha after 4 am (Commercial traffic escorted on runways.
easy
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  33-10 Queens Blvd.December 16, 2014
Its a good place to work, just need a better opportunity. A regular day for me is dealing with clients and DHS work. I learned how to manage irrate clients. Team player, dealing with the clients are the hardest, the best part of this job is helping people that i deal with.
Providing adequate security protection and communicaton to the clients and staff at a Federal facility.
Contractor Federal Armed Protective Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasJuly 1, 2014
While working as a Contractor Federal Protective Officer, at the Social Security Administration a typical day at work is extremely busy. Being able to provide security protection to the staff and to government property. I learned what an individual can and can't do while attending a Federal building, also enforce rules and regulations and abide by the Federal Codes. I interact with Security Administration Management when conducting citations and court hearings. I work alone, providing security to more than 200-450 individuals daily passing through the Social Security Office. The hardest part of the job is trying to make everyone happy that interact with me about the Social Security issue. The most enjoyable part of my job is providing the best communication and protection to clients and staff, make sure everyone who enter the Social Security Administration depart safely.
Pros
FJC provides secret clearances through Dept of Homeland Security
Cons
FJC provided a healthcare benfits which were considered as a supplement insurance
Fun place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 6, 2014
i like working here the people are fun and you get paid decent
Productive work place
Access Control Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJanuary 5, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job, I learn and meet new people everyday.
reasonable company
Protective security officer (Current Employee) –  Floral Park, NYDecember 16, 2013
the job is ok, but the management needs improvement. I have some good co-workers that are easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is staying up since I work at nights.
Pros
more time off.
Cons
less hours.
Fun work place
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 27, 2013
Meeting new people. Learning different cultures and team work is great
not a productive environment
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 3, 2013
Management and also the company is not as helpful or considerate, the site are not balanced and the pay rate flutuate, which is mostly decreasing. They give their employees not respect and consideration.
Dreadful work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 6, 2013
Had to patrol every hr. on your assigned floor
stand on post at all times, short breaks the hardest part was dealing with unprofessional and unqualiied supervisors
Pros
the nice tenants lived in the shelter.
Cons
Supervisors on power trips