Flagler Hospital Employee Reviews

Flagler
LPN (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 18, 2016
medication administration, patient care, patient advocate, wound care, taking and receiving orders from physicians, lab draws, The most enjoyable was learning new experiences, and new people. Management was not available, co- workers formed small groups,
Pros
close to home.
Cons
no advancement, small tight knit group/community, pay was rated at the bottom
average
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLAugust 6, 2016
Good amount of PTO. The working environment could use some improvement. If management used the classes already in place to improve communications among employees and promote professionalism, it would be a much better environment. It seems to operate on the good "ole" boy system leaving employees that should be terminated or at least reprimanded to continue unprofessional behavior. This is disappointing.
Pros
PTO
Cons
high cost of insurance
This facility has not displayed a value for its employees
RN (Former Employee) –  Emergency RoomSeptember 25, 2016
As a former RN I would say that this employer lacks a sincere desire to maintain good employees. Poor compensation and a tolerance for management to isolate themselves in an elitist club. A beautiful place to live and work. It's too bad that Flagler Hospital is run by a board of trustees that are only interested in lining their pockets.
Pros
Beautiful place to live
Cons
Poor compensation. Magnet here is a joke.
I loved all the people I worked with> Management had alot of issues as far as changes policy and procedures daily
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLJuly 11, 2016
I worked at Flagler for 9 years the last 5 never got a raise. There was not a lot of acknowledgment on a job well done or even going above and beyond. The company itself would always get rid of positions just so they could have 1 person doing the job of 2 or 3. The upper management always took the side of the patient or family right or wrong.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Upper Management
Good people,friendly enviroment
Courier (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLNovember 15, 2015
Overall,nice comfortable environment with great work force.Compensation and benefits could be better. Management very nice. Allowed to work with little or no supervision.
Pros
Enviroment, people
Cons
Benefits and salary
Good hospital atmosphere
Radiologic Technologist- I (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLSeptember 7, 2016
I like the friendly work atmosphere at flagler hospital. Great coworkers and employees. It is a very beautiful hospital sitting on the intercoastal waterway.
Very productive experienced
Internship Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLJune 14, 2016
The staff are very respectful, the Director is very much coordinated to the staff and very approachable. I have so much fun and great learning experience during my stay in Flagler Hospital.
Compassionate and professional co-workers
Neurology, Renal, and Admissions Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLFebruary 28, 2016
Flagler Hospital aims to provide top quality nursing care and achieves the high standards that is outlined in their mission statement. The nursing teams work well together and accomplish their goals allowing patients and their families to receive optimal care.
Pros
cohesiveness of all staff in achieving their goals
Cons
limits to enlarging the campus
The hospital’s Medical Librarian and CME Coordinator took her time in explaining about the mission and vision of the CME program.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLSeptember 13, 2015
I completed my UCF's Graduate Internship Program at Flagler Hospital this summer, 2015. My internship coordinator was committed to helping me build the electronic data bases for the hospital’s continuing medical education program and activities. My internship experience was awesome and I feel like I was part of a professional team. The hospital’s Medical Librarian and CME Coordinator took her time in explaining about the mission and vision of the CME program and was also very helpful in my computer use especially the Microsoft Office Package, as such has improved my skills including in analytical, time management, organizational and customer service skills. The hospital has high quality medical care treatment and is conveniently located off US-1 and is only few miles off I-95. Thank you very much for my internship experience.
Pros
good workers
Cons
far away from home
This unit certainly teaches you more patience and compassion for your fellow human being.
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLNovember 2, 2015
Flagler Hospital as a whole is indeed a great place to work, but do choose your department or unit wisely. Understand your duties as they pertain to you and periodically review them with your supervisor. The hospital world is a very fast paced entity and the rules constantly change. Bottom line is that Flagler Hospital has an image to uphold and will do anything necessary to protect that image. Always keep that in mind and CYA. In the 1.9 years that I was employed in that particular unit 4 very prominent individuals were terminated and 3 long time employees left. employed That is an extremely high turnover rate for one unit. As well, most of the employees that still remain are extremely negative and petty. The staff is not cohesive and that has a great deal to do with the Director. You are only as positive as your leader. You cannot have that much divisiveness in an already tenuous unit. No sour grapes, I am not the type of person for that nonsense, just being honest. The unit can rebound if everyone put the patients first, not themselves.
