Flambeau Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and safe
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Madison, GADecember 14, 2016
This is the best company I have ever worked for. While working at this company, I never had to worry about having hours. It is a safe and wonderful environment that is always there to show you new things on how to do your job better.
Pros
Hours/pay rate
Basic
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, GADecember 6, 2016
Typical day at this workplace was very unorganized. I learned what the company makes. Management was poor. My co-workers were good. Nothing was hard about the job.
Productive place to work
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Madison, GADecember 6, 2016
This is not. Good place to work because there is a lot drama in the floor of the work place . A lot of relationships problems more than work related issues
Good place to work,
Injection Molding Operator/Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INNovember 7, 2016
Good money and easy work. People are awesome. Flexible time on 3rd shift. If you're looking for a job with good benefits and pay. This one is for you.
Pros
People are awesome
Cons
Short breaks, poor working environment.
It was ok
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, GAOctober 3, 2016
I enjoyed the type of work I performed. Most of the employees were very nice and easy to get along with.I learned how to work with Quickbooks,
Pros
Hours
Cons
Co workers
Great.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2016
Its a great company, i get to work everyday and i feel in a good mood and so are all the co-workers. i learned a lot about operations and injection molding. i learned what skills i have. Management is god but can be way lot better. my co-workers are great and love their work. the hardest part of the job, well i think there isn't anything hard. and My enjoyable part of the day is working hard and moving fast.
I thought slavery was abolished?
Set-Up Technician (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHAugust 17, 2016
Horrible pay. Mandatory 7 days a week overtime. It seemed like the worse you were as a person/employee the more you got away with. Hard work and dedication means nothing but work harder.
They need to learn how to do the job and the prosswc goes befor tbey tell someone else how to do it
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INAugust 16, 2016
Was good at first them the gossip and High School dramas stared and the evil that is there,,,, truly showed it's head......
Pros
The new lunch room cool
Cons
Gossip...high school drama quenns...
The employees are good people, everything else about Flambeau is frankly awful.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WIJuly 22, 2016
Nobody is paid what they're worth, which is why the turnover rate for employees stands at roughly 80%. Salaries "cap out" after 2-3 years, then you no longer receive raises except for cost of living, which amounts to a 1% raise every year. usually.

Management has absolutely no idea what they're doing.

You can "advance" fairly quickly, to a different job that you can and will get bumped out of any time business slows down.

Currently they're removing positions, doubling work loads without increasing pay/compensation, and demoting people, due to the board of directors not knowing anything about how their own company works.
Pros
The break room is air-conditioned sometimes?
Cons
Buildings aren't air conditioned, so summer means working in 100+ degree temps, pay is awful, management is insane, benefits suck, vacation time allotted sucks, basically the entire place is one big con.
sucked
Blow Mold Operator (Former Employee) –  Sharon Center, OHJuly 17, 2016
I hated working at this place constantly being sent home management never cared about the employees constantly changing managers
plastic
Press operator/ Press set-up (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHApril 30, 2016
sweat shop no overtime horrible pay some good people work there they use temp agencies which brings in horrible workers horrible raises
decent if youre willing to play through the pain
Operator/Material Control fill-in (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WIApril 11, 2016
High turn over, physical job. Work has been steady for the last few years, no layoffs. Able to move shifts pretty quickly
Decent place to work
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIFebruary 20, 2016
Challenging day to day operations. Multi-faceted customer base lends itself to action/reactive measures at times. A great engineering staff = professional in every way.
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
"That's the way we've always done it"
Growing company with opportunity for growth
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WIJanuary 22, 2016
From that first fishing lure, Flambeau has continuously devoted itself to building their brand, culture, and great products. Leadership is strong and supportive and everyone is willing to lend a helping hand, whether it's out on the production floor or in the office. Flambeau is not only a great place to start your career, but it's also a wonderful place to develop a successful profession. The training and growth opportunities with Flambeau are endless. Apply today and check us out. Your next opportunity is knocking!
Pros
Free onsite clinic, benefits package, paid education, culture and opportunities
Is a good place to work but is still learning what it takes to be successful with a young management team
Warehouse manager (Current Employee) –  Sharon Center, OHJanuary 16, 2016
It is a good place to learn and grow as all of the people from top to bottom are fun to work with. I have learned a lot there in my capacities as lead supervisor and warehouse manger.

The management team works together very well and are a solid staff of skilled individuals but most are relatively new to their positions.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with machines who's maintenance and upkeep have been overlooked and now trying to compensate for those issues.

Most enjoyable part of working with Flambeau has been seeing the changes we have made as far as churn and growth in the monthly bottom line.
liked working in this field.
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Madison, GANovember 27, 2015
I really liked working at this job. A typical day was fun and exciting. There was some difficult people to work with that like to keep rumors and things like that going on the work floor and the H.R. Manager failed to discipline the correct people for these actions. H.R. manager was solely out for her own benefits and didn't care who was right or whom was wrong she was more like the first person in her office was the person telling the truth and didn't consider the real facts. I had a lot of good co-workers whom I respected very much. The hardest part of this job was not the job itself but the harassment being given by a particular supervisor on second shift that the H.R. manager allowed to continue in the work place. The most enjoyable was all the good people I met while working for this company and the fact that it was located close to my residence.
Pros
bonus days for perfect attendance, safety bingo. etc. over all a decent place to work.
Cons
only had two breaks one 10 min. and one 20 min. for lunch.
Good learning opportunity
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2015
Fun place to work at due to the diversity of associates. Bad is that the operators were unskilled and little training was provided in order for associates to become truly productive.
production operator
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Madison, GANovember 7, 2015
The work place and jobs duties was but the management was very unprofessional. Operators was trained poorly and treated poorly
Degrading work enviroment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sharon Center, OHOctober 1, 2015
Focused to highly on hourly performance after bringing in a large number of foreign refugees that can not speak English. Older employees tend to be hateful towards new highers. Company has alot of drama in the plant that management does not help in solving.
IT sucks
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAJuly 27, 2015
The supervisors dont think of their workers. They do not care whats going on in your personal life. HR is even worse they will write you up for anything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flambeau Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7