Flambeau Inc.

Flambeau Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Worst Job I've Ever Had
Press Operator (Former Employee), Sharon Center, OHFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: short commute
Cons: literally everything under the sun
This company works people to the bone, 6-7 days a week, asks them to do 12 hour shifts on top of that sometimes. The work is not hard, but the people in management are very inept. The HR manager walks the production floor looking for petty things to fire people over. I have NEVER seen that in any other manufacturing setting I've worked in. The turnover rate is ridiculous. I was there for 9 months, and saw them go through over 400 temps.

The work is not bad, if the hours were stable they wouldn't be bad either. But you could never be sure you would have a job from day to day. Usually there was no point in learning names because they would probably be gone as soon as you did. This was true of all departments; production, quality, supervisors, techs, etc. They couldn't get enough people to maintain their presses; they'd constantly be leaking oil everywhere and breaking down all the time. People got sick of hearing how it was their fault that nothing worked right or bad product kept coming out of the machines.

Even if you could get past all that, the HR manager is the icing on the cake. Usually human resources is supposed to be on the side of the workers and to help them with problems. The manager is so unsociable, no one would ever want to talk to her about anything.

Production jobs for that wage are a dime a dozen, best thing to do is find another one because you will regret wasting any of your life at this place. No one needs to feel so much negativity and be blamed for everything all the time, it isn't healthy. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Great Store
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Madison, GAJanuary 21, 2015
This store I worked for 9 years and loved every minute of it. I had a wonderful manager and did all I could to help him.

He helped me get started when I bought the store.
Weldon Plant took on a life and culture of its on
Set-up Operator (Former Employee), Weldon, NCJanuary 5, 2015
A wonderful place to work.learn, and advance, A real shame this particular plant was closed, but the Company moves on. Weldon plant had a true open door policy to Management.
I would not recommend this company
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 31, 2014
Pros: none come to mind
Cons: to many to mention
I would not recommend working for this company, as it has a very hard time adapting to professionals that are actually accustom to driving down cost, increasing margins and keep accurate metrics to measure performance.
Easy job, poorly managed
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Middlefield, OHNovember 24, 2014
A typical day consisted of collecting items from the warehouse to fill customer orders, palletizing products and preparing them to be shipped, loading and unloading of trucks, filling paperwork for customer orders, restock of warehouse...
I learned a lot about UPS Shipping Management software and FedeX Shipping software.
Management was poorly organized and my co-workers lacked enthusiasm for their job.
dirty , poor management
person (Former Employee), wadsworthNovember 20, 2014
Pros: absolutely none
Cons: short breaks lunch room dirty
No one knows what there doing, Bathrooms are dirty. only 1 toilet works in each one. dirty place to work.
It's like working in a ghetto.
very poor management. No one knows what there doing.
They hire and fire constantly.
I wouldn't tell my worst enemy to work here.
place needs closed down , they need all new bosses .
supervisors are a joke. You get wrote up or fired for the least little thing.
Don't stop to blow your nose , they'll fire you for not making quota.
They lie to people , treat employees like dirt.
belonging to quarter century club
preess operator (Former Employee), Baraboo, WINovember 5, 2014
Pros: quarter centry club
Cons: short bearks
learn to run different jobs worked jobs with or without a coworker
Productive place
Press Operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2014
Pros: good co workers
Cons: roaches in lunch break room
Walk in get assigned to your work station review the bomb/ parts required for machine read the defects and what to look for. Remove product from machine inspect and package product and label it. Stand for 8 hours in a hot environment.
I have enjoyed working for Flambeau it has been wonderful company to work for.
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee), Weldon, NCJune 1, 2014
This has been a fair company to work for with good benefits. I have met a lot of people over the years and we have become one big happy family. Our plant is closing in June but I have learned to work with all types of personalities. A typical day at work is working steady. Management has been very friendly, the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people. I enjoy working in shipping because I get to meet people from all walks of life. I especially enjoy talking with salesman and truck drivers
worst place to work in ga
PRODUCTION (Former Employee), MADISONMay 14, 2014
Cons: everything
any good tech would not work for this dive, they had some real good techs and ran them out the door because of their bad management and pay, the production manager does not know his job at all , he has a smart mouth on him , talks to employees nice in front of them then when he is with supervisors h bad mouths all the employees, and upper management

I WORKED FOR THIS PLACE FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS AND IT IS THE WORRST PLACE YOU COULD EVER WANT TO WORK I WOULD WATCH OUT
Productive work place
Jr. Project Manager (Current Employee), PhoenixMay 12, 2014
Great place to be but management could use some work. i was responsible for: Reporting project progress to senior managers, identifying inefficiencies and recommending solutions. delegating tasks, documenting all project-related assignments, issues and risks. i was also the “Smart Hands” Representative.
Constant Customer Complaits
Quality (Current Employee), madisonMay 9, 2014
Pros: there is nothing good about flambeau
Cons: worst place to work.
Dirty Sums it. Bathrooms has a stinch. Found Roaches in boxes of parts . Work 7 days A week. Week after week. Low pay. Insurance is a joke. Only give 35 cent raises. The person next to you may be paid 14.00 you will be paid 9.25 pay scale is very unfair.
Steady job with benefits
Blow Mold Operator (Former Employee), Baraboo, WIApril 30, 2014
Pros: steady job that payed decent wages and offered benefits
Cons: little opportunity for advancement
The job is very physical and hot in the summer time. there is very little room for advancement.I wish I could say something good about my immediate supervisor,but I cant.I know your not suppose to talk negative about your past employer but my experience with Flambeau was not a good one.The only good thing I can say is it was a steady job that was close to home. Sorry, I would've prefered to say nothing at all.
Worst management team I ever worked for.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Sharon Center, OHApril 6, 2014
Working here means no personal time or weekends off. You will be told on a daily basis that you are doing something wrong even if that was the way you were told to do it.
There is no future here.
operator (Former Employee), barabooMarch 17, 2014
Pros: operators are mostly nice, always hiring cause so many people quit.
Cons: work conditions, complacency, union
Press operator jobs will run a person into the ground, the work is noisy, dusty, hot, monotonous and all around unrewarding. Hard work and dedication will get you nowhere. Once an operator is broken and close to retirement, they get fired, I saw it, it was so sad, the place destroyed this guy's wrists so they told him they couldn't use him anymore, 60 years old, done the same job for decades and they tossed him to the curb. Managers and HR are like a flock of seaguls, they fly in, poo on everything then fly off. There is no loyalty between the company and the workers. There is an open shop union here that the owners despise and take out the workers. Single issues aren't dealt with when they arise on a case by case basis, instead, absurd rules are made up or long standing policies interpreted differently. Silly things like if you cross your name off a voluntary overtime list - You Get Fired. If you sign up for a different position, then decide you don't want if, you have to take the job, cross your name off the list? Get Fired. This company has been shutting down it's American operations and is in love with cheap exploited labor from China and Mexico. The pay is awful. They are "self insured", you can figure out what that means. Most of the workers are nice and decent people, some aren't, same as anywhere. The intrusion into your personal life is crazy. They force you to do a company blood draw to check your "wellness". Refuse? You bet, written up, maybe fired. At one time, they even had all the regular soda removed from the vending machines and forced you to buy that diet junk with all the chemicals in it. Don't even step in the front door, unless you are on huber and need a job.
No advancement at this job horrible management skills.Supervisors have no knowledge of what their doing
Warehouse (Former Employee), Phoenix azFebruary 25, 2014
Worst company I have ever been a part of operations manger has no people skills or has value towards his employees...This is a great place if u want to be treated horrible by the supervisors and upper management
Rewarding job and advancement when desired.
warehouse forklift op (Current Employee), Baraboo, WIDecember 20, 2013
Pros: most work is indoors
Cons: heat and cold seasonably throughout the year
Work is rewarding, never the same old thing. jobs change daily along with daily requirements.Promptness, the ability to due what i set out to do as needed.Is knowing i did my job as to best of my abilities come the end of each day.
positive work place
Shift Supervisor/Process Technician (Current Employee), Redlands CaliforniaNovember 6, 2013
always coming in with positive attitude and seeing new projects. that a wait me on my shift.always setting up machine and troubleshooting problems. good with blow molding and extrude injection molding as well. with micro programmers.
a very fast pace job
Press Operator (Former Employee), Baraboo, WINovember 1, 2013
a good place to work, a very fast place work environment , completing the cycle time before the press opened again and running the product through the finishing line in about 60 seconds
including the packaging of the product when I worked in the warehouse I was responsible for loading and unloading trucks, completing the proper paper work , removing the product from the press and putting it away in the warehouse, also getting the product ready to ship
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Sharon Center, OHOctober 16, 2013
Very busy... time flies
Co-Workers are team players which makes work enjoyable

1 2 3

About Flambeau Inc.

Flambeau, Inc. brings plastic to life for thousands of businesses and millions of professionals, hobbyists, and enthusiasts worldwide. – Read more

Flambeau Inc. Salaries