Flatiron Construction Corp Employee Reviews

Colorado Location
Estimating/Quantities Technician (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 14, 2017
In a whole, Flatiron is a great place to work. The environment is relaxed and the people are great. The management is lacking in some ways and they seem hesitant to move past old ways of doing things. For new grads it is hard because they have not quite developed their training program.
Great company working for cancer research and cure
Remote Oncology Abstractor (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 25, 2017
Great company working for cancer research and cure. I would love to have this type of job and ability to work remotely from home as I have been a working hands on patient care nurse for 20 years.
Pros
See above
Cons
Must work as a contract employee for at least 6 months
Balanced work ife
Bridge Carpenter Forman (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 11, 2017
At Flatiron, safety, environmental stewardship, productive partnering relationships, community involvement and charitable giving aren’t extras–they’re essential.

Learn more about our commitment to each of these principals and see how Flatiron is making a difference not just on the jobsite but worldwide.
Fun place
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 18, 2017
Loved working outside and getting too meet all kind of new people. An experience I'll never forget and would love too do again. Got too learn a lot of new things and even how too operate different equipment
Great job.
Pile Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 2, 2017
Solid hours, good money, benefits. The whole package. The inly reason i decided to leave working for this solid company is because my home life went down hill, as i was out of town working.
Great company and great people.
Intern Engineer (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 17, 2017
Flatiron is a great company with options for advancement. Management was good and were all very approachable. Co-workers were friendly and all had great attitudes about working together.
Pros
Good people, good pay
Cons
long hours and requires relocation depending on the types of projects you work on.
Choose not to talk about my experience there
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 3, 2017
Choose not to talk about my experience there. I felt that they bully there employees. No training and no work explanation. Manager is in over his head and safety is only done to suffer coat the state and Safety should be a way of life
Pros
Public eye
Decent place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 29, 2017
Flatiron is a great place to work. The project itself has been challenging as has working within the partnership of 2 companies. Please ask me more during an interview.
Pros
Avg. Salary, Exciting for the community
Cons
Two companies working together, State and Federal Regulations
They made work fun and the day go by fast.
Field Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2017
Payroll was done daily and uploaded on Mondays. I woould handle every aspect of the jobsite office. I would do document control and new hire orieintaion. I would also do extra work billing to state. All my Project Managers were great. They were all positive and supportive. The hardest part of the jobs was closing them and making sure we collected revenue from state. I really enjoyed the people I worked with.
Pros
All Project Managers great to work with
Cons
Better pay
Not a happy place.
Esimator (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAApril 24, 2017
Unstable work environment. A lot of turnover. In over two years, management was unable to procure any projects. Management seemed to miss the problem.
Positive Environment
Office Manager/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 21, 2017
Good, hardworking, fun people to work with. Union employees had great training, office staff did not get as much training as they should. Great company but no job security. One day they tell you-you to have nothing to worry about, the next they say a reduction in force. Field personnel is great
Pros
Wonderful People
Cons
not winning work no job security
Fun people to work with
Aprentice Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 7, 2017
Overall just a good company. Lots of good people there. Some foreman's need replacing, but that's a normal thing in construction. Other than that, twas all swell
Had its ups and downs
Network Administrator/ Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COMarch 22, 2017
Was a decent place to work and I learned a lot there. Some good managers, and others not at all. Had to have thick skin as some employees could be verbally aggressive/abusive when they were told things they didn't want to hear.
Work outside. Good group of guys.
Construction laborer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 3, 2017
We would show up at 7:00 a.m. Load the tools for the job that we were doing that day. We erected sound walls for the community. We worked with concrete trucks to fill holes for our posts. Then later we would use a crane to slide the walls into place. The management at this company did a poor job. There's a lot of money to be had in this kind of work, at the cost of poor management skills. The management had issues working together and making sense of what was going on. On multiple occasions i was told to turn a blind eye to something wrong, just to get it done.
n/a
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAJanuary 30, 2017
N/A Company is a really good company but does not appreciate the work of employees. Hire people and train people the correct way. There are alot of old employees with bad habits and alot needs to get done but management does not do anything about it
Pros
Really good company to work with
Cons
They don't do a really good job in training. You learn over time but you learn
Still has great people, but they are not doing too well
Estimator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Flatiron has great people with lots of experience and are willing to help you grow to your full potential. However, in the recent years, they have been struggling financially. For the Heavy Civil Industry, Flatiron is one of the best in balancing Job work and personal life.
i like the work
Flatbed Operator (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 9, 2016
I would work 6 to 7 days a week 15 hrs a day. It was a temporary job through the summer. i would maintenance my water truck keep the roads wet to keep down the dirts
Pros
the money was great
Cons
working 6 to 7 days a week 15 hrs days
Crane operator & heavy equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 5, 2016
Employers seem to care a lot about employees. Health and safety of employees is important to them. Really good compensation and benefits package.
N/a
Equipment Secretary (Former Employee) –  Firestone, COJune 23, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company, This was a job I loved coming to work everyday because of my co-workers. I learned Data entry, I also learned what team work was all about.
not very fexable
none (Former Employee) –  noewJanuary 5, 2016
did not work there long but not very friendly so i dont think i would work for them again thank you and have a great day i dont want to give a review i am trying to apply for jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flatiron Construction Corp. Our community is ready to answer.