Flagger Force Traffic Control Services

Flagger Force Traffic Control Services Employee Reviews

Think before applying for Flagger force...
Advanced crew leader (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PAMarch 10, 2016
First off this company is a straight up joke and they love to play favoritism a lot in all office locations and they also love to go on a firing spree and look for any reason to can you... their benefits are junk and not worth it poor lack of supervision... no communication between you and the office but the office always claims that they are never wrong even when their shown proof that their wrong and half the people they hire don't know half of what their getting into or even know what they are doing... they promote people to fast into trucks right off the bat... it's just a really bad company to work for they love to sugar coat everything you hear about them until you see the truth first hand how they treat their employees and you are not guaranteed 40 hours a week... from the couple years Being with this company I've seen alooottt of faces come and go so think before trying out for this place.. I'm already looking for a new place of employment.
Pros
Change of scenery every day
Cons
To much to list
OK but be careful
Advanced Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 16, 2016
You can advance really quick if you are willing to work. Training could be better. You have different co-workers usually everyday. Some want to learn and help other don't typical for every job. Benefit after a year but you have work an average 30 plus. Health Benefits are pretty good.

Cons. You could be a 100 miles away from home the next day if you advance. You always know what time you start but never know when you are going to get done. Busy in the summer if you want to work. Very slower in the winter. Can't count of a steady pay check.

Driving Record has to be perfect.
Pros
Advance quickly
Cons
List below
Fun Place to work but no job security
Advanced Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PANovember 2, 2015
This company is a good place to work for if you are looking for a short term job and don't plan on being with this company 10-15 years down the line. They have no relief plans available they do not schedule enough people to the job, no set schedules, it was hard to plan my life around my job cause I never knew when I would be getting off work that day nor would I be able to know if I am working the next day til the night before. You weren't getting the hours that other people were getting if you somehow upset on of the people in the office.
Pros
fun people to work with, got to travel and see new places for work.
Cons
no relief plans, not good benefits
Don't waste your time
Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJanuary 28, 2016
I left a good job for the "promising" of better pay and overtime. I was with the company for 1 month. During this time they have you take your own vehicle to remote locations up to two hours away and no reimbursement of gas. You get NO breaks unless the contractor that you are working for that day allows you one. I am a woman so there are no such things as "bathroom breaks". You have to go to the bathroom in the woods behind a tree while the other traffic controller holds up a line of traffic for you. Or, go up to a stranger's house and ask to use their bathroom. The people that you are assigned to work with are somewhat creepy. I had 40 hours week one. 15 hours week two. 7 hours week three. The final week I had 42. The benefits are not immediate, you have to be there for 6 months and have 40 hours every week until then. So, if you have weeks like I had then you will get your benefits in about a year. The final straw was the day that I went to a job site and worked with a gentleman who did not speak into the walkie-talkie. That day with in 4 hours we had 4 almost crashes because instead of saying "releasing my side" he wold just beep the walkie-talkie. I called home office and told them that I wanted a relief and they sent one. The gentleman that almost caused the accidents still has his job with the company and has since been promoted. I say: STAY FAR AWAY ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A WOMAN. A personal friend of mine (who is a male) was the one that told me about the job. He was working 50+ hours a week. He too left the company because of "mishaps" with his pay check and was hired  more... by one of the contracting companies.  less
Pros
Scenery
Cons
No bathrooms, breaks, no reimbursement for gas, and carless workers.
Most other reviews are biased.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PAMay 4, 2016
I've been working here for sometime now.recommended 21 years old or more.
The company will try to work around your schedule as best they can.

These people that complain about low hours are people that frequently refused assignments. Seniority means nothing at this company. They give work to those they can rely on to say yes not those that are picky. That's not to say you shouldn't say no to assignments but try and keep them few and far between.
Pros
Diverse people(clients and team mates), consistently changing scenery, mostly nice pedestrians, paid breaks, weekends off if you choose, nice and helpful management staff, fast advancement
Cons
Sometimes you don't get breaks (depends on the clients), the pay can be low depending where you are, impatient motorists, reckless drivers
Horrible company
Road Flagger (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 6, 2015
You never want to work for them. They lie about everything. Benefits, pay scale and management has been in trouble with the law.

