Flagler Hospital

Flagler Hospital Employer Reviews

Excellent
Staff Nurse/Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Saint Augustine, FLNovember 7, 2014
I really enjoyed my job as a patient care technician. I learned how to deal with direct patient care which was a drastic change from my previous job in an office.
Interesting hospital to work for with pleasant atmosphere.
Medical Transcriptionist/Assistant to Manager (Former Employee), Saint Augustine, FLOctober 20, 2014
I enjoyed working there until the department I was in got bought out and I was able to go to work from home.
working there..
Registered Nurse I (Former Employee), Saint Augustine, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: this was the first position i had as a nurse, i have nothing else to compare it to
Cons: management needs to be more considerate of nursing, as far as staffing, ratios, and take in consideration how some of the patients can be a heavy load, .. not every nurse can work with 7 patients, sometimes it just takes 1 patient to consume your entire time on your shift
It was great to obtain employment, fresh out of Nursing school, and the nnurses I have worked with there are great ! The group I worked with on night shift are awesome team players, you never felt you were alone in an emergency and everyone was always willing to help each other,.. I will miss them
Small community hospital
Registered Nurse, BSN (Current Employee), Saint Augustine, FLOctober 11, 2014
The physicians are good to work with; management, not so much. Compensation is terrible, and not comparable to other hospital systems in the area.
Many wonderful people to work with
Patient Advocate, Emergency Care Center (Current Employee), Saint Augustine, FLOctober 3, 2014
I currently work here. The Emergency Department is fast-paced and a place in which one can make a difference in the experience of patients and their families.
An awesome place to work with great co-workers as long as Management wasnt involved
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Saint Augustine, FLSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: management
I loved my job and I believe I was very good at it. Management on a regular basis would try to play one employee against the other. For staff who wasn't in Nursing the raises never some I was the almost 4 years with NO RAISE and it didn't look like there was an end to that trend in sight. The co-workers I had were awesome. But the morale stunk. There – more... was no compensation for doing a job well at any point. – less
Poor nursing culture
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), St AugustineAugust 21, 2014
Pros: close proximity to house
Cons: low paying hospital
Poor advancement opportunities. Poor nursing culture. Low paying hospital.
Well known hospital, Good company
Pharmacy Technican (Former Employee), Saint Augustine,flAugust 18, 2014
Career advancement is great if you have the proper education to advance. I would recommend this company,
fast enviroment place to work,massive cooking
Chef (Current Employee), Saint Augustine, FLAugust 4, 2014
Place where I learn to be fast,give quality food for a lot of people,learn more about the nutricious content of food for patients and the different diets they need.
Fun place to work with great staff
Registered Respiratory Therapist II (Current Employee), Saint Augustine, FLJune 11, 2014
Not bogged down or over worked. People around that are always willing to help.
I AM A DEDICATED TECH TO EACH AND EVERY PATIENT I SERVE
Staff Technologist (Former Employee), Saint Augustine, FLJune 3, 2014
Pros: knowing my profession and performing it to the upmost of standards
Cons: healthcare changes in the last 10 years
I HAVE BEEN IN NUCLEAR MEDICINE SINCE 1978. I HAVE RUN MY OWN DEPARTMENT IN MANY INSTANCES, INCLUDING BEING AND EKG TECH, NUCLEAR PHARMACEUTICAL PREPARATION AND SPECIFICITY, ASSISTING PHYSICIANS WITH WHATEVER THEY NEEDED, OFFICE MANAGER, BILL COLLECTING, RADIOLOGY, AND PET SCANNING. I WOULD LIKE TO FIND EMPLOYMENT NEAR THE GAINESVILLE AREA.
Wory as a team
Biomedical Engineering Technician (BMET) (Former Employee), Flagler hospital, StAugustine, fl 32086May 12, 2014
Pros: lile work with people and repairing equipmebt.
Cons: cutback that hurt consurmer service.
Log on to computer, check for open work orders.
Check phone massages for work that came in over night by phone.
No mater how good your work is you need to repair the consumer too.
Management wants you to be successful.
Each person has something to give to the team.
Telling someone who needs the equipment that you need to order a part to repair the equipment.
Working – more... with people as a team. – less
Fun
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Augustine, FLApril 23, 2014
Fun and Friendly environment! They care about their employess!!
Wonderful hard working employees.
Manager of Transfusion Services (Current Employee), Saint Augustine, FLMarch 23, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: culture in the compay is a low, not my department.
I problem solve as I work with directors, managers, and physicians.
Productive workplace
Medical Billing and Coding Externship (Former Employee), Saint Augustine, FLFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good food
Cons: not enough time to enjoy lunch properly
Everyone have their days of stress, but seem to keep it professional.
Small hospital with many toxic leaders
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 27, 2014
Cons: very expensive staff services, such as meals
Toxic leadership that promote misconduct and lack experience with fair and safe distribution of work load. Also issues with horizontal violence and bullying, especially in surgical services. Advancement not based on job performance or perception of care by the patient, but rather by a ladder that demonstrates how many extracurricular activities you – more... do to promote the hospital to the community. – less
Good experience in a variety of settings
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 20, 2014
I had the opportunity to work with a variety of populations that included postpartum, GYN surgical, pediatric and newborn patients.
The staff was supportive of each other, and there were many opportunities to provide education to patients as well as staff related to current evidence-based issues related to Maternal-Child Nursing and Pediatric Nursing.
It was tolerable.
Medical Technologist MT (AAB) (Former Employee), Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: working nights with nobody there
Cons: schedule, management, technological advancement
I've worked in worse labs. The schedule here was terrible. 8 nights in a row before one off. Most people were ok. Policies were not followed and mostly ignored when told to HR.
expected excellency
paramedic/triage tech, pt care tech (Former Employee), Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: good pay, great hours, good co-workers and support
Cons: 12 hours shifts, only lunch breaks, typical er work
A typical work day was not typical n the emergency room. Anything but routine, but my job was stocking, greeting patients, doing vital signs, removing dressing or splints preparing pt for physician to see. once that was done, it was preparing pt to leave with dressing or splints, instructions and sign out. I worked closely with the ER physicians and – more... my nurse. Between the three of us we were a team. Something that we tried hard to develop.
AS for my hospital, One of the many routine things, was to educate ourselves and for that mater our patients as well, The hospital supported our learning of many things. WE as a group have helped earn the hos[ital many honors including one of the top three hospital in the US. There were are are other awards to and for this hospitals. again to many for me to remember.
It was a great place to work. Very family oriented especially for the staff. I lost my wife after 6 months of home care and the staff and my co-workers covered and supported me all during those 6 months. – less
High degree of professionalism.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), FLDecember 29, 2013
Pros: well equipped, respectful enviornment.
Cons: minimal opportunity for advancement.
Modern and well equipped facility with significant opportunity for therapist involvement.

1 2 3

About Flagler Hospital

Flagler Hospital is a 335 bed, acute care hospital that has been ranked among the top 5% of all hospitals in the nation for both – Read more

Flagler Hospital Photos