Flanders Employee Reviews in United States

Line Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLApril 21, 2016
it's an easy job pay could increase a little warehouse extremely hot during summer management could use some ethics training
production
inspector (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLApril 20, 2016
a typical day work was busy. i learned how to do quality check. management was fair. the co-workers were hard workers. there was nothing hard about the job. the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that this was helping me provide for my family.
Pros
working
Cons
that it was temp
productive place
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKApril 11, 2016
good place to work. I learned how to operate a fork lift. and lot tractor trailors. they also pay well. good place to go work for a first warehouse job.
builder
builder (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLMarch 1, 2016
It would be a good place to work if some of the people that are there would be replaced. The culture of the place is caused by the people who have been there a while once that happens this place will never be good.
Pros
steady work
Cons
bad people in high places.
Productive and very nice place to work
line worker/metal dropper (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLFebruary 24, 2016
my typical day at work is building filters and getting them ready for shipping.i have learned how stock inspect count orders . I all so enjoyed my co workers.
Pros
free chirstmas dinners
Cons
short lunch breaks
In a time of reorganizaiton
Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 18, 2016
The company is just in a time of transition again. Significant lay-offs >10% of the staff, question if they are addressing the real issues.
Broad opportunities in multiple fields of industrial engineering
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYFebruary 17, 2016
The company has their hands in many industries, including mining (globally) and papers mills. The do a variety of contract work from troubleshooting and repairing existing equipment and industrial machines to design and implementation of new systems. This is a good company to be on the cutting edge of industrial automation as well as electric motor design. The company takes great pride in it's core values.
Best job ive had so far!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCFebruary 6, 2016
Enjoyed working at Flanders. i got to learn a lot of things that you wouldn't get to at any other job because of how ranks are now in jobs. Very well put together and co workers got along very well. Team was #1 rule there and all agreed to work as one.
Pros
Break when too hot or hard to work.
Cons
Point system
Not a good place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Momence, ILDecember 15, 2015
It is a nasty place to work considering that you are making filters for companies and peoples homes. Infested with roaches.
Best Aerospace Company
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 8, 2015
Boeing is the leader in aerospace and a great place to work. All the employees really care about the products they deliver.
Productive and I enjoy working with my co-workers.
Builder/Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Momence, ILSeptember 7, 2015
I enjoyed my job and what it consist of. I learned how to manage 20+ people at one time. I really got along with my co-workers.
Shipping Clerk
puller or selector (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLAugust 11, 2015
Our day started at 7:30 a.m. and ended at 3:00 p.m. we pulled orders for customers to shipped to different stores such as Walmart and Publix and ace hardware
enjoyable and challanging on a daily basis
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJuly 31, 2015
Arrive at work at 5:30 a.m. talk to scheduler and get the schedule for the day, check with line operators to insure they have what is needed for their schedule is met or exceeded, Go into the computer to check scan- in times, correct any problems having in the system. I would walk lines looking for quality, or safety issues. Talk to employees for moral purposes ,and get computer set-up with forms to report data about the departments day then distribute data through e-mail or in personal boxes. The hardest part of my job was deviations when raw material was not available
The enjoyable part was the challenge and the employees, at least 50 percent of the employees that I worked with had also been there 10+ years with me as a supervisor.
Pros
Employees and bonuses
Cons
The need for raw material.
A typical day at work is constant repetition,standing,bending,walking with lifting of boxes or chipboard.I learned how to operate machines and comp.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  BARTOW, FL.July 6, 2015
To work for this company you must have some other income because it does not pay nearly enough even for simple living. The management is aloof and tend to be cold hearted even when they try to associate with the employees. There is almost no room for advancement or simple pay increases after 90 days or ever. You have people who have been working at this business for decades and still make what they started or minimal wage. I inquired about a change of shift, work dealing with production bonuses, and a slight pay raise to help with my cost of living. After all I do multiple jobs as needed, such as cut median,operate a line,run glue line,boxer,palletize, scan and operated computer for stock and shipping items, operate the n.A.C. Line, hand lines, cut and package material to be shipped. An this at a bargain wage of $9.00/Hr. I have no problem with working but the pay isn't enough for what I have been doing. The co-workers are great to be around and to work with which is about the only thing that keeps me going besides I needed an income. I would like to be somewhere I can be appreciated instead of feeling being used to keep production up so management can continue to see bonuses at the cost of those who are not able to make a bonus or even a small raise in pay to help with the cost of living. The hardest thing about the job is the wage that never moves, and the rareness of advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job is the regular employees whom you are around day in and day out who are glad to see one another friends and family, regardless of the situation we make the best  more... of it all!  less
Pros
GOOD PEOPLE TO WORK WITH
Cons
WAGES, HEALTH CARE COST, DISTANCE OF MANAGEMENT, THE LEARNING OF POSITIONS FALL ON YOUR ABILITY TO QUICKLY LEARN
Production Assembly (Former Employee) –  Momence, ILJune 12, 2015
Staying focus, being reliable and punctual.
I learned to work in fast pace and take my job serious.
to make sure we work as a team an keep up with the plea count.
my co-workers were amazing and strived just as hard as I did.
Not understanding how hard it was to get a job at his time of my life my hardest part was to stay motivated.
The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that my hard work paid off in the end as well as helping the company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
good breaks and healthcare
Good Company !
Auditor/Quality (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCApril 24, 2015
Easy going company, growth. Overtime, Great pay ! Loved working for this company. Great Team leaders. Moved up in the company within the first 6 months.
Pros
Long Breaks, Overtime.
worst place ever
line member (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NYMarch 27, 2015
disliked this job the hours really sucked and i got fired because my line couldnt keep up with production that wasnt fair to the people that were actually doing their job while others in the loine brought them down this is probably my worst job ever
Productivtiy
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCMarch 12, 2015
I would start the glue machine. I learn how to get my production up to the standards the company wanted. Managers were good and my co workers. The most enjoyable is the people I work with.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short breakes
Fast moving, demanding job.
Texwrap Operator (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLMarch 4, 2015
Long work days and sometimes long work weeks. Good hours in the summer, meager hours in the winter. I learned most of the ins and outs of the factory. My coworkers were of many different cultures and languages which sometimes made it hard to communicate. The hardest part of the job was helping the slackers catch up. I enjoyed working there, nonetheless.
Pros
production bonuses
Cons
supervisor bias
Management is rewarding experience.
Shipping supervisor (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCMarch 2, 2015
As a leader, one must learn to rally employees to work diligently and efficiently to achieve maximum results. It is a rewarding experience.