Flagstone Foods Employee Reviews

Training is abyssmal
Packaging Materials Planner (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 5, 2017
This place seemed great but given some time it is extremely fast paced. They jump you in with little training & if you feel underwater they expect you to figure it out on your own. Co-workers provide conflicting messages than management so you get no help from anyone. They promised systems but never implement them.
Pros
small but growing company
Cons
stressful
It's like a sweatshop
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 21, 2016
All the employees are overworked and under paid sometimes they even have to work seven days a week . The pay is not even that good and it's a very dangerous place to work the company is very unsafe they do not teach the employees proper safety procedures . Even their insurance is not even worth the paper it's printed on there are other places to work in Minnesota that I have better pay better health care and safer warehouse.
Pros
There are no pros at this warehouse
Cons
Everything is a con at this place
unfair .low pay hard work .alot favoritism
process owner (Former Employee) –  MPLS, MNMay 20, 2016
Supervisors know nothing. Hires friends of upper management. N requires operators and do everything. Most people can't evemvspeak English.
Pros
hours
Cons
breaks . bosses .pay workload like all revoews say .rathervwork at mcd
Employees are not valuable at this company- HIGH TURN OVER
finance (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 21, 2015
This company tells you one thing in the interview and then expects a completely different set of skills once you are hired.
Their processes are extremely antiquated and they keep acquiring larger companies.
This is a recipe for unhappy and overworked employees.

Their is very little management on premise and the group that they currently have is very inexperience with little knowledge for the the industry.They have a "figure it out, but never make mistakes attitude."
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Growing too fast with very antiquated processes
Very unfair place to work!
Process Owner (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, mnApril 11, 2015
I work there as a operator for 4 year and started as a temp and was making $8.50 and I had to work for almost 1 year before they hire me full-time. In my 4 year there I still making under $15, my first year I got my raise and receive 5 cent. My 2nd year I receive 13 cent and my 3rd year 25 cent and my 4th 20 cent , so if you do the math it not even a dollar. The owner and upper management don't care as long they get there product out the door. Plus they let all the good worker go and hire of street and they get paid more than there regular worker that been there for year and that screw up! scamport!. please people stay away from there they will promised you this and that but they can shovel it where the sun don't shine! It a sweat shop they take advantage for people who don't speck English and pay them low!!
Pros
The people are so nice and friendly!
Cons
Worker are to under paid/ It a sweat shop, uppermanagement don't care about worker.
CPG Food
Business Manager / Controller (Current Employee) –  Robersonville, NCApril 9, 2015
Company has grown significantly in 3 years and was part of that growth. Recently acquired by Treehouse Foods. As a member of the executive team of the largest plant adaption to growth and change was the main learning.
Stressful, high turn over, lean and mean
QA tech (Current Employee) –  mplsFebruary 28, 2015
Overworked, stressful, long hours, mgt expectations unreasonable, high termination rate, high turn over of employees at all levels. Company lacking respect for employees, integrity, team work, honesty. What Flagsone Corporate says is different then what they actually do. Not a healthy work environment to work in.
Pros
Nice facility, excellent benefits and pay
Cons
Long hours, stressful, company philosphy is to run lean and profit first and only priority, corporate cold and play games
No appreciation for anything
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 22, 2014
This company makes you assimilate to catch phrases and directives. Management asks the world of production and talks out both sides of their mouth. If you have any intelligence at all, run away from this place, run very far away. They will smile to get you in, but the smile will fade and be replaced with resentment. Subsequently, not a good place of employment.
Pros
Production staff
Always exciting
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 6, 2014
The company is in transition form a 2 shift shop to running 24/7 and the challenges that we were confronted with were always exciting.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
14 hr work days
If you like corporate America apply here...
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 21, 2013
Company was bought out 3 years ago and we went from a family owned company where the owner knew 80% of his 200 employees by name on sight to being a corporate cog. Huge change for everyone! And, as with most buyouts, the new owners (just investors looking for a profit anyway they can get it) brought in a lot of "new brooms".
Cons
Crazy long hours with no recognition
Good Company
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 25, 2013
I really enjoy the communication that upper management have with their employees. The company notices and rewards your hard work and effort.