Fleetgistics Employee Reviews

Fleetgistics
OPERATIONS MANAGER JACKSONVILLE (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32804June 20, 2017
Great company to work with. Lost job due to losing contract with customer. Good management, Extreme job support from fellow and upper managers . Would recommend employment with this company.
Pros
great support
Cons
reacts slowly on issues
In my case 24/7 job
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Good company, good benefits, great experience gained. I left simply because I had no support in a 24/7 job. I enjoyed a flexible environment but I was ignored when I asked for help on managing some very difficult accounts. I would go back and work for them if I felt I would be adequately supported, backed and compensated. My job was very hands on and carried tons of responsibility. I managed clients, contractors, customers and had to deal directly with their issues in order to keep things running smoothly at all times, all times meaning 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Not all managers are in this position, but close.
Pros
valuable experience gained, solid business model, good benefits
Cons
life work balance, compensation not to par with responsibility or performance
Do not ever work for this place
IC Courier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 19, 2016
First off this place started my contract at a reasonable pay rate and then three months later they cut it by 20% without any notice. Secondly, the management for this company is just garbage. Supervisor never answered her phone or text messages. The pay is low for what the job is. There is no reimbursement for mileage or gas. There is absolutely no security as they terminated my contract with literally no notice. I worked Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday it was taken away with a phone call twenty minutes before I started. Took all day to find out if I still had a job or not and then I was merely given contact info for someone at their corporate office who just doesn't answer her phone or return calls. Called five times and have yet to receive any response or reason for termination. If you are an IC go work for somewhere like Beavex, at least they treat their employees a little better. This place is trash.
Pros
Get to be by yourself
Cons
Going to work everyday
Worst Place ever to work!!! Stay away!!
IC Compliance Specialist/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 7, 2016
Low Pay.
No team work.
No manners and no respect from no one.
Too much stress. Employees come and go every month.
No job security and the benefits are awful.
Pros
Cake every last Thursday
Cons
Everything else
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCSeptember 20, 2016
My day starts around 5:30 by answering emails and assigning routes for the PPA account because the routing software is not current and does not route well. After I get all my trucks for the ASCO account on the road then I go to the PPA account where we cannot keep drivers because of the poor routing and very low pay. I have to run routes too often. I am a manager not a delivery driver.
Parts Fleet driver
Courier/Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 4, 2016
This company seems to be a good company to drive for, I worked 2 weeks, the only complaint is the money, .41 cents a mile after fuel, You need to own right out no payment van based on 1200 miles a week 15mpg/2.25 /gal, a retired person or someone debt free could make this work if spouse is working also, manager is a nice person ,software once you get the hang of it easy, dispatch friendly, dealerships friendly
Pros
all around good bunch of people
Cons
cant support a family if only bread winner
Revolving door
Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  CTJuly 31, 2016
I was the lead driver at this company and my boss was clueless on what's going on with the routes; I kept on training new drivers because instead of solving the root of the problems he would just hire a new driver. FInally I got fired myself too; never gave me the reason why but I'm sure he started taking all the headache I was taking for him.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
No organization whatsoever
Horrible place to work
Contract Carrier (Former Employee) –  Iola, KSMarch 22, 2016
The routes are over 200 miles per day. You carry a lot of medicines to different nursing and skilled care facilities along the designated routes. There is no job training, and no security in place. The pay is very low and you are not viewed by management as a person only a driver.
Pros
work at your own paceq
Cons
long hours low pay and horrible upper management
Great pay
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 25, 2015
Company is good to work for and pay is excellent. Hardest part of job was working 2 routes back to back. Not being able to take time off during week. Otherwise, great driving experience and great pay.
Bad Company to work for
Senior Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2015
long hours, low pay, bad communication, bad management, very bad benefits, Ins is very expensive for family with very high deductible.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay, Bad Benefits, etc....
very low moral
dispatch (Former Employee) –  clearwater, flMay 24, 2015
long shifts..they dont care about employees..only their pockets, even some of the upper crust mgmt have left because of the nonsense. they let go great long time supervisors just to put that extra penny in their already buldging pockets. unless you are a favorite there you are s.o.l
Pros
none really
Cons
everything
Fleetgistics is survival
CT-Asa contractor for Fleetgistics (Current Employee) –  ctMarch 27, 2015
Not survival of the fittest. They hire the brightest people for delivery and such and pay them the minimum that they can. These people are contractors, not employees, thus they do not have benefits or security of any kind. Their clients run out of tolerance for the drivers in one to two years, depending on the type of client. The driver is then thrown away. Perhaps it is personal favors which can then get you rehired for another route. The system for rehiring is, as all other elements of the agreement, in the sole discretion of Fleetgistics. You are not shown favor even after many years of work. The companys headquarters in Illonois is currently being sued for underpayment of drivers when the expense of the vehicle is taken into account. Dispatchers which you have become attached to will leave without giving you a reference or a goodbye. The company will not acknowledge you except by a letter which confirms your contract, the starting and ending date, and the nature of your relationship to them. Nobody does this kind of work unless they've fallen into a trap of which they know not the cause. Workdays are 12 to 13 hours before you've acheived humble pay. Contracts are arranged so that personal communication with any dispatcher is superflous to your own obeisance to the circumstance. To their own credit, they have managed to survive in one of the most competitive environments known to man.
Pros
Driving out in the world
Cons
Low pay. Lack of moral support. Lack of benefits. Lack of references.
Overall good experience
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 18, 2014
Enjoyed the work and interaction with co-workers. Job involves aspects of account management, hiring/contracting, training, etc. Hours can be long unless you contract enough drivers. Work on your own quite a bit (which I liked, but not for everyone). Overall experience was good.
Pros
Work on your own.
Cons
No life, If you're married prepare for strain, you are always wrong...
TRANSPORTATION OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  USAJuly 21, 2014
Worked as an Operations Manager for 2 years. My area was enormous. I only had 1 account that was local. SO, I traveled a lot at their whim and on my own dime. No company credit card, though this was promised during my interview and hiring.

