FlagStar Bank

FlagStar Bank Employee Reviews

Sr.Business Analyst/Scrum Master
Sr Business System Analyst / SCRUM Master (Current Employee), Troy, MIJune 24, 2015
The scope involved automated system for processing mortgages in a convenient, easy and economical manner. The platform provides a comprehensive suite of connectivity solutions designed to reduce the time line for loan processing
Good compensation- sales only job
Branch Manager, Bank Officer (Former Employee), Troy, MIJune 24, 2015
Sales driven culture. Only sales. Management, very little work life balance.

Typical day-

- Sales huddle with team a.m.
-Sales debrief thru out the day with team.
-Report sales at the end of the day. Electronically, phone sales meeting. Discuss what you can do better next day.
-record all sales/prospective sales during the sales day.
Management lacks "managing" skills
Mortgage Loan Closer (Current Employee), Troy MIJune 20, 2015
I have worked for this company for years. In this time, management has changed and not for the better. Managers are in meetings all day long where you cannot get with anyone if you need help. They have eliminated many positions so your work load has increased. Most days, you come in early, leave late and work through lunch just to try and get ahead.
Nationwide lending and banking
Sr Loan Officer (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaJune 16, 2015
Pros: Bigger bank, nationwide lending
Cons: Slow to process and close a mortage
Same as current job in all aspects accept for what had become very slow turn times for file processing. These slow turn times hindered my new realtor relationships in the fact that 25% of my pipeline production had to require closing date extensions to close/fund.
It was a fun place to work
Underwriter (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJune 1, 2015
It was a fun place to work. Lots of interaction with co-workers for support. The site manager wasn't so good. Managers at corporate office where easy to communicate with in general.
Managment was not easily worked with. I believe she has since retired.
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Dacula, GAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Good prodcuts to sell or offer to clients.
Cons: Prefered to be with a larger bank.
Solid bank. Good banking products to sell and offer to the banking clients. The clients were local.

Meetings in the morning to discuss the goals that needed to be reached and any concerns that had presented difficulties. Open discussions on how problems or issues should be handled.
Senior management stuck in pre-recession mind set.
Senior CSR, Wholesale Mortgage Lending Support (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Tight knit workforce and environment
Cons: Tribal knowledge rather than documented policy and procedure.
The organization is attempting to maintain and grow a niche market share through providing a superior degree of service to its business partners than competitors. Its daily operations are run however in a cost cutting mind set rather than an employee focused one which is required to provide best in class service, very effectively hamstringing itself.
fun and productive place to work
Teller/Personal Banker Part- Time (Current Employee), Pontiac, MIMay 15, 2015
learned basic banking skills, working with customers building relationships. the hardest part would be customer problems however, that was not really that hard just more demanding. the best part of the job was working as a team when the branch was busy and the great customers that we helped each day.
I had an opportunity to participate in many aspects of the baning industry during many challenging periods within the industry.
Regional Operations Manager - Retired (Former Employee), Troy, MIApril 30, 2015
Pros: Recognition and support.
Cons: None
Flagstar provides employees with the opportunity to work independently and in teams with support at all levels. I only retired because there comes a time when one wishes to scale back.

My goal here is to obtain a part time opportunity.
Expected work flow not adequate
Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Troy, MIApril 21, 2015
The workload was not adequate to keep me busy for a full quarter. Audits were finished and no additional work was given with several weeks left in the quarter.
Flagstar
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Grand Ledge, MIApril 15, 2015
Flagstar does not care about the people that work for them. They will work you to death and not even blink an eye. I loved some of my co-workers. I have made some of my best friends there.
Great work place
Teller (Current Employee), Grand Ledge, MIMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great people to be around
Cons: Not much pay
Awesome team and managers, I love the environment and the city that I work in. A bank requires you to do the same thing everyday basically. You just have to follow certain steps and remember them each day.
Not the best and not the worst place to work
Former bank officer/manager (Former Employee), WA stateMarch 14, 2015
Pros: there are some really great, caring people there who want you to succeed
Cons: old salary standard, egocentric corp attitude, poor leadership, won't allow internal growth for employees
When the company was still owned by the Hammond family it was great. Lots of opportunity, they cared about the employees, and they knew their business. After the private equity firm got involved everything – more... devolved quickly. Those in control of the bank's future lost site of what had made them successful, which included a constant change in upper management, policies, and vision. Huge salary inequities and senior management doesn't seem to care. I would not recommend Flagstar Bank to anyone right now. If they can find their way again and refocus on what made them successful (the employees) then they might be able to redeem their former glory. – less
Good company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), MichiganFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: salary lower than national average
Good company. Career development is 2015 focus. Customer service is exceptional. Employee training for new hires are outstanding and continuous training. Customer support is always available for both employees and customers.
Productive and professional workplace
Document Indexer (Former Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day consisted of going through loan applications to ensure needed documents were in file. I learned a lot about loan applications. The management toward the end of my tenure was nit picky about – more... department potlucks and what foods we could/couldn't eat at our desk. The co-workers were friendly for the most part. The hardest part was dealing with the management changing attitudes but the most enjoyable part was the lifelong friendships I made. – less
It's a job
Post-Closing (Current Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: expensive healthcare, don't work a full 40 hours
Co-workers are nice, same job everyday, it gets boring after a while, but I've learned a lot about mortgages. You have to take a full 1 hour lunch, unless there is overtime. Team leads meet with you every two weeks to let you know how you're doing.
Current Servicing Management
First Vice President (Former Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 24, 2015
So many incredible employees that are very unhappy. The current management is not team focused.
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 7, 2015
The bank as a hole, there is too much politics and gossip to have a happy work place.
Stress
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 6, 2015
I thought I was at the right Company at the right time in my life. I thought wrong. Management misleads you. You work lots of overtime as a salary employee!
Corporate Bank in an uncertain banking environment
CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 4, 2015
Organization trying to find a direction in a difficult time for mortgage banking. Upper level management seems to change semi-regularly, often bringing in new ideas and methods that demonstrate a certain lack of understanding of what the production and support employees attempt to accomplish.

1 2 3 4 5

About FlagStar Bank

Flagstar Bancorp is the holding company for Flagstar Bank, which operates about 115 branches (including some in retail stores) in – Read more

FlagStar Bank Salaries