Fleetmatics Ltd Employee Reviews

Fast paced work environment with great people to work with
Business Solutions Consultant, New Business (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILApril 18, 2017
I sold a great product that I believed could help small business achieve their potential and make their lives easier. I learned a lot and grew my sales acumen which has made me more dynamic as a sales rep. The experience was great and the people I worked with were even better which made the work-environment more enjoyable.
Excellent
Customer Service and Tech Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 7, 2017
Is an amazing place to work at people is so nice and the work environment is so cool, they have a lot of goals as a company and the recreation activities are just great
High Energy Fast Paced Sales Organization
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 4, 2017
-Inside Sales
-High paced high energy high stress
-Great culture
-Great team in Charlotte at the Charlotte office
-Rewarding job
-Favoritism among management with reps
Pros
Great culture, mgmt team etc.
Cons
favortism, high stress, difficult selling process
Well run sales organization!
Business Developer (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Look this is a sales gig! Telephone skills extraordinaire are welcome! Work hard and reap the benefits. A few of the "closer's" were "Real Clowns"(edited by software). But overall a solidly run sales organization!
Decent Job, Fun Atmosphere
Fleet Optimization Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILFebruary 8, 2017
The company was growing strong when i began and really continued to grow.

I had various jobs there in four years, good potential for growth if you want it. Fun atmosphere, they treat you well, but the pay is relatively weak.
Pros
Really liked the people I worked with
Cons
Numbers oriented, contracts that customers get locked into are shady
stressful, high pressure boy's club
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2017
A juvenile work atmosphere with off color language and rampant favoritism that is okayed by management. Inbound Leads were given on favoritism especially if you were "friends" with management.
Average
Digital Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 8, 2016
Poor management structure and a very high turn over there. The pay is very low and you are hired as more of a qualifier. Very professional environment but opportunities are not divided on work ethic only by tenor.
Pros
Nice clean work enviroment
Cons
Poor management and pay structure
Fast paced and fun workplace
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHOctober 13, 2016
On a typical day I will receive anywhere from 70-100 calls a day from technicians/customers calling to check-in or troubleshoot our GPS tracking units that are being newly installed or being serviced.

I have learned to manage my time correctly and stay organized while completely each task. Each call could mean that you may be working between five different browser tabs and on two computers screens and it can get confusing if you don't develop a system.

Management is really good about keeping us informed about new processes. We regularly have meetings to assess what’s working well for others and what can be approved upon. We also have access to instant messenger so we can contact other departments if we have questions about the current task we’re completing.

My co-workers are great. Everyone is always eager to help one another and we really function well as a team. We tend to pick each other’s brain to get ideas about how we can improve our current processes when troubleshooting and repairing devices.

The hardest part of the job is when you are unable to get a device reporting correctly and you’ve exhausted all the knowledge you have on how to get it working. Sometimes it’s a simple, but at times requires involvement of others from other departments to assist you.

The most enjoyable part about my job is being able to interact with different people every day. With each call you never know what you’re going to get and that’s exciting.
Progressive company
Regional Account Mgr (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 26, 2016
The company underwent significant management changes during my time there.
I believe I personally had to adjust to 5 different management styles and expectations.
The environment overall was unpredictable depending on who was appointed acting manager that day.

The company does a lot for its employees and offers excellent benefit package.
Colleagues offer more training and support than anyone in management or training.
The hardest part of this job is to be creative with ways to secure new business, always staying one step ahead of the competition.
Realization that you are only as good as your last month.
Great company
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 19, 2016
Great company, outstanding work life balance. I worked in finance and I learned a lot about the tech industry. Pleasure working with such a great team of people.
Very good benefits
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 5, 2016
Great benefits and work life balance. Very unprofessional office, low pay in operations. This company is good to get experience right after college.
Efficiency is highly valuable
Invoicing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 24, 2016
Efficient workplace where each one of us have to carry out the daily procedures from taking client calls onto paying the outsourcers which installed GPS tracking systems for us to our clients.
Pros
Nice space and Nice people
Cons
Routined
Competitive workplace, numbers driven
Installation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work included making 50+ outbound calls, which were monitored with the goal of scheduling upgrades for a network change. We were given monthly goals and at first enough work to hit those goals, but as the project progressed on it became tougher to hit those numbers. The most enjoyable part of the job was hitting those goals and receiving the monthly bonus as well as working with a great group of people. Management was stressed over the numbers as the project had a lifespan which became evident it was toward the end, this stress was passed along from upper management, to the manger to the room supervisor which made for a very competitive atmosphere. Skills were tested in conveying the message to the customer of the necessary upgrade and being able to schedule with the time frame given. Being an installation coordinator was challenging at times, but the goals were always made clear.
Pros
hour lunch, personal days, help from co-workers
Cons
high stress, high call volume, fear of project coming to end with no communication on staying with company
fun workplace
Client Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 30, 2016
Fleetmatics is an innovative company who focuses on employee and client satisfaction. Emphasize a team work culture and are always trying new strategies to assist in streamlining our jobs and how we can provide the best services to our clients.

Some perks of the job, we got to go to a basketball game, went laser tag, and company is always asking for feedback and provides consistent training opportunities to grow and share knowledge.
Pros
laser tag
Cons
busy
Cutting Edge
Senior Regional Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 28, 2016
Great atmosphere for professionals with entrepreneurial spirit. The product is the state of the art and the inside sales model allows for month over month growth.
Happy Atmosphere / Making Money
Client Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 12, 2016
Making calls between 60 to 80 a day setting appointments to sell a GPS solution that allows companies to put money back in there bottom line.

Managers are great to work with and flexible in helping you achieve your goals.
Pros
Hours and pay
Cons
To many layers of managers
Fun environment with great people
BUSINESS DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 22, 2016
Positive work environment.
Good people.
Good product.
Fast paced and motivated.
Glad to be a part of the team.
Always a mile a minute.
Hard driving and worth it if you have the right connections
Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 12, 2015
VERY passionate management staff who always tries to instill the same work ethic into you every day. Very inspiring and they really try to help... for a while at least. The company definitely works hard to make themselves one of the best at what they do. But, it comes at a price. It's a VERY high stress job and you have to be able to adapt quickly or you'll be hung out to dry. Management tends to lean more towards the younger, more "blank slate" type of jobbers who are coming up since that's what they were and that's what they feel works the best. You don't see many older people there at all and next to no women. This can be a good, and bad thing. There is NO HR element at all in the building. That is definitely a bad thing. Trying to communicate solely through email with a company that is based 3 hours ahead is a joke. There is no $ when it comes to actually buying equipment or supplies for the office, yet they'll get sandwiches every other day for lame 15min training classes. I know people like to eat, but the principle of the company taking care of the company issues is what's at stake here imo. I felt like they didn't take accountability for anything under their roof and left it all to the employees. Not a lot of support when it came to anything other than sales.
Pros
VERY passionate management staff, free snacks and coffee, spiffs
Cons
High stress, No HR element, Only young males are hired typically
Excellent place to work!
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 28, 2015
Excellent workplace environment that balanced fun and productivity with supervisors that honestly care about their employees.
Pros
Quartly rewards and bonuses
ok company yo work for
Technical Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 3, 2015
ok company to work for. boiler room company , no structure, great benefits, no room for growth. Used to like working for the company just too many inconsistent changes.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no room for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fleetmatics Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8