This position is responsible for assuring the timeliness and accuracy of inventory typically located in production facilities, distribution centers and/or warehouses. This position requires strong analytical and communication skills. A strong level of financial ownership and accountability ensuring appropriate inventory and financial controls and results achieved. An improvement mindset and high intensity for achieving great results is absolutely required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement inventory systems and deliver annual inventory cost reductions.
- Aged and obsolete inventory analysis.
- Coordinate and manage the physical inventory process.
- Implement and improve processes that protect and safeguard inventory from damage, theft, and losses.
- Implement and maintain a cycle counting program.
- Deliver continuous improvement recommendations and justifications to drive improvements.
- Enact and support change cross functionally.
- Operational planning including development of budgets, plans and forecasts.
- Adhere to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties.
Education: 4 year college degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or Economics required. APICS Certification desired.
Experience: 2 plus years of progressive and demonstrated inventory management experience in a manufacturing environment. Previous supervisory experience desired.
Skills: Strong systems understanding including ERP, WH Management Systems, logistics, and MS Office. A continuous improvement mindset with the ability to lead and support multiple projects. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Database skills desired.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, stretch, stoop, bend, and use hands and fingers. This position requires the employee to be able to read, write, and communicate orally in English. In addition the employee must be able to hear and have color vision.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer.