Flambeau Inc.

Flambeau Inc. Employee Reviews

Is a good place to work but is still learning what it takes to be successful with a young management team
Warehouse manager (Current Employee) –  Sharon Center, OHJanuary 16, 2016
It is a good place to learn and grow as all of the people from top to bottom are fun to work with. I have learned a lot there in my capacities as lead supervisor and warehouse manger.

The management team works together very well and are a solid staff of skilled individuals but most are relatively new to their positions.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with machines who's maintenance and upkeep have been overlooked and now trying to compensate for those issues.

Most enjoyable part of working with Flambeau has been seeing the changes we have made as far as churn and growth in the monthly bottom line.
liked working in this field.
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Madison, GANovember 27, 2015
I really liked working at this job. A typical day was fun and exciting. There was some difficult people to work with that like to keep rumors and things like that going on the work floor and the H.R. Manager failed to discipline the correct people for these actions. H.R. manager was solely out for her own benefits and didn't care who was right or whom was wrong she was more like the first person in her office was the person telling the truth and didn't consider the real facts. I had a lot of good co-workers whom I respected very much. The hardest part of this job was not the job itself but the harassment being given by a particular supervisor on second shift that the H.R. manager allowed to continue in the work place. The most enjoyable was all the good people I met while working for this company and the fact that it was located close to my residence.
Pros
bonus days for perfect attendance, safety bingo. etc. over all a decent place to work.
Cons
only had two breaks one 10 min. and one 20 min. for lunch.
Good learning opportunity
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2015
Fun place to work at due to the diversity of associates. Bad is that the operators were unskilled and little training was provided in order for associates to become truly productive.
production operator
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Madison, GANovember 7, 2015
The work place and jobs duties was but the management was very unprofessional. Operators was trained poorly and treated poorly
Degrading work enviroment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sharon Center, OHOctober 1, 2015
Focused to highly on hourly performance after bringing in a large number of foreign refugees that can not speak English. Older employees tend to be hateful towards new highers. Company has alot of drama in the plant that management does not help in solving.
IT sucks
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAJuly 27, 2015
The supervisors dont think of their workers. They do not care whats going on in your personal life. HR is even worse they will write you up for anything
My time at Flambeau
Quality/Manufacturing Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZJuly 24, 2015
Good experience. No room for advancement. Lack of leadership. Really good hourly people. Didnt always look after the customers.
I've learned alot from Flambeau...
Injection Molding Operator/Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 8, 2015
I've learned alot from Flambeau because of the people that I'm working with.. they're easy to approach and nice especially the Supervisors.. The hardest part of this job is just we have short breaks and the environment.. They don't have an A/C nor Heater..
Pros
Free Drinks at summer
Cons
Short Breaks.
Working at Flambeau
Machine operator/packer (Former Employee) –  Madison, georgiaMay 30, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Flambeau. I was taught how to run a few different machines. I also learned how to run a machine that printed on products. At that time we was making tool boxes. It was a new experience to me.
Pros
They had a very good training team.
Cons
The breaks were not long enough.
Fun, Fast-paced, Friendly
Invoicing/Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INMay 21, 2015
If you enjoy a fast-paced work environment, the warehouse was the place. Each of the warehouse staff were responsible for their own set of orders to pull, document, tag, and ship. There was always something to learn about logistics and we had a supervisor who was willing to teach. Compensation was average for the region. At such a small company, growth potential was limited however, the supervisor always acknowledged your hard work. The most difficult thing about the job was occasionally having to lift 40-50lbs but that was very rare. The department was willing to cross-train anyone who was willing to learn and it made the job more fun. I also enjoyed meeting many different people (truck drivers) from around the country.
Pros
good job security, loyal to employees, regular raises
Cons
few opportunities for promotion
poorly managed to many supervisors, not even the boss knows what he's doing
whereever they put me (Former Employee) –  sharon centerMarch 15, 2015
They fired me for no good reason at all. I worked hard.
to many managers. the boss does not care about the employees.
dirty place
unfriendlly
no one knows what there doing
dirty place.
there for hire sign is constantly out in front of the place.
they hire and fire constantly.
they fired a guy who put in a full days work..called him on his cell phone and fired him that day.
do yourself a favor.. RUN from this place
this company is a joke
they need to close it down and get all new management
Pros
there are none
Cons
dirty, they write you up for everything
Worst Job I've Ever Had
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Sharon Center, OHFebruary 11, 2015
This company works people to the bone, 6-7 days a week, asks them to do 12 hour shifts on top of that sometimes. The work is not hard, but the people in management are very inept. The HR manager walks the production floor looking for petty things to fire people over. I have NEVER seen that in any other manufacturing setting I've worked in. The turnover rate is ridiculous. I was there for 9 months, and saw them go through over 400 temps.

