Fleet Landing Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible Place to Work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLMarch 30, 2016
There is no room for advancement. Management says they'll look into something later, which really means never. Upper management believes that employees are incompetent and consistently need to be micromanaged on a daily. Managers talk down to employees and think they are above all. As an employee, you feel under appreciated and are not compensated for your hard work. Worst company I have ever worked for. It's not a healthy working environment.
A day In the life of a fast paced floater....
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 10, 2016
My typical day working at Fleet Landing was shucking oysters, filleting fish, and making salads. I moved quickly to the second part of the line where we had to be able to multitask and take orders coming in on the screen, which required a huge sense of urgency. Working alongside sautee especially in the winter and slower months I learned about why temperature is of utter importance and the major role the prep workers play in the restaurant industry.
Pros
free food/ take home pay/ location
Cons
lacking strong management/ records
Fun workplace
Cook (Current Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLMarch 13, 2015
Its a great place to Work they teach you a lot of different ways to cook things the people you work with is great ,there really is not a hard part to this job if you stay focus.
Pros
you get to try new thing, good benefits
Cons
no time for breaks
Was a nice atmopsphere to work
Stylist / owner (Former Employee) –  Mayport, FLJanuary 17, 2015
I enjoyed the clients I had there, all were very nice and interesting people to talk with. If they would not have decided to hire a big company to take over their salons I would still be there. I did work also with people with disabilities and Dementia as well when I worked at the salon they had at the nursing home section as well as the independent residents of Fleet Landing. I learned to manage finances and take orders for supplies.
a nice place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLDecember 24, 2014
interacting with my patients taking vitals laughing joking helping my co-workers passing ice or snacks to my patients helping patients with getting patients ready for dinner.
Great Place to Live, Contentious Place to Work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 7, 2014
Management truly suffers from lack of medical knowledge and mediocre corporate culture in respect to treating employees with respect or neutrality. Annual reviews are often based on gossip and opinions of people with whom the employee may or may not have direct work related experience. Managers have little to no medical training or knowledge and do not fully understand the workings of a medically based facility. Residents are often treated with disrespect or disregard by management.
Pros
several areas of experience are available
Cons
not judged on skills or resident evaluations, but solely on how your manager "feels" about you
Learned alot
CNA (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLNovember 1, 2013
assist patients with their daily needs which includes dressing, bathing, shaving, feeding, companion, and communication. I learned new and helpful tips to ensure patient and staff safety and their needs for obtaining the best health care I can provide. Management is helpful. My co-workers were great in providing information on giving the best care for patients. My co-workers were also great in helping in assisting patient care. The hardest part of my job would have been when I didn't have enough information on a new patient. I enjoyed working with everyone at fleet, patients and staff.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
combative patients
nice place to work
Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLOctober 30, 2013
nice place to work but not enough hours co workers are fun,the most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of the residents.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no full time employment
Great service with good food
SERVER/DISHWASHER ADRESS (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2013
We have fun serving the elder military men and women listen to the great stories of all the world wars laugh joke and make sure they have a excellent meal but a wonderful time
Pros
eat when ever you wanted
overall people were good to me except my last year-alot of favortism
LPN (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLAugust 21, 2013
alot of changes some good and some bad. Health care was pretty good. Co workers made it enjoyable and most residents were really nice and easy to get along with. Christmas bonus was a blessing
Work day
Employee Cafe Cashier/Cook/PrepCook (Current Employee) –  Altantic Beach, FLJune 26, 2013
I prep all daily food items.
I love interacting with other employees.
The hardest part of the day would be having an unsatisfied customer.
Team player only runs one way. No advancement. No Promotion from within.
Security/ Concierge /Plumber/Electrician/ Taxi (Current Employee) –  Safety & SecurityMarch 12, 2013
The residents are being kept in the dark and they don't know their money is being wasted.
Yet the company motto's are
"We are a non profit organization"
"We do it for the residents" and my favorite excuse for giving out 17 cent raises...
"No One comes here with the intention of becoming rich."
They may be able to hire good, dependable, reliable people, but they can not "Keep Them."
Furthermore, The security is a joke. the residents are not safe and neither are the employees. One can make more money and be treated better as well as appreciated and respected more,
flipping burgers at McDonalds.
Cons
everything
Not employee friendly
Master Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FloridaNovember 23, 2012
This is not a place to work if you expect to be treated with dignity and wish to advance with the employer as their only desire is to get as much from you as possible without pay for the work. Team Player for them is another word for minimum wage w/o chance for advancement.
Pros
close to home
Cons
employees are treated very unkindly.
Good work place to start out at
Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 31, 2012
I would take oders put them in the compueter bring them food make sure meal was going great. I learn not to become so personal in the job and always I grew alot at my 1st job. Management was ok and some of the coworkers were ok to. Hardest part was smiling at those who were rude during thee serives. Enjoyable part was making them smile
great
Cook (Current Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLJune 14, 2012
I love working here they always have overtime and nice people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fleet Landing. Our community is ready to answer.