FlagStar Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Loss Mitigation Underwriter - Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 17, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing files in the loss mitigation process. Trying to determine if the borrower(s) qualified for a mortgage modification.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Poor management
excellent working environment and enjoy working with my co-workers
Bilingual Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIApril 29, 2016
The main tasks I performed were opening and closing accounts and
Assisting clients with finances. t was a good working environment so enjoyed my work and the day was going fast.
Great company!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIApril 13, 2016
Flagstar truly is a great company to work for! A lot of what we do is very rewarding. Wonderful people, and wonderful benefits.
Stay away!!
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 17, 2016
The CEO is very passionate about the company. He really needs to know how the market manager is treating the employees. Very Threatening, nothing is good enough, you make numbers and grow the branch with no staff or support, with it still not being good enough. No support from HR, hostile environment. No work life balance. No compassion, poor values with both employees and customers. It's all about the numbers not about the employees and customers well-being!!
Worst decision I ever made was working there!!
Pros
No longer working in a high stress threatening work place.
Cons
Market and area managers are unsupportive, You are threatened everyday about numbers, No concern for the employees which are the front line to the customers, Hostile environment with upper management, You have no voice and I feel that the CEO needs to really look at who is managing the market!
Extremely demanding with poor upper management
Homelending Processing Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 28, 2016
A typical day at work is watching over your shoulder. I learned that the previous management was fair and equal. Upper management now is very hands off. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with, not for. I learned that by working with an upper management staff that was a clique is not productive.
Pros
Benefits package is good
Cons
Upper management micro managing
Ok
FSR (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 11, 2016
Overworked underpaid, advancement is near impossible within a branch Cold calling loyal customers is probably the worst downfall of all though. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and the general public. Benefits are reasonable. Dress code is not super strict so you can dress causal, no jeans unless authorized.
Worst company ever!
Personal relationship banker/assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJanuary 20, 2016
I've already written a review on this but I'll do it again. No technology, no good help, bad managers, and no organized system of any kind. I really don't know how this bank is surviving. Even when you reach out to HR about branch issues, nothing seems to happen.
Great company when family owned. Going coorporate brought many negative effects.
Assistant Vice President/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Offered constant training and personal development in multiple areas. Flexible work hours. Consumer motivated. Competitive wages. Developed good internal and external relationships.

Cons: At-will employment. No job security. Gender descrimination. Lacked upper-management support.
Excellent Benefits
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 4, 2016
Overall a great place to work. The good and the bad come with most any position, and it also depends on the particular location you are at. Each office is managed differently.
Daily exercise of work
Reasearch Team (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 18, 2015
It was the first time I ever was in contact with a mortgage company and individual clients. It was a great experience dealing with and satisfying customers.
Pros
Reconizing good work
Cons
Lack of professionall disipline
Summary
Senior Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Berkley, MINovember 3, 2015
I've learned that threat management / fear based management doesn't work for me. I appreciate encouragement and being coached up. I support and encourage my direct reports. I try to help them be better employees. It makes such a difference in their performance and development.
Enjoyable atmosphere
Research in post-closing (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 29, 2015
Highly respected manager in our department. Fair, hard-working, very amenable personality. The salary at that time was far, far less than I was used to and, for the position of LO Assistant it would need to be upgraded.
Worked with manager in previous companyies
Sr.Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 20, 2015
Good company, good rates fair underwriting, great staff. Eventually had to leave because of conflicts with other AE who had started before me.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Prblems with anothe AE
Excellent place to work and grow, great advancement opportunity
Legal Administrator/Fraud Clerk (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 9, 2015
Started off as Office clerk, within 6 months was promoted to Legal Administrator. A typical day was full of multi-tasking. fast paced office with accelerating assignments. Enjoyed my colleagues and their helpfulness in my training to be able to turn-around and assist them with my office management skills and to enhance our office unity and teamwork. Met many legal deadlines because of my willingness to jump in and assist. Learned so many aspects of the legal field. worked with the attorneys, the paralegal and the fraud clerks as well; had a great team.
Pros
Salary compensation, able to work at own pace, excellent team assistance and unity.
Cons
Not enough time in the day.
fun actives
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 6, 2015
raising money for breast awareness months. Free lunch, sell things to raise money. Corkers are willing to help you if you need help with anything or have questions.
Overall enjoyable internship.
Flagstar Bank Internship (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 30, 2015
A typical day at work was getting through about 60 mortgage loans. This included a lot of phone calls, as well as research. I learned how to communicate well through the phone in order to get the information that I needed. I also learned how to multi-task as I was taking incoming phone calls as well as working on multiple loans at the same time. My manager was not very hands on because she expected her employees to get their work done, and problem solve on their own. My coworkers were a pleasure to work with for the most part, and the other interns on my team made the summer very fun. The hardest part of the job was getting used to being in a phone cue, as well as dealing with difficult people (including the brokers). The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom I was granted as an intern. I had a lot of responsibility, and it was refreshing to be able to work without having a manager over my shoulder every step of the way.
Pros
Good food, fun interns, good pay
Cons
Slightly dull workplace
I like the job I was doing very much
Imaging Representive (Former Employee) –  5151 Corporate Dr. Troy, MichiganSeptember 28, 2015
I did people soft cases, email request, audits, scanned files into IDM
when asked, Indexed files when asked (naming documents in IDM).

There were different programs I had learned Bravura, Excell, People soft. I got along well with the manager and my coworkers. I enjoyed
doing the job I was doing as for the hardest part I don't think that the job was hard.
Pros
Benefits, Vacation time
Team work
Loan Funding Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 22, 2015
We have a team of people in our area that are always willing to help.
In my last 5 years here (in this exact dept) I can honestly say it has come a long way. It is actually a pleasure to come to work.
Pros
Cafe'
Cons
end of the month but it's a nature of the job
All in the resume.
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  New Hudson, MISeptember 10, 2015
Flagstar's was not contributing in efforts to make themselves or myself profitable. To much of a care free and undisciplined attitude towards business.
A great place to work to learn about the mortgage process
Post Closing Auditor/Senior Hud Review Associate (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 7, 2015
A typical day at work includes working mortgages trying to make sure there were no errors made in the mortgage process. The goal being to make sure the borrower wasn't charged any extra fees during the process.
Since starting at Flagstar I have learned all about the loan review process and all about the hud review process. The most enjoyable part of the job is saving the borrower money. Flagstar overall is a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FlagStar Bank. Our community is ready to answer.