The work is not bad, if the hours were stable they wouldn't be bad either. But you could never be sure you would have a job from day to day. Usually there was no point in learning names because they would probably be gone as soon as you did. This was true of all departments; production, quality, supervisors, techs, etc. They couldn't get enough people to maintain their presses; they'd constantly be leaking oil everywhere and breaking down all the time. People got sick of hearing how it was their fault that nothing worked right or bad product kept coming out of the machines.

Even if you could get past all that, the HR manager is the icing on the cake. Usually human resources is supposed to be on the side of the workers and to help them with problems. The manager is so unsociable, no one would ever want to talk to her about anything.

Production jobs for that wage are a dime a dozen, best thing to do is find another one because you will regret wasting any of your life at this place. No one needs to feel so much negativity and be blamed for everything all the time, it isn't healthy. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
short commute
Cons
literally everything under the sun
Great Store
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAJanuary 21, 2015
This store I worked for 9 years and loved every minute of it. I had a wonderful manager and did all I could to help him.

He helped me get started when I bought the store.
Weldon Plant took on a life and culture of its on
Set-up Operator (Former Employee) –  Weldon, NCJanuary 5, 2015
A wonderful place to work.learn, and advance, A real shame this particular plant was closed, but the Company moves on. Weldon plant had a true open door policy to Management.
I would not recommend this company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 31, 2014
I would not recommend working for this company, as it has a very hard time adapting to professionals that are actually accustom to driving down cost, increasing margins and keep accurate metrics to measure performance.
Pros
none come to mind
Cons
to many to mention
Easy job, poorly managed
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHNovember 24, 2014
A typical day consisted of collecting items from the warehouse to fill customer orders, palletizing products and preparing them to be shipped, loading and unloading of trucks, filling paperwork for customer orders, restock of warehouse...
I learned a lot about UPS Shipping Management software and FedeX Shipping software.
Management was poorly organized and my co-workers lacked enthusiasm for their job.
dirty , poor management
person (Former Employee) –  wadsworthNovember 20, 2014
No one knows what there doing, Bathrooms are dirty. only 1 toilet works in each one. dirty place to work.
It's like working in a ghetto.
very poor management. No one knows what there doing.
They hire and fire constantly.
I wouldn't tell my worst enemy to work here.
place needs closed down , they need all new bosses .
supervisors are a joke. You get wrote up or fired for the least little thing.
Don't stop to blow your nose , they'll fire you for not making quota.
They lie to people , treat employees like dirt.
Pros
absolutely none
Cons
short breaks lunch room dirty
belonging to quarter century club
preess operator (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WINovember 5, 2014
learn to run different jobs worked jobs with or without a coworker
Pros
quarter centry club
Cons
short bearks
Productive place
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2014
Walk in get assigned to your work station review the bomb/ parts required for machine read the defects and what to look for. Remove product from machine inspect and package product and label it. Stand for 8 hours in a hot environment.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
roaches in lunch break room
I have enjoyed working for Flambeau it has been wonderful company to work for.
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Weldon, NCJune 1, 2014
This has been a fair company to work for with good benefits. I have met a lot of people over the years and we have become one big happy family. Our plant is closing in June but I have learned to work with all types of personalities. A typical day at work is working steady. Management has been very friendly, the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people. I enjoy working in shipping because I get to meet people from all walks of life. I especially enjoy talking with salesman and truck drivers