They have had several people killed while I worked there.
Pros
Cons
everything you can think of
has its pros and cons
Certified Flagger (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 4, 2016
1. Pay Rate sucks for the work performed and the amount of work pushed onto field employees.
2. If you're under 21, you might as well not work here. you CANNOT get into a truck and there is no way around it.
3. No advancement opportunities for anyone under 21.
4. Dispatchers get paid more than field employees.
5. Many Leaders should not have a truck.. very awkward. Times I refused to ride with the Leader and followed behind due to their driving habits.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE!!!
productive and fun work place
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 22, 2016
very easy going job something new i learned and experienced in this field. the management team were very good people to work with, my co-workers were like family anfd fun to be around for the ten hours we were together. there was really nothing hard about the job i loved the experience. when the project was over was see what i had been a part of for the 4yrs while it was being built.
Pros
good learning exp
Cons
healthcare, good recognition and parties
Lots of advancement opportunties
Employee Advocate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Various states Pa, De, Va, Nj and DeJuly 8, 2016
This company allowed me to start as a flagger and work my way up to corporate within 4 years. That does speak volumes about my work ethic but also about what this company is willing to put into employees that out into them.
Pros
bonuses and the people you work with
Cons
Favoritism and politics of who you know
Worst Job Ever!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hummelstown, PANovember 15, 2015
The worst place I have ever worked for in my entire life. For me to say this is not something I would do but when this company hires just about anyone to work for them without providing a proper background checks to let criminals work for them. Then having to get in their company truck with these criminals makes you question a lot of things. I was ripped off my paycheck more times then I can count. There are no real job skills you can learn from this place. The scheduling absolutely sucks without a doubt. Your pay fluctuate faster then you can change your underwear. If you enjoy being a slave to a company that doesn't appericate real work ethics. They have been in trouble legally more times then I would like to mention.
Pros
outdoors, networking
Cons
no breaks, long hours, criminals, pay, inconsistent scheduling, no personal growth
alot of hands on experiance
Hard worker, great work ethic, easily trained (Former Employee) –  everywhereAugust 10, 2016
The jobs I have worked on have had alot of hands on experience and have done on the job training with me. They oftered a lot of overtime as well.
flagger force
crew member (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PAJuly 25, 2016
You might work your first 3 months with OT.
After that your dropped down to 15-25 a week.
Hardest part of the job:
breaks you probably won't get, drivers on road.
Pros
prevailing wage jobs
Cons
breaks if your lucky
Unorganized company
flagger (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 26, 2016
Work is slow. if your a crew member and don't take the random work they offer you dont get much work. if your not a crew leader you have to use your own car and gas. its not guaranteed full time.ills
very great people to work with
Advanced Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 1, 2016
i loved working for this company they were very hard workers, and my coworkers were great to work with they were also very hard workers. i learned a lot about building house and the amish peolpe
very inconsiderate, poor management
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2016
The work is extremely spotty, may work 2-3 days a week, if not less. Just a bad choice of company. Don't let the job description fool you. Some good people to work with just bad management
To many loop holes to allow them to do whatever they want
Flagger/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 5, 2016
Barely able to give bathroom breaks. Don't know where you are going until the day before or driving an hour more times then staying close even though there is work close to you.
Pros
Can get a work vehicle
Cons
Too many to count
I would get there and set up Lane Closures or Flagging Operations
Advanced Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2016
I learned how to set up Road Closures,Lane Shifts, Flagging Operations.The Co-workers were fine,I had to deal with different attiudes,and personalities. The hardest part of the job was watching out for speeding,reckless drivers.The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with different people.And seeing and finding new places that I've never been before.
Pros
traveling to new parts of the DMV, meeting new people
Cons
Dangerous and Reckless drivers
fun met lots of new people
Flagger (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 17, 2016
the job is very convenient for those that like to do alot of traveling and its very easy as long as you do the work how they trained you once you get that its smoth sailing from that point on.
Great Job but not guaranteed 40 hours
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 6, 2016
Hardest part about the job is getting 40 hours a week especially when the weather is unfriendly. Lots of standing but is well worth it if you are okay with standing long periods of time.
Rewarding Job in an Office Environment
Lead Employee Specialist (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 5, 2016
I have been with Flagger Force for several years working in the office. Just as they say Flagging isn't for everyone, working in the office environment for Flagger Force is not for everyone either.

When I first starting working for the company it was much different then it is now; I see many things have evolved (for the better); For example, the company has instituted more programs to invest in their employees - I say this because there is now more of a career path in place for people working in the office, and they have also added additional training for office staff.

Overall, the company has invested in more Fleet Vehicles, Safety Equipment, PPE, Buildings, and Technology to help take the company to the next level; and to make for a more pleasant work environment.

Working at Flagger Force in any capacity is hard but satisfying work. I would say that overall the work/life balance has gotten better; There are definitely times though where I need to stay late or come in early to get my tasks done. If you are looking for the type of position where you can clock in at 9AM and leave at 4:55PM everyday, then this is not going to be the right fit for you. I can honestly say that the majority of time that I am staying late or coming in early, it is because I choose to do so - not because I am forced to stay.

My day primarily consists of helping my team navigate through their day, and speaking with Field Employees on the phone/meeting with them in person to help them to resolve their issues. The office is more or less a call center environment. If being on the
  more... phone, and communicating with people is something that intimidates you, or if you don't care for that kind of work accepting a positions as an Operations Specialist will probably not be a good fit for you.

I have a genuine affection for working with the public and helping people. I enjoy speaking with our Field Employees each day on the phone and in person. Working at Flagger Force I have met many different people from all walks of life - the experience from that standpoint that I have gained have been invaluable and probably the most enjoyable part of my job.

The hardest part of my job is when a Field Employee speaks negatively about the "company" or tells me that I "don't care". Honestly, that could not be further from the truth! I care very deeply for our employees, and I always try to do everything I can to help them; Often times, there is a policy or a procedure that I have to adhere too; and the employee may not like what I am saying, and as a result take their frustrations out at me; and sometimes they can be very hurtful. If you are considering a position at Flagger Force it is important that you are able to take not take things personally.

At the end of the day, Flagger Force is pretty similar to other companies I have worked for; and the gripes are all pretty much going to be the same. For Example, there is not a single company out there that could not improve of their communication. Flagger Force is no different.

Overall I have enjoyed the time I have spent working for Flagger Force - and if I hadn't I guess I still wouldn't be working here!!
Pros
Opportunities for Growth, Fun Environment, Co-Workers, Learn new Skills

2.9