Flanders Corporation Employee Reviews

working with different cultures
boxer recieving clerk (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NYAugust 26, 2016
I was receiving clerk unloading trailers all day and putting materials away also helping pull orders for shipping helping in any way possible
Pros
experience gain
Cons
had to relocate
Professional work environment
Shipper/selector (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FL 33830April 16, 2016
A selector selecting orders on the listed worksheet. Building pallets up to 90 inches high creating your own tie to make sure the cases you stack on the pallet is stabled. My co workers were enjoyable to work with and my supervisor was the best supervisor i worked with in my life.
a fast paced job
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKDecember 2, 2015
start day with emptying and refilling water buckets
scan people in and get tape guns and stampers ready for boxers
get labels ready for orders make sure there is boxes for orders
fill out the quality sheets all day long and do quality checks
help boxers stay caught up doing changeovers
Keep areas clean as possible
scan,write tickets and wrap pallets as orders are completed
Great People
IT Technician Level II - Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCOctober 21, 2015
Flanders is full of people who are nice, friendly, and knowledgeable. Hard to move up in the company but hard work will get you noticed and promoted or other opportunities.
Productive and fun place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCOctober 10, 2015
On a typical day at work I would be on a assembly line working and cleaning filters. Learned how to have patience and do a good job
Pros
Got hours
Cons
little pay
not a good place to work
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJuly 20, 2015
not a good place to work no does not treart people the right way no room to grow in the company and work hard then what you should for the amount your payed company makes money but does not pay the right amount for the job.
Very unorganized
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Momence, ILJanuary 19, 2015
No organizational skills
No structure
I helped to organize the shipping/receiving department and within two weeks it was back to how it was in the beginning
unknown at this time
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Momence, ILNovember 17, 2014
co-workers are great
the hardest part of the job is keeping a good GM
the most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great group of employees.
Pros
unknonw
Cons
unknown
the worst location for flanders corp
forklift (Current Employee) –  momence illinoisJune 30, 2014
This location is absolutely horrible. Management is the worst than the devil himself. Don't have the tools for our job took away most forklifts
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks horrible h.r management
worst place ever
assembly line (Current Employee) –  HudsonApril 17, 2014
You are expected to make 4000 filters in 10 hours. If you blow your nose you get wrote up if you stop for anything you get wrote up. You do not get your raises when the are due or anything. They just expect more and more and more without giving anything back.
Productive & Busy Workplace
Sr. Business Analyst, The Home Depot (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2014
• Managed all daily tasks associated with successfully implementing National Filter Program roll-out in all Home Depot U.S. stores & select Canada markets.
• Compiled & analyzed weekly/monthly/YTD Sales & Supply Chain analysis and reporting metrics for Home Depot U.S & Canada markets.
• Executed Special Order EDI program through HD/Orderstream; and managed daily tasks, issues, communications pertaining to all orders & price discrepancies with HD store associates/SSC.
• Maintained item matters & supply chain issues within IDM & HDLink for all existing & new store, special order & HD.com items.
• Performed additional miscellaneous sales support tasks.
Shipping traffic manager
Shipping traffic manager (Former Employee) –  Momence, ILFebruary 7, 2014
Flanders treat all employee as property. Changes shifts and hours.
Employees look forward to holidays, but at Flanders you never know if you will have time off. Cancel time is the norm. Bullied threaten.
HR managers help those that liked , if not like they won't give you the time day. HR manager misses so much work but thats ok but a hourly employee is a few minutes late they get a point They need a union the only way the employees will be treated fair.
Being saraly is worse
Cons
if you don't like working 10 hours a day and saturday, non stop for months on end don''t work at flanders
Down right awful
assembler (Former Employee) –  momence ILJanuary 5, 2014
I just got fired because I didn't make 200 cases a day ...hmm I wonder why i had no training!!! My supervisor (2nd shift) just stuck me with all new assembly team and we failed ! I will be going to the head supervisor in HR about this issue because there is no reason for firing me and I can and will sue
Flanders
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCDecember 10, 2013
I would love to be working there I had a great time and learned a lot. The job security is a big issue since I was laid off last year. But I was an entry level engineer.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no time off
Worst job worst management worst idea
Assembly hand lines (Former Employee) –  Hudson NYOctober 24, 2013
I worked for this company for 3 weeks before leaving on lunch and never going back! You are expected to make 1200 100% perfect filters at minimum a night by hand with no training just practice by teaching yourself! Half the supervisors drink on their lunch or go and get high ... The company throws all these wonderful a words and thoughts at you but do not act them out at all!!! Very little pay or be over worked and under appreciated!!! I would sleep on the sidewalk before applying to this company again!!!!
Terrible
Handline inspector (Current Employee) –  Momence, IlOctober 9, 2012
The supervisor doesn't know what she's doing, & half of the people don't speak English. There are roaches everywhere! I've been working there for 9 months & we've been through 3 supervisors because they don't know what they're doing. People are treated unfair.
Pros
n/a
Cons
roaches, small cafeteria
very detailed and fast-paced
Logistics Auditor (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCOctober 8, 2012
A typical day began with auditoring invoices, taking notice of freight charges, overages, RMAs, Comunicating daily with carriers and vendors. Mangement was somewhat unpredictable. Co-workers were great. They were the true meaning of teamwork. Hardest part of th day was pushing out the inovices to be punced and billed so as to meet our goal. I enjoy the professional attitudes of my co-workers and sometimes breakig the mononity with humor.
Pros
overtime
Cons
management
The Company
Data Entry/Audit (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCOctober 1, 2012
The Company is a good company, some of the people that work there are clueless on how to be a manager and to support their staff. Some managers are not willing to allow their staff to advance into new positions. I have learned that what shines isn't always gold. Some co-workers are wonderful people, best people I have ever worked with. The others are backstabbers and sneaky. The hardest part of the job is keeping your mouth closed when things go wrong. When staff does speak up, it's overlooked or individual will be written up for speaking their mind. The most enjoyable part of the job is going home without them having to go with you.
Pros
getting a pay check every 2 weeks.
Cons
lack of knowledge, lack of management skills, anti-social
Terrible place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hudson NYSeptember 6, 2012
Flanders Hudson is a terrible place to work. It doesn't pay well and is very unsafe. OSHA has been there many times and they have been fined over and over again. The air quality in the plant is poor due to the laminators smoking and they refuse to do anything about it. Don't waste your time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flanders Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7