FlagStar Bank Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Sr. Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 10, 2017
Flagstar is pretty laid back, but all about the business as well. There's no pressure and everybody is treated fairly. The working environment promotes teamwork and upward mobility.
Pros
Excellent support
Cons
I had to move.
Busy work days
Entry Level (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 7, 2017
Preparing reporting, learned several programs for reporting. Great place with exceptional benefits. The company does a nice job of acknowledging the staff.
Benefits
Cons
Should offer more remote work
fun place
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 4, 2017
Flagstar is wonderful place to work There is a lot to learn and very challenging. Requires a lot of overtime to complete daily tasks. I learned many different things
Great people to work for
Associate General Counsel/First Vice President (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 30, 2017
In the old regime, it was a great environment and a great learning experience. One of my favorite jobs that I have had, Some travel involved, which I enjouyed.
NO Comment
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 29, 2017
Flag star is a goo company to work for, they do not micromanage which is something I can appreciate. The staff is friendly and the food In the lunch area is pretty good.
Wonderful people to work with!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIApril 17, 2017
I worked at Flagstar Bank for 13 years and I wish I was still working there. I had to resign because I moved out of state, otherwise I would still be there! I had a great manager who was always willing to coach you and help you reach your potential. I worked with a wonderful group of people and miss them dearly! I was part time and my schedule was perfect and allowed me to have a balance between my work life and home life.
Pros
Wonderful people to work with, great schedule, paid vacations
Cons
I moved out of state and had to leave the company
Thankful for the opportunity
Data Integrity Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIApril 17, 2017
Took a lot of tips that I've applied to future careers that I've taken, from Flagstar Bank. It was a great time working here and I am thankful for the opportunity .
Flagstar is definitely a company to watch, great things are happening
Supervisor, Final Document Department (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 26, 2017
high pace environment, there is always something new to learn about or do, the most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the hardest part is having too much work and not enough employees to handle the workload
Pros
HR has made quite a few significant changes
Cons
high pace environment that practices that lean philosophy
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMarch 20, 2017
Typical corporate where will not think out of the box and change LO's spread through region no communication from branch manager or support for files that need help
Pros
Health Benefits
Small Bank Feel
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 10, 2017
Overall good company to work for, but the systems were very outdated and upper management was changing all the time. Most of my department was laid off to cut costs.
Very Negative setting
Customer Engagement Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 7, 2017
I worked for flagstar bank for about 12 months and well the setting was very negative people where bad talking other people as well as managers getting into arguments with subordinates.
Pros
bad experience
Cons
Stay away
Apply
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Utica, MIMarch 4, 2017
I love to hear at this job. The management was very understanding and if you ever needed a day off for an emergency came up they were very good handling the situation. You get paid holiday pay although you don't work on that day. The open door policy really exist there.
Pros
Pay, Advancement
Terrible Place To Work For
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Downriver MarketMarch 3, 2017
All politics at Flagstar Bank. You had to know someone to move up and when they do, they set you up for failure. FSB's upper management only cared about hitting monthly goals and would turn a blind eye to unethical practices. This place does not care about their employees. They micro manage you to the fullest and have zero confidence in their employees which leads to a very stressful environment. Avoid if possible. FSB is a terrible place to work for.
Pros
The free coffee
Cons
Upper Management, Pay, Politcs
it was very busy
Senior Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 17, 2017
no comment, no comment
I do not have a review, lots of overtime, too many hours and management is on east coast time, which makes your life very difficult after 2pm
Very relax, friendly place to work
Payment Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 9, 2017
Even though I commute an hour to get to work. I enjoy my job and have great co-workers. At our headquarters we have corporate dining, so lunch is always great.
Pros
Corporate dining, many other perks
Cons
It is an hour from home for me
fun place to work
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 1, 2017
Company was flexible, received my DE from this company. Management was great and was always a fun place to work. Hardest part of my job was being to hard on myself
A great place to work for college students!
Summer Intern/Reserve Teller (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIJanuary 30, 2017
I made great money and got a lot of hours. The time you work fits that you will still have the day ahead of you. My coworkers were great and we truly bonded!
Great people
Conventional Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 28, 2017
People that work here from my experience are quality individuals. However it is difficult to advance when you get entrenched into a role.
Cons
Hard to advance
Management is Poor
Processor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 27, 2017
The bank retail department is only 5% of business and suffers as upper management does not seem to pay attention to the department. Human Resources does not support employees, i guess they need to support who pays them.
If not in the group, they want you gone. Poor leadership, contributed to hiring unqualified people.
Companies plans to grow in the Pacific SW area where shortlived.
Senior Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 26, 2017
Promises were made that the company would be expanding in this area. I unfortunately was the victim of a lay off due to shortage of work and now forced to search for a new job.
Pros
worked remote, worked well with my coworkers
Cons
management remote

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FlagStar Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9