Pros
Flagler Hospital has great opportunity for advancement.
Cons
The Mental Health Unit is a very stressful environment that requires better Spv. support.
Work Day
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLMarch 22, 2016
I also would verify insurances, collect co-pays and self-pay monies, answering telephones and scheduling return and new patients appointments. The hardest part of the job is were we would get a lot of Walk-backs from the doctors office. I really enjoyed my job.
it was a great place to work!!!
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLFebruary 29, 2016
everybody wasn't as hard as worker as me. but I was only man on team so I did a lot of double shifts cause girls always calling in sick.it was a fantastic job and I got employee of the month once out of 5500 employees.
Pros
my supervisore theresa was the best!
Cons
work ethic of others was aloud to slide.
An awesome place to work with great co-workers as long as Management wasnt involved
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLSeptember 18, 2014
I loved my job and I believe I was very good at it. Management on a regular basis would try to play one employee against the other. For staff who wasn't in Nursing the raises never some I was the almost 4 years with NO RAISE and it didn't look like there was an end to that trend in sight. The co-workers I had were awesome. But the morale stunk. There was no compensation for doing a job well at any point.
Pros
the people i worked with
Cons
management
busy fast paced
phlebotomist/clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine Beach, FLOctober 3, 2013
typical day at work includes greeting and registering out patients, obtaining lab specimens multi tasking includes various clerical duties, data entry multi phone lines, trouble shooting and problem solving for people with concerns and complaints.
learning new computer system in recent months.
the hardest part of the job was the commute.
co-workers helpful in all areas, management provided good support.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
commute. employees have not been given any cost of living raise in 6yrs
Such a disappointment
RN (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLNovember 17, 2012
I worked at Flagler and I will honestly say it is THE WORST place I have ever worked. The managers don't help, seems like they are all just having a great time together doing who knows what?! The floors are full of chaos and completely unorganized. There are certain staff who are allowed to slack off while the others work their butts off causing burn out- quick! When they say that nurses eat their young, this is the hospital that proves it. If you're not in the clique, prepare to be out of there fast! I'm happy the patients get good care but the pay for employees is below standard, the shift differentials are ok but good luck if you need 5 minutes to go to the bathroom. This hospital makes a lot of money as far as hospitals go but it goes right into the pockets of the share holders or an astonishingly expensive party for the board of trustees... Employees aren't invited!
Oh and as for insurance, they have a 12 month pre-existing clause that won't pay for anything... Not even an infection, if you've had one in the last 12 months. Excuse me for getting an ear infection more than once in a year! Thank you $255 bill!
Pros
education department, protocols for sepsis, cva etc.
Cons
salary, chaos, insurance, poor management, no team work
Great job and great staff
Telemetry Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLMarch 21, 2015
Very busy and diversified clerical work. I learned that staff is a necessary part of the workforce and we must work together to make the job function correctly. Management keeps all necessary information updated so all staff understands what is necessary to know. My co-workers were completely dedicated to their cause and taught me how to do the same. The hardest part of the job was caring for 40 patients and keeping them happy and relaxed. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving the job for other employment.
Pros
kind words and affection from patients and their families.
Cons
too many assignments during one shift.
fast pased enviroment
Patient Services/Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLNovember 2, 2015
This was the first time I ever worked in a hospital setting. I found that it was to fast for me, to different from an office perspective. Overall it was a good experience. Loved helping all kind of different patients.
Pros
discounts on lunches and at the duttie free shop
Cons
healthcare
Great place to learn, staffing issues
Relief Charge Nurse / Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  St Augustine, FLJune 16, 2015
This is an excellent place to learn the ropes as a nurse. Many of the senior people have been there for 20+ years and are usually very helpful with advice. The management fails only in the area of staffing, more often than not, time off is hard to get approved. I would definitely recommend them for the new nurse.
It was tolerable.
Medical Technologist MT (AAB) (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 14, 2014
I've worked in worse labs. The schedule here was terrible. 8 nights in a row before one off. Most people were ok. Policies were not followed and mostly ignored when told to HR.
Pros
working nights with nobody there
Cons
schedule, management, technological advancement
Fun work place
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJune 8, 2015
Very busy and at times their are staff shortages. The Employment Benefits or great: Health Insurance- Preferred Physician Plan allows choice of physicians with coverage up to 90 percent.
Pros
Great Staff, wonderful atmosphere and provider of great health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flagler Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.