Flanders Employee Reviews

I've peaked in wages.....
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLNovember 30, 2017
Was told that i could only get cost of living increases because I've peaked pay wise unless I became a supervisor to which I was told that i would need to be experienced in supervising a large group of employees to which I've only supervised 13 employees
Pros
20 minutes from home
Cons
Short breaks, fast turnover and lots of bad raw material
hard working
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Manteno, ILOctober 24, 2017
i would stand for long hours packing i got two 15 min break and i also got a lunch for a hour i got paid time off when i was sick and the manger was helpfull
Pros
etc
Cons
etc
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 4, 2017
Was a great job overall mangment needed inprovment they could of gave more overtime and better pay and offered more benfits wish they wpuld of never closed down
Sweat shop
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NYJuly 25, 2017
What can I say its like any other manurfacturing job little pay for some easy work with a compay making so much can they atleast pay a little more they're on their feet all day9.75 what a .25 more taxes gonna take it any ways
Fast Paced
Assembler/assembly line (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJune 21, 2017
Working at Flanders makes it difficult to balance your life and job.
It's an entry level, dead end job with no real opportunity for advancement. You work 10 hours a day and overtime is mandatory.
The job is okay if you're content with slightly above minimum wages and just having a job. Don't get me wrong; I greatly appreciated the job, but it's not a great career opportunity.
Pros
paycheck every two weeks
Cons
work environment and favortism
Very stressful environment
Lead-Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJune 20, 2017
Employees were not treated equally. Supervisor tend to yell instead of speaking normal to employees. Instead of backing up the leads, they went against them.
Pros
Set hours for the most part
Cons
Poor management
Bad Mangement Bad Employees
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJune 2, 2017
It's constant bickering they pay just went up to 8.25 per hour. The managers never did production the supervisors don't train the employees do. There is lack of communication and if the employees don't know you they don't like you and will move very slow so you can get fired. I would have stayed longer if they fired everybody on down to the managers!
Pros
Cons
Pettiness in every department
Fast paced cold workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAMay 18, 2017
Start day was a 7am. Worked on a line with 7 others 4 on each side. packing frozen hamburger patties in boxes in 3 different sizes of 8, 12, and 24. The hardest thing to deal with at this job was working in the cold. There wasn't any enjoyable moments at this job for me!
Pros
Hours were Perfect
Cons
It was very cold
Good work environment
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Manteno, ILMay 8, 2017
Flanders is a nice place to work. It has a relaxed environment for breaks but the main floor is very precise and easy to get things done. I reccomend Flanders to anyone.
Pros
No heavy lifting
Cons
Hot conditions
Productive Work Place
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCMay 4, 2017
Productive place to work. Work environment is pleasant fast paced. Good place to learn good work ethics and team work is key at the facility. You have to work to gather to be productive and make production.
Very hard
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKMay 2, 2017
Not enough verbal training and pay for the hours you have to work. Most speak Spanish so don't u detstand what they want you to do. Does not make exceptions for reasons if you need off or have to leave early or are sick. I don't think it should be mandatory that you have to work Fridays and Saturdays when u are supposed to be off that's one day a week with your family. Managers don't take the time to talk to there employees and make sure they got there work done right or ask how they are doing
Pros
Hours if you wany
Cons
Not enough pay
good people
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCApril 27, 2017
learned to drive lifts work on things. better people skills . hardest part is the heat best part is working around people ............................
Not a very comfortable work place
Metal dropper (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLApril 26, 2017
The pay is ok for the work that you are asked to do, depending on which job u are assigned. But the atmosphere is not healthy and its very irritating especially if u have allergies or can't really deal with climate changes that well.
Loved this job
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKApril 3, 2017
Flanders was a great job and I was great at it! I loved all my co workers and I loved the hard work. I loved that we got bonuses. I was so good people came from other companies to see how I did it!
Pros
I loved this job
Cons
Almost lost my baby
unless you are Mexican, you were treated different
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCApril 1, 2017
No room for advancement. Favor was shown to the Mexican. Small break room. Pay was not good. I worked 2nd shift but it was nothing to be told at 10:30 that we would have to work until 2
Good job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCApril 1, 2017
I was temporary here but this was a great job while it lasted. I am now looking for permanent work even though this one provided me with an excellent learning experience.
Pros
breaks
Cons
temporary
productive workplace
Line Inspector/Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLMarch 20, 2017
I learned a lot of new things here but its not a place I could be at for a long period of time. Managers need proper training and communication skills.
Productive light duty warehouse
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLFebruary 25, 2017
Friendly and diverse environment very easy work not good with pay but you will work 40 hrs and there's alot of overtime so I'm satisfied
It was an okay job
Machine Operator/Packing (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCFebruary 15, 2017
I do not think I ever felt appreciated by any of the staff. The only reason I worked there was because I did not another place I could work at the moment.
Okay place to work
Builder (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Flanders makes air fiters. You have the Sam department, pleat lines which consists of the hand lines, and customs.I LOVE THAT YOU CAN GET BONUSES. The work is very hands on. They want you to make production every day.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Breaks are only 20 minutes