Typical day was answering the phone @ 430am because non of the couriers would answer to cover a route. If It was local I was expected to run it for no compensation to speak of so that we didn't fail the customer. This happened often. If your accounts required air travel you would fly there and stay as long as management felt you needed to be there regardless of your life or health.

I learned not to trust anyone as they would use you as a stepping stone to better themselves. Management structure was redone twice in two years. No ops managers were promoted to fill positions as we were considered grunts with no knowledge that would help the company. My upper management was non existent until you pushed buttons that put them in the crosshairs. Then they would just berate you instead of trying to help you fix the problem.

This company has been on the block for sale for two years yet Upper management denies this regularly. Did I mention you are considered moronic and have no opinions? The hardest part of the job was not becoming an alcoholic ala my Area Manager.

I stayed for two years because you operate out of your home office, unless you are traveling. During this period I as a young man had some unexpected health issues, not like they cared at all. Because, they didn't. I was only threatened weekly in regards. You will hate your
  more... life if you work for this company... Your family will learn not to rely on you as well. Just an awfully ran company as well as work life. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.  less
Pros
Cons
The list is long........
Wonderful
Contactor Driver (Nights) (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 9, 2014
Love my job and . You delivery to nursing home drugs every time you go out. You get paid by the job.
Pros
on your own
Cons
parm runs you
Experience Builder
Onsite/Field Manager (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTMay 29, 2014
During my time with this organization I was responsible for field operations for the northeast covering 7 states and over 200 independent contractors as well as over 40 customers throughout the region. My responsibilities included but were not limited to account management, implementation, financial analysis, training/orientation, and compliance enforcement. I was able to expand my leadership and management knowledge over a large scale of territory and diverse aspects of the logistics industry. There was a complete face lift of management that did not appreciate or recognize the strengths or skills of the employees who remained loyal with the many changes of the organization during 2013-2014. There was no room for advancement so I made a conscious decision to leave to find an organization where I can add value to their operation by bringing my positive energy, knowledge of the industry, and track record of success to build my career in logistics.
poor place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 5, 2014
no management structor poor hiring process company is a mess
Exciting place
Courier driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2013
Great place to work. Very polite superiors and co-workers. Exciting to meet new people every day in offices I drive to.
High expectations from Management
employee (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2013
Management has exceptionally high expectations, and they are not set up for internal development. But they pay well for the experience and performance that they demand.
Pros
Company lunch on Wednesdays!
Cons
Confrontational management style
24 hour operations
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 5, 2012
Operations Manager overseeing 75+ couriers to delivery medicine from corp. pharmacy to nursing homes.
Pros
well established company with service in 25+ states
Cons
little to